The New Balance of Power in One Piece - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #16
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: The New Balance of Power in One Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loh' View Post
Well I actually hope Garp stays in East Blue.

As for my thoughts on Dragon seeing his Dad... Seems outrageous now.
Luffy and Dragon is more likely than Dragon and Garp
I don't even think that Garp knows where Dragon is currently located. It would be more probable of Dragon to go look for Garp, of course sending his subordinates to locate Garp and set up a meeting spot. At the current moment we don't know the current standings/rankings of the Marines and what the All Stars of the World Government are up too in regards to Blackbeard, the Shichibukai and these new powers standings.

My guess is that the old men are probably putting up a strategy with the new Shichibukai group and for the capture of Teach. Another hypothesis is that they might be plotting something to get the remaining WB crew members to face off with Blackbeard. A more plausible guess is that the Marines are establishing a way to pin down the Supernovas before they get too strong.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #17
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
I don't even think that Garp knows where Dragon is currently located. It would be more probable of Dragon to go look for Garp, of course sending his subordinates to locate Garp and set up a meeting spot. At the current moment we don't know the current standings/rankings of the Marines and what the All Stars of the World Government are up too in regards to Blackbeard, the Shichibukai and these new powers standings.

My guess is that the old men are probably putting up a strategy with the new Shichibukai group and for the capture of Teach. Another hypothesis is that they might be plotting something to get the remaining WB crew members to face off with Blackbeard. A more plausible guess is that the Marines are establishing a way to pin down the Supernovas before they get too strong.
Only stumbled on this post, I know its a late response but another factor you might want to put it at the end is, the Marines will be trying to take the Straw Hats out, I mean they have been caught be surprise at there new found strength and abilities and we all know the higher ups for the Marines dont want stuff leaked out, I think they will try to keep the SH reappearance silenced until something too big is done ie this Arc possiblly Luffy destroying Fishman Island but we just need to wait and see.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #18
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
I think they will try to keep the SH reappearance silenced
The SHs resurfacing has already been made public.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/90932202/1

The whole world knows.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
The SHs resurfacing has already been made public.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/90932202/1

The whole world knows.
Well thanks that blows my earlier post way out :P I really need to start reading the cover pages much more carefully I usually kinda just go straight to the 1st page :P
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Old 02-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Covers are usually unimportant but at times Oda does use them to deliver details without getting in the way of plot progression. The wapool adventures are my favorites. The man goes from dethroned king to homeless, toy maker, small time toy shop owner, walmart like toy shop owner and finally ending in him having an empire of not only toys but wapolium ( his special metal that only he can make ).
Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #21
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Yeah, also remember when Sentoumaro delivered the message back to H.Q. after his run in with Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro back at Saboady that the SH pirates are alive. It was only a matter of time. Even before that where reunited I'm sure the Marines were prepared for another encounter from Luffy and co. after he escaped with Jimbei and Trafalgar from the war. They knew he wasn't dead and would came back in no time after he was seen ringing the Ox Royce bell with Reyleigh and Jimbei on Marineford.

I'm itching to know who the new Shichibukai's are.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #22
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post

I'm itching to know who the new Shichibukai's are.
Ditto on that bud, I remember way back during the long weeks waiting for the timeskip to come I posted something about Buggy becoming one, if you look at it, He appeared alot during the War and everyone saw him and is in charge of alot of 'high class criminals' as WB and Marco pointed out, so he would be suitable plus it brings us back Captain Buggy ! ( I hope I am not the only person on Buggy getting in)

Also I have a feeling at least one of the Supernovas is a Shichibukai, again I did say this during the prediciton of whats going to happen next but that was a awhile ago now, if one or two of the Supernovas where to become Shichibukai's who would you guess and why ?

My guess would be Basil Hawkins, as hes the voodoo fortune teller and his card trick would be handy as he could tell the Goverment the 'fates' of battles to come but hey again this is just a guess.

I am pretty confident that X Drake wont be one as last we saw he one trying to start a war with one of the Yonkou's and he was a Commondore before and cant imagine him going back under the Goverments thumb.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #23
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck09 View Post
Ditto on that bud, I remember way back during the long weeks waiting for the timeskip to come I posted something about Buggy becoming one, if you look at it, He appeared alot during the War and everyone saw him and is in charge of alot of 'high class criminals' as WB and Marco pointed out, so he would be suitable plus it brings us back Captain Buggy ! ( I hope I am not the only person on Buggy getting in)

Also I have a feeling at least one of the Supernovas is a Shichibukai, again I did say this during the prediciton of whats going to happen next but that was a awhile ago now, if one or two of the Supernovas where to become Shichibukai's who would you guess and why ?

