Wheel of Time chat thread - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Literature

Literature Talk about books that you have read.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
*Spoilers* Wheel of Time chat thread *Spoilers*

Created because those goddamn fucktards are trying to ruin everything for me! Talk here and LEAVE ME IN PEACE!

Fuck yeah - caught up. Book Thirteen: Towers of Midnight is done. So I'm repurposing this thread.

Warning!

This thread will contain spoilers from all thirteen books of the Wheel of Time series, as we nerds discuss it in the long await for Book Fourteen: A Memory of Light. We will not be using spoiler tags, so if you care about not knowing what happens while reading these books - do not continue reading.

Last edited by ACt; 03-01-2011 at 04:59 PM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-01-2011), Nerox (03-13-2011), TheBaron (12-28-2010)

Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Wheel of Time chat thread

we just started using spoiler tags, sorry dude.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I clearly said "DO NOT READ WHAT'S HIDDEN" and used a spoiler tag
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

The amusing thing is I came here on the first posts betting that you wouldn't say anything.

Yeah, I didn't read the spoiler tags, but there was a bunch of crap before that. Don't worry about it - this is merely some harmless rage. I hold both of you in fair internet esteem.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I almost didn't say anything, but Nerox posted and I had to respond as well. To be fair, we tried to discuss it in a way that didn't spoil anything, but that got really difficult really fast.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

I know, I know. If you like, i can start going on about what I know and we can build the conversation from there. It may just take 2 months or so for us all to be on the same page.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #7
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
I hold both of you in fair internet esteem.
i am baffled by this compliment ^^

so i assume you are at the beginning of book three. around page 200?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
ACt
Heart Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
i am baffled by this compliment ^^

so i assume you are at the beginning of book three. around page 200?
"Internet esteem": Your words and demeanor suggest you are good and intelligent people that I could get along with in real life. But since it is the internet, who knows - you may enjoy kicking puppies.

Just saying.

And no, I should finish book three tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (10-06-2010)
Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

well your one of the members i respect the most on here, speaking in internet terms. there are not many in that elusive circle :>

back to topic: so what should we discuss about if you are finishing book 3 any moment? perhaps one of my favorite scenes in book three is when Mat is fighting Gawyn and Galad and kicking their asses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-06-2010), KillerNN (10-06-2010)
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

They don't have these books at my school library, and I haven't been to my local library yet because I have no way to get there. These books are intriguing, can anyone give me a summary of the plot?

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

that is way complicated NN. you see there are 13 books in november and about 50 minor or major characters with different plots strings, which are all entangled to a degree and with a final battle. just try wikipedia, i'd say, because i am pretty sure i can't give an sufficient summary.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
They don't have these books at my school library, and I haven't been to my local library yet because I have no way to get there. These books are intriguing, can anyone give me a summary of the plot?
That would be impossible without spoiling everything. There is so much that goes on it's not even funny. It would be far easier for you to get the books and read them than for us to explain it.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

I see. At least tell me what the genre - books are about.

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
ACt
Heart Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
well your one of the members i respect the most on here, speaking in internet terms. there are not many in that elusive circle :>

back to topic: so what should we discuss about if you are finishing book 3 any moment? perhaps one of my favorite scenes in book three is when Mat is fighting Gawyn and Galad and kicking their asses.
Thanks. And yeah, that scene was great - a little surprising, but really fun. I'm impressed with the direction Mat and Perrin are going. Not at all what I expected.

NN - it is one of the quintessential fantasy epics. It starts taking it's blue print from the LotR mold and then twists it sharply and keeps altering from there on out. The cast gets huge and there are a lot of players and rolls. I"m early, much of that is what I've heard but I can easily see it happening. Lots of good forces (some who hate each other) and evil forces (who I'm learning also don't think much of each other - which is AWESOME! I hate the evil power who has everyone lock step. So overdone.). I'm quite impressed so far and so much left to read.

The general plot is the combat the powerful evil lord who wants to rule all but is locked away and the rise of heroes to meet that force. There is magic, fighting, monsters, politics (some) and good humour. Your local library should have them or at least be able to find them. Worth it.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
I see. At least tell me what the genre - books are about.
It's a fantasy series. Basic premise of the entire story is 3000 years ago there was a powerful man nicknamed the Dragon. He led 100 of the strongest male channelers, men and women that could use special abilities, against an evil entity called The Dark One. As a result of that attack, the power that the men could harness was tainted and very bad things happened to those that could use that power. After this backlash, the Dragon killed his entire family in a fit of insanity, then killed himself.

The story takes place 3000 years later, the Dark One is trying to destroy the world and the Dragon is reincarnated to fight him. The books are all of the steps and adventures taken by the Dragon Reborn and his comrades leading up to the ultimate battle against the Dark One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Thanks. And yeah, that scene was great - a little surprising, but really fun. I'm impressed with the direction Mat and Perrin are going. Not at all what I expected.
Just wait...there's a LOT more involved with Perrin and Mat. Mat especially takes a hell of a twist around book 7ish. Perrin just kinda falls into his future role, Mat avoids it like the plague but ultimately fails.

Last edited by kael03; 10-06-2010 at 08:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-06-2010), Sensei-Q (03-03-2011)