Games and all things related - Page 19 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #271
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Dragon Age 2 (Demo release on the 23rd Feb)

Whatever level you can get it to man, with 6 players in it'll be hard enough, so just keep at it, around level 20 at least should be fine I would say, maybe we could start from Egypt or something.

It tends to get a bit choppy for most when you play together, it depends on who's hosting it and naturally as more people join from different places it gets a bit worse.

How are your warrior's abilities looking?

Also, Dragon Age is fuckin' aweeesome. I went into the fade and it was short and nowhere near as annoying as the first. I'm also loving that on the PC version you can take screenshots quite easy.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-14-2011), Miburo (03-14-2011), Servo (03-14-2011)

Old 03-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #272
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,595 Times in 4,838 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Compared to what Nerox and Mal were firing, pretty lame. I generally have been running in and fighting, they just snipe everything in site and have wolves and shit. Doing Battlemage and can fire a few fireballs, but they aren't anything impressive. Would you recommend loading up to hire levels for those techs or improving lesser ones you use a lot?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #273
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,817 Times in 3,843 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
That said, some comments from playing with three last night with Nerox and Mal.

Was it seriously choppy for anyone else or is it my computer? There were times where it was just missing frames, but other times when I would run forward, swing away without hitting and then everything would be dead and Mal and Nerox on to the next screen. It kinda ruined part of the experience. Is there away around this? Something I should look into doing? Because I don't know how it'll handle the info form a large party.

Also, what level are we going to aim for? Need to know how much to play, even though I'm ahead of Nerox #2 and Mal #3.

And I should probably see if I can't figure out what was wrong with my headset...
Fixed.

You could try hosting, see if that makes any difference for you. As unlikely a cause as it is, you could also try lowering your graphics settings to see if more players cause significantly more GPU strain than they should.

It sounds like the mic has shorted circuited into the speaker; Nerox and I were just hearing the sound of your game and echos of ourselves.

If we all want to be at level 20 to begin EPIC QUESTING that is fine with me.

Last edited by Mal; 03-14-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-14-2011), Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #274
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

On my laptop it is only getting choppy when I play at night and if there is like fire or smoke on the screen. But that's because I play on the highest settings and my GPU is crap. And well, sometimes, when my internet is especially slow my ping drops to 8k...but that's very seldom.

For the questing; it was real good in my opinion, and I have to remember to let ACt tank in the future...My character with 2 onehanded weapons just gets killed to quickly. There were a lot of monsters, but the bosses were still easy and even without a healer, potions do the job.

If someone wants a new character leveled up before saturday, I could help out with my hunter. And quickly pull you to level 10 or the likes.

@Demi: I doubt we could start in Egypt, when no character has been there already. And we shouldn't jump to far ahead there is a rich backstory to experience! :>

Edit: When I was on my hunter, I sniped everything, but that was only to level Mal's character up. Against my pittyful Harbinger, you make more damage I think. But hopefully that will change, once I find so many blue items for a warrior as you do.^^

Last edited by Nerox; 03-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-14-2011), Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #275
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Power leveling is quick and easy with Nerox around, I got from 3 to 10 in maybe half an hour.

As for the backstory, if we start in Egypt then everyone else will have to have leveled up sufficiently on their own anyway, so we should be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #276
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Quote:
Compared to what Nerox and Mal were firing, pretty lame. I generally have been running in and fighting, they just snipe everything in site and have wolves and shit. Doing Battlemage and can fire a few fireballs, but they aren't anything impressive. Would you recommend loading up to hire levels for those techs or improving lesser ones you use a lot?
I would say take care of your Warrior specs first, by level 30 or so you should have all you need in it.

By level 30 you should have something like this, http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-2-0-1-0-6-0-0

Unless you're going to do dual wield, in which case,
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-2-0-1-3-6-0-0

Once you have that Onslaught tree maxed out, oooooooh you'll be doing lovely damage. You should hit level 30 or so by the end of the second act, then you can start investing more in your fire abilities.

Edit: I would say don't bother with duel wield, the shield will give you a bit more defense which is what a warrior really needs and you can start using fire spells early on.

Last edited by Demi-God; 03-14-2011 at 01:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #277
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Well to be fair, I don't think the game expected me to max my wolves so quickly, and they also benefit from your additional fire damage for the party thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #278
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Once you have that Onslaught tree maxed out, oooooooh you'll be doing lovely damage. You should hit level 30 or so by the end of the second act, then you can start investing more in your fire abilities.
30 at the end of Egypt? That is pretty ambitious. You would have to kill a bloody lot of monsters. Level 30 should be reached around the end of the third act I think. That is more realistic. I faced Typhon with level 34 I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #279
Demi-God
BEST

I got to the end of Egypt with a level 30 Hunter, it's not hard to level up in Egypt with the amount of enemies there really, wouldn't take too long. Also, a lil farming here and there did help with the EXP.
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #280
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Nice. I kind of rushed through, and well, I wanted to get to epic quickly. But you are right, and with 6 players, there will be even more beasts in Egypt to slaughter!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #281
Demi-God
BEST

Yeah, I find it's so much easier to level up in co-op. As long as the team sticks together so everyone can share the EXP. There are some great places in Egypt to farm, also if you want to level up really well to like level 24 or so, I find that the final Labyrinth in Act I is an amazing place to do so, just save in the final fountain, that way you get to kill a good amount of monsters, as well as fight the mini-boss and main boss to farm items too.
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #282
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,595 Times in 4,838 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I'm just hoping I can match up a sweet set of armor soon... got a lovely blue helmet last night that makes me look like an aztec with a glowing blue bindi dot.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-14-2011), Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #283
Demi-God
BEST

I may have some armour in one of my characters storage I could give, might have a few pieces of a set.
Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #284
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Also, Dragon Age is fuckin' aweeesome. I went into the fade and it was short and nowhere near as annoying as the first. I'm also loving that on the PC version you can take screenshots quite easy.
Yeah that shit was painless this time around. Did you play past the part where you break into Bartrands house yet?

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-14-2011), Miburo (03-14-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #285
Demi-God
BEST

I fuckin' loved that part, especially the start with Varric and how it turned out he was... exaggerating the truth a bit let's say. I must say I'm loving the story so far even more so than I did Origins. I just dealt with Sister Peatrice in the chantry and did most of the other quests in Act II I think, unless more await now. Did you play the part with the white lilies? I'm almost level 17, maxed out all the two-handed abilities.

I call this, the Grey Skull.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-14-2011), Miburo (03-14-2011), Servo (03-14-2011)