Bullying leads teens to suicide in an Ohio school - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 10-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #16
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bullying leads teens to suicide in an Ohio school

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Man up is the only way you could stop bullying. It doesnt matter if you lose or not, the matter is you stand up to them. Bully will bully kids who wont stand up to themselves.
Exactly. If people are going to be attacked every time they make fun of you, they'll eventually realize it's not worth it and bully someone who isn't going to man up. That's how bullies work.

Especially with the chicks. It's not the mammoth fat chicks that are going around making fun of other chicks. It is the chicks that try to look hot. So if someone they're making fun of punches them in the head every time they give people shit, then they're gonna stop. Because it's hard to look hot when you have people punching you in the head and ripping your hair out and shit all the time. Chicks would back down extremely quick.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kluang (10-09-2010), Mal (10-10-2010), ninjalostboy95 (10-09-2010), SilverbladeVI (10-11-2010)

Old 10-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #17
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Exactly. If people are going to be attacked every time they make fun of you, they'll eventually realize it's not worth it and bully someone who isn't going to man up. That's how bullies work.

Especially with the chicks. It's not the mammoth fat chicks that are going around making fun of other chicks. It is the chicks that try to look hot. So if someone they're making fun of punches them in the head every time they give people shit, then they're stop. Because it's hard to look hot when you have people punching you in the head and ripping your hair out and shit all the time. Chicks would back down extremely quick.
You dont have to learn martial arts to stand up. Hell if you learn it and still be a pansy, you still get bullied and all that lesson means nothing.

Seriously chicks knows how to bully. I've feel it first hand when I was in 8th grade. Three chicks decide they have the edge to bully boys on my school, and when the boys fought back, they got punished because of sexual harrassment and one them is me. Several chick surrounds me asking for my lunch money. Since they are chicks, I decide to to laugh it off and I dont take them seriously, but one of them push me, so I push her back. She screams, they report to the teacher, I got suspended for a week for sexual harassment. His boyfriend tell the school he want to punch me, but since most of the students there learn silat from the same master as me, I got lots of back up. Then the chicks did something stupid, messing with the school badass. He's not a bully, but he's well known badass with large scar on his back. The chicks mess with him, he just slap them all. He then give one punch at the gut to one of the chick boyfriend, and he vomits on the floor. Then he got suspended for a month. And the chick bullying stops.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-10-2010), Miburo (10-09-2010), ninjalostboy95 (10-09-2010), SilverbladeVI (10-11-2010)
Old 10-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
How exactly did she fight back? Maybe I missed it. I guarantee you that if she actually fought back they would have stopped and moved on to someone weaker to pick on. Or stopped picking on people altogether, since that shit is getting them fucked up.
The article included some info from her friend, it says she did stand up for herself but eventually gave up since it didn't work. As for fighting them, not really an option since they were many she was 1, these people basically hounded her.

Quote:
The school doesn't handle death threats over the phone. Police should have been called, and there isn't any indication that they were. So people can't be punished if you don't do something about it.
The parents went to the school for help, the article said the school staff told them they would look after her. Apparently they didn't since nothing changed, they should have acted to end the problem.

Quote:
One, where did they "tell kids to endure?"
I was generalizing due to the zero tolerance policy in regards to fighting. The article gives what happened to Juratovac as an example. The school was ineffective in dealing with the problem, and when the students take it into their own hands and fight back they get punished.

It stops a lot of people from doing something about the problem.

Last edited by Dagoro; 10-09-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #19
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I was generalizing due to the zero tolerance policy in regards to fighting. The article gives what happened to Juratovac as an example. The school was ineffective in dealing with the problem, and when the students take it into their own hands and fight back they get punished.

It stops a lot of people from doing something about the problem
And you think this policy thats stop the kids? These are pre-teen, teen. They have less regards to law and policy and sometimes dont give a fuck about it.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-10-2010), Miburo (10-09-2010), SilverbladeVI (10-11-2010)
Old 10-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
And you think this policy thats stop the kids? These are pre-teen, teen. They have less regards to law and policy and sometimes dont give a fuck about it.
It stops many of the people being harassed. They're already afraid of the people that put them through this all the time, and the thought of getting punished if they try to do something adds to that fear and stops them from acting against the Bullies.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #21
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
The article included some info from her friend, it says she did stand up for herself but eventually gave up since it didn't work. As for fighting them, not really an option since they were many she was 1, these people basically hounded her.
Yeah, I read that. If she didn't fight, then she didn't try hard enough. Who cares if there is more than one? I doubt those chicks are always together. And even if they are, you can just go after one and shit will get broken up pretty quick at a school anyway. The chicks that would make fun of other chicks aren't going to be elite ass kickers or massive warthog women. They're prissy little princesses. A couple hits to the face will be all it takes to make them think twice about being bitches.
Quote:
The parents went to the school for help, the article said the school staff told them they would look after her. Apparently they didn't since nothing changed, they should have acted to end the problem.
Like what? Tell the entire school that if you make fun of this chick then you're going to get punished? Make a rule against making fun of people? I don't know what kind of kids are going to stop making fun of someone if they had their parents come in and complain because chicks were making fun of her. Or if a kid went up and told on people for picking on them.

