Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
Axiom
[something clever]
 
Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 487
Thanked 824 Times in 305 Posts
Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

I have iron lungs like Kallark. It may be insufficient still, but one can hope.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #17
kluang
One Punch Man
 
kluang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,404
Thanks: 3,166
Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro
Everyone will twist this to defend w/e they believed was the cause.
If Obama is smart, he will use this incident, those crosshair and the tea party, use some apophenia to connect them and kill Palin's career.
__________________









To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.



Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.






kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #18
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,700
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,724 Times in 3,845 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

The masses don't follow any form of logic. To quote Tommy Lee Jones in Men In Black "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky animals and you know it." The majority of people will read what they want from this because they are poorly informed due to biased news. These same people will no think twice about anything else because they are just as biased as the news they listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
If Obama is smart, he will use this incident, those crosshair and the tea party, use some apophenia to connect them and kill Palin's career.
Unfortunately this path may kill his own career and any hopes for re-election. The people that want him out of office will see this tactic as "heartless" and "he approves of unnecessary violence to further his cause". Ironically these same people could be seen outside of their town halls when the healthcare reform was voted in, holding signs saying "Keep your government hands off my medicare!".

Last edited by kael03; 01-10-2011 at 09:59 PM.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (01-11-2011), Miburo (01-12-2011)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #19
Axiom
[something clever]
 
Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 487
Thanked 824 Times in 305 Posts
Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

I always like the quote myself as well. Unfortunately I'm forced to agree with it. People often seem to take the the very first opinion they hear on a subject as an undeniable truth. I was actually messing with my cousin a couple days ago about one of those conspiracy videos floating around the internet. He watched it, and immediately accepted everything it said. Making no attempt to learn the facts of his own accord, or verify its content and claims there of. A terrible thing for sure.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #20
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,205
Thanks: 9,038
Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

WTF?! Some of you people are making the most asinine claims. How exactly does Sarah Palin in any way have anything to do with this??? If you would do a little research before you talk you would know this guy has been planning to kill this congresswoman ever since 2007!!! That's before anybody (outside of alaska) even knew who Sarah Palin was. Come on people.

This guy is an extreme left wing, atheist, liberal.
Sarah Palin, is an extreme right wing, christian, conservative.
Their exact opposites of one another, yet they have (supposedly) similar enough views that she "inspired" him to do what he did. Fail logic is fail.
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #21
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

My theory is that this was organised by feminists. They always want equality and shit, so i guess they were pretty upset that there hasn't been any female political assassination in U.S. history. It's just not fair to women!
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard
 
LonelyNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fistopia
Age: 22
Posts: 401
Thanks: 112
Thanked 4,138 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
WTF?! Some of you people are making the most asinine claims. How exactly does Sarah Palin in any way have anything to do with this??? If you would do a little research before you talk you would know this guy has been planning to kill this congresswoman ever since 2007!!! That's before anybody (outside of alaska) even knew who Sarah Palin was. Come on people.
The extreme right wingers are constantly spouting out their violent, gun-filled rhetoric at the American people. For fuck's sake, Glenn Beck's website has a picture of him wielding a gun cycling through his home page. As for the guy plotting to shoot/kill Giffords, yeah, it's been a work in progress. A lot of people plot stupid shit like this all the time, especially if they're mentally unstable, but they don't all act on it for one reason or another.

But when a politician posts a list of other politicians (politicians whom the gunman had an issue with for voting for the healthcare bill, which the gunman also opposed, by the way) and marks them with motherfucking crosshairs it might push some people over the edge or rally them to action. Also, Palin said "don't retreat, just reload" to opponents of healthcare reform.

When I hear "reload" I think of a gun. When I see crosshairs I think gun. Put two and two together.

Quote:
This guy is an extreme left wing, atheist, liberal.
Sarah Palin, is an extreme right wing, christian, conservative.
Their exact opposites of one another, yet they have (supposedly) similar enough views that she "inspired" him to do what he did. Fail logic is fail.
They oppose healthcare reform and they bitch about abuse of government power. Drop the "supposedly." And before you say "HURR DURR THAT ISN'T ENOUGH" think about the Allies during World War II. Soviet Union was Communist. America, England, France, etc. were democratic. Polar opposites, yet they banned together over "Fascists bad." Also, the gunman was mentally unstable. You can't really expect the guy to rationally think about the similarities and differences between his beliefs and Palin's.

