RIP Nate Dogg - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,949
Thanks: 8,419
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Nikki Minaj, Kid Cudi, and Common>>>>every other rap artist. Wait, I'll give you Snoop(Drop it like it's hot and Gin and juice was funny to me.) Mastodon for extreme, Primus for funk and Mozomu for Japanese. Also, I recently heard of Nate(like a week ago, I'm dead as.) I think I'll try to listen more songs of Nate as a tribute like what I did with MJ. Ending rant in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited by ninjalostboy95; 03-16-2011 at 09:55 PM.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #32
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

[QUOTE=ask me anything;1939251]

Quote:
Accolades from people who actually know what's good or not sounds like a good answer. Money definitely doesn't prove anything. Justin Beiber probably has more cash then this Nate Dogg guy made, but would you argue Beiber is a better artist? I hope not.
No I would not say he is a better artist than Nate Dogg. However, Justin is more successful financially which is what I go by as a measure of success. Justin has made 65.5 mil, while Nate Dogg has made 15 mil.


Quote:
After a little google searching I found the Grammy Nominations you're referring to. ALL 4 of them were in the categories of Best Colaboration, or Best Duo/Group. They were with Ludacris, Eminem, Doctor Dre+Snoop Dogg, and Warren G. I'm more inclined to believe they were the reason behind the nominations then he was.
If that was the case, then these would not have been group nominations. They would have all been solo nominations


Quote:
I'd bet you could have a fucking parrot doing backup vocals of Dr. Dre and that shit would hit the billboard charts.
Yeah, look at artists such as Solja Boy. But that still does not take away from the fact that you were attempting to say that becuase you did not know him, he was an unsuccessful artist.


Quote:
The song is Regulate, not Regulator. I thought you were a fan, yet you didn't know that.
Some people say Regulate, But others call it "Regulator" which is what is yelled out at the beginning of the song. Of course, you don't listen to rap music, so how would you know that?



Quote:
Now your just being childish to prove a point.
NO, I'm saying the same thing you have been saying this entire time. I do not listen to Rock Music. However, I know who Metallica is, but I do not know who Black Sabbath is. This does not mean that since I know who Metallica is, that they are more successful than Black Sabbath. This is basically what you were saying.

Quote:
Me too.
Good for you.



Quote:
But you could have just outlined a convincing counterargument for why she was wrong, Right? Instead you resorted to petty name calling, which is usually reserved for those who don't have an legitimate argument or find themselves lacking in intelligence.....or trolls. But you don't seem trollish to me.
When did I resort to name-calling? I called her "Tab", which is short for Tabris.
Shortening someone's name =/= an insult. Nice try, AMA.

Last edited by Kinako; 03-16-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #33
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
NO, I'm saying the same thing you have been saying this entire time. I do not listen to Rock Music. However, I know who Metallica is, but I do not know who Black Sabbath is. This does not mean that since I know who Metallica is, that they are more successful than Black Sabbath. This is basically what you were saying.
I'm ignoring the rest of your post for this one atrocity. You know who Metallica is, but you don't know Black Sabbath? What the fuck? Black Sabbath was a major influence on Metallica. But I'll give you a hint: Ozzy Osbourne.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-16-2011), Kinako (03-16-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011), Nerox (03-16-2011), Tabris (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #34
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Play more Guitar Hero, Kinako. It would be educational for you. The older ones, the newer ones are full of that pussy brit pop/indie shit (Warning: Personal Opinion!).
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-16-2011), Kinako (03-16-2011), Mal (03-17-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #35
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm ignoring the rest of your post for this one atrocity. You know who Metallica is, but you don't know Black Sabbath? What the fuck? Black Sabbath was a major influence on Metallica. But I'll give you a hint: Ozzy Osbourne.
I was saying it to prove a point to AMA, Kael. Sorry for sounding blashphemous in the name of Metal. I have heard of Black Sabbath, but the average person who does not listen to Rock Music hasn't. Most people who haven't even heard Rock music know who Metallica is, however. But this does not mean that Metallica is any better as artists, nor more successful than Black Sabbath. By the way, I forgot Ozzy sung with them. That was when he ate the bat, right?
edit:Nerox, I've played it many times. However, I'm always "falling over" drunk when this game is turned on so even if I played their music, I would probably not remember.

