The Sony debacle. - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #31
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: The Sony debacle.

I get it, so "Anonymous" is like a corporation with their board of directors(AnonOps) and the other anonymous are just the shareholders. lulzy

manta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #32
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
That's stupid. I guess if someone breaks into your house then you weren't adequately secured, right? Doesn't matter what precautions you took. If you entire house is encased in 20 feet of concrete and sealed with a 10 foot think solid metal safe-type door. The fact that someone got in means you didn't have adequate protection against theft. You're no different than a guy who leaves his front door wide open in that regard.
The difference between your analogy and what happened is Sony knew that their system was compromised with Anonymous' initial video saying they had access to the user database but wouldn't touch it. The analogy of the guy that left his front door open compared to the Chernobyl defense is weak. The analogy best suited for this is the guy leaving his front door open, was told he would get robbed if he did that, and continued to leave said door open and get robbed.

Quote:
I'm no genius when it comes to this shit, but I don't interpret someone saying they are capable of attacking login servers as them saying they have the ability to steal personal information.
You must've missed the last bit where they said they had access to the entire PSN servers. They broke through the security protocols in place and warned Sony they did so.

Quote:
Because know who else has access to PSN login servers? Me. I connect with them everytime I log on PSN.
There's a difference between using the server (logging onto PSN) and accessing the rest of the server's systems. Which is exactly what Anonymous was talking about and what happened. When you log onto the PSN server, you log into your specific user data, you don't have access to anything else but your own specific sector of data. Anonymous stated they had access to everything, and everything was taken. They bypassed the security previously in place and could access anything and everything, not a small area.

Quote:
Where are you getting this shit?
It's called basic research. When AnonOps posts on Anonymous' website declaring they didn't condone this attack, it means AnonOps is responsible for Anonymous. What part of that aren't you getting? They even stated that it was possible some Anons were working independently, but AnonOps didn't plan the hack. AnonOps runs Anonymous. They're the ones that plan the attacks and sends out fliers and videos declaring the attacks. AnonOps is the core leadership of the entire Anonymous group.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Freshgrease (04-30-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #33
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
The difference between your analogy and what happened is Sony knew that their system was compromised with Anonymous' initial video saying they had access to the user database but wouldn't touch it. The analogy of the guy that left his front door open compared to the Chernobyl defense is weak. The analogy best suited for this is the guy leaving his front door open, was told he would get robbed if he did that, and continued to leave said door open and get robbed.

You must've missed the last bit where they said they had access to the entire PSN servers. They broke through the security protocols in place and warned Sony they did so.

There's a difference between using the server (logging onto PSN) and accessing the rest of the server's systems. Which is exactly what Anonymous was talking about and what happened. When you log onto the PSN server, you log into your specific user data, you don't have access to anything else but your own specific sector of data. Anonymous stated they had access to everything, and everything was taken. They bypassed the security previously in place and could access anything and everything, not a small area.
You're basing this all off a video. What they say is exactly this: "This is why Anons all over the world are attacking sony, and not PSN login servers, which we have access to but are refraining from attacking. We are not after the players."

Does that say they have access to 'user databases' anywhere? No, and it doesn't even imply it. It also doesn't imply that they have 'bypassed the security previously in place and could access anything and everything.' At all. Only thing it implies is that they are able to 'attack' the PSN servers, if they so desired to do so. Which they also state that isn't their goal. At all. You're misunderstanding shit here.

Not only that, but they also have stated that they didn't do shit to PSN. It really is an issue on sony's end, according to them. So if you're going to take everything you read on some blog as 100% factual information, then Sony wasn't in any way negligent with their security because nothing actually got stolen. So your "The fact that their database was compromised says they weren't adequately secured" statement is still stupid, even if we ignore the whole illogical shit, because it was never compromised. "It's an internal problem with the company's servers. "

Quote:
It's called basic research. When AnonOps posts on Anonymous' website declaring they didn't condone this attack, it means AnonOps is responsible for Anonymous. What part of that aren't you getting? They even stated that it was possible some Anons were working independently, but AnonOps didn't plan the hack. AnonOps runs Anonymous. They're the ones that plan the attacks and sends out fliers and videos declaring the attacks. AnonOps is the core leadership of the entire Anonymous group.
Okay. What is "Anonymous' website"? Where does AnonOps state they are "responsible for Anonymous"? Or "AnonOps runs Anonymous"? Basic research, right? Should be easy to post some links.