My point of bringing up Palin's list: it's fucking unacceptable to publish shit like that because people can, will, and have acted in response to such things. If you don't believe me, think about how many people have been persecuted and executed because they were labeled as enemies of the state. Palin's list is the same thing, except a lot more ignorant.
__________________

Last edited by LonelyNinja; 01-11-2011 at 09:21 PM.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-12-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #23
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,205
Thanks: 9,038
Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
The extreme right wingers are constantly spouting out their violent, gun-filled rhetoric at the American people. For fuck's sake, Glenn Beck's website has a picture of him wielding a gun cycling through his home page. As for the guy plotting to shoot/kill Giffords, yeah, it's been a work in progress. A lot of people plot stupid shit like this all the time, especially if they're mentally unstable, but they don't all act on it for one reason or another.

But when a politician posts a list of other politicians (politicians whom the gunman had an issue with for voting for the healthcare bill, which the gunman also opposed, by the way) and marks them with motherfucking crosshairs it might push some people over the edge or rally them to action. Also, Palin said "don't retreat, just reload" to opponents of healthcare reform.
Cool story bro, but your assuming way too much. Can you prove that this gunman ever saw Palins little poster? If he didn't then it never affected his judgment at all, and Palin has nothing to do with this.

Palins poster was designed to point out politicians that she and her party had personal disagreements with so that they could focus on them in a civil debate. She never said, "Let's go kill these guys", and any SANE person would understand that. Just because this guy was insane doesn't mean that she did anything wrong, and we should have to tip toe around and watch what we say so it doesn't offend someone or send them off the deep end. That's ridiculous thinking.

Example:

When I drive down the road, I assume the other people can actually drive properly and won't fucking run into me. We have police and highway patrols officers that efforce the traffic laws, and keep most reckless driving to a minimal. Even so I keep an eye on people and if I see someone that's not driving right, I should call the police and let them know. From what your saying if I see someone driving recklessly I should just get off the road entirely, and walk to avoid incidents. See how that doesn't work.

Same thing here. I go about my life assuming people aren't crazy as shit, and behave normally. If I see someone acting crazy, I'm gonna keep a close eye on that dude. This gunman took classes at a community college, and everyone there knew he was fucking nuts. They tried repeating to get him expelled from class to no avail. People even tried to report this guy as as insane to authorities and they did nothing. It's because of the states failure to act that this incident happened.



Quote:
When I hear "reload" I think of a gun. When I see crosshairs I think gun. Put two and two together.
I'm reminded of obama's famous quote. "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun".


Quote:
They oppose healthcare reform and they bitch about abuse of government power. Drop the "supposedly." And before you say "HURR DURR THAT ISN'T ENOUGH" think about the Allies during World War II. Soviet Union was Communist. America, England, France, etc. were democratic. Polar opposites, yet they banned together over "Fascists bad." Also, the gunman was mentally unstable. You can't really expect the guy to rationally think about the similarities and differences between his beliefs and Palin's.
You need to read up on your history. WWII had nothing to do with ideology and camaraderie WWII was a giant power struggle. Nothing more. The Soviet Union saw that it could expand into Eastern Europe. The U.S. was making a small fortune supplying the Allies (and the Axis) before they entered the war. Even before the war was over U.S. and England knew the Soviets were going to be the next major threat, but we chose to do nothing immediately, because we thought the Soviets would take longer to recover from the war due to the astounding number of causalities they endured. No one thought they would get nuclear weapons as soon as they did, and that stopped any thoughts of war against them.

Quote:
My point of bringing up Palin's list: it's fucking unacceptable to publish shit like that because people can, will, and have acted in response to such things. If you don't believe me, think about how many people have been persecuted and executed because they were labeled as enemies of the state. Palin's list is the same thing, except a lot more ignorant.
So if the list had checkmarks instead that would have been totally cool. <_<
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #24
kluang
One Punch Man
 
kluang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,404
Thanks: 3,166
Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Quote:
Palins poster was designed to point out politicians that she and her party had personal disagreements with so that they could focus on them in a civil debate.
Thats the problem. She makes politics personal. Politics is a dirty game, but when it get personal, it becomes a poisonous venom.

