VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!] - Page 648 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #9706
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
.../facepalm

You seriously can't comprehend "She excels in genjutsu, catching Itachi in it, a game between their EQUAL GENJUTSU SKILLS developed."? Please stop posting.
why dont you post it in context, when is it even talking about that they had this game between there equal genjtusu skills develop. it seems like it was talking about when he was in the village before he left
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #9707
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power
 
NeoKakarott023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, East Blue
Posts: 5,168
Thanks: 3,860
Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
i dont know why you are assuming she didnt go all out on itachi but even if she wasnt thats not the point. the point is he saw through her genjutsu and reversed it on her with ease. that indicates greater skill to see through someones attack and reverse it with ease
Its a known fact that the sharingan is the ultimate hax in the area of genjutsu, no one is arguing that fact. But to disgrace her as a nobody because the author didn't fully utilize her to this point dosen't make a lot of sense either. A lot of these NEW characters from the war have never been seen before, and some never even heard of before, but we're gonna hype them simply because we like them better... eh a lil young for me that kind of thinking, I like reality better. So the whole roundabout with this is Neji during the Chuunin Exams IMHO had zero chance vs. Kurenai, I won't debate Itachi vs. Kurenai because there was 1 genjutsu, and 1 reversal, and nothing else happened. Other than that I've seen only 1 of her attacks. Kishimoto created her, her stats, and they say Neji mindfucked quick.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
Konnaha_yellow_flash (04-06-2011), Tmoore (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #9708
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,699
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,723 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
wtf is it even talking about, did you take it out of context?
It's her entire databook entry. Nothing to be taken out of context since it's her biography.

Quote:
the thing you bolded seems to be talking about when he was still in the village anyway.
...how do you figure when the only time we've seen her catch him in a genjutsu was when he and Kisame were leaving the village?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #9709
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
It's her entire databook entry. Nothing to be taken out of context since it's her biography.



...how do you figure when the only time we've seen her catch him in a genjutsu was when he and Kisame were leaving the village?
you said and this at the end which was bolded, so it seemed you left out the part before it and it doesnt seem to fit in with what you wrote ebfore it either, so if thats true its out of context.

it looks like to me it meant that she caught up to him in genjutsu skills and then a game between there equal skills developed. which would be when he was sitll in the village before he left. when could a game have developed between there skills that were equal in the 2 sec it took for him to see through her genjutsu, reverse it and have her finished if not for kakashi.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #9710
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,699
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,723 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Dude, seriously, stop. You clearly are trying to mess with the context to make this argument go your way. Fact of the matter is, Kishi called Kurenai's genjutsu skills equal to Itachi's. You can't read "game" and think "kids" when the only time we've seen them use genjutsu on each other was when Itachi and Kisame were leaving the village and Itachi even praised her for her skills.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #9711
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Dude, seriously, stop. You clearly are trying to mess with the context to make this argument go your way. Fact of the matter is, Kishi called Kurenai's genjutsu skills equal to Itachi's. You can't read "game" and think "kids" when the only time we've seen them use genjutsu on each other was when Itachi and Kisame were leaving the village and Itachi even praised her for her skills.
why do you always say that, why dont you stop. you are the one who is claiming things that are out of context. the way im reading what you wrote makes sense, the way you are doesnt, how can it be talking about tehre equal skills and a game developing when she cast the genjutsu in the manga. he saw through it and reversed it in 2sec.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #9712
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,699
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,723 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
why do you always say that, why dont you stop. you are the one who is claiming things that are out of context. the way im reading what you wrote makes sense, the way you are doesnt, how can it be talking about tehre equal skills and a game developing when she cast the genjutsu in the manga. he saw through it and reversed it in 2sec.
Ok, I'll try this one more time in a way I'm sure you can understand:

Kishi, the author of the manga and the databooks, said in his databook entry for Kurenai that she and Itachi had equal skills in genjutsu. Forget the "game" part, since you obviously can't seem to grasp that she wasn't trying to kill him, only stall him long enough for ANBU to arrive, and he wasn't trying to kill her, just occupy her long enough to get out of the village before Sasuke could sense he was there.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #9713
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Ok, I'll try this one more time in a way I'm sure you can understand:

Kishi, the author of the manga and the databooks, said in his databook entry for Kurenai that she and Itachi had equal skills in genjutsu. Forget the "game" part, since you obviously can't seem to grasp that she wasn't trying to kill him, only stall him long enough for ANBU to arrive, and he wasn't trying to kill her, just occupy her long enough to get out of the village before Sasuke could sense he was there.
i dont just take parts of a sentence and say oh teh author said that, i actually read the whole sentence and take meaning from its entirety. what you are claiming doesnt make sense and does not show in the manga either.

