Narutard chat thread - Page 1014 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #15196
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,714 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Narutard chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
But I did not wanted to be fired by doing something that stupid.
...I was fired from my last job for accepting several checks that the person wrote the previous year in the date, just after the new year.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #15197
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

My day was equally exciting, ACt. I woke up at 7:20 and too my dog to the bathroom. Then I brought her in, fed her and began getting ready for my day. After I was ready to walk out the door, I got on the computer and left 15 minutes later than usual. Realizing I didn't have anything for breakfast, I grabbed a couple Hawaiian rolls and a water and out I went! I struggled to bring my art supplies the half mile to my school. Some creepy garbage guys tried to talk to me. I went to Graphic Design and took a quiz and listened to my professor ramble. I was making jokes with my friend the whole time about how awkward my professor is. After that was over, we slipped out to go to Design II. I was going over what I'd have to do for my presentation when a professor saw what I was working on. We had a conversation on Armenian history and I scrapped my concept and started over, 15 minutes before I had to present. But, still, things are well. My friends at my table were all talking about how they were going to break up with their boyfriends and I was telling them they should if they're having all those doubts. And then Tristan and I walked to the parking garage. I drove home and ate some chicken. I watched some internet videos, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy and these shitty ABC Family dramas to laugh at sluts. Then I made some pork flavored with dill and ginger, which was great. Now I'm going to drink some diet root beer.

'Night Mibs. ;D

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-29-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #15198
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Everyone and their dog has a high school diploma these days too. You should still get one of those anyway. For the same exact reason having a college degree is better than no degree: That being that if everyone has one, except you, then you're bottom of the barrel.

Especially if you spent the last couple years in school, with only a single semester left. I'd personally finish that semester off, have something to show for it, and then do whatever I want to do while having the ability to get a non-shitty job (Read: I'm not talking about some part-time retail position. I'm referring to a real, actual job that usually requires something other than a high school diploma. Pays well, offers benefits, etc.).

That's just me. That's not stupid or wrong in any way what-so-ever. I don't know Kael's personal arrangements. I don't know how he pays for school, rent, bills, etc. I pay all that shit myself. I would need a real job to afford living and going to school at the same time. A part-time and/or low pay job wouldn't cut it for me. I'd want to make it as easy as I possibly can to find a decent job. Applying for that shit with little working experience and being a full-time student without anything to show for it wouldn't help me any. Having a degree might. I'd get a degree. Again, that's just me. Feel free to point out the error in my logic here, or how that's fucking stupid like what was originally being suggested when someone else brought up the same point. Granted, animufag is being a total retard. But at least that small part of what he said wasn't idiotic. Or, maybe it was and I'm just too stupid to see it. I dunno.

Agreed. Except, that doesn't always work out so well in practice. Like, I really enjoy wrestling. I can't make a living off of it though. Only people that do are high level college coaches and elite level wrestlers who do clinics and shit. As much as I enjoy it, I don't have the credentials or the skill to do either of those things. There are no wrestling dojos or anything. Best I can hope for is being a high school coach somewhere, which nets you about 3-10 thousand a year depending on the size of the school. I could probably live off that if I go hardcore bum style. If I ever want to have kids I can't let them live like that. I'd be a douche if I did. You need money. That's just how shit works.

I'd rather just get an easy, well-paying job that I totally won't take very seriously at all because it totally isn't necessary to define yourself by your job. Put my hours in. And then have the money to do what I enjoy after work. That way I won't have to worry about having to afford little Miburo jr.'s braces or testosterone reduction surgery or whatever. I can take care of my manly responsibilities, have my own goddamn wrestling room or some shit out back, and all that shit. That seems like a much better idea compared to trying to make a living wrestling or playing videogames or some shit, while struggling to pay the bills and provide a good living environment for my family.

Now, again, that's just me. If someone really loves cooking shit then that dude can be a chef and make money doing what he enjoys. But that shit doesn't work for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I dislike how shit is too. And people who only care about how much money they have, like that's the end-all measurement of success or some shit, are hardcore pathetic fags in my manly eye. If that's what you're getting at, then I couldn't agree more. But that money shit is pretty important. 'Enough to pay the bills' is relative. You could have your family living in some crime infested shithole (Read: Neighborhood full of negros) and have enough to pay the bills. Or you could live in a nice, relatively safe neighborhood and have enough to pay the bills. The bills could include ballet or violin lessons for you adorable little daughter. Etc.
I don't feel an in-depth response is really necessary (since we agree on much of it), so I'll just name the major points:

High school diplomas are actually required by many jobs, where as anything more can actually make you appear over-qualified. People are hesitant to hire anyone over-qualified for a position, because they realize as soon as a better job becomes available to them they will bail.

On top of that, a bachelor's degree in psychology will not get you a "real" job. You need much more than that to do anything in the field. Certainly something like a mathematics or engineering degree would enable you to get such a job, but not a psychology degree.

I agree that doing what you love isn't always going to be economically viable, especially if you intend to raise a family. I also agree that your job need not define you. I should amend my statement from "enough to pay the bills" to "enough to live comfortably." Comfort-ability is about as relative as paying the bills, but I think it is a little easier to imagine what exactly I mean.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #15199
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
My friends at my table were all talking about how they were going to break up with their boyfriends and I was telling them they should if they're having all those doubts.
You bitch.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-28-2011), Miburo (03-28-2011), Shrike (03-29-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #15200
Kina
Star-Stuff

Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

NO ONE CAN BE AS HAPPY AS ME. I'M THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY! But, seriously, one of them cheated on their boyfriend, one of them doesn't think "he's the one" and the last just wants out.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-28-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-29-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #15201
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for being a douche, guys. I'll pretend to care about all your boring shit, even if you post it more than once in different threads. I'll even state something supportive and use the discussion to talk about some boring shit about myself. That's standard protocol, correct?