Quote:
She never said, "Let's go kill these guys", and any SANE person would understand that.
And any sane people who sees this

Quote:
Glenn Beck's website has a picture of him wielding a gun cycling through his home page
Quote:
marks them with motherfucking crosshairs
Quote:
Palin said "don't retreat, just reload" to opponents of healthcare reform.
would get the hint
__________________









To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.



Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.






kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (01-11-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #25
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard
 
LonelyNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fistopia
Age: 22
Posts: 401
Thanks: 112
Thanked 4,138 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Cool story bro, but your assuming way too much. Can you prove that this gunman ever saw Palins little poster? If he didn't then it never affected his judgment at all, and Palin has nothing to do with this.
And you're assuming he never saw the poster.

Quote:
Palins poster was designed to point out politicians that she and her party had personal disagreements with so that they could focus on them in a civil debate. She never said, "Let's go kill these guys", and any SANE person would understand that. Just because this guy was insane doesn't mean that she did anything wrong, and we should have to tip toe around and watch what we say so it doesn't offend someone or send them off the deep end. That's ridiculous thinking.
A civil debate? You're kidding, right? Nutjobs like Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, etc. are constantly spouting out nonsense about ousting out Democrats and political undesirables, even hinting (not subtly, mind you) at extreme methods.

Oh, for the love of God. Palin didn't say that, you're right. No one said she did. Putting up that list, however, is quite literally sending a message with violent overtones to the American people. American people are fucking stupid and sometimes take this shit seriously, sometimes literally.

You're wrong about people shouldn't have to watch what they say. Everyone should watch what they fucking say because it can have unintended consequences, especially politicians. They're supposed to be the leaders of this country. They're supposed to set a good example. So, when they say shit like, "This group of politicians is wrong. We need to get rid of them by any means necessary" people are going to look up to them and act by their own interpretations. Unfortunately, the politicians who preach reason are drowned out by the politicians who are so caught up in their own insanity.

Quote:
It's because of the states failure to act that this incident happened.
You're Goddamn right it is, but the State's actions and laws are determined by the people, so we're at fault for creating and not fixing a broken system.

Quote:
I'm reminded of obama's famous quote. "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun".
Thank you for further solidifying my statement about gun and violent rhetoric being spouted out by politicians. I did mention right-wingers, but it applies to all parties.

Quote:
You need to read up on your history. WWII had nothing to do with ideology and camaraderie WWII was a giant power struggle. Nothing more. The Soviet Union saw that it could expand into Eastern Europe. The U.S. was making a small fortune supplying the Allies (and the Axis) before they entered the war. Even before the war was over U.S. and England knew the Soviets were going to be the next major threat, but we chose to do nothing immediately, because we thought the Soviets would take longer to recover from the war due to the astounding number of causalities they endured. No one thought they would get nuclear weapons as soon as they did, and that stopped any thoughts of war against them.
Oh, for the love of...

You said that opposite ideologies can't work together, co-habitat, etc. to achieve the same goal. In this case Palin's conservative "Family Values" vs. the gunman's liberal Marxist nonsense. I countered by saying that opposites can work together for the same goal. Don't know why you're harping on about the ulterior motives of the Western Allies.

Also, you say that World War II was a power struggle. So is American politics. War and politics are eerily similar, except one is civil while the other isn't (which is which is a whole 'nother debate). As a power struggle the World War II analogy works, too. Gunman thought that American government was expanding in the wrong direction. So did Palin/Limbaugh/Beck/Etc. So, the latter group appeals to the American people to do the heavy-lifting through charged rhetoric and bullshit. There, we have our Soviet Union (Gunman, American people) and our Western Allies (the other guys).

