Games and all things related - Page 50 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #736
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Games and all things related

I have high hopes for L.A. Noire. And I'm not entirely sure why...

Here, you rabid animals...

Last edited by LonelyNinja; 05-06-2011 at 12:53 AM.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Axiom (05-06-2011), Demi-God (05-06-2011)

Old 05-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #737
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Peer pressure, love it. Now buy some damn games.

Edit: Survived the melee tournament as last man standing, 30 knockdowns.

Proof:

Last edited by Demi-God; 05-06-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
manta (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #738
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

http://steamcommunity.com/id/uesugikenshin

Also holy shit at LA Noire being on three discs for the 360.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #739
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Lost Odyssey was on 4 discs, what's the big deal. They said you'll only have to switch twice anyway.

Man, I'm looking forward to LA Noire SO much. Rockstar <3
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Axiom (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #740
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Yeah they said the core story alone without side missions or DLC is 25-30 hours long, seem like it'll be awesome.

Finally finished Borderlands, so much fuckin' running around and a disappointing ending I though but meh, awesome game so it's alright. Kind of got bored of the side missions near the end so skipped some and just went for the plot missions instead. Gonna have to get the DLC packs next time they're on sale.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #741
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Why are we posting these again?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #742
Demi-God
BEST

Stop asking questions and do what the rest do.
Mal (05-07-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #743
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Who are you to dictate my actions?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #744
Demi-God
BEST

That guy that posted the first link to his Steam profile for SenninKorby which started the rest of you posting.

(Also, http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/06/ho...n-feels-on-pc/ <- These bastards got to play the first 10 hours of Deus Ex: HR)

Edit: More Skyrim news: http://www.gamepur.com/news/3549-eld...i-out-now.html

Not anything too huge.

Quote:
-Traps are more exciting and found in more areas as well as more puzzle type areas
-Alchemy has seen some minor tweaks, “works differently than Oblivion”
-More than 120 dungeons, plus over a 100 points of interest (side encounters)
-The Nine Divines and the Daedra are in the game, some of them offering unique quests.
-There are mammoths, wolves, deer, elk and rabbits.
-Mammoths are often near Giants.
-Story behind Giants and why they live in the wilderness
-Radiant AI for NPC’s include new animations to have them taking out various tasks such as cooking, building armor, working on leather, doing jobs, etc
-Special menus for such skills as cooking.
-There are raw and cooked versions of each food.
-Some are small dungeons spanning 15mins, to large 1-2 hour massive lairs
-In addition to using guilds, Bethesda is looking to provide top notch gameplay mechanics for warriors, wizards, and stealth players
Double Edit: Friday EA Steam Sale: Crysis and Crysis: Warhead for 75% off each

Last edited by Demi-God; 05-06-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Axiom (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #745
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

So excited for Saint's Row 3.

http://www.qj.net/ps3/news/initiatio...the-third.html

Quote:
If you want to come up with a collaboration with a friend, you can do come up too with a "dynamic duo" that will come in handy for co-op play. This new feature will be made available across the board - PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
LN, I know you feel this.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-06-2011), Tzu Men (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #746
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Fuck Hell & Hell mode in DMC4. And fuck Dante in that game. Causes severe brain damage and raging, which brings destruction to joypads and shit.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #747
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
LN, I know you feel this.
My body is ready.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #748
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Yeah they said the core story alone without side missions or DLC is 25-30 hours long, seem like it'll be awesome.

Finally finished Borderlands, so much fuckin' running around and a disappointing ending I though but meh, awesome game so it's alright. Kind of got bored of the side missions near the end so skipped some and just went for the plot missions instead. Gonna have to get the DLC packs next time they're on sale.
What character do you play? I find that the game is slightly less boring and monotonous as Lilith than the others just because she can use phasewalk to heavily cut travel times.

The ending is really pathetic. It's somewhat better in Playthrough 2, thanks to THE PATCH. Though that was mostly because my character going into that one (Roland was my second file, Lilith my first) was already max level thanks to deliberately training him to max level. Before THE PATCH, the final boss didn't scale to your level, so if you had anything which upped the level cap (like General Knoxx), it would stay right around level 53. Which made it pathetically weak. After THE PATCH, it scaled, so facing the final boss at the same level as Crawmerax the Goddamn Invincible was quite a bit more satisfying. It also added about a half hour to the necessary playtime to kill the fucker.

Also get a Maliwan Hellfire asap. I repeat: GET A MALIWAN HELLFIRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. They are the best guns in the game practically without contest.

Time to fire up Portal 2 again for today.

EDIT: I love Repulsion Gel so much right now. I just know it's going to become a horrible asshole later.

EDIT2: Chapter 7 ahoy.

Last edited by AOTKorby; 05-06-2011 at 04:57 PM.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #749
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Lost Odyssey was on 4 discs, what's the big deal. They said you'll only have to switch twice anyway.

Man, I'm looking forward to LA Noire SO much. Rockstar <3
I hadn't realised that.

The multiple disc thing doesn't bother me, just surprised.

LA Noire looks awesome from what I've seen so far. I do find it a bit weird that main character is about the only person shown so far in previews to reside within the uncanny value. I guess it's because his model has to be able to do everything rather than just be a talking head behind a table. The game play where you guess whether people are lying via facial expressions is blatantly going to be hilarious fun. I am happily going to pay straight away from this game if I can.

Last edited by Tzu Men; 05-06-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Axiom (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #750
Demi-God
BEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenninKorby View Post
What character do you play? I find that the game is slightly less boring and monotonous as Lilith than the others just because she can use phasewalk to heavily cut travel times.

The ending is really pathetic. It's somewhat better in Playthrough 2, thanks to THE PATCH. Though that was mostly because my character going into that one (Roland was my second file, Lilith my first) was already max level thanks to deliberately training him to max level. Before THE PATCH, the final boss didn't scale to your level, so if you had anything which upped the level cap (like General Knoxx), it would stay right around level 53. Which made it pathetically weak. After THE PATCH, it scaled, so facing the final boss at the same level as Crawmerax the Goddamn Invincible was quite a bit more satisfying. It also added about a half hour to the necessary playtime to kill the fucker.

Also get a Maliwan Hellfire asap. I repeat: GET A MALIWAN HELLFIRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. They are the best guns in the game practically without contest.

Time to fire up Portal 2 again for today.

EDIT: I love Repulsion Gel so much right now. I just know it's going to become a horrible asshole later.
I finished it with a level 35 Berserker, got another level 29 Hunter because of his sniper awesomeness and Bloodwing. Haven't tried the other 2 classes but I most likely will sooner or later.

The ending was just meh, after talking about The Vault for so long during the game I don't know exactly what I expected from it, just something better than what I got. Destroyer was pretty easy to beat, just stand behind one of the pillars of rock and launch rockets at its shark vagina looking face then use the Berserk Rage ability to punch the extended arms and heal once it filled up.
But nooooo "The Vault is now closed for 200 years, give this to Tannis to collect some fucking money as a reward."

I'll probably try the other characters sooner or later and try to level up Brick to a higher level, I would go through the entire game just using his fists if that was possible. Best fun I had in Borderlands were using those fists.

Repulsion gel is awesome, becomes frustrating if you can't figure out one of the puzzles though. Just wait till you play co-op, used even better in there.