IQ Test - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #31
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: IQ Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm extremely smart and I scored "108" because, like I said, about 20% of the questions had no discernible pattern to follow. Especially the groups of lines in random shapes. There's also the fact that I have difficulty in discerning the difference between shades of colors.
Really? I should check out this test and you're like part color blind/whatever so it shouldn't really count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Really? Put a gifted child on language/history departments on this test. S/he'll probably score less than 100 in this silly test, and probably score 150+ on a decent test.
I didn't see the test so I don't know about the langauge/history department as Kael only told me about the visual part. Miburo guy got a perfect score without even trying, I'm pretty sure many gifted kids can get over 100 in the langauge/history department or else they wouldn't be gifted. I'd have to see it first to judge though.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,719 Times in 3,843 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
Really? I should check out this test and you're like part color blind/whatever so it shouldn't really count.
Did you miss the part where I said there were also shape sets that had no discernible patter? Cuz I did say it wasn't entirely color based.

Quote:
I didn't see the test so I don't know about the langauge/history department as Kael only told me about the visual part.
That's all there is. There are no language/history/math sections. It's a "Visual/Spatial Recognition" test that makes an attempt to see how well people can see patterns. It's not a true I.Q. test.

Quote:
Miburo guy got a perfect score without even trying,
No offense to mibs or anything, but he brags a lot. The wrestling stuff I'll give him, because I've seen amateur wrestling in the past. But Mibs likes to over exaggerate in his posts.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure many gifted kids can get over 100 in the langauge/history department or else they wouldn't be gifted.
Again, all there is is pattern recognition questions. There are no language/history/math questions. It's all about recognizing patterns, of which quite a few have no patterns that I could discern even with my weakness with colors. Which, by the way, isn't color blindness. I just have trouble discerning shades of colors, especially darker shades and primarily red shades.

Last edited by kael03; 03-10-2011 at 09:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-10-2011), Miburo (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #33
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

What? Numinous said there was a history/langauge section. It's about patterns, and colors only? You have trouble discerning certain patterns and colors so it shouldn't count since you're at a disadvantage. Why do you think Miburo is overexaggerating? I believe him since you said it's just color and patterns. On top of that, Jaxon got the same score as you because he was bored. Not really hard to believe him.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #34
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

118. meh, I thought I would do better then that. Kael is right, a true IQ test is far different then this. This is basically a game. Now give me a test with some math on it, and I'll fucking kill that shit. English...not so much.

@ Ninjaboy. Instead of asking everyone what this test is about, you could just click the link and see. Just sayin'.

Last edited by ask me anything; 03-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #35
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
What? Numinous said there was a history/langauge section.
No, he didn't. He said if a gifted child could score 150+ on a test that involved history/language wouldn't be able to score that high on this "test".

Quote:
It's about patterns, and colors only? You have trouble discerning certain patterns and colors so it shouldn't count since you're at a disadvantage.
My fault, I should have clarified. There are questions that have no discernible patterns involving a green background with yellow shaped lines. I have no issues with yellow/green and little issues with blue. I have issues with seeing SHADES of red and discerning the difference between different shades (things like Cherry Red look black to me).

Quote:
Why do you think Miburo is overexaggerating?
Because it's Mibs and he has a penchant for stretching the truth when he's bashing on someone. Like I said, the only time I know he's speaking legit is when he talks wrestling, because I've seen and done amateur wrestling and I know what he's talking about.

Quote:
I believe him since you said it's just color and patterns.
Then you're a fool if you hadn't picked up on Mibs habit of exaggerating (again, no offense to Mibs).

Quote:
On top of that, Jaxon got the same score as you because he was bored. Not really hard to believe him.
We don't know if Jaxon has the same issues as I do with colors. He even admitted he guessed on a few of them (like I did because I saw no pattern in the green/yellow colored puzzles).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-10-2011), Miburo (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #36
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Kael, I never over exaggerate about anything. Ever. I use the proper amount of exaggeration. Always. So fuck you.

Also,"No offense to mibs, but he's a fucking liar. No offense. He totally bullshits about absolutely everything except when it's about one topic, as far as I can tell. No offense though." Super fuck you, dickface. =D

And I got all the questions right on the interweb picture test. Fuck you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-10-2011), kael03 (03-10-2011), Mal (03-10-2011), ninjalostboy95 (03-12-2011), Servo (03-10-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-11-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #37
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So, I took the "test" and have determined a few things.