Last edited by Kinako; 03-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kinako For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-18-2011), ninjalostboy95 (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #36
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

The bat was after he was fired from Black Sabbath.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Kinako (03-16-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #37
Tabris
Sexy Lady
 
Tabris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in a box, out side your house, with binoculars.
Posts: 778
Thanks: 5,570
Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

don't play guitar hero! play rock band!
i like rock band cause i can do something other than anything that requires coordination
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Kinako (03-16-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011), Nerox (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #38
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

So he ate the bat becuase he got fired?

edit:Is Rock Band the one with the drums and the mic?
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #39
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,199
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
No I would not say he is a better artist than Nate Dogg. However, Justin is more successful financially which is what I go by as a measure of success. Justin has made 65.5 mil, while Nate Dogg has made 15 mil.
So you think Bieber is more successful because he has more money. What a shallow creature you are. You have my pity.

Quote:
If that was the case, then these would not have been group nominations. They would have all been solo nominations
Except that these songs were sung by a GROUP. So of course they would be GROUP nominations, Durr Hurr Hurr. All those artist have their own INDIVIDUAL accolades for INDIVIDUAL work, something this Nate guy lacks.


Quote:
Yeah, look at artists such as Solja Boy. But that still does not take away from the fact that you were attempting to say that because you did not know him, he was an unsuccessful artist.
Actually a lot of people in this thread didn't know who he was.

Think about this logically for a second. You just stated above that you equate money with success. Now to make the most money you would need the largest audience to sell your product to, in this case his records. To do so requires that they know who you fucking are. So for a lot of people to not know who this guy is, you can extrapolate that a lot of people didn't buy his product so he was not successful. This is of course going by your own logic that Money=Success, which is just lulzy.




Quote:
Some people say Regulate, But others call it "Regulator" which is what is yelled out at the beginning of the song. Of course, you don't listen to rap music, so how would you know that?
I know because I have the power of the internet at my fingers. The song is listed as Regulate on the album, which is also called regulate. If you got some pet nickname, that's your business. I'm just telling you how it is.



Quote:
NO, I'm saying the same thing you have been saying this entire time. I do not listen to Rock Music. However, I know who Metallica is...
And thus my point is proven.



Quote:
but I do not know who Black Sabbath is. This does not mean that since I know who Metallica is, that they are more successful than Black Sabbath.
Actually it does.





Quote:
When did I resort to name-calling?
I called her "Tab", which is short for Tabris.
Shortening someone's name =/= an insult.
It's the "Go fuck yourself" that came after that is in question.

Quote:
Nice try, AMA.
Thanks
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 03-17-2011 at 06:33 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #40
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,949
Thanks: 8,419
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Kinako, AmA is winning. You might want to fall back. Just saying. Also Metallica is decent but Black Sabbath is beast. Crazy Train(that was the song right?) is awesome.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjalostboy95 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-18-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #41
Tabris
Sexy Lady
 
Tabris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in a box, out side your house, with binoculars.
Posts: 778
Thanks: 5,570
Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

it is the one with the mic.
I used to compete in arts festivals/siniging competitions when i was in high school so playing a game that compliments my years of vocal training/lessons is kidn of nice

Tab!? some one called me tab?
I am no little pink energy drink, or a button that indents your paragraphs!
my self esteem has been damaged my this offence.

I get called tab alot in RL
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Kinako (03-16-2011), Mal (03-17-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #42
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,199
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
Who is Black Sabbath?? I don't know who they are since I don't listen to rock, so they must not be successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Now your just being childish to prove a point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
I was saying it to prove a point to AMA, Kael. Sorry for sounding blashphemous in the name of Metal.
Thanks for proving me right kid.

