Narutard chat thread - Page 1006 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #15076
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Narutard chat thread

Exactly. I'd like an Aston Martin, but I realize I don't need one to be happy.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-27-2011), Kina (03-28-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-28-2011)

Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #15077
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I honestly wouldn't be happy with a sports car like an Aston Martin or a Ferrari or anything like that. No practicality to them and the insurance would be through the roof. I know I would have money if I could buy something like those, but I still wouldn't want one. I'd put the money into something else, like buying my mom a car similar to the first one she ever bought and her sister totaled after getting wasted at a party.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #15078
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
"Only one more semester" that will cost him thousands of unnecessary dollars. The only thing you can do with a bachelor's degree in Psychology is continue onto getting your master's or doctorate. It is a logical fallacy to think that because you've mostly completed something, not completing it will be a waste. In reality, the past should not be taken into account, as accumulating additional costs at no gain is not a good idea. Miburo had a reasonable argument that a degree of anything is better than nothing, but you failed miserably.
actually mal my whole point of fininshing was that he would have a degree in a few months and he could still get a degree in physics if he still feels a lack of interest when hes done. mibs made an even better point about having the degree and finding a better job to pay for more schooling, people commonly not working the field they have a degree in whicch i took into account etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
You haven't answered the big part of my question. Why would I continue to waste my time on a degree that I'll never use and have little interest in pursuing? Why finish my degree and postpone getting a degree in a subject I've had interest in for the better part of 16 years compared to the subject I've been interested in for about 8? Even if I graduate in December with a degree in Psychology, I'll still have 2 years to go to get a degree in physics. Why would I push that to 2 and a half years so I can finish a degree I really don't care for anymore? That makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
well up until recently you thought you would use it, so how do you know the same thing wont happen when you are part of the way through physics, lose interest the same way. why not just finish what you put all the time and money into since you are only months away. even if you wind up not using it you have it just in case. you can still get your degree in physics if you decide that is the way you want to go but it would only be a few months later that you start down that path, difference is you would have a degree..

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 03-28-2011 at 12:16 AM.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #15079
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Hey, Physics is my major, so I say fuck yeah, do that shit.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #15080
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Animefan:
The point is he would be spending money he didn't need to, in order to get a piece of paper that would not benefit him.

Kael:
The lack of practicality is almost why I want one. It would certainly not be my daily driver, and would only be insured for a few months a year during the summer when I could go late night cruising just for the hell of it. I love driving and would like a car for just that, as opposed to something mostly for getting me from A to B.

Last edited by Mal; 03-28-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #15081
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Animefan:
The point is he would be spending money he didn't need to, in order to get a piece of paper that would not benefit him..
of course it would benefit him, thats why he went for it in the first place, he doesnt know where hes going to end up so having that degree is something and he will have it in a few months if he doesnt switch. he can always go for a physics a few months later if he chooses. he can use that degree to get a better job while pursuing physics like mibs said. he may even wind up using the psych degree for work in the end that is the point.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #15082
Mal
Scotch

I'm going to try to make this as simple as I possibly can, as you seem to have trouble grasping this:

A bachelor's in Psychology is useless.

You can get no jobs with it, it will not make you a more appealing potential employee. All it is good for is eventually getting your master's or your doctorate, at which point you actually have a hope of getting a job in the field of psychology.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #15083
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
I'm going to try to make this as simple as I possibly can, as you seem to have trouble grasping this:

A bachelor's in Psychology is useless.

You can get no jobs with it, it will not make you a more appealing potential employee. All it is good for is eventually getting your master's or your doctorate, at which point you actually have a hope of getting a job in the field of psychology.
having a degree regardless of what it is makes you more appealing then you would be with out it to a potential employer. thats just ridiculous
Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #15084
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

.../facepalm @ Animefan

You're not getting it. I'm not going to waste another $4-5000 and another 3 months on a degree that is useless to me aside from going to graduate school. It will not make me more appealing to potential employers because a bachelor's in psychology is useless. I can't do anything with it. I can't even work in a psychology clinic with a bachelor's.

I would much rather take that $4-5000 and 3 months I would spend on finishing a degree I'll never use, and direct it towards working on a degree I would use and would enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #15085
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

i guess mibs didnt get it either right, i should probably just take his approach of not giving a fuck. do what ever you want to do, i dont care. makes no difference to me. next time i wont offer any advice because again some how i get jumped on by some people.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #15086
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Your "advice" was unwanted and never asked for. Seriously, go back and read my posts again if you don't believe me, I never asked for advice I only answered a couple questions.

You try to instill your thoughts and beliefs onto everyone else, then proceed to belittle them when they disagree with you. You called me delusional because I want to do something I enjoy and have a very high chance for success in and not continue with something that will ultimately be a waste of time and money. You insulted me because I disagreed with you. You might say I do the same thing, but I do not. If I disagree with someone, it's one thing. If I feel the person is making a fool of themselves by providing information that is false, and has been declared false by multiple sources, but they are vehemently defending as truth, I will insult them for their stupidity. But I would never call someone delusional if they decide to pursue a direction that is different than what they originally were doing.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #15087
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
i guess mibs didnt get it either right, i should probably just take his approach of not giving a fuck. do what ever you want to do, i dont care. makes no difference to me. next time i wont offer any advice because again some how i get jumped on by some people.
That is a specific aspect of a very general problem you have, which is that you simply don't understand most of everything.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-28-2011), KillerNN (03-28-2011), Nerox (03-28-2011), Numinous (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #15088
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

i never said you asked for any advice, i gave it anyway because its what i and im sure others would do in your sitiation. im not telling you to do anything just giving you my advice and something to think about.

i didnt belittle you unitl you cursing, telling me to shut the hell up etc. i call you delusional because no one else has the balls to tell you that you sounds it. you are 25 year old psych major looking to change to physics, graduate undergard at 28 and you think nasa is going to hire you to study space and improve space travel. im a realist and that sounds delusional. sorry if thats too honest for you but it is
Old 03-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #15089
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

I never said I was going to go to NASA with a bachelor's. I even pointed out that aspiration needs a Doctorate. I said I was going to get my Master's and go from there (which I would be getting at 30, same as if I stuck with Psychology, I might add). I know for a fact I'd need a Master's to do pretty much anything with Physics, just like every other degree except Geosciences (I think, whatever the hell my roommate is majoring in).
Mal (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #15090
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
It's called working for NASA as a final goal with a degree in Physics (I know I'll need to get my Doctorate for that, but I can get that while doing something else with a Masters).
See? First time I ever mentioned working for NASA and I even point out that I'd need a Doctorate to stand a remote chance.
Mal (03-28-2011)