What book are you currently reading? - Page 72 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Literature

Literature Talk about books that you have read.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #1066
alengrew
Missing-Nin

alengrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What book are you currently reading?

currently i am reading Harry Potter. nice story.
alengrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #1067
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

3rd book of Pretty Little Liars.
And studying in the book that helps with ACT. *vien pops*
Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #1068
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SassyLady- View Post
And studying in the book that helps with ACT. *vien pops*
? Does this relate to me?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #1069
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
3rd book of Pretty Little Liars.
Alison is actually her twin sister Courtney, who was murdered by the real Alison because Courtney pretended to be Alison when their parents sent her away to boarding school because she was an evil bitch who is now dead because the real Alison came back and murdered the shit out of her and all of Alison's friends never knew the real Alison.

Last edited by Mal; 04-01-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #1070
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Alison is actually her twin sister Courtney, who was murdered by the real Alison because Courtney pretended to be Alison when their parents sent her away to boarding school because she was an evil bitch who is now dead because the real Alison came back and murdered the shit out of her and all of Alison's friends never knew the real Alison.
Thanks. I can ditch the shit now cause my cousin was so eager to have me read the whole damn series.

Speaking which on Vladimir Todd first book (8th grade bites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
? Does this relate to me?
No it's a Test we have to take as Juniors in high School.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #1071
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Glad I could help. My sister insisted on telling me all about how awesome the books were when I was watching the show with her once.

It's vital to note I was watching it with her so I could judge the physical attractiveness of the actors. None of them are all that attractive, especially the one my sister described as the "hot one."
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #1072
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No it's a Test we have to take as Juniors in high School.
I got either a 27 or 28 on it when I took it, with no prepping. That equals out to an 1860 or 1920 on the SAT for those that aren't from the United States.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #1073
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I got either a 27 or 28 on it when I took it, with no prepping. That equals out to an 1860 or 1920 on the SAT for those that aren't from the United States.
Really that's good, I just hope I will do or get at least a decent score. I have to take it tomorrow morning around 8:00am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Glad I could help. My sister insisted on telling me all about how awesome the books were when I was watching the show with her once.

It's vital to note I was watching it with her so I could judge the physical attractiveness of the actors. None of them are all that attractive, especially the one my sister described as the "hot one."
LOL, I thought so too but was disappointed that none of them really looked all that great.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #1074
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
^ Most people who've read [Life of Pi] are divided between love and hate on that one. I'm interested to hear your take once you are done.
Well, I didn't love the book, but I did find it very entertaining. The plot was easy to follow without being childish, it was fairly amusing throughout, and the take on religion was refreshingly different from what I've read.

In the end I choose to believe that Pi's story involving the tiger was the true version. His short and concise version, where the ship's survivors are people rather than the animals, was a brilliant addition to the story that gives legitimate reason to the whole thing being made up as a coping mechanism. But, again, I choose to believe he survived with a tiger, ended up on a carnivorous seaweed monster with meerkats, then landed in Mexico and let Richard Parker escape.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #1075
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Well, I didn't love the book, but I did find it very entertaining. The plot was easy to follow without being childish, it was fairly amusing throughout, and the take on religion was refreshingly different from what I've read.
I had a very similar opinion. I say many are divided between love and hate because, being a Canadian book, it was trumpeted to the highest hall and many were driven to read it based on that. I think the book was a lot different that most people were expecting and weren't able to get into it or missed the point and ended up hating it.

For me, being somewhere in the middle in terms of enjoying it, I took the story of the tiger as a fabrication made unconsciously by Pi's brain to help him deal with the stress and violence that he endured; a convention that allowed him to internalize everything he was seeing without experiencing a mental break. So he believes it and to him it is true but the real truth (probably told to him from what others think happened) is something different and unprovable. Still a bit cryptic and vague in the end, but that's where I stood.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #1076
ACt
Heart Wizard

Just started "A Wise Man's Fear: Day 2 of The Kingkiller Chronicles." by Patrick Rothfuss. I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again: if you like fantasy novels, if you read fantasy novels, if you have ever even read a portion of a fantasy novel and didn't end up wretching in disgust - READ THIS SERIES! It is one of the best I've ever read in all of literature.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #1077
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
For me, being somewhere in the middle in terms of enjoying it, I took the story of the tiger as a fabrication made unconsciously by Pi's brain to help him deal with the stress and violence that he endured; a convention that allowed him to internalize everything he was seeing without experiencing a mental break. So he believes it and to him it is true but the real truth (probably told to him from what others think happened) is something different and unprovable. Still a bit cryptic and vague in the end, but that's where I stood.
Found a quote in the book about how human skeletons make a mess inside of a boat. Fabricated tiger story is most likely fabricated. Still, I'm going to ignore it and believe he survived with a Bengal tiger like a boss.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #1078
gaarasandchick13
Jounin

gaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud of

Sadly, I haven't had time for leisurely reading, but in Shakespeare I just recently read Troilus and Cressida. Mildly enjoyable... For Shakespeare. I like the internet summaries better than the actual play. haha
gaarasandchick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #1079
sakurablossem123
"amaterasu mother to all"

sakurablossem123 has a spectacular aura aboutsakurablossem123 has a spectacular aura aboutsakurablossem123 has a spectacular aura aboutsakurablossem123 has a spectacular aura about

Ive benn recently reading the warrior cats. I'm on the third set with the three cats jayfeather, hollyleaf, and lionblaze oh and in between those I readingscott pilgram XD

Co-Owner of the Naruto RPG FC

Okami Amaterasu

Last edited by sakurablossem123; 04-27-2011 at 12:43 AM.
sakurablossem123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #1080
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Just got finshed with Tagged by Mara Purahgen and that was interesting quit good actually. Now going to read Hot Plastic by Peter Craig.