Quote:
So if the list had checkmarks instead that would have been totally cool. <_<
Yes, it fucking would! A check mark does not carry the violent overtones of MOTHERFUCKING CROSSHAIRS! Goddamn, do I have to make a fucking list to explain this shit to you?
__________________
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-12-2011), kael03 (01-12-2011), Miburo (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #26
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

It's as my esteemed ridicuously asian comrade says. People of influence should choose their words and actions carefully. If they don't, then they obviously aren't great leaders and shouldn't be in positions of power or influence. That's the point. That is what is being said here. Palin and gang aren't intelligent, capable political figures.

No one is implying that she is necessarily responsible for what happened. Of course she isn't, just like I wouldn't be responsible if some dude on here decided to kick the shit out of someone because I advocate kicking the shit out of people. People are responsible for their own actions. The dude who shot people is responsible, obviously.

The point is more that she's extremely irresponsible. Jesus fuck.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #27
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,238
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

I think probably the second more despicable part of this whole mess, the first obviously being the disturbed shooter, is that the whole American machine quickly went forward with "But how does this involve Sarah Palin?" I really cannot understand the infatuation with the woman, either for or against. She is an empty talking head that says the most cookie cutter of things and who's only true skill is taking insanely complex issues in the political and world stage and boiling them down to a "us vs them" debate topic, which is a most insidious and dangerous method to practice politics.

You can easily take her response today. The use of "blood libel" aside (What goes on in speech writers heads?), it is a classic conservative retort to being attacked: The media are biased (except you, Fox News <3), God, things are fine and the way they've always been, old historic reference, 911, God, I love America, don't you? Freedom!!!!

And God.

She said next to nothing that you don't learn in school and THAT'S to be a political leader? Way to not deal with the issue. But then, that's what they all do - even Obama. Which is why it is so insane to focus on this little Alaskan Mom who really has shown no reason for me to believe she should be listened to in any way.

Which goes back to my point, the problem is systemic and no one is getting it right and this issue will be dead sooner than you think without change. "god" Bless America.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (01-12-2011), Miburo (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,700
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,724 Times in 3,845 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Palin is one of the main reasons I voted for Obama. After listening to her "artfully" dodge questions like "what do you read?" for weeks on end, I didn't want that bitch anywhere near the White House. Especially with McCain being about the same age as the dinosaurs. Personally, I think both major parties are shit. They can't agree with each other, even though their long-term goal is the same: the welfare of the nation.

Last edited by kael03; 01-12-2011 at 02:44 PM.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-12-2011), Numinous (01-12-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #29
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

I actually think politics is interesting, but I honestly don't keep up with politics much at all because all the politicians are just so fucking stupid. And the few that aren't can't do shit because of how shit works. Whole mess is just frustating and retarded, so I usually don't bother. I'm just waiting till the inevitable zombie apocalypse so I can rule my zombie haven the way shit should be run.

And yeah, I wouldn't bring up Palin or anyone when talking about how these poor people got shot by some faggot, personally. But I do see how this incident would incite a discussion about how horrible of a political figure she is. Which I think is what happened here.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #30
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Quote:
Palin is one of the main reasons I voted for Obama. After listening to her "artfully" dodge questions like "what do you read?" for weeks on end, I didn't want that bitch anywhere near the White House.
What? Couldn't she throw away "Hamlet", "Frankenstein" or "Where the Wild Things Are" to pretend she actually knows something about literature?

Quote:
specially with McCain being about the same age and the dinosaurs.
No! Trilobites were already calling him Grandpa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Personally, I think both major parties are shit. They can't agree with each other, even though their long-term goal is the same: the welfare of the nation.
That's not an exclusive to the US, I'm afraid. Even countries with 5 major political parties like mine are suffering from the constant (and useless) bickering. Politics nowadays are more geared towards undermining whoever is opposing to get a better a chance to be in power next election rather than presenting constructive criticisms and viable alternatives. And, to boot, the media aren't doing any good to the situation either (like Fox News, perhaps the guiltiest of them all).
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Create Your own Naruto Character or Jutsu mace58 Naruto Series 6 04-11-2012 07:16 AM
Naruto 512 Predictions / Spoilers SilverbladeVI Naruto Manga 733 10-06-2010 08:21 PM
US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies' goldengod World News 4 09-16-2010 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.