Quote:
I have heard of Black Sabbath, but the average person who does not listen to Rock Music hasn't.
So now you speak on behalf of humanity. Good to know. Next time I want to know what the "average" person thinks I know who to consult on the matter.

Quote:
Most people who haven't even heard Rock music know who Metallica is, however. But this does not mean that Metallica is any better as artists, nor more successful than Black Sabbath.
So everybody knows who Metallica is, but not Black Sabath (false assumption but lets go with it), yet Metallica isn't any more successful. Seems like in that scenario they would be.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 03-16-2011 at 10:47 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #43
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
So he ate the bat becuase he got fired?
No, he bit the head off the bat because he thought it was a prop. It was stunned and not moving when it was thrown on stage. He did a similar stunt a year before by biting the head off a dove. I don't remember the reason for that.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Kinako (03-16-2011), Miburo (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #44
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
So you think Bieber is more successful because he has more money. What a shallow creature you are. You have my pity.
I forgot. You equate success by this, and I quote you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Accolades from people who actually know what's good or not sounds like a good answer. Money definitely doesn't prove anything.
So this means a talented broke dude who can sing well is more successful than a untalented rich dude who needs Auto-Tune to carry a note. No, it simply means that talented broke dude can carry a note, but not a check at the restaurant. Real Successful. huh?
Talent =/= Success.

Quote:
Except that these songs were sung by a GROUP. So of course they would be GROUP nominations, Durr Hurr Hurr. All those artist have their own INDIVIDUAL accolades for INDIVIDUAL work, something this Nate guy lacks.
He does not have any individual accolades, however i was not arguing that point.



Quote:
Actually a lot of people in this thread didn't know who he was.
So? What's your point?

Quote:
Think about this logically for a second. You just stated above that you equate money with success. Now to make the most money you would need the largest audience to sell your product to, in this case his records. To do so requires that they know who you fucking are. So for a lot of people to not know who this guy is, you can extrapolate that a lot of people didn't buy his product so he was not successful. This is of course going by your own logic that Money=Success, which is just lulzy.
Money does equal success given that the man's net worth was 15 million.Obviously someone knew who he was, and he was successful at something. It's not like he was holding a "Will Sing For Food Sign" on the side of a freeway

Quote:
I know because I have the power of the internet at my fingers. The some is listed as Regulate on the album, which is also called regulate. If you got some pet nickname, that's your business. I'm just telling you how it is.
If you have the internet at your fingers, then listen to the beginning of the song in question. You will then know why most people call it "Regulator" instead of assuming that I am the only one who calls it that.





Quote:
And thus my point is proven.
What was the point? That I knew who Metallica was?



Quote:
Actually it does.
So because I know who Metallica was and not Black Sabbath, it means that Metallica was more successful? I doubt it.






Quote:
It's the "Go fuck yourself" that came after that is in question.
That still does not go under the category of "name calling".

Quote:
Thanks
You are welcome, and Nice Try, again.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #45
Kinako
Chuunin
 
Kinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where the fuck you think I live fool?
Posts: 674
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Thanks for proving me right kid.
??????
Quote:
So now you speak on behalf of humanity. Good to know. Next time I want to know what the "average" person thinks I know who to consult on the matter.
No I do not speak on behalf of humanity.
Quote:
So everybody knows who Metallica is, but not Black Sabath (false assumption but lets go with it), yet Metallica isn't any more successful. Seems like in that scenario they would be.
My point was that someone (like myself) who really does not know the genre cannot make a proper assessment of success between the two bands. Even if I do know who one of the bands is. That just means that I know who one of the bands is. However the other band could actually be more successful by your definition ("Accolades from people who actually know what's good or not sounds like a good answer. Money definitely doesn't prove anything") OR by mine (Success=Money) and I wouldn't even know it. However, someone like you or others in this thread who listens to the genre can make a more proper assessment between the two bands. You are simply trying to twist that scenario to sound more favorable to you.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snoop Dogg vs. British Officers Nexus Random Videos 7 11-07-2007 03:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.