Cooking Time - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #46
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road
Re: Cooking Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Rojak

One of the best food in Malaysia and Singapore. And one of the highest in cholestrol. Depend on the ingredient. There are many variantion of it but I like Rojak Singapore with peanut sauce.

To make the peanut sauce

Kuah Kacang (Peanut Sauce)

( for 10 persons)

1 kg peanuts - dry roasted in a pan or wok, remove skin and ground to consistency like sand in the dry mill of your blender (you can have it chunkier if you like)

Ingredients to be blended together :-

* 3 stalks lemon grass, use bottom 1-inch only

* 1 inch ginger

* 1 inch galangal or lengkuas (if don’t have this, replace with ginger)

* 1 inch fresh turmeric or 1 tbsp turmeric powder

* 4 – 5 tbsps of brown sugar (I like my sauce sweet, but you can lessen the sugar)

* 4 – 5 tbsps palm sugar

* 15 dried chillies, soaked in hot water, remove from water (or use 6 tbsps chilli boh)

* 20 shallots or small onions (or 4 large onions) – more onions will impart more flavour

* 6 cloves garlic

* 1 inch piece belacan or shrimp paste (optional)

Additional ingredients :-

* Milk from 2 coconuts or 2 cans/boxes of coconut milk plus enough water to reach your preferred consistency

* 5 tbsps of asam jawa or tamarind paste, mix with 2 cups water, throw away the seeds (if don’t have this, then use juice of 1 lemon)

* salt to taste

* 3 tbsps of cooking oil

Method :-

1) Put all blended ingredients into a heated wok or pan. Stir until the liquid has dried up a bit.

2) Add in the cooking oil, and keep stirring the ingredients to fry then until fragrant and aromatic….about 5 minutes.

3) Add in the coconut milk and tamarind water or lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

4) Add in the ground peanuts and simmer until there is oil coming to the surface. The longer the time, the more oil is produced.

5) Check for consistency – the sauce should not be too watery or runny but should be thick so that you can dip your rojak ingridient into it and the sauce is thick enough to stick on. If too watery, then simmer a bit longer. If too thick, then add a little bit of water.

6) Add about 1 tbsp of salt and the sugar to taste. I like mine a bit sweeter. Remove from heat and serve it hot or cold.

Now for the rojak ingridient.

Depend on you.

We use

fried dough fritters
bean curds
boiled potatoes
prawn fritters
hard boiled eggs
bean sprouts
cuttlefish
cucumber
pineapple
benkoang
bean sprouts
taupok (puffy, deep-fried tofu)
youtiao (cut-up Chinese-style fritters)
tempe
hotdogs
krupuk

and many more

We put everything in it and mix it together. Thats why the cholestrol lvl depend on whats in it.
I like this for two reasons:
1. The food looks delicious as hell. Especially them chicken breasts.drool drool
2. The Asian girl in the first pic

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues

Last edited by Marlboro; 11-23-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marlboro For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (11-23-2010), itachikillsnaruto (12-15-2010), kluang (11-23-2010)

Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #47
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
I make that all the time (with pastrami instead of bacon)<3

Just remember guys,don't wipe the egg as if you're making an omelet..just play around it with the folk 'til the yolk explodes then you're good to go.

Edit: i'd personally remove the carrots from there since carrots makes shit taste like honey when cooked IMO.
pastrami =/= bacon

i like carrots.

carrots dont make stuff taste like honey wtf kinda taste buds u got <.<
Old 11-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #48
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,707 Times in 3,839 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
pastrami =/= bacon

i like carrots.

Probably similar taste buds that make coffee taste like ice cream >_>
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-23-2010), Mal (11-23-2010), Miburo (11-23-2010), Servo (12-05-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #49
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

@klaung~ question..After i cook the blended stuff lets say i want to make a chicken rojak,should i dip the chicken in the that sauce thing we cooked then deep fry it like a chicken pane?

It looks delicious actually,i like fried stuff. and cholesterol care is for pussies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONFIRMED!! View Post
I don't know what tahina salad is, but it sounds good.

Also, I visited Dubai about 2 months ago, and they had this type of food they called Molekhia.(I think that's what it was) It was probably one of the best foods that I have ever tasted..ever!! It's on my top 10 list.
[/CENTER]

...[/QUOTE]

Tahina salad is some sort of sauce that is made out of tahini with no vegetables included yet still called a salad. is good.

It's pronounced "Mulukhiyah" and yes it is delicious,you can eat it with white rice or bread..some people cook it with bunnies inside it but we never did that in my family.

Quote:
pastrami =/= bacon

i like carrots.