Keep digging the hole. ; )
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #34
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You're basing this all off a video. What they say is exactly this: "This is why Anons all over the world are attacking sony, and not PSN login servers, which we have access to but are refraining from attacking. We are not after the players."

Does that say they have access to 'user databases' anywhere? No, and it doesn't even imply it. It also doesn't imply that they have 'bypassed the security previously in place and could access anything and everything.' At all. Only thing it implies is that they are able to 'attack' the PSN servers, if they so desired to do so. Which they also state that isn't their goal. At all. You're misunderstanding shit here.
Do you even understand what you just wrote? "We have access to but are refraining from attacking" flat out states they have access to the user database if they have access to the login servers. Here's why: the login servers house the user database. How else do you think they work? You've admitted on several occasions you don't understand a lot of computer stuff. I've been keeping it simple for you because I've been working with computers for almost 18 years. I build them for fun.

Quote:
Not only that, but they also have stated that they didn't do shit to PSN. It really is an issue on sony's end, according to them.
AnonOps said they don't claim responsibility, but didn't rule out the possibility of several Anons working independently, as was written in the article I posted.

Quote:
So if you're going to take everything you read on some blog as 100% factual information,
My guild leader/friend works for the company Sony hired down in Florida to help stop the DDoSing attacks. He ended up changing his name on Facebook (Kojo Smith aka Jotaro (wow character name) aka Shane Dunn) because Anonymous cracked his work's database and got some of his information. He's been disinclined to state the company he works for for fear of them targeting him and his kid.

Quote:
then Sony wasn't in any way negligent with their security because nothing actually got stolen.
But shit did get stolen, user names/passwords/birthdays/addresses and possibly credit card information has been stolen by whoever was behind this hack.

Quote:
So your "The fact that their database was compromised says they weren't adequately secured" statement is still stupid, even if we ignore the whole illogical shit, because it was never compromised.
Right...the whole "We have access to the PSN login servers" means everything is OK on Sony's end. You wanna talk about illogical? And before you bring in the "I have access by logging in", again, you don't. Like I said, logging in gives you access to your specific sector of data. Anonymous announced to Sony that they had access to EVERYTHING as part of a threat to get Sony to back down on the legal action against geohotz and any one that visited his website.

Quote:
"It's an internal problem with the company's servers. "
Um...you do realize that's just an excuse to quell the masses, right? They announced a security breach in their system. Calling it an internal problem is just an excuse to get people to stop bitching. Public Relations 101, man. Spin shit to make yourself look better.

Quote:
Okay. What is "Anonymous' website"?
Youtube/4chan/any board that they can communicate with anonymously. You think they would seriously have a centralized website that federal anti-hacking agencies can trace IPs with?

Quote:
Where does AnonOps state they are "responsible for Anonymous"? Or "AnonOps runs Anonymous"?
Same post that says they aren't responsible for the latest attack and it was possibly a group of Anons working independently. AnonOps is the mind behind the attacks. They send out the videos and flyers calling out their targets.

Here we have a representative of AnonOps saying they run the operations and press announcements, while hacking into the Westboro church website during the interview. If you can stand listening to that retarded cunt of a church leader. If you can't, it's around the 8 minute mark that Anonymous hacks one of the church's websites, 9 minutes is the showing of the website hack.

Quote:
Basic research, right?
Research even you could do.