Hell, I never made fun of anyone for stupid shit in school, and would stick up for people who were being picked on. But if I saw someone go up and tattle on someone else for calling them names then I'd probably make fun of him. Because that's pussy shit. Stand up for yourself, you little sissies. You're not going to have someone to run to whenever someone says something mean to you all your life, for fuck's sake. Man up.
Quote:

It stops a lot of people from doing something about the problem.
Like I said, if you won't stick up for yourself because you're afraid of a stupid slap on the wrist then you deserve to be picked on. And if your parents get mad at you for sticking up for yourself, then you have horrible parents.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
SilverbladeVI (10-11-2010)
Old 10-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
Yeah, I read that. If she didn't fight, then she didn't try hard enough. Who cares if there is more than one? I doubt those chicks are always together. And even if they are, you can just go after one and shit will get broken up pretty quick at a school anyway. The chicks that would make fun of other chicks aren't going to be elite ass kickers or massive warthog women. They're prissy little princesses. A couple hits to the face will be all it takes to make them think twice about being bitches.
There were guys involved too.

Also its highly probable that had she taken action they would retaliate, and as it is made clear in the article she was 1 they were a group.

Quote:
Like what? Tell the entire school that if you make fun of this chick then you're going to get punished? Make a rule against making fun of people? I don't know what kind of kids are going to stop making fun of someone if they had their parents come in and complain because chicks were making fun of her. Or if a kid went up and told on people for picking on them.
There was physical assault involved as well. Like someone mentioned in the 1st page, it is up to the school to provide a comfortable and safe learning environment. The moment the parents went to the staff with complaints stern action should have taken place, call the bullies in suspend the ones who touched her and made the others aware that such behavior won't be tolerated.

That is the stance the school should have taken, but instead they told the parents they would " look after her ". Nothing but empty words.

The statement made me face palm even harder.

" Out of 3000 some will be bad "...So the people who are not bad have to just put up with it ? That is very irresponsible.

Quote:
Like I said, if you won't stick up for yourself because you're afraid of a stupid slap on the wrist then you deserve to be picked on. And if your parents get mad at you for sticking up for yourself, then you have horrible parents.
Getting suspended might seem like nothing to some, but to others it matters. You lose material which later you need to catch up. There might be events etc, that the person wants to take part in and a suspension will prevent them from doing so.

Reasons aside, there is also the fact that some people are not the confrontational type. She, at least going by the article seemed like a good kid, not the type to stalk and ambush people in order to get even.

Last edited by Dagoro; 10-09-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #23
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,708 Times in 2,858 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
The moment they even laid a finger on her, they are labelled auto-pussy. They would most likely run too if she hit one of them.

Quote:
Also its highly probable that had she taken action they would retaliate, and as it is made clear in the article she was 1 they were a group.
It doesn't matter if they are in a group, if she beats one of them badly, they would run.

Quote:
There was physical assault involved as well. Like someone mentioned in the 1st page, it is up to the school to provide a comfortable and safe learning environment.
How exactly? They can't protect everybody.

Quote:
The moment the parents went to the staff with complaints stern action should have taken place, call the bullies in suspend the one who touched her and made the others aware that such behavior won't be tolerated.
You honestly think that would stop it? Bullies could care less if they got suspended, they won't stop until that person stands up for themself.

Quote:
That is the stance the school should have taken, but instead they told the parents they would " look after here ". Nothing but empty words.
You can't expect the school to handle it, they're not reliable.

Quote:

" Out of 3000 some will be bad "...So the people who are not bad have to just put up with it ? That is very irresponsible.
You can't magically point out the bad from the good until they act. The people that are not bad have to stand up to the "Bad" people if they ever engage in violence.