My guess would be Basil Hawkins, as hes the voodoo fortune teller and his card trick would be handy as he could tell the Goverment the 'fates' of battles to come but hey again this is just a guess.

I am pretty confident that X Drake wont be one as last we saw he one trying to start a war with one of the Yonkou's and he was a Commondore before and cant imagine him going back under the Goverments thumb.
I highly doubt any of them would join. They didn't give me the impression that they would. Plus, I'd rather see Oda pump out new characters. He does an amazing job with introductions of new characters. For the most part I'm enjoying Vander Deken, Hodi Jones, Madam Shirley, and Hammond. Let's see what else Oda-sensei can pull out.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #24
Spiegel
Pirate King

Reviving this thread now that we have a bit more of information on the current balance of powers. For those that don't want to go to the first page for some odd reason here is how it's cut down; The Three Great Powers of the One Piece World: The Marines, Royal Shichibukai, and Yonkou.

The Marines: Sitting on top is the new Fleet Admiral of the Marines, Sakazuki Gensui (Akainu).

The seats of Admiral (second highest Marine rank) is currently filled only by Borsalino (Kizaru), the other two are still unknown by whom they are filled by.

The current Vice Admiral (third highest Marine rank) lists is as followed
Tsuru
John Giant
Comil
Momonga
Onigumo
Doberman
Strawberry
Yamakaji
Lacroix
Ronse
Dalmatian
Kaizeruhige
Smoker (went up two ranks from Commodore)

I won't list the rest because most listed below Admiral ranks aren't of that much importance to the story with the exception of Coby, Tashigi, and the now "retired" Sengoku and Garp.

Royal Shichibukai: We still don't know who the remaining three to fill the empty slots of Shichibukai are but here are the current members: Dracule Mihawk, Donquixote Doflamingo, Bartholomew Kuma, Boa Hancock.

Yonkou: (Four Emperors of the New World)
Shanks
Blackbeard
Kaidou
Big Mam

Discusion
Blackbeard has finally been recognized as one of the Four Emperors due to his use of two DF abilities. But because of this now his powers aren't gaugeable. We are not 100% sure if he's able to fully overcome any of the other Yonkou. Prior to Whitebeard's death, all the Yonkou were relatively of equal strength. We aren't sure if Blackbeard has anymore recruits and/or allies which could cause to tip the internal scale of powers between the Yonkou.

The Marines focal point of power lies in the area of the Admirals and Vice Admirals. The people chosen to fill this position will obviously come from the Vice Admiral ranks but whom? My guess on one of the spots is probably Momonga (the one that picked up Boa Hancock from Amazon Lily) for sure. He meets the most standards to fill that spot and has probably powered up. Though there has been a dynamic going on where the Admirals all had Logia DF abilities of the elemental kind. Will Mamonga obtain a DF? I'm also thinking about Sengoku's and Garp's new role on the Marines in raising the new generation. Obviously Coby is still going to be training with Garp and he was the only clear headed Marine soldier in the War on Marineford that had any moral value. I'm thinking Coby's role in the story will play a huge part, especially during the time when the treasure One Piece becomes the final main center piece and the fight between "True Justice" and "Dark Justice" becomes more tangible with Coby's presence dictating Luffy's and Teach's outcomes of this New Era.

The integrity of the Royal Sichibukai is probably the World Governments most worried asset. With the exception of Boa Hancock, we all saw how effective their roles were in the War on Marineford with only four active persons at the time (Mihawk, Moria, Doflamingo, and Bartholomew Kuma). I believe if all seven would have been active and mutually attacking against Whitebeard the War on Marineford would have been quite different. That being said, the three new replacements (possibly four depending if anything changes with Boa Hancock in the near future) need to be absurdly awesome. Do you think there we'll see familiar faces acting as Shichibukai or will they be an all new cast?

I'm also still aware at the possibility of Buggy being a Shichibukai but I'm still skeptical on that hilarity.

What are some other thoughts, opinions, comments?
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 01-18-2012 at 01:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Tmoore (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Nice to see this thread is being brought back first off, remember quite enjoying reading some posts put up.