Quote:
Should be easy to post some links.
How about the video announcing their reaction to the excuse of maintenance for the shut down and proclaiming they will find other ways to get at Sony?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #35
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...fucking bit-by-bit bullshit. Oh well, here goes.

Quote:
Do you even understand what you just wrote? "We have access to but are refraining from attacking" flat out states they have access to the user database if they have access to the login servers. Here's why: the login servers house the user database. How else do you think they work? You've admitted on several occasions you don't understand a lot of computer stuff. I've been keeping it simple for you because I've been working with computers for almost 18 years. I build them for fun.
Yeah, I'm not amazing at computer shit. But I'm not retarded. I know 'building computers for fun' since you were seven (okay...) isn't the same as understanding how servers and shit work. I also know how to read, and kick a fair amount of ass when it comes to reading comprehension. No matter how you try and smear it, saying "We have access to the login servers" doesn't mean "We can steal all your shit." Especially in the context it was stated in.

Quote:

AnonOps said they don't claim responsibility, but didn't rule out the possibility of several Anons working independently, as was written in the article I posted.
And AnonOps are the people who had "access to the PSN login servers." Not 'anons working independently.' That means they're not working together. So, again, your point about how sony didn't fix the shit after that statement is shit. You wouldn't know that. Maybe they did and the independent anons did something different. Since, you know, you don't know what the independent anons did because that wasn't their statement...but it's not just coincidence, according to you, etc., etc.

Wow, dude.

Quote:
My guild leader/friend works for the company Sony hired down in Florida to help stop the DDoSing attacks. He ended up changing his name on Facebook (Kojo Smith aka Jotaro (wow character name) aka Shane Dunn) because Anonymous cracked his work's database and got some of his information. He's been disinclined to state the company he works for for fear of them targeting him and his kid.
DDoS attacks? I thought these weren't DDoS attacks. That's what you said. "what happened this time wasn't DDoS." Exact quote.

And he is afraid to tell you the company he works for, even though 'Anonymous' must already know if they stole his info from his work's database. You just keep making more and more sense...

Quote:
But shit did get stolen, user names/passwords/birthdays/addresses and possibly credit card information has been stolen by whoever was behind this hack.
Actually, I believe sony statement said that shit could have been compromised. Meaning, shit could have been stolen. Not that it was. Just that the possibility exists.

Quote:
Right...the whole "We have access to the PSN login servers" means everything is OK on Sony's end. You wanna talk about illogical? And before you bring in the "I have access by logging in", again, you don't. Like I said, logging in gives you access to your specific sector of data. Anonymous announced to Sony that they had access to EVERYTHING as part of a threat to get Sony to back down on the legal action against geohotz and any one that visited his website.
I log in by accessing the login servers. That's what login servers are there for. That is their purpose. I have 'access to the psn login servers.' Point of that is that saying 'we have access' doesn't mean 'we haxxored ur shit lolol.'

And, again, the people that announced that are saying they didn't do anything. So it's irrelevant.

Quote:
Um...you do realize that's just an excuse to quell the masses, right? They announced a security breach in their system. Calling it an internal problem is just an excuse to get people to stop bitching. Public Relations 101, man. Spin shit to make yourself look better.

And you realize that AnonOps blogspot is where I was quoting from, right? You know, the same people you're quoting as sources from a lot of the shit you're posting in here. Not sony. The blog thing states that it is most likely just an internal problem on sony's part.

Spin shit to make yourself look...uh, yeah...
Quote:
Youtube/4chan/any board that they can communicate with anonymously. You think they would seriously have a centralized website that federal anti-hacking agencies can trace IPs with?
I don't. I'm also not the person who said anything about "Anonymous' website." That was you.

Quote:
Same post that says they aren't responsible for the latest attack and it was possibly a group of Anons working independently. AnonOps is the mind behind the attacks. They send out the videos and flyers calling out their targets.

