Games and all things related - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Games and all things related

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/gamestopdemo

Fuck BioWare.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2011)

Old 02-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dragon Age 2 (Demo release on the 23rd Feb)

Quote:
This early demo access is being granted to Gamestop employees only. Any form of distribution, recording, posting of any elements of the Dragon Age 2 demo and any of its files is strictly prohibited until February 23, 2011 when the demo is made available to all consumers. Download Instructions: Please enter download code and click the download button to start your download.
End of the month........

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Basically the fucked up story is last year BioWare released a flyer with it's Awakenings expansion that had the date '1st February 2011' on it, and it seemed that it was going to be the release date for DA2. They moved that but still said they would use the date for a big announcement.

Early morning yesterday on one of the European sites they accidentally released a DA2 banner that said "Demo out now" and EA quickly removed it, but good old nerds screened it and started thinking that the big announcement for today was going to be the demo and the speculation started. BioWare said nothing but still said they had a big announcement for today, there was a thread on the BioWare forums about it that has got about 155 pages in under a day and 75% of it is filled with puuuure nerdrage because the announcement from BioWare turned out to be bullshit. They announced the closed beta of the already announced and in beta stage Facebook game Dragon Age: Legends.

So fans felt like they had been cheated because of all the hype the past year and that the announcement was pure shyte and then Bioware released this demo but only to Gamespot employees until the 23rd of Feb which some fans took as a further slap to the face given the so little content released before the games launch... aaand so on and so on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-02-2011), Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Hm, I checked the hardware requirements just now, and again, I am impressed by Bioware, that they can make a quality game (which it will be of course, because Bioware), that does not need a hardcore PC. Seems I am standing a small step over the minimal requirements for DA 2.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
Demi-God
BEST

I'm more impressed that they got the file size down to 7GB when DA:O was around 18GB without the DLC stuff. Witchcraft.
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #6
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quite right. But damn, I still got this Vista virus on my laptop. I will have to fix that before I can play DA 2.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
Demi-God
BEST

Get 7 quick!

Though demo stuff should leak soon, there should be one Gamespot employee that doesn't give a shit.
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
I'm more impressed that they got the file size down to 7GB when DA:O was around 18GB without the DLC stuff. Witchcraft.
I'll give you three guesses why.

Oh, wait, no I won't, I'll tell you.

DA2 will include nowhere near the amount of content or options as DA:O. Prepare for Dragon Age: Casual Mass Effect Edition.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-02-2011), Demi-God (02-02-2011), Mal (02-02-2011), Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Demi-God
BEST

Well when they brought up the issue on the BioWare forums after the specs were announced and people were worried about the low file size, the developers came in and said that it all had to do with a new compression method for the audio files and the textures and shyte like that and that the lower file size wasn't because it had significantly less content than DA:O but simply because they had gotten "better at making games."

This was the exact reply:

Quote:
Oh for the sake of bacon. It is this sort of doom and gloom naysaying that depresses the heck out of me. "Oh, I don't really understand how things work in the industry, but 7GB is less than previous, so it must be bad."

I shall try to explain in 3 main points why Dragon Age II is 7 GB.

1 - We used a different compression scheme in DA II than DAO (something called "ogg" I am told).
2 - 2 less fully VOed langauages
3 - Optimized mesh data, physics and lighting (which I am told reduces the footprint of environments by close to 75%)

I know some will still doom and gloom, but the game is 7GB because we are better at making games. So, now that you have some reasons why the game is 7GB I hope this will calm some of you down.
Now it's already been mentioned that DA2 will be a bit shorter than DA:O and it seems obvious that they've cut out some corners with the options, but I don't think it'll be that bad. In the same thread it's mentioned that games like the Witcher and the Witcher 2 both only needed around 8GB's of space.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-02-2011), Mal (02-02-2011), Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #10
Demi-God
BEST

<- Jealous. ._.

A bunch of BioWare people (I think) playing DA2. Graphics look pretty fuckin' neat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-02-2011), Mal (02-02-2011), Miburo (02-02-2011), Servo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #11
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

March and November are going to be epic for video game releases this year. And Mass Effect 3 is allegedly going to be out the fourth quarter of 2011.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (02-09-2011), Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
Demi-God
BEST

Pokemon on the 4th of March, Dragon Age on the 11th... I'm set for a good while.
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I have become re-addicted to Black Ops, plus I have LittleBigPlanet2. I am also good for a while.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

But Black Ops sucks, why would you do that to yourself.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #15
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

New zombie map.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2011)