VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!] - Page 651 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 04-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #9751
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,058 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
/headdesk. Holy fuck I didn't think anyone could be this dense.

For the last time, there was NO CONTEXT to that statement. That statement wasn't set in a particular time or fight. It was a blanket statement of her skills by comparing them to one of the best genjutsu users in Konoha. Kishi stated, in his own work, that Kurenai's skill with genjutsu rivals Itachi's. The genjutsu you keep alluding to Itachi flat out stated was below him, I've never argued that fact. Itachi said "a genjutsu of that level is useless against me", and then proceeded to say "as expected of Kurenai" in a form of praise when she broke his counter genjutsu, which means "BITCH STEP UP YOUR GAME!". He was telling her to stop holding back and take him seriously.

You keep fanboying Itachi when the damn author has proved you wrong. Give it up already.
Or he'll subtract whatever power vs. the opponent he desires to win, and call it plausible and ask you too agree with his hypothesis. How do I know, I USED TO DO THE SHIT ALL THE TIME. But like most things I evolved, stopped fanticizing so much, started dealing in faktz like them or not, and accept what is, and what is not. Example 2 people posted databook entries proving their point. Until u find, then pass on your theory of Hyuugas being immune to genjutsu I wouln't speak on that ever again, it would mean your credibility is nothing, your facts are infected with fantasy. This is like 'the Madness' in Soul Eater, you don't seem to know ur doing this.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
kael03 (04-06-2011), Wolverine (04-06-2011)

Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #9752
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,724 Times in 3,845 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I noticed that he was trying to take away Kurenai's specialty to give a genin a shot at winning. And sorry, but until it's otherwise stated, the Byakugan doesn't render the user immune to genjutsu. The only thing it does is allow the use to see the chakra disruption on a genjutsu victim (as Ao did with Mifune during the summit) and trace it back to its origins.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #9753
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I noticed that he was trying to take away Kurenai's specialty to give a genin a shot at winning. And sorry, but until it's otherwise stated, the Byakugan doesn't render the user immune to genjutsu. The only thing it does is allow the use to see the chakra disruption on a genjutsu victim (as Ao did with Mifune during the summit) and trace it back to its origins.
He does that a lot, with his created odds, which is interesting in a conversation, but in actual fights here we don't add or subtract abilities, thats mathematics. We deal in battles, whatever the puke was born by Kishi with, thats what his ass comes to the dance with.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #9754
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about

I don't know but I feel I've got to give my 2 cents, the discussion is part one Neji vs Kurenai right?
Well from what I've read so far if byakugan can see through visual type genjutsus it would help Neji a lot in that fight. But we don't know that for sure. I mean we could assume it gives some protection since byakugan is a very different sensory perception than normal sight or even sharingan. With byakugan everything is observed including the chakra that is being send towards you, if that helps we don't know. But another thing that could help Neji counter genjutsu is his good chakra control, Neji can send out his chakra from every pore in his body so that would suggest Neji has a good control over his body chakra flow. Since genjutsu works by changing the chakra flow of your opponent or manipulating the chakras of the opponent, Neji could easily notice something is wrong (in theory). That probably depends on the type of genjutsu though.
So basically it's a question of whether byakuugan counters visual genjutsu (links with byakugan users getting caught in such genjutsu would resolve that question, or links where byakugan user counters visual genjutsu).
I think someone with byakugan activated would be caught in a genjutsu, it would just be observed a little differently (through byakugan lens). BUT if the same user deactivates byakugan, then the picture will reset and he will release himself from genjutsu and vice versa (byakugan user with inactive byakugan could activate byakugan to change his perspective and release genjutsu).

