Games and all things related - Page 7 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #91
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Dragon Age 2 (Demo release on the 23rd Feb)

God damn, this Total War will be epic. You can even create your own Daimyo (General) and outfit him with armor and stuff.

But back to topic, I hope that in DA 2 they will have more models for weapons and armor. The ones in DA:O were very meager. And some more character features would be nice too.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-11-2011)

Old 02-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #92
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Make a Miburo general, plus manly dueling from the looks of things? Auto-awesome.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #93
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Demo out.

Disappointed.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #94
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Why are you disappointed?

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #95
That1CheezyGuy
Chuunin

That1CheezyGuy is on a distinguished roadThat1CheezyGuy is on a distinguished road

The demo that bad?
That1CheezyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #96
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

It's not by any means a bad game, just disappointing compared to the potential it seemed to have. I guess maybe I expected too much from it. I hope it isn't a sample of the final product with the amount of glitches in scenes. The combat system just doesn't seem as good, sometimes the skills I try to use take me about 5 tries before they take effect, seems a bit meh.

It's mainly down to my own expectations and after waiting so long, just didn't feel as excited as I did when I first played DA:O.

Hopefully when I play more of the full version and get used to it I'll be able to appreciate it better, until then though, mothafuckin' Titan Quest!!!

Last edited by Demi-God; 02-22-2011 at 06:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Axiom (02-22-2011), Mal (02-22-2011), Nerox (02-23-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #97
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Imma still end up buying it. It also comes out the same day (in North America) as Homefront, which looks very interesting to me. It's written by John Milius too, same guy who wrote and directed the EPICALLY MANLY Conan the Barbarian, Red Dawn, and some other badass shit.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-23-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #98
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

tried out the demo of DA2 on pc, GODDAMN the buttons are annoying. 99% of the time i just had a birds eye view of everything and while i was trying to figure out how the camera and movements worked, my team was dying =[ i hope they enable controller capabilities on it later =\
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-23-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #99
Demi-God
BEST

Servo - Yeah, already have it pre-ordered and I'm hoping that the final product will be vastly different to the demo. Apparently this PC demo was just shit they put together last year for the cons and all. I'm still hoping for the best, I tried the demo a few more times and getting the hang of the controls just a bit more but still annoying. You can clearly tell that it was designed with consoles in mind first and like Mace said, while your busy fixing your camera, your team end up dead. I've been told by everyone who's tried both the console and PC versions that the console one is a lot better and easier to handle and I'm hoping BioWare don't fuck up and not enable controllers for the PC in the future.

Another little problem is not being able to zoom back far enough with the camera, in DA:O you could zoom on the PC version to a point where you could manage your surrounding really well, with DA2 demo you get like the typical 3rd person shooter distance and it's annoying since it means you have to move your camera around a lot more.

We'll see how it all goes, just that they really dropped the ball on this one. =/ While the first was made with PC gamers in mind, for this one they've decided to shaft them all.

Last edited by Demi-God; 02-24-2011 at 12:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Servo (02-23-2011)
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 AM   #100
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Just because I missed it earlier:

I am HARD for Shogun 2 total war, but I don't think I have a pc that can cope well enough with it to really enjoy it.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #101
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu Men View Post
Just because I missed it earlier:

I am HARD for Shogun 2 total war, but I don't think I have a pc that can cope well enough with it to really enjoy it.
I am worrying about that too. But it looks like it will be the best of the Total War series.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #102
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/florenc...ge-ii-ost.html

Enjoy your shitty mainstream casual RPG with your shitty mainstream hipster music.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-25-2011), Demi-God (02-25-2011), Mal (02-25-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #103
Demi-God
BEST

Coming from the guy with the G-Unit fridge magnet.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #104
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

What can I say. I love to bust shots, I love my two glocks.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-25-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #105
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/florenc...ge-ii-ost.html

Enjoy your shitty mainstream casual RPG with your shitty mainstream hipster music.
Thank you for the sentiment; I ensure you that I shall.

And allow me to return the favour, and wish you enjoyment from whatever it is that you listen to or play to feel edgy and self-important.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-25-2011), Mal (02-25-2011)