Osama Bin Laden Is Dead - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #31
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

I like how someone questioning anything about it is automatically labeled as "conspiracy theorist". I do not, and I repeat myself, I do NOT:

1) Think Osama is still alive. Like all of you, I believe he's dead.
2) Think this isn't important. I believe this is one of the greatest events of modern warfare/politics.
3) Think there's some kind of scheme behind not giving the body for independent autopsy. I just find it odd, probably due to cultural dissonance.
4) Think putting the body in the sea is stupid. I know why it was done, I just mentioned that won't stop in any way from his followers building a shrine in his memories. Humans are persistent like that.

Now can some of you stop belittling me for pointing out what I find questionable?

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #32
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

^Haha.

But seriously, I don't get the "lol y no autopsy?" thing. What the fuck do they need to do an autopsy for? Cause of death is pretty obvious. You can get DNA samples with a few q-tips. Height, pics, whatever don't require an autopsy. Etc.

Is there some sort of protocol that is supposed to be followed when a goddamn terrorist leader gets his shit ruined or some shit that I'm not aware of?
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Playa (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

But without an autopsy, how will we find his WMDs?
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-02-2011), Kina (05-02-2011), Miburo (05-02-2011), Playa (05-02-2011), Tzu Men (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #34
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Is there some sort of protocol that is supposed to be followed when a goddamn terrorist leader gets his shit ruined or some shit that I'm not aware of?
The UN protocol when it comes to human executions and remains.

Anyone correct me if I'm mistaken, but anyone on the organization that shows/might show interest in the execution/remains should have the means to perform an investigation/autopsy or at least get access to the results of the investigation/autopsy.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #35
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
The UN protocol when it comes to human executions and remains.

Anyone correct me if I'm mistaken, but anyone on the organization that shows/might show interest in the execution/remains should have the means to perform an investigation/autopsy or at least get access to the results of the investigation/autopsy.
Link?

Edit: Also, it wasn't an execution.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #36
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
As Mibs said, it wasn't an execution. It was a firefight, started in retaliation to Osama and/or his cohorts reaching for weapons. This is the official report, and, for once, I'm going to take my government's word for it. Brennan (assistant to Homeland Security, in case anyone doesn't know) was very open about details of the operation, such as the contingency that Osama would willingly surrender. So, it wasn't a simple "GET IN THERE AND FUCK HIS SHIT UP." It was an operation to eliminate Osama, either through deadly force or apprehending him. Osama's actions prompted the SEALs to go with Plan A, which was put a bullet through his dome.

As for autopsy, oh boy. Could you imagine the political and cultural backlash from the extremist Muslim community from "desecrating" his body? It's "bad" enough that the USA (USA! USA! USA!) finally killed him. But if the USA performed the autopsy or if the USA handed the body over to be dissected? I'd rather not step on al Qaeda's toes like that. Also, the only organizations that would be interested in such a thing are terrorist cells. I don't think America openly deals with terrorists. Pakistan, and the international community, will get the results when the American government figures it all out and releases the info itself. Yes, it will have a lot of black highlighter on the paper. But it's definitely better than nothing.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #37
Numinous

Quote:
Edit: Also, it wasn't an execution.
I know it wasn't an execution, I'm not stupid.

But I guess I'm wrong, I checked the UN protocol on remains and it only applies to executions and deaths with unknown cause, it does not apply to deaths with high interest.

Quote:
Also, the only organizations that would be interested in such a thing are terrorist cells.
The US weren't the only country affected by Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda, but as you said, the reports will suffice.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (05-02-2011), Miburo (05-02-2011), Playa (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #38
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The US weren't the only country affected by Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda, but as you said, the reports will suffice.
That is a good point; however, I'm sure the only nations/organizations who are going to call the operation into question (as in denial, conspiracy, violation of Geneva Convention) are Muslim extremists or anti-West. Could you imagine France, England, or Canada seriously doubting any details about this operation? Pakistan, Iran, and North Korea, on the other hand, can kiss my ass if they ask too many questions.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #39
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,675 Times in 677 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
^Haha.

But seriously, I don't get the "lol y no autopsy?" thing. What the fuck do they need to do an autopsy for? Cause of death is pretty obvious. You can get DNA samples with a few q-tips. Height, pics, whatever don't require an autopsy. Etc.

The problem is not with why they didn't do an autopsy,the problem is why every thing happened so damn fast and with no evidence other than obama's statement (if you can call that evidence),you know the US better than me..you know the US government would rather keep the guy alive in a jar for a while for American's entertainment before applying justice on him,and you also know that the Us Navy could've capture the guy alive without spilling his morning coffee (specially since they already mentioned that they ambushed the guy in a shelter with only 2 other men and a woman) but obviously they killed him because they got orders of kill-on-sight,why? I have no idea..but am pretty sure the Us government can afford risking some soldiers lives to capture Osama alive once they can locate him.

