VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!] - Page 649 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #9721
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
There's no context to be had when the author of the manga says something to be fact. Kishi said they're skills in genjutsu were equal. Context doesn't matter because the author of the manga has the final say. Itachi reversed a genjutsu then said that one of THAT PARTICULAR LEVEL wouldn't work on him. Kurenai then broke the same genjutsu, and Itachi praised her skills.

You claim you aren't being a fanboy, but that's exactly what you're doing when you're going against what the author of the manga states to be fact.
Yeah, just to let you know that battle was between Neji Chuunin Exam vs. Kurenai, I'm not dealing with 'my feelings about Itachi', they're always gonna be < Kishi's created facts because its HIS character, why would they do what each fan wished?
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #9722
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

styles makes fights, i think neji during the chuunin exams gives kurenai during the chuunin exams a good fight, as i said already byakugan i believe would neutralize her greatest strength in genjutsu. intelliegnce combined with byakugan > her intelligence. his hand to hand combat is greater then hers and her ninjutsu is probably better than his although it hasnt been shown. neither has his.

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 04-06-2011 at 03:07 PM.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #9723
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
styles makes fights, i think neji during the chuunin exams gives kurenai a good fight during the chuunin exams
I don't agree with that. The Jounins reached Neji in a flash before he could land the killing blow on Hinata. There is no way he could even follow their movements let alone fight them to beat them. Kurenai may have been the newest Jounin that time, but she was still a Jounin, while Neji a 13 year old Genin who was no Uchiha Itachi... an ANBU Commander at the same age.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #9724
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,710 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
taking a few words out of a sentence can change its meaning and is taking it out of context. for the millionth time post the whole thing and show me where it says it. what you posted could mean something totally different then what you are claiming and makes more sense if it did based on the manga
What I posted was the entire databook entry. I've said that before. Nothing was taken out of it.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #9725
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
I don't agree with that. The Jounins reached Neji in a flash before he could land the killing blow on Hinata. There is no way he could even follow their movements let alone fight them to beat them. Kurenai may have been the newest Jounin that time, but she was still a Jounin, while Neji a 13 year old Genin who was no Uchiha Itachi... an ANBU Commander at the same age.
this was after being in the forrest of death for numerous days, then fighting hinata directly after in the preliminarys. its not like he was fresh and lets be honest he has the byakugan, if he had it activated he obviously would see her movements. shes not that fast
Old 04-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #9726
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Yeah, just to let you know that battle was between Neji Chuunin Exam vs. Kurenai, I'm not dealing with 'my feelings about Itachi', they're always gonna be < Kishi's created facts because its HIS character, why would they do what each fan wished?
I know it was about Neji vs Kurenai. But someone brought up Kurenai's genjutsu skills, and I said they were said to rival Itachi's according to the databook. Animefan is being an Itachi fanboy and refuses to admit the databook stated they were equal skilled in genjutsu, even when I posted it.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #9727
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
What I posted was the entire databook entry. I've said that before. Nothing was taken out of it.
and as i arleady said if thats the whole thing then what you are claiming doesnt make sense, it makes more sense that it was referring to them before he left the village.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #9728
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
and as i arleady said if thats the whole thing then what you are claiming doesnt make sense, it makes more sense that it was referring to them before he left the village.
...how does it not make sense? Kishi said Kurenai excels in genjutsu, which everyone already knew. He then compared her skills to Itachi's, who was one of the top genjutsu users in the village, and said their skills were equal. What part of that doesn't make sense to you?

This shit isn't rocket science. Kishi said their skills were equal so they're equal.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #9729
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
this was after being in the forrest of death for numerous days, then fighting hinata directly after in the preliminarys. its not like he was fresh and lets be honest he has the byakugan, if he had it activated he obviously would see her movements. shes not that fast
You do realize we're not talking about matching her move for move. We're talking about beating her?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #9730
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
...how does it not make sense? Kishi said Kurenai excels in genjutsu, which everyone already knew. He then compared her skills to Itachi's, who was one of the top genjutsu users in the village, and said their skills were equal. What part of that doesn't make sense to you?