Alright gtfo my kitchen >=(
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Marlboro (11-23-2010), Miburo (11-23-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #50
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

^ You don't deserve to be in your own kitchen till your taste buds can tell the difference between a carrot and honey.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-23-2010), Mal (11-23-2010), Miburo (11-23-2010), OG (11-23-2010), TheBaron (09-25-2012)
Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #51
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Okaaaay..I didn't mean literally honey,When we want to say that something have a sweet taste where it's not supposed to have that taste we say (that taste honeyed). and saying "tastes sweet" also have the meaning of tasting good so i rolled with honey hoping that people are gonna get what i meant.

shit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-23-2010), TheBaron (09-25-2012)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #52
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
[/CENTER]
Tahina salad is some sort of sauce that is made out of tahini with no vegetables included yet still called a salad. is good.

It's pronounced "Mulukhiyah" and yes it is delicious,you can eat it with white rice or bread..some people cook it with bunnies inside it but we never did that in my family.
Yeah, that was the one. Thanx for the clear up dude.

Also, I've never tried eating it with bunnies. I used to eat them with cow's meat. But I might try it sometime soon. I can't find it over here though.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues

Last edited by Marlboro; 11-24-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marlboro For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-23-2010), Human Rasengan (11-23-2010), itachikillsnaruto (12-15-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #53
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Alright gtfo my kitchen >=(
are you a woman?
//lolololsexist
Old 11-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #54
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Good God HR I told you stop. When I told you to stop you stop.

And now you done it. Making fun of other people mother is low, even for Bierber fan standard.

If you mess with the bull you get the horns. You leave us alone and we sure as hell stay out of your business.
Ok I'll leave him alone .. since you asked so nicely .. I just don't take kindly to pricks making assumptions about me and talking trash all the damn time but hey if left unprovoked I'll be as cool as a cucumber..I'm never the aggressor on here if one were only to take notice they would realize this.

But as for the thread

Quick Corner chicken Alfredo

5 leg quarters skinned and boiled
1 box rotini pasta
2 jars Alfredo sauce
1 jar pesto sauce
1 can of mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
Parmesan cheeze
Mozzarella cheeze

Boil the chicken and set aside to cool. Once cool remove all the meat from the bones and take 2 forks to shred the remaining meat. Place chicken in skillet season with salt pepper onion and garlic powder and plenty of pesto sauce. Drain the diced tomatoes and mushrooms and add to the chicken mixture.. Once you smell the spices cooked into the chicken add the Alfredo sauce reduce heat and simmer

Pour chicken sauce over cooked aldente' pasta.. coat in cheeses and serve immediately goes great with garlic or mozzarella cheese bread.
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Human Rasengan For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-23-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #55
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Quote:
are you a woman?
//lolololsexist
I was pulling a Ramsay,silly. =p

@HR~ Post some pics and spare people the trouble of googling.

@sensi-Q~ Don't know why you assume that this stuff is traditional among Muslims,i've never seen this Chicken Pastilla before..

looks like a Kish to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-23-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #56
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I was pulling a Ramsay,silly. =p

@HR~ Post some pics and spare people the trouble of googling.

@sensi-Q~ Don't know why you assume that this stuff is traditional among Muslims,i've never seen this Chicken Pastilla before..

looks like a Kish to me.
Oh I didn't know we had to post pics .. I'll include some with a few of the others .. but not sure why you would need to Google anything other than the rotini pasta but when you make it at home you may use whatever pasta you want and I am sure with the simplicity of the dishes I've posted and will will post any local grocery store should have all the necessary ingredients
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #57
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

NOW I am gonna post a good 5-meal dish. I hope you enjoy it

Appetizer; Butter Steamed Halibut with Lobster Chili Mayonnaise, Beetroot in Glace and Squash Tower

Shopping List, 4 servings:
400 G-Halibut fillets
200 G Lobster Tails
1 red chili
little oil
100 G Beets
1 zucchini
200 G of butter
Red wine
50 G butter

Take a large pot and pour a butter and let it melt - add a little water
and place a shallow dish upside down on the bottom. Put Greenland halibut then and put a lid
on top - let the vapors so complete - takes approx. 10-15 min. MAX! - Remember to watch!

Blend the chili with a little oil until it gets marinade and pour over lobster tails
let them stand in refrigerator overnight. If in itself will make mayonnaise, I believe that
it consists of 5 egg yolks, beaten whites, gently whisk which one half liter of oil.
Cut the beetroots into the shape you now want them, place them in an ovenproof dish and bake
tender in the oven. In a pan, you reduce approx. 2 DL Clark, and just before you pour your
glace over the baked beetroot, you 50 G butter and let it melt together with.

Take your squash and cut the ends off. Then you cut it into 2 equal pieces, which
you then divide tilted. If you have a grill pan with ridges, then grill them with a
nice mark the places it has been cut, so do not take the green color
and bake in the oven.