Also if the guy's corps is being buried where no one can find it..it's because it's better for America that this body becomes no where to be found or retrieved. the US government was never that caring or sentimental,They don't give a shit about muslims rituals or pissing off the muslim socity when it comes to whats better for AMERICA.

tl;dr Osama was better off captured for farther humiliation and stronger American victory,yet he got intentionally killed while his death could've been avoided.
Osama's corps was better to be kept for a while as a matter of bragging about America's CIA superiority,yet they quickly got red of the body.

So what conspiracy do i have in mind? Osama being already dead and the US poltted to take credit for it. and don't get me wrong,i don't mean to be a party pooper but if someone wants me to believe there story they better not leave much question marks. i hope the next hours can bring something to prove the righteousness of this news.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #40
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
That is a good point; however, I'm sure the only nations/organizations who are going to call the operation into question (as in denial, conspiracy, violation of Geneva Convention) are Muslim extremists or anti-West. Could you imagine France, England, or Canada seriously doubting any details about this operation? Pakistan, Iran, and North Korea, on the other hand, can kiss my ass if they ask too many questions.
Hey, we stopped our supposed Al Qaeda-linked terror plot. No biggy - Bin Laden wasn't that great.

However, I just heard a member of Team Six regretfully tell the truth about the whole body disposal at sea... they were helicoptering the body in for a full autopsy, but someone forgot to strap him in and... whoops. The official quote was "hey, he was dead! we didn't think he was going anywhere... it's not like it was weekend at bernies!"
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-02-2011), Numinous (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #41
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

@Nero-That's...really reaching. To put it nicely.

I hate the whole "could have done it without killing the dude" thing. That might be true, but why risk it? It's harder to capture a dude alive than kill him. These are people that blow themselves up all the fucking time, after all. No reason to risk lives. It's not worth it. Just shoot the faggot.

You say it's better to humiliate him and shit? How? We got the dude, so we already look good. Having the dude alive would just provoke batshit insane hardcore muslim fags that much more. Seriously, those people are like fucking animals. They aren't rational, at all. They flip out and behead dudes because someone in florida burned a book. Dragging shit out will just make them go all savage and shit over there for that much longer. Nice, neat, and quick is definitely the intelligent way to go on this one.

If they're lying about anything, it's probably the proper burial thing. They probably just heave-ho'd him off the side of the boat and lol'd. Who cares. Dude was a douchebag. Fuck that guy, and fuck anyone who gives a fuck.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-02-2011), Darth-Nero (05-02-2011), Demi-God (05-02-2011), Kinako (05-02-2011), Playa (05-02-2011), Tzu Men (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #42
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough

Fuck that clown. Stars and Stripes in this bitch.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kinako For This Useful Post:
Shadowblade (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #43
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
The problem is not with why they didn't do an autopsy,the problem is why every thing happened so damn fast and with no evidence other than obama's statement (if you can call that evidence),
Here's an article detailing why it was hush-hush:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42858824...en//?GT1=43001
In short, the cream of the crop took out the son-of-a-bitch. Practice runs, black-op procedures, quick, and methodical. It took a lot of intel and preparation to get this underway. Even then, Obama authorized the hit without a unanimous decision from his board of advisers.

Quote:
you know the US better than me..you know the US government would rather keep the guy alive in a jar for a while for American's entertainment before applying justice on him,and you also know that the Us Navy could've capture the guy alive without spilling his morning coffee (specially since they already mentioned that they ambushed the guy in a shelter with only 2 other men and a woman) but obviously they killed him because they got orders of kill-on-sight,why?
Do you know why this administration is different from the last? Because this administration is more open to the public with information that is very relevant to our interests. Bush's administration dragged its feet when it came to anything regarding the war on terror, the war in Afghanistan, and especially the war in Iraq. Obama's administration is geared towards pulling our troops out of those shit hole countries and bringing them back home. Morale has been in the shitter ever since 9/11, and now we can finally breathe a sigh of relief now that the mastermind, the figurehead of al Qaeda is feeding the Goddamn sharks with his body. Also, it wasn't just Osama, a son, a wife, and the two brothers that were killed. It was twenty-two people, total, that were killed or captured. This isn't a Goddamn video game where you can outwit buggy AI by hiding in some shadows while sneaking into a base with a perfectly (and unrealistically) silenced machine gun to capture some flag. No, there were helicopters, there were high tensions, there were lookouts, they were in territory that they weren't necessarily supposed to be in, and there was one terrorist mastermind who needed to be eliminated. Nothing short of Sam Fisher gadgets and contrivance would get into that base unnoticed. So, that is why a firefight broke out. There was a team of elite agents taking on a team of al Qaeda militants.