Quote:
Getting suspended might seem like nothing to some, but to others it matters. You lose material which later you need to catch up. There might be events etc, that the person wants to take part in and a suspension will prevent them from doing so.
What if the Bully could care less about failing and participating in events? What happens then? They'll just keep bullying them.

Quote:
Reasons aside, there is also the fact that some people are not the confrontational type. She, at least going by the article seemed like a good kid, not the type to stalk and ambush people in order to get even.
She does not need to ambush but actually fight against them Herself
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #24
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
It doesn't matter if they are in a group, if she beats one of them badly, they would run.
If she fought one of them while the person was alone she would most likely have gotten jump in retaliation. It was a group of people harassing her, most bullies walk in packs which is why people usually won't fight back.

Quote:
How exactly? They can't protect everybody.
While the students are on campus its the school's job to look after their safety. Why do you think there are so many drills ? The staff should have taken actions to stop this and after taken steps to make it less likely to happen.

Quote:
You honestly think that would stop it? Bullies could care less if they got suspended, they won't stop until that person stands up for themself.
The suspension is a part of the solution not the exact answer for the problem. If after the suspension the harassing continues than things like counseling/expulsion need to be considered and if there are enough reasons applied.
Quote:
You can't expect the school to handle it, they're not reliable.
Lol, which means that they were in the wrong and have responsibility in the outcome of this too.

Quote:
You can't magically point out the bad from the good until they act. The people that are not bad have to stand up to the "Bad" people if they ever engage in violence.
I was simply pointing out the shitty statement from a student from that school. No, you can't magically point out who is bad. However if you don't take steps to deal with the bads when they reveal themselves then the school is not doing its job.

Quote:
What if the Bully could care less about failing and participating in events? What happens then? They'll just keep bullying them.
I wasn't talking about the bullies, i was referring to the people who end up fighting them only to be punished for simple self defense. Some students, the ones who give a damn which are usually the ones getting picked on don't find it worth it if it will cost them academically.

Quote:
She does not need to ambush but actually fight against them Herself
Dude, she was a normal kid not a street fighter. Most people won't fight when there are many on 1.

Last edited by Dagoro; 10-09-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #25
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:

It was obviously mostly the girls. And that's an easy fix, don't try to fight the dudes. Fight the chicks. And yeah, they might try to retaliate. Then keep fighting back. Trust me, odds are these chick's parents and shit are going to get pretty pissed if their kid suddenly starts getting suspended for fighting all the time, and it's one girl vs. a bunch each time as well. It doesn't take all their parents to get upset either. Just one or two. They're going to realize quick that picking on this chick isn't worth all the trouble mighty fast. Bullies pick on pussies for a reason, after all. They don't go up to people that will fight back and give them shit.

Yeah, fighting back might mean you're going to take your lumps. But they WILL stop. And you're in the right. You just have to suck it up and do what has to be done.

Quote:
There was physical assault involved as well. Like someone mentioned in the 1st page, it is up to the school to provide a comfortable and safe learning environment. The moment the parents went to the staff with complaints stern action should have taken place, call the bullies in suspend the ones who touched her and made the others aware that such behavior won't be tolerated.
Then call the police. Assault is a crime. Doesn't matter where it happens. Call the fucking police if it's that big of a fucking deal.
Quote:
That is the stance the school should have taken, but instead they told the parents they would " look after her ". Nothing but empty words.
Again, they can only do so much without being fascist overlords about shit. If someone went and told on me for making fun of them at a school where name calling isn't allowed, then I'd just deny it. My word against his. And if I'm the cool kid and they're some wussy pansy then I bet I can scrounge up plenty more "witnesses" to me not saying shit than he can that will back him. What is the school suppose to do? They can't punish me unless a teacher or some shit hears it, and what kind of dumbfuck is going to be making fun of people right in front of the teachers?

And then I'm just going to call the kid a little pansy for crying about being called a name, and do the whole thing again.
Quote:

Yeah, just suck it up. Guess what? Reality is, not everyone is nice. Some people are douchebags. Making fun of people isn't against the law. People can make fun of you all they want off school grounds. You're going to have to deal with it sooner or later.

Quote:

Know what else makes you miss out on material and events, etc.? Killing yourself. I'd rather just man up and take a few suspensions.

And I'm not the type that enjoys my job. But I still suck it up and do it, because it needs to be done. Some people deserve a good punch to the head. So sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do it. Or hang yourself because people won't solve your problems for you. Whatever.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-10-2010), ninjalostboy95 (10-10-2010), SilverbladeVI (10-11-2010)
Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #26
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Naturally, if children kill themselves, it is always a bad thing. And I don't agree with a policy of ignoring such things.

