RIP Nate Dogg - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

@ Nerox...no. not really.

@ Mal.....I didn't see what she said as insulting to rap, given that she already stated that she listens to rap and has actually heard of Nate Dogg. I said that in response to the first sentence in her post.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #17
Tabris
Sexy Lady
 
Tabris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in a box, out side your house, with binoculars.
Posts: 778
Thanks: 5,571
Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

whoa, guys. you're being overly sensitive.
i was under the impression that he said that with the high hopes that i'd offer to let him watch.
those hopes will, of course, be denied.

i appreciate you guys defending me, but we don't have to take everything personally, even if it was directed at me.

edit: oh shit... i'm sorry, i didn't realize your name in RL is "People" what a strange coincidence

Last edited by Tabris; 03-16-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-16-2011), CamzyD (03-16-2011), kael03 (03-16-2011), Mal (03-16-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011), Nerox (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Yes...My first name is "People". Middle Name..."R." Last Name...."Stupid"
I take pride in that name and don't you forget it.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #19
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Pretty stupid name.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-16-2011), Mal (03-16-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-16-2011), Tabris (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #20
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

I thought so, too. I'm thinking about getting it legally changed
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-16-2011), Kinako (03-16-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011), Numinous (03-16-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #22
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

^^^HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about "StormShadow" myself.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,951
Thanks: 8,421
Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

RIP Nate Dogg.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjalostboy95 For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-18-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #24
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

I remember Nate Dogg. He featured in "Shake That"... and that's the only thing I knew from him before this thread.

Sorry Kinako, but just because you know much of a musician that is popular in a genre doesn't mean s/he's widely popular. For Cthulhu's sake, I bet that when Kōji Kondō dies, people will be like "who?", regardless of him being the composer of melodies that everyone and their mothers know about.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-17-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011), Tabris (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #25
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
I remember Nate Dogg. He featured in "Shake That"... and that's the only thing I knew from him before this thread.

Sorry Kinako, but just because you know much of a musician that is popular in a genre doesn't mean s/he's widely popular. For Cthulhu's sake, I bet that when Kōji Kondō dies, people will be like "who?", regardless of him being the composer of melodies that everyone and their mothers know about.
That is not what I meant. My point was that the man was popular to those familiar with the genre. Just because he may not be popular with someone who listens to nothing but classical or rock does not mean that he was not successful in any way. It simply means that he was popluar to those who listen to rap, but still successful in his own manner. But there were people who don't even listen to much of the genre that are talking about the guy like he was a complete nobody or something. This would be like me saying that Koji dude you mentioned was not successful in any way since I've never heard of him. But keep in mind, I do not listen to his particular genre of music nor do I know who the man is. Just because I do not know who he is does not mean that he is not successful in his own manner

Last edited by Kinako; 03-16-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #26
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,201
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
How was his career not successful? He might not have had "Jay-Z money", but he had success to some degree. Besides, I mentioned Youtube so you could get a quick view of the man since you had never heard of him.
So money equals success? :/

Quote:
If he was nominated for several Grammys, wouldn't it be safe to assume that he was known for more than one song?
I don't really watch awards shows or anything, but I believe they have awards for things besides best singer. Shit like best music video director, best producer, best song writer, etc..... Blah,Blah,Blah. The point is, it's possible to be nominated for several categories on the same album, and so having multiple nominations doesn't prove he had several successful albums.

That said, I really don't know, because like I said...I never heard of the guy. Which is kinda strange is he had multiple (successful) albums.

Quote:
Hold on, let me get this right...
A person who isn't into rap knowing who Nate Dogg is = Sucessful?! No. That would be like me trying to gauge the degree of success of some rock band based on whether or not I have heard of them. That would make no sense when I know very little about Rock music in general.
If being on songs with rappers such as Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Fabulous, Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, etc. does not constitute being a mainstream singer what does? All of those guys I mentioned are mainstream, world famous rappers. I would assume that you know who they are. The songs that he was on got much airplay on the radio when they came out.
This still shows he was only successful as a featured artist and not on his own. It kinda reminds me of Pharrell. That guy has been featured on a fuckload of other peoples tracks over the years. The difference is that Pharrell is a good singer (IMO), and went on to make awesome stuff on his own, and a ton of people know him, that don't even listen to rap/hiphop, such as myself.


Quote:
You probably haven't heard of him because A) You may possibly be to young,
Bad assumption on your part. I'm old enough to remember 2Pac, Snoop, and the "generation" of rappers that he recorded with.

Quote:
B) You don't listen to much Rap,
How did you know? Maybe because I said so?


Quote:
C) He had a stroke a few years back which cut his career short.
Irrelevant.

If his music were any good it would survive the test of time. For Fucks Sake, I listen to Black Sabbath, and some of their albums were made before I was born.




Quote:
edit:Tab...Go fuck yourself.
That's not very nice. Why would you say something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
I said that in response to the first sentence in her post.
Oh, I see. She said people are stupid as fuck, and you got all mad about it. Funny thing is she didn't say your name. So you basically assumed she was talking about you. So in your heart of hearts, you think your a retard? Subconciousness FTW!!!!
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 03-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-16-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-17-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #27
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Ooooooooohhhh... R.I.P. Shit, I was all ready to come and start insulting Nate Dogg, whoever he is.

