Fandom Banner Contest - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Announcements

Announcements News & updates regarding the forum will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #76
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fandom Banner Contest

CONFIRMED!!.
In your font layer, select all and lay a stroke around the words. (Any color you want)
That way your fonts will have a "border" and won't look as boring.
And download fonts here.

ACT: I totally agree. You guys are doing one manga at a time, spread the mangas out. Thats why we spent a whole fucking page (100p) in the narutard chat thread listing manga/anime characters.

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
Marlboro (11-14-2010), Miburo (11-14-2010), ninjalostboy95 (11-14-2010), Sensei-Q (11-14-2010)

Old 11-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #77
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

[/URL]"]

Simplicity.

And since I dont have Photoshop, I cant mix characters together. I've try with some free image software and it didnt turn out as I want. So I go with the next best thing

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 11-14-2010 at 01:37 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
01purple (11-19-2010), ACt (11-14-2010), ask me anything (11-14-2010), Gakure (11-15-2010), Mal (11-14-2010), Marlboro (11-14-2010), Miburo (11-14-2010), Sensei-Q (11-14-2010), Uchiha09 (11-21-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #78
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
[/URL]"]

Simplicity.

And since I dont have Photoshop, I cant mix characters together. I've try with some free image software and it didnt turn out as I want. So I go with the next best thing
That was smart of you.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Old 11-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #79
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,595 Times in 4,838 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I mean people use characters from one story only rather than represent multiple forms of great manga stories both past and present. A One Piece banner or a Darker Than Black banner might be very cool, but the mango and animu fans here have far more diverse tastes and read/watch multiple forms. I think we should go for a banner that represents that to try and force others to expand beyond Naruto and Bleach.

Also, just for fun, someone do a kick ass Akira one for me. That's still one of my favourite Anime movies and mangas ever. If it's good, I'll at least sig it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kluang (11-14-2010), Mal (11-14-2010), Miburo (11-14-2010), Sensei-Q (11-14-2010), Spiegel (11-14-2010), Tabris (11-14-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #80
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthquake9793 View Post
we found a winner. give the man his fucking prize
I really hope you're joking.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #81
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
I mean people use characters from one story only rather than represent multiple forms of great manga stories both past and present. A One Piece banner or a Darker Than Black banner might be very cool, but the mango and animu fans here have far more diverse tastes and read/watch multiple forms. I think we should go for a banner that represents that to try and force others to expand beyond Naruto and Bleach.

Also, just for fun, someone do a kick ass Akira one for me. That's still one of my favourite Anime movies and mangas ever. If it's good, I'll at least sig it.
I see what you mean. I'll see if I can conjure up something more diverse.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-14-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #82
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I need suggestions for a character that will replace Black Star, for he is there only to fill space. I will not accept a character from any of the following:

Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann*, Berserk*, Fullmetal Alchemist*.

*Because I've already got people characters from there.

And it seems Photobucket shrunk down my banner. Fuck.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #83
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Bright Noa, DO IT <3
Old 11-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #84
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 11-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #85
Sensei-Q
✪✪✪✪✪

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,726 Posts
Sensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura about

@KNN-Thanks for the link to that page.

@"Variety": If new people want to read the stuff they see in a banner, it's gotta be accessible on this forum. The Anime&Manga section is kind of filled with stories and requests. The stuff seen in the banner should be added as main, like Bleach and Naruto.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #86
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-Q View Post
@"Variety": If new people want to read the stuff they see in a banner, it's gotta be accessible on this forum. The Anime&Manga section is kind of filled with stories and requests.
Yes, because new people don't know how to use google...

Quote:
The stuff seen in the banner should be added as main, like Bleach and Naruto.
If Naruto and Bleach stop sucking, maybe...

Also, if Bright Noa is included, it must be his bitchslap to Amuro.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-14-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #87
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,817 Times in 3,843 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think Jaxon should not participate. The goal is to have a cool banner, but it's still a competition. In other words, we want a chance of winning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONFIRMED!! View Post
If Jaxon's in, we won't win.
Quit yer bitchin, ladies.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-14-2010), Miburo (11-14-2010), ninjalostboy95 (11-14-2010), Playa (11-15-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #88
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Quote:
@"Variety": If new people want to read the stuff they see in a banner, it's gotta be accessible on this forum. The Anime&Manga section is kind of filled with stories and requests. The stuff seen in the banner should be added as main, like Bleach and Naruto.
Fuuuck that.

Photobucket's still fucking the size up, but I think the inclusion of a Gundam is nice.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #89
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post

Kanedaaaaaaaaaa

Tetsuoooooooooo

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-14-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #90
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

Good choice on the replacement, LN
i was gonna suggest throwing in a girl, like form tenjho tenge or something, but a gundam is a classic, classic choice
The Following User Says Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-15-2010)
Closed Thread