But if you are the one being bullied, you should have the wits to see that the school is not gonna do something to help you. So you have to help yourself. I don't excatly know how in the different cases, but for example record the insults for proof. And with that you can justify your actions, if you fight back.

Or, just punch them in the face. Seriously, when being in "high school" I wasn't one of those popular groups. But no one would mess with me because it was known i practice martial arts and am not afraid of a fight.

Doing nothing to help yourself, is just stupid. Most standard bullies just want to test you for your assertiveness. And if you see you have a low self-esteem, they make fun of you. That is really the easiest rule for dealing with bullies, or being a bully.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (10-10-2010)
Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #27
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,675 Times in 677 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by miburo View Post
how exactly did she fight back? Maybe i missed it. I guarantee you that if she actually fought back they would have stopped and moved on to someone weaker to pick on. Or stopped picking on people altogether, since that shit is getting them fucked up.

And no. No matter how much someone harassed me, i'd never consider killing myself over it. It isn't some inevitable outcome like you're making it out to be.

The school doesn't handle death threats over the phone. Police should have been called, and there isn't any indication that they were. So people can't be punished if you don't do something about it.

And name calling, especially shit like "slut-jana-vagina" isn't something people should be punished for. I mean, really? If i heard someone try using that as an insult i'd make fun of them, or throw food at them. I guess throwing food should get them a detention or something. Those things really aren't serious offenses.

One, where did they "tell kids to endure?" and two, who cares if you get slapped on the wrist with a stupid school infraction? I'd fuck anyone up who tried giving me shit, irregardless of whatever meaningless consequences i'd have with the school afterward.

And before people go "oh miburo, you're so awesome and loved by all, so you wouldn't understand what it's like being bullied like us lowly, weak narutards. = (" not true. When i was a wee lad i got picked on because i was quiet and too fucking blond. I didn't fight back at first, because i didn't want to get in trouble. Then my dad was like "man up, kick their asses" after i came home after a couple of them attacked me when i told them to leave me alone. (they'd get me as i was walking home from school) so the next day i did just that, shoved the one in one of those thorn bushes and tackled and punched the other one until he was a bloody mess. Then ripped the one stuck in the thorn bushes out and did the same to him. Never got picked on again until i moved. Some tough guy football player gave me shit my first day in my new school, and i beat the fuck out of him mercilessly and got suspended. Never got picked on again, and made a shit ton of friends because apparently everyone hated that kid.

<333333333333333333333333333
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-10-2010), SilverbladeVI (10-11-2010)
Old 10-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #28
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice

You can never be too blond. I have a soft spot for gingers and blonds. .___.

Seriously. I jizz in my pants over blonds. dirty, strawberry, platinum. Shit doesn't matter. Blonds are Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn <333333333333333333333333333333333333333 3333333333

Also, I think we've established that fighting back is all that you can do [except for killing yourself/leaving, of course].

And seriously? Most chicks don't know how to fight. You don't even have to be bigger/stronger all the time [if at all] with most broads. Most of them make the mistake of resorting to that faggy hair pulling/scratching shit.

The only time I pull a bitches hair is to bounce her face off something [preferably the floor]. If chicks made an effort to wreck someone's shit, they'd back off. Especially if they're concerned about their looks [which I assume they are, especially since they were laughing cause how one "looked" while she was dead].

I myself have only ever bullied someone intentionally once. He was kind of a raging dick. He was one of those fags that used his size to intimidate people and talked all kinds of shit [especially when they weren't around]. I happened to hear some of it one day, so I made it a point to treat him like the shit-stain he was.

He stopped.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
kluang (10-11-2010), Miburo (10-11-2010), SilverbladeVI (10-11-2010)
Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #29
kluang
One Punch Man

Thats awesome. But I think they didnt fight back is because of the mentality, I need to learn martial arts to fight back, because I'm weak without them. You dont need one. Its an advantage but no really needed. If you wanna change something in your life, you have to start it by yourself, dont expect other people to stick up to you. Not every school have guys like Mibs or Vanity, sometimes they are full of faggatory or posers, sometimes giving them a black and blue to their eyes is the only languange they understand.

The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-11-2010)
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #30
Sensei-Q
✪✪✪✪✪

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,726 Posts
Sensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura about

If the bully doesn't know shit about martial arts, why the hell would you learn it. Everyone has the skill to fuck someone up. If you still can't cause you're naturally fail, you might want to start learning Jeet Kune do.