This shit isn't rocket science. Kishi said their skills were equal so they're equal.
"She excels in genjutsu, catching Itachi in it, a game between their equal genjutsu skills developed."

this is what the actual context was you claim. i have explained like 10x times already. in the manga he sees right through her genjutsu and reverses it like its childs play. this is indication of him being on a higher level not to mention he has more powerful genjutsu abilities as well.

you claim that catching itachi in it refers to when she had itachi in the genjutsu in the manga, i disagree becuase the next part about a game between there equal genjutsu skills developing from that doesnt make any sense since he saw through her genjutsu, reversed it and had her defeated in seconds. if she caught itachi in it means while he was still in the village she caught up to itachis level and a game between their equal skills developed that would make more sense
Old 04-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #9731
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Just to show the difference between Jounin & pre-Genin... Rock Lee was about to be Gaara's 2nd victim in Desert Coffin with Might Gai jumps down with the quicks, and smacks his sand away EFFORTLESSLY. Get the whole picture in your mind before you start saying 'so what'. THIS, (Gaara) was one of few named shinobi that had killed before, had a bijuu in him, and Gai didn't 'power up', or go 'gates' to stop his attempt at his 'finishing' move. People really need to stop living off of what they believe simply because they 'like' a character, and compare him/her for real with whats in ink. Gennins aren't in Jounins neighborhood.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
Wolverine (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #9732
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Just to show the difference between Jounin & pre-Genin... Rock Lee was about to be Gaara's 2nd victim in Desert Coffin with Might Gai jumps down with the quicks, and smacks his sand away EFFORTLESSLY. Get the whole picture in your mind before you start saying 'so what'. THIS, (Gaara) was one of few named shinobi that had killed before, had a bijuu in him, and Gai didn't 'power up', or go 'gates' to stop his attempt at his 'finishing' move. People really need to stop living off of what they believe simply because they 'like' a character, and compare him/her for real with whats in ink. Gennins aren't in Jounins neighborhood.
1. gai is stronger then kurenai, 2. lee probably could have dont the same to the sand as well if he was not already half dead. 3. gaara was extremely worn out when he attacked. 4. styles makes fights. byakugan will neutralizer her greatest strength. he is superior in hand to hand combat and insight with the byakygan.

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 04-06-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #9733
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

seriously stop comparing how another jounin did against a genin, two completely differnet fighters, styles, and levels. not even relevant.

you think lee could beat kurenai with out genjutsu? i think he would beat her. opening those gates he would beat her badly

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 04-06-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #9734
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
1. gai is stronger then kurenai, 2. lee probably could have dont the same to the sand as well if he was not already half dead. 3. gaara was extremely worn out when he attacked. 4. styles makes fights. byakugan will neutralizer her greatest strength. he is superior in hand to hand combat and insight with the byakygan.
I'll use your formula with my words before...

1. Kurnai is stronger than Neji

2. (BULLSHIT LOL) Lee never 'smacked the sand away', he was running from it, dodging it, and getting battered by it, LMAO, and all of these reasons was why he was 'half dead', before getting his bones crushed, LMAO Rock Lee woulda did shit.

3. BULLSHIT AGAIN, Gaara had just snapped bones in that Rock Bitch and he was going all out for the kill, so now he sent 'tired sand' because thats how it is in your world? LMAO. Dude deal in facts. Like for instance, stop guessing, and assuming, and post ANYWHERE beyond your belief that Hyuuga's are invunerable to genjutsu please. Otherwise all you're doing is arguing with people about shit in your mind, but not in the manga.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #9735
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

would lee beat kurenai with out genjutsu?

i think lee would beat her badly, but you would say oh he is jsut a genin