Small, ekstra dish; Lemon sorbet with muscat-poached pears.

Shopping List, 4 servings:
½ Liter Lemon Sorbet - or make it yourself
1 lemon
2 pears

Cut your bulbs in very small pieces of 1X1 cm. and put them in a pot filled with muscat wine ..
Cut the lemon into 4 pieces and put it together with the pears and pockets them easily. Let them cool overnight.
Put rabarbarsorbeten in glass and place the apples on top and serve

Main Course; Pesto Grilled Veal Tenderloin on a bed of fresh mushrooms, new potatoes
And port wine sauce.

Shopping list, 4 servings:

1 Veal tenderloin, approx. 1 Kg.
Homemade or purchased pesto - take your pick
400 g mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and portobello mushrooms
400 G New Small Potatoes
1 fl. Red Port
½ L. Whipping cream
1 Liter Ox Bouillon / Fund.

Butter your veal tenderloin into pesto and roast until 3 X 15 min between each frying
there should be 10 min. where it is just lies and collector

Cut your mushrooms into small pieces and fry in a pan with butter, salt and pepper.

Reduce your port wine by half, add the fund and reduce again by half.
add cream and season to taste.

Small, extra dish; Orange Panna Cotta with Liquorice Sorbet and Jerusalem artichoke chips

4 oranges
½ Liter Cream
75 G Sugars
2 leaves of gelatine
1 vanilla stick
100 G Jerusalem artichokes
50 g sugar
little water.

Boil the cream, sugar, and vanillemarven together, then remove from heat, boil and add
the freshly squeezed orange juice and the softened gelatine - pour into shape and put on ice.
If they will not out of shape, you can put them in a bowl with boiling water for a moment.

Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and cut them into thin slices. Mix sugar and water together and
deep Jerusalem artichoke slices down - put them on a baking sheet with wax paper, then place
a cookie sheet on top of Jerusalem artichokes - behind those golden at 110 degrees in oven.

Dessert; caramelized strawberries flamed in vanilla vodka

400 G Halve strawberries
Vanilla Vodka
Caramel Sauce
Buttermilk, beaten and whipped cream

Mix Jorba with Caramel on pan, add vodka and flambé
Serve with whipped Buttermilk.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBaron For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-23-2010), Freshgrease (11-23-2010), Miburo (11-23-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #58
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
Ok I'll leave him alone .. since you asked so nicely .. I just don't take kindly to pricks making assumptions about me and talking trash all the damn time but hey if left unprovoked I'll be as cool as a cucumber..I'm never the aggressor on here if one were only to take notice they would realize this.
Dude, just shut up. It's pretty fucking bad when Kluang is telling you to stop being a douche. Kael said he didn't want to make fun of you anymore, and you go and say a bunch of stupid shit about cum in your mums bum or something. You kept it going when he wanted to stop. You were the aggressor. You were being a faggot, like always. No one even wants to make fun of you anymore, because you're just that pathetic. They're just doing it out of principle now, really. Go make some gay naruto threads in the naruto section, and quit fagging up this actual decent thread. No one gives a fuck about your BBQ noodles. Don't even reply to this. Just shut up.

As for Nero not using the right words, come on guiz. English obviously isn't his first language. He said he had to look up words just to post this thread. Cut him a break, yo. He's trying. Plus, those meat pie things he posted look pretty good and decently easy to make.

@Nero-What is pastrami in egypt land? It's just this meat stuff like this:

Right?
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-23-2010), Darth-Nero (11-23-2010), Jaxon (11-23-2010), kael03 (11-23-2010), Mal (11-23-2010), Servo (12-05-2010), TheBaron (11-23-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #59
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

Fave recipe I always make nowadays is a classic BLT.
Yes BLT, quite easy to make.

Crisp bread, with provellon (can't spell the shit) cheese, lettuce, tomatoes so juicy in a lushious nectar of tomatoe epicness, with a few slices of delicious well-cooked bacon, topped with maynoaise and toasted to such a perfection you couldn't beilve that its only a sandwhich.

Ah, I do say I love me some BLT's.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #60
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,596 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Actually, in Egypt, I think pastrami is this:

Of course, once they turn it into this:

It's damn tasty.

@ Sensei - maybe I'm getting too indoctrinated, but when I hear Muslim Festival of Sacrifice ... I don't think of phyllo. Well, lesson learned.

@ Kluang - just to clarify. When you say an "inch of -" what are you roughly thinking of? Like a square inch or what? Is this a standard measurement or just an estimation? (And I have no problem with estimation cooking - far more fun.)
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-23-2010), Marlboro (11-24-2010), Miburo (11-23-2010), TheBaron (11-23-2010)