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #9755
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
I don't know but I feel I've got to give my 2 cents, the discussion is part one Neji vs Kurenai right?
Well from what I've read so far if byakugan can see through visual type genjutsus it would help Neji a lot in that fight. But we don't know that for sure. I mean we could assume it gives some protection since byakugan is a very different sensory perception than normal sight or even sharingan. With byakugan everything is observed including the chakra that is being send towards you, if that helps we don't know. But another thing that could help Neji counter genjutsu is his good chakra control, Neji can send out his chakra from every pore in his body so that would suggest Neji has a good control over his body chakra flow. Since genjutsu works by changing the chakra flow of your opponent or manipulating the chakras of the opponent, Neji could easily notice something is wrong (in theory). That probably depends on the type of genjutsu though.
So basically it's a question of whether byakuugan counters visual genjutsu (links with byakugan users getting caught in such genjutsu would resolve that question, or links where byakugan user counters visual genjutsu).
I think someone with byakugan activated would be caught in a genjutsu, it would just be observed a little differently (through byakugan lens). BUT if the same user deactivates byakugan, then the picture will reset and he will release himself from genjutsu and vice versa (byakugan user with inactive byakugan could activate byakugan to change his perspective and release genjutsu).
Then also take into the equation the time, we're talking about Neji during the Chuunin Exams, so thats even before his 'epic' battle with Kidomaru. His abilites in my honest belief weren't good enough to take down a Jounin, to the death???? Uh - uhn, nope.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #9756
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Then also take into the equation the time, we're talking about Neji during the Chuunin Exams, so thats even before his 'epic' battle with Kidomaru. His abilites in my honest belief weren't good enough to take down a Jounin, to the death???? Uh - uhn, nope.
well your honest belief in most cases is extremely delusional, you are seriously clueless is most arguements specially if sasuke is brought up.
i already showed you that genin lee would take down kurenai with out her genjutsu ability and im pretty sure everyone would agree. this was shown so that you would stop wiht this genin abilities arent good enough to win against a jounin because neji would counter her genjutsu most likely with whats been shown in the manga so it would be the same scenario of her with out genjutsu. on top of that lee at that time was saving the gates to fight neji so he could possiblly beat him. thats how strong he is. hes not just a genin, hes the hyuugas genius. whats the difference what rank, you think a genin naruto cant beat a jounin becuase hes a genin? thats all you say is hes a genin so he cant win, you dont have any good arguements at all, its not even worth responding.

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 04-07-2011 at 07:22 AM.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #9757
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
well your honest belief in most cases is extremely delusional, you are seriously clueless is most arguements specially if sasuke is brought up.
i already showed you that genin lee would take down kurenai with out her genjutsu ability and im pretty sure everyone would agree. this was shown so that you would stop wiht this genin abilities arent good enough to win against a jounin because neji would counter her genjutsu most likely with whats been shown in the manga so it would be the same scenario of her with out genjutsu. on top of that lee at that time was saving the gates to fight neji so he could possiblly beat him. thats how strong he is. hes not just a genin, hes the hyuugas genius. whats the difference what rank, you think a genin naruto cant beat a jounin becuase hes a genin? thats all you say is hes a genin so he cant win, you dont have any good arguements at all, its not even worth responding.
I'm a realist Sasuke at that time woulda got assraped by every Jounin I've seen. Additionally look at the entire situation, and think about the entirety of it. At that time Sasuke had just got bitten by Oro, couldn't control the CS, and his power fluctuated like crazy because he just got it. He didn't have a real measure of control until he hooked up with the Sound Nin. So in the set situation of Sasuke during that time would perished to Kakashi, Asuma, Gai, Kurenai, Baki, Yamato, should I continue this list? The thing you're not putting into account also is this, beyond Kakashi learning Kamui, what new techs has these 'sorry', and 'beatable' Jounins learned that weve known about, NOTHING. So for example during the Chuunin Exams when Gai jumped down to save Rock, he had THE SAME ABILITIES HE USED TO TAKE KISAME APART AT THAT TIME. Now please don't add to the story and say he went on a pilgramage somewhere by himself outside of the manga since that time and did some heave training on his own. So be reasonable, 'Gaara was tired, thats why Gai could smack away his attack', go back to the manga watch Gai take Kisame apart, look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself the possibilites of a Genin defeating a Jounin. Don't go off on a tangent with your imagination, and what you wish were true, stick to whats in ink.