Quote:
I have no idea..but am pretty sure the Us government can afford risking some soldiers lives to capture Osama alive once they can locate him.
Fuck you. Our government cares about every soldier, every citizen. Even though the politicians are asinine buffoons, they do not waste lives willy-nilly. Other countries? Yes, their military is nothing more than throwing bodies into the fray until their enemy runs out of ammunition. America doesn't work that way. America makes sure that there's sufficient evidence to risk putting soldiers' lives on the line.
Quote:
Also if the guy's corps is being buried where no one can find it..it's because it's better for America that this body becomes no where to be found or retrieved. the US government was never that caring or sentimental,They don't give a shit about muslims rituals or pissing off the muslim socity when it comes to whats better for AMERICA.
It's better for Osama bin Laden to be buried at sea rather than taken to any Western nation because his corpse would not be defiled and desecrated. It's better for America because we would not be further painted as utter barbarians in the eyes of the Muslim world for blatantly disregarding another culture's beliefs and customs.

America is populated by people of every race, every religion. While America does not have a perfect track record of tolerance, it is sure as fuck better than those shit hole countries we're fighting. Do not bitch about America being intolerant of Muslim beliefs when footage of American soldiers are being beheaded by Muslim extremists on videos posted on the Internet. Quite frankly, Osama bin Laden is lucky to get any kind of proper burial at all. Because of what his followers have done to my people, to the soldiers that deserve every ounce of Goddamn respect from the world, he is so fucking lucky that anyone who complains about the circumstances of his death and burial needs to remember exactly what we could have done to him.

I will gladly admit that I would have liked to seen his head impaled on a pike, but I know better than that. I believe every person deserves better treatment than that, because we live in an era of civility and, believe it or not, dignity. At least, the Western world does. I don't know about the Middle East. So, any Muslim extremists who are (or Muslims who happen to be) upset about his burial need to take a step back and think about how America put aside the petty bullshit of cultural intolerance that those particular Muslim nations thrive in.

This is not a war on Islam. This is a war on those who would do America harm, and if they happen to be Muslim, so be it.

Quote:
tl;dr Osama was better off captured for farther humiliation and stronger American victory,yet he got intentionally killed while his death could've been avoided.
Osama's corps was better to be kept for a while as a matter of bragging about America's CIA superiority,yet they quickly got red of the body.
You know what, that's utterly fucking ridiculous. America does its best to preserve the dignity of enemies of the state. Yes, there have been major fuck ups. However, America did everything in its power to make amends, even if the efforts seem petty in comparison.

Osama bin Laden brought his death upon himself. The strike team was given orders that if he had shown believable intent to give himself up then he was to be captured, rather than killed. From the official report (and yes, I do believe my Goddamn government {not all governments are so utterly corrupt that they need to be overthrown by the people, you know}), Osama reached for a weapon while using his wife as a human shield. Same as law enforcement over here, if a suspect reaches for a weapon you are allowed to open fire. He was cleanly killed (double tap, according to the article), not butchered like some animal.

The CIA doesn't need to brag about its superiority with a body. The fact that their intel and operatives killed the bastards speaks volumes about their competency. And that's all they've needed to keep working and operational. Just the sheer satisfaction of a job well done.

Quote:
So what conspiracy do i have in mind? Osama being already dead and the US poltted to take credit for it. and don't get me wrong,i don't mean to be a party pooper but if someone wants me to believe there story they better not leave much question marks. i hope the next hours can bring something to prove the righteousness of this news.
Every story is going to have question marks. Information has to be withheld until everything is sorted out. One phrase out of context or improperly worded can cause repercussions on an international level. Quite frankly, I was shocked by CNN's "Breaking News: Osama bin Laden is Dead" headline. That's rather blunt and gives no context as to what happened. So, deal with having questions until the information is released. The full report and details won't be declassified until we're all old, anyways. But this operation sure has a lot less holes than others, so be grateful that any details were released at all.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #44
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough

America Mufuckas!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kinako For This Useful Post:
Shadowblade (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #45
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Yeah, Kinako, we get it. You are excited enough by the death of a 54 year old to swear and beat your chest with pride. You don't need to keep telling us about it.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
-SassyLady- (05-03-2011), Kinako (05-02-2011), Miburo (05-02-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-03-2011)