There is also a difference is saying people should be posting for my personal amusement, compared to saying the forum isn't your live journal. Or not. lyke i woke up and sukked cockz sweet dreams milboro lololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I don't feel an in-depth response is really necessary (since we agree on much of it), so I'll just name the major points:

High school diplomas are actually required by many jobs, where as anything more can actually make you appear over-qualified. People are hesitant to hire anyone over-qualified for a position, because they realize as soon as a better job becomes available to them they will bail.

On top of that, a bachelor's degree in psychology will not get you a "real" job. You need much more than that to do anything in the field. Certainly something like a mathematics or engineering degree would enable you to get such a job, but not a psychology degree.

I agree that doing what you love isn't always going to be economically viable, especially if you intend to raise a family. I also agree that your job need not define you. I should amend my statement from "enough to pay the bills" to "enough to live comfortably." Comfort-ability is about as relative as paying the bills, but I think it is a little easier to imagine what exactly I mean.
Okay. So getting any bachelor's degree (Or any higher education) is stupid by that logic. People might think you're over-qualified...

What makes you so sure about that? I know I can get a job in the mental health section of the hospital my sister works at with a bachelor's degree in psychology. I dunno doing what, since I don't have one so it didn't matter to me at the time. And a quick google search suggests that it's pretty useful for a bunch of different jobs. I never said a single thing about getting a job doing something with the major itself. Just that it will help in getting a decent paying job.

And I think I know what you were saying. Money =/= success. Something more along the lines of happiness or some shit does. I agree completely.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #15202
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'll pretend to care about all your boring shit, even if you post it more than once in different threads. I'll even state something supportive and use the discussion to talk about some boring shit about myself. That's standard protocol, correct?
Conversation 101.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-28-2011), Mal (03-28-2011), Miburo (03-28-2011), Nerox (03-29-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-29-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #15203
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,714 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Sorry for being a douche, guys. I'll pretend to care about all your boring shit, even if you post it more than once in different threads. I'll even state something supportive and use the discussion to talk about some boring shit about myself. That's standard protocol, correct?

There is also a difference is saying people should be posting for my personal amusement, compared to saying the forum isn't your live journal. Or not. lyke i woke up and sukked cockz sweet dreams milboro lololol
To quote Stewie - "I'm not here to fucking impress you".

I don't know who pissed in your cheerios this morning, but it's getting annoying. I know you aren't a total dick like you've been appearing to be this afternoon. But seriously, I had a great feeling about that interview and your pissing and moaning about it being boring is killing the vibe.

This thread is a random chat thread, like everything else in the Spam section. So I can post about my interview if I want. That's all I said about my day. You want to be pissy about it? Fine. But know that this a free forum after OH took it from the furfags and respect that freedom, the world doesn't revolve around you and your boredom.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #15204
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I can function in society without being a total ass if I want. =D

Only posting to say fuck yeah! @ kick ass CYBORG NINJA avatar thinger.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #15205
Kina
Star-Stuff

Ugh, I hate that expression. Who would want to piss in Cheerios? Even as a joke? Ugh, nasty.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #15206
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

@kael. I call a vote of "deal with it". No one's stopping you from talking about it. He's got every right to say it's boring as you have to say it's exciting. If anyone's being pissy, it's you.

And FUCK YEA. < This is a piece of Gray Fox artwork done by Shinkawa that I hadn't seen before. And it was kickass, so now it's there.

Last edited by Jaxon; 03-28-2011 at 10:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #15207
Kina
Star-Stuff

Midol. Look into it. <3

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #15208
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
To quote Stewie - "I'm not here to fucking impress you".

I don't know who pissed in your cheerios this morning, but it's getting annoying. I know you aren't a total dick like you've been appearing to be this afternoon. But seriously, I had a great feeling about that interview and your pissing and moaning about it being boring is killing the vibe.

This thread is a random chat thread, like everything else in the Spam section. So I can post about my interview if I want. That's all I said about my day. You want to be pissy about it? Fine. But know that this a free forum after OH took it from the furfags and respect that freedom, the world doesn't revolve around you and your boredom.
Hey, retard. I just said there is a difference in saying "hurr hurr I expect everyone to post for my personal amusement" and "Hey, forum isn't your diary, babydick." I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't post your stupid shit here. I'm saying it's stupid. Do you disagree? Should we all post boring shit about our lives all the time? Would that be awesome? Don't be a dumbass, man.

And boo hoo, killing the vibe. I just logged on and scrolled through a fuckload of shit about you changing your major or some shit. Not some stupid interview about becoming a cart jockey. And I'm pretty sure I read about that same shit about major changing in OH very recently. Why am I reading about this shit in multiple threads? It's not even remotely interesting. You want to keep talking about it? Fine. Have at it. I'm going to talk about how boring it is and how much of a fag you are being for posting about it in multiple places on the forum. Because it's a free forum. Respect that freedom, the world doesn't revolve around you and your boring life. Durr hurr.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #15209
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-29-2011), Kina (03-28-2011), Mal (03-28-2011), Miburo (03-28-2011), Nerox (03-29-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-29-2011), Tabris (03-29-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #15210
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

My cat has fur. Does your cat have fur?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-29-2011), Miburo (03-29-2011), Tabris (03-29-2011)