hmmm, looked like she was trying to kill him to me, you know since she said its over and had a kunai she was about to attack with. i dont know where you get these assumptions like she wasnt going all out, wasnt trying to kill him. she didnt even know anbu was coming or kakashi, gai called for anbu.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #9714
Wolverine
Special Jounin
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Guess....
Age: 25
Posts: 2,178
Thanks: 2,666
Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

@Kael: While your post about the databook entry did throw me off a bit, you have to agree that Kurenai didn't catch Itachi in the Genjutsu. He saw through it rightaway and just played her. I know its the databook and its the most authentic source of information and I'm not going to dispute it anymore and not because Kishi said it. The man has overlooked his own information with utmost convenience as and when he's pleased and this really is not the first time we disagree with Kishi.
__________________
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #9715
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power
 
NeoKakarott023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, East Blue
Posts: 5,168
Thanks: 3,860
Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
why do you always say that, why dont you stop. you are the one who is claiming things that are out of context. the way im reading what you wrote makes sense, the way you are doesnt, how can it be talking about tehre equal skills and a game developing when she cast the genjutsu in the manga. he saw through it and reversed it in 2sec.
Not doing it, but gonna explain beforehand, this is why people are called 'Fanboy's'. Because someone has taking a liking to a character, read his information/stats, imagined what they wanted to happen, and create a whole new world with new possibilities for said character. Once again, thats nice, but it's not reality, Kishimoto created the characters, stats, and bios, because you can't understand why he stated Kurenai's abilities, in the neighborhood, or on par with Itachi is completely irrevalant. Thats something YOU have to work out, because Kishi's getting paid with his creation of Kurenai with that extra stuff about Itachi in his databook, without explaination, because he didn't deem it necessary. Say I don't like what Kishi did here or there, but don't say it ain't so, when actually it can only be like Kishi said, he made it.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
kael03 (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #9716
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,699
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,723 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

I know he reversed her genjutsu and I'm not disputing that. But he did say that a genjutsu of that level wouldn't work on him, at the same time as commending her skills in genjutsu. The databook, and therefore Kishi, has stated their skills in genjutsu were equal, and the one time we saw them fight they weren't fighting to kill. It wasn't until Kakashi arrived that Itachi went full out with Tsukuyomi.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #9717
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Not doing it, but gonna explain beforehand, this is why people are called 'Fanboy's'. Because someone has taking a liking to a character, read his information/stats, imagined what they wanted to happen, and create a whole new world with new possibilities for said character. Once again, thats nice, but it's not reality, Kishimoto created the characters, stats, and bios, because you can't understand why he stated Kurenai's abilities, in the neighborhood, or on par with Itachi is completely irrevalant. Thats something YOU have to work out, because Kishi's getting paid with his creation of Kurenai with that extra stuff about Itachi in his databook, without explaination, because he didn't deem it necessary. Say I don't like what Kishi did here or there, but don't say it ain't so, when actually it can only be like Kishi said, he made it.
this has nothing to do with being a fan boy, its based on the manga and what kael posted does not effect the claim im making based on the manga unless he can show me it in context in which it does.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #9718
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I know he reversed her genjutsu and I'm not disputing that. But he did say that a genjutsu of that level wouldn't work on him, at the same time as commending her skills in genjutsu. The databook, and therefore Kishi, has stated their skills in genjutsu were equal, and the one time we saw them fight they weren't fighting to kill. It wasn't until Kakashi arrived that Itachi went full out with Tsukuyomi.

i never said you were disputing that. show me in context where it says they are equal at that time, you cant because it does not say that and it wouldnt make sense since he saw through her attack and reversed it with ease. what was posted from the databooks makes sense if it was referring to when they were both in the village still.

i dont know where you get the idea she wasnt fighting to kill, she said its over and attempted to attack after having him in the genjutsu. she did not know anyone else was coming either.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #9719
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,699
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,723 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

There's no context to be had when the author of the manga says something to be fact. Kishi said they're skills in genjutsu were equal. Context doesn't matter because the author of the manga has the final say. Itachi reversed a genjutsu then said that one of THAT PARTICULAR LEVEL wouldn't work on him. Kurenai then broke the same genjutsu, and Itachi praised her skills.

You claim you aren't being a fanboy, but that's exactly what you're doing when you're going against what the author of the manga states to be fact.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #9720
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
There's no context to be had when the author of the manga says something to be fact. Kishi said they're skills in genjutsu were equal. Context doesn't matter because the author of the manga has the final say. Itachi reversed a genjutsu then said that one of THAT PARTICULAR LEVEL wouldn't work on him. Kurenai then broke the same genjutsu, and Itachi praised her skills.

You claim you aren't being a fanboy, but that's exactly what you're doing when you're going against what the author of the manga states to be fact.
taking a few words out of a sentence can change its meaning and is taking it out of context. for the millionth time post the whole thing and show me where it says it. what you posted could mean something totally different then what you are claiming and makes more sense if it did based on the manga
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.