Bullying leads teens to suicide in an Ohio school - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #61
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Bullying leads teens to suicide in an Ohio school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
First off, agree fully with your A and B. I also see the merits in your C here. If it's painfully obvious that you have no chance at all at causing any sort of damage, and will likely end up being seriously injured, then super awesome manly violence isn't really the answer in that specific situation. Mostly because you're not good at it though. Not because violence sucks, of course. ; )
I never said violence sucks - just that it isn't always the answer. I mean, truly, if I had really wanted violence, I'm certain I could have found someone bigger than them, given enough incentive to clobber them for me and that would have been fine. Thing was, A) I figured I'd survive it if I just stayed out of their way and B) liked what little money I had and wasn't just going to give it away.

I never understood chick fighting however do remember a few girls who would pound at first sight and I sure wouldn't have crossed them. Come to think of it, my wife knocked a few people out in her day. Mostly boys, but still. Broke a kids nose once.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-13-2010), Marlboro (10-15-2010), Miburo (10-12-2010), ninjalostboy95 (10-12-2010)

Old 10-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #62
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

But...violence is always the answer. There are just other answers that are also acceptable, every now and then. Also, like now, I was joking around with that last part. I completely understand someone choosing another viable, non ending yourself, option other than definitely getting his face broken out of principle.

Oh, and your wife sounds awesome.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-12-2010), Mal (10-13-2010), ninjalostboy95 (10-12-2010)
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #63
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

@ Miburo - OK. I'm caught up to you now.

And yes, she is. Thank you.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-12-2010)