EDIT: Did some research to try and find something about this that affects me... only thing I find interesting is that he had 3 strokes and is dead by 41. That tells me genetic defect or massive drug use (which I base on the fact that he apparently "joined the drug trade"). School drop out, dishonourably discharged by the Marines, accused of gun possession, armed robbery, kidnapping(!) and stalking. Associated with several names in the rap industry, but nothing is telling me he had his own career of note.

Soooo... I got nothing.
Hmm. He passed the physical exam for the military. So if I was a betting man it wouldn't be a birth defect. And you usually have to be a real douche bag to get dishonorably discharged. Plus all that other shit.

Sounds like nothing of value was lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

That is awesome.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #28
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,201
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

What kind of pussy stalks someone anyway. Nothings says hardcore gangsta like peeping through your windows. >.>
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
So money equals success? :/
What equals success in your eyes then?

Quote:
I don't really watch awards shows or anything, but I believe they have awards for things besides best singer. Shit like best music video director, best producer, best song writer, etc..... Blah,Blah,Blah. The point is, it's possible to be nominated for several categories on the same album, and so having multiple nominations doesn't prove he had several successful albums.
I didn't say anything about multiple albums. I said he was nominated for different songs. In your previous post you made him sound like a one-hit wonder.

Quote:
That said, I really don't know, because like I said...I never heard of the guy. Which is kinda strange is he had multiple (successful) albums.

This still shows he was only successful as a featured artist and not on his own. It kinda reminds me of Pharrell. That guy has been featured on a fuckload of other peoples tracks over the years. The difference is that Pharrell is a good singer (IMO), and went on to make awesome stuff on his own, and a ton of people know him, that don't even listen to rap/hiphop, such as myself.
I never said that he did become successful as a solo artist. My point in my previous post was that the songs he was featured on all got substantial radio play when they came out. You were trying to make him sound like he was an unknown becuase you did not know who he was.

Quote:
Bad assumption on your part. I'm old enough to remember 2Pac, Snoop, and the "generation" of rappers that he recorded with.
Maybe so. But if you really knew about them, then you would know about Nate Dogg as well given that he was on mulititude of Snoop's songs.
Quote:
How did you know? Maybe because I said so?
Pretty much.


Quote:
Irrelevant.

If his music were any good it would survive the test of time. For Fucks Sake, I listen to Black Sabbath, and some of their albums were made before I was born.
There are probably people nationwide playing the song "Regulator" right now. Who is Black Sabbath?? I don't know who they are since I don't listen to rock, so they must not be successful.

Quote:
That's not very nice. Why would you say something like that?
I can be an asshole at times.


Quote:
Oh, I see. She said people are stupid as fuck, and you got all mad about it. Funny thing is she didn't say your name. So you basically assumed she was talking about you. So in your heart of hearts, you think your a retard? Subconciousness FTW!!!!
Even though she did not say my name, she did refer to things that I said, so yes I knew she said that about me. Subconsciousness my ass.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kinako For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-18-2011), ninjalostboy95 (03-19-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #30
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,201
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

[QUOTE=Kinako;1939242]What equals success in your eyes then?[Quote]

Accolades from people who actually know what's good or not sounds like a good answer. Money definitely doesn't prove anything. Justin Beiber probably has more cash then this Nate Dogg guy made, but would you argue Beiber is a better artist? I hope not.


Quote:
I didn't say anything about multiple albums. I said he was nominated for different songs. In your previous post you made him sound like a one-hit wonder.
After a little google searching I found the Grammy Nominations you're referring to. ALL 4 of them were in the categories of Best Colaboration, or Best Duo/Group. They were with Ludacris, Eminem, Doctor Dre+Snoop Dogg, and Warren G. I'm more inclined to believe they were the reason behind the nominations then he was.

Quote:
I never said that he did become successful as a solo artist. My point in my previous post was that the songs he was featured on all got substantial radio play when they came out. You were trying to make him sound like he was an unknown because you did not know who he was.
I'd bet you could have a fucking parrot doing backup vocals of Dr. Dre and that shit would hit the billboard charts.




Quote:
There are probably people nationwide playing the song "Regulator" right now.
The song is Regulate, not Regulator. I thought you were a fan, yet you didn't know that.


Quote:
Who is Black Sabbath?? I don't know who they are since I don't listen to rock, so they must not be successful.
Now your just being childish to prove a point.

Quote:
I can be an asshole at times.
Me too.


Quote:
Even though she did not say my name, she did refer to things that I said, so yes I knew she said that about me. Subconsciousness my ass.
But you could have just outlined a convincing counterargument for why she was wrong, Right? Instead you resorted to petty name calling, which is usually reserved for those who don't have an legitimate argument or find themselves lacking in intelligence.....or trolls. But you don't seem trollish to me.
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snoop Dogg vs. British Officers Nexus Random Videos 7 11-07-2007 03:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.