First up on the whole Blackbeard discussion. Now I agree that his power isnt able to be fully put down on a power scale after the timeskip as he has now had some time to experiment / train in using Whitebeard DF so that is still needed to be seen. I feel that it would be best to bring up the Aftermath of the Marineford War, when he was at a stalemate with Shanks he did note that he wasnt to take on Shanks just yet. I know obviously he had no chance there after the beating he got from Whitebeard, but power wise it makes me think that Shanks was safely the second strongest maybe tie at the top of the Yonkou. But I would also like to bring up a good theory that has went around about BB searching only the best DF from the three catergories, Zoan, Logia and Paracemia. If this is indeed true then his power ranking will probably good shooting up even more after he has found the other DF (( thats if its true, but i think its a strong yes )). And back to the other point about 'recruitment' I think theres a good chance he will have some more division like Whitebeard had from various other New World pirates, probably controlling them through the fear of his power.

Now I know some folk might disagree with me about me saying Shanks might be possibley as strong as Whitebeard, but do take into account that Shanks did block one of the other Yonkou's before even coming to the war, Kaidou. We do know that this is supposedly one of the more ruthless of the four as well and that Shanks was able to stop him fast and from the looks of it unscratched (( I do know there is no proof that they even fought, could have settled it peacefully but need to wait and see )).

Shichibukai:

I still stand by what i said previously in this thread about one of the Supernovas likely to have joined there ranks. I mentioned it might be Basil Hawkins the voodoo fortune teller but I dont think thats the case now. The two pirates that Im thinking now is the Mafia like Pirate. (( Al capone or something sorry cant remember his name )) and the Pirate whos from a sky island, able to enhance his muscle mass. I have voted the Mafia like Pirate becuase I see some similar things with between him and Donquixote Doflamingo. Both major crime lords being one of them. And the sky island guy, I dont know he doesnt seem like an intelligent guy to plan things out, so I could imagine Akainu taking advantage of that like he did to Squall in the War. The Shichibukai are supposed to be all powerful Pirates and the supernovas would be ideal for that. Also Buggy, still think hes going to be one for comic relief but also alot of folk know him now, he was apart of Gold D Roger and he was at the War. That will definately raise his reputation in the World too.

I would like to make note to keep an eye on Donquixote Doflamingo, after the War he was sent by another party to deal with Moria, supposedly the Higher ups in the World Government cant remember there name but I think its that small group of old men we all seen. Also the fact I think he will be planning something big in the near future as he hinted to Crocodile.

Crocodile and Moria are two people to look out for too I cant imagine them donig anything big but in the past one almost got an entire country for himself, and the other and army of Zombies. So still watch out.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #26
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Buggy received his letter via the same bat creature that gave Jinbei his SB invite, I think him being a SB is a given at this point.

As for the power levels, I really want to see a FB depicting a fight between Roger and WB, because I very much doubt that old, dying WB was only that powerful. Going by how powerful Luffy has become I expect the power levels to inflate in this second half.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #27
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

For now the powers of the three is

shicibukai

yonkou

marines

younkou lost whitebeard but gain blackbeard

marines lost sengoku, garp, that ice dude but smoker step to their place.

shicibukai gains buggy. remember what whitebeard says. buggy is not strong but his crew makes up for it. God knows who he pick up in the last 3 years.

and the 4th and final powerhouse isnt the strawhat. They will join the yonkou. I think. The 4th will be some dude (very highly possibly the world nobles) who have all the ancient weapons. Ancient weapon have mention here and there. It will emerged and when it do, ohh yeah.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #28
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I wonder how Pluton will be built, the blueprints are gone. Some people think that Vegapunk might have a DF that allows him to time travel, that sounds really hax even for OP, but nothing is impossible.

There is also a theory floating around about Uranus. Some think that Enel will find it at the moon, and after him being able to get there on a wooden arc I'd buy it lol.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck09 View Post
Crocodile and Moria are two people to look out for too I cant imagine them donig anything big but in the past one almost got an entire country for himself, and the other and army of Zombies. So still watch out.
its been a while but didnt moria die, thought flamingoo killed him? The Shichibukai kind of remind me of akatsuki members, it will be hard to replace them.. I could see 1 or 2 new members but that all, im interested to see what the marines will be doing with new leadership and big momma on the hunt for SH

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBenoit For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #30
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
its been a while but didnt moria die, thought flamingoo killed him?
Moria used one of his DF abilities and literally vanished into thin air, even Don Flamingo was surprised. He can switch places with doppleman instantly, so I think it was an extension of that ability.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (01-18-2012), SirBenoit (01-18-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (01-20-2012), Tmoore (01-18-2012)