Aside from straining my eyes, at least 20% of these "questions" have no discernible pattern to lead someone to the correct answer..
lol, common. they all have a pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Actually did it this time. There were some clever puzzles, though many of them were just not worth taking the time to figure out. Like that last Rubik's cube one. Silly.
its an interesting test i thought, the last one i completely guessed on. that was one of the few i could not figure anything out for in time.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #38
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

thats not an iq test, thats a matching game =D
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-10-2011), Demi-God (03-11-2011), kael03 (03-10-2011), Mal (03-10-2011), Miburo (03-10-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-11-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #39
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I dunno what the psyche dude is saying... Mibs is the most honest guy I know, internet-wise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-10-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-11-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #40
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
thats not an iq test, thats a matching game =D
when you take a math test is that a math game solving the equations.

maybe im mistaken, but it is judging you iq based on your visual spatial reasoning skills. it is giving you an iq score. maybe you want to say its not a good indicator, ok but its an iq test.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #41
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
maybe im mistaken, but it is judging you iq based on your visual spatial reasoning skills.
You would be mistaken. There is more to one's I.Q. than the ability to "spot the pattern". This "test" has no scientific backing (protip: no online "intelligence test" does), therefore is not a reliable, or even valid, depiction of one's intelligence.

Quote:
it is giving you an iq score.
Based on an arbitrary scoring system that has no scientific background. I could probably take the test again and score over 130 if I actually focused on it.

Quote:
maybe you want to say its not a good indicator,
I want to say it's not because it isn't a good indicator. I've explained why numerous times.

Quote:
ok but its an iq test.
Again, no it's not. This doesn't constitute an I.Q. test. You're even dumber than I thought if you think it is an I.Q. test.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-11-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #42
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

If Angry Birds gave you an IQ score, would you claim it was testing your Physical Reasoning IQ?

Just because something gives you an IQ score doesn't mean it's an IQ test. Don't trust the internet so willingly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-11-2011), kael03 (03-10-2011), Miburo (03-11-2011), OG (03-11-2011), Tzu Men (03-11-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-11-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #43
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Actually, Kael, I never over exaggerate about anything. Ever. I use the proper amount of exaggeration. Always. So fuck you.
My mistake. Just trying to make the kid feel better about himself.

Quote:
Also,"No offense to mibs, but he's a fucking liar. No offense. He totally bullshits about absolutely everything except when it's about one topic, as far as I can tell. No offense though." Super fuck you, dickface. =D
I never called you a liar. I said you stretch the truth sometimes. Not in all of your posts, just the ones that are meant to crush some poor schmuck's self-esteem with their failed logic.

Forgive me? <3?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-11-2011), Miburo (03-11-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #44
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
You would be mistaken. There is more to one's I.Q. than the ability to "spot the pattern". This "test" has no scientific backing (protip: no online "intelligence test" does), therefore is not a reliable, or even valid, depiction of one's intelligence..
why do you say it has no scientific backing, how do you know what they did to come up with the test. why cant an online test have scientific backing.

Quote:
Based on an arbitrary scoring system that has no scientific background. I could probably take the test again and score over 130 if I actually focused on it...
why do you keep saying it has no backing, im sure they put some thought and did research before making this test, is there a definitive way of testing ones iq anyway or is it all theory. i guarantee you take the test again right now you would not get over 130. take it one more time i guarantee you would not get over 130.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #45
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

It's not an IQ test, really. If anything, it's a test of your pattern recognition skills or 'visual spatial reasoning skills' or whatever. Which isn't the same thing. An actual IQ test would test many different facets of one's reasoning ability. Obviously, what you posted isn't an accurate or reliable test. Which I'm sure everyone is pretty much well aware of, minus maybe a few total fucking morons. I would assume anyone who would post that test here would do so as a "hai guiz, take this test and we can compare scores for shits and giggles" kinda thing. Which is cool, just pick a more entertaining test to take next time.

The purpose of real IQ tests is pretty much to make sure your kid isn't a goddamn retard. Other than that, they're relatively useless.

Edit: Add an extremely heavy emphasis to the "total fucking morons" part above. Jesus fucking christ, animufan. Why do you have to go and shit on my attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt like that? Goddammit, how am I suppose to not make fun of non-OH guys? I'm trying so goddamn hard too. Fucking assholes.

And it's cool, Kael. <3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-11-2011), Mal (03-11-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-11-2011)
Closed Thread