KISHI GAVE KURENAI GENJUTSU ABILITIES ON PAR WITH ITACHI, WHY WOULD I TALK TO YOU ABOUT AN IMAGINARY BATTLE IN WHICH YOU NEGATE WHAT THE AUTHOR CREATED. WHY NOT GIVE LEE A BIJUU WHILE YOUR AT IT AND AT LEAST A RINNENGAN THEN, NOW ASK THE DUMB ASSED QUESTION, 'WHO'D WIN'. ANSWER THE CHARACTER YOU RIGGED TO WIN IN THE FIRST PLACE. THESE ARE YOUR FANTASIES, FANTASIES HAVE NO PLACE IN BATTLES HERE.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 04-07-2011 at 09:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
kael03 (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #9758
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Choji wins

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #9759
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about

We don't know all of Kurenai's abilities, but she is probably strong (since she is a jounin). I think she would win against chuunin exam Neji because Neji was very unstable at that time and he would probably make a mistake of underestimating Kurenai, but Neji from the rescue Sasuke arc would win because he was more mature then.
This is all going on the assumption Neji would be good at defending against genjutsu.
In first case Neji would defend against a couple of genjutsus and then get all arrogant about byakugan thinking he will beat Kurenai with just his foot. Then Kurenai would win because she has other skills as well since she is a jounin and probably knows how to counter byakugan somehow. The other case is where Neji is mature enough not to underestimate her and keeps his guard up so he deflects all her attacks and wins.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #9760
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

You guys do realize that Kurenai was just a "new" Jounin, but a Jounin nonetheless. Which means, she went through the same Jounin exams with the same rules and requirements as the other Jounin, which automatically puts her above a normal Genin, even a genius like Neji.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #9761
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,724 Times in 3,845 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
You guys do realize that Kurenai was just a "new" Jounin, but a Jounin nonetheless. Which means, she went through the same Jounin exams with the same rules and requirements as the other Jounin, which automatically puts her above a normal Genin, even a genius like Neji.
We do. Animefan, however, wants to gimp her in any way to make her lose a fight against anyone. She specializes in genjutsu, so he wants to take her genjutsu away to let a genin like Lee win. He's giving the Byakugan abilities it doesn't have to let Neji (who lost to Naruto, I might add) win.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #9762
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,333 Times in 4,062 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

In terms of actual skill they would be considered equal however Itachi has natural resistance & ability for genjutsu because of his sharingan. I'll try to dumb this down for the retarded. Two boxers with equal skill get into a fight. One boxer is 56 years old 5'4" 140LBS while the other boxer is 27 years old 6'3" 205LBS. Guess which boxer is going to win?

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
kael03 (04-07-2011), Wolverine (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #9763
NeoKakarott023

And sorry I've never seen Gaara tired, or worn out, I've seen him knocked unconsious by Deidara's explosives, or on total beast mode, I've never seen him breath hard, or send a half assed 'im tired' jutsu.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #9764
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,333 Times in 4,062 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Just wanted to add in that Kurenai caught both Itachi & Kisame in the genjutsu before it got reversed. Once reversed she was able to cancel it fast enough to duck & block hits from Itachi.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 04-07-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #9765
superninja
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
In terms of actual skill they would be considered equal however Itachi has natural resistance & ability for genjutsu because of his sharingan. I'll try to dumb this down for the retarded. Two boxers with equal skill get into a fight. One boxer is 56 years old 5'4" 140LBS while the other boxer is 27 years old 6'3" 205LBS. Guess which boxer is going to win?
Itachi even without sharingan is faster at casting genjutsu than Kurenai, his finger genjutsu didn't require hand seals and he casted a two layer genjutsu on Naruto while fighting Kakashi at the same time. Itachi's hand seal speed is faster anyway so even for genjutsu that requires hand seals Itachi would be the one to cast the genjutsu faster if we assume Kurenai and Itachi have the same genjutsu knowledge.
With sharingan, it gives the extra advantage to Itachi because he can cast more genjutsus without hand seals and it gives him a defense against genjutsu.

Lastly, Itachi is probably smarter than Kurenai and that gives him an advantage in a genjutsu battle because it affects the way the genjutsu is used.
So, Itachi without sharingan vs Kurenai in a purely genjutsu battle, winner is Itachi.