Here we have a representative of AnonOps saying they run the operations and press announcements, while hacking into the Westboro church website during the interview. If you can stand listening to that retarded cunt of a church leader. If you can't, it's around the 8 minute mark that Anonymous hacks one of the church's websites, 9 minutes is the showing of the website hack.
Cool. So they never state they're leaders of anything. They just do shit. Like I said.

Quote:
Research even you could do.
No shit, I think anyone can do the research you do. I can do a lot better. For example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonops.net
AnonOps (Anonymous Operations) is an international communication platform frequented by Anonymous to conduct operations.

Our primary goal is to provide reliable, stable and uncensored mediums of communication amongst users. The main service we provide is a relatively stable meeting point for Anonymous via IRC, as well as a radio station (Radio Payback).

AnonOps is not Anonymous, but merely a network frequented by their movement.
We do not advocate, condemn or control what our users discuss. We are here to provide a service for anyone to speak freely on any subject, regardless of content, as long as they abide by the network rules.
Note the bolded. Right from AnonOps.net homepage. Google it, and read the cache, since the site is being attacked and is down at the moment. Goddamn, dude. Seriously. Fucking wow.

I guess it's some sort of clever trick to fool the FBI, eh?

Protip: For fuck's sake, most news you read about anon is bullshit.

tl;dr

Lurk fucking moar.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #36
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I think its pretty stupid getting them to jail for DDoS, 10 years? Come on they are just protesting. Also they don't even know who hacked their system so they can't blame them and press charges at the people they arrest. I see the whole jail thing failing. Fucking FBI/News/Sony fans furfags.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #37
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Wow...fucking bit-by-bit bullshit. Oh well, here goes.
Same to you.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not amazing at computer shit. But I'm not retarded.
Never said you were, but now that I know where your mindset it at this argument is almost moot. But what the hell? I'm a stubborn fuck, too.

Quote:
I know 'building computers for fun' since you were seven (okay...) isn't the same as understanding how servers and shit work.
I never said I was building them since I was 8 (I said ALMOST 18 years, not over), I said I've been working with them. I was modifying my family's computers at that time, because I was the only one aside from my dad that knew what to do. I've been building computers for the past 8-9 years. I've also been working with servers for that long (started with Computer Engineering and Network Administration my senior year of high school, been dabbling in it ever since).

Quote:
I also know how to read, and kick a fair amount of ass when it comes to reading comprehension. No matter how you try and smear it, saying "We have access to the login servers" doesn't mean "We can steal all your shit." Especially in the context it was stated in.
Um...in what fucked up world is that even the case? "We have access to the login servers" means they have access to every piece of data in those servers, meaning they had the means to take whatever they wanted if they so chose. They chose not to touch any of it, even though they had the access to it.

Quote:
And AnonOps are the people who had "access to the PSN login servers." Not 'anons working independently.' That means they're not working together.
I never said they were. I said the timing behind it was too coincidental. Anonymous was attacking Sony, they backed off because the PSN was taken down, all of a sudden someone hacked into PSN and took information.

Quote:
Actually, I believe sony statement said that shit could have been compromised. Meaning, shit could have been stolen. Not that it was. Just that the possibility exists.
No, shit was stolen.

I'm ending this bullshit with that article. Sony admitted personal data was stolen and there was a possibility that credit card info was also compromised. You don't want to believe it? Fine, whatever. I'm done with this shit.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #38
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
Same to you.

Never said you were, but now that I know where your mindset it at this argument is almost moot. But what the hell? I'm a stubborn fuck, too.

I never said I was building them since I was 8 (I said ALMOST 18 years, not over), I said I've been working with them. I was modifying my family's computers at that time, because I was the only one aside from my dad that knew what to do. I've been building computers for the past 8-9 years. I've also been working with servers for that long (started with Computer Engineering and Network Administration my senior year of high school, been dabbling in it ever since).
You're an idiot.

No, seriously. I assume you're suggesting the argument is pointless because of ...my mindset. That's retarded.

And who cares that you took a class or two in highschool or, holy shit, fucked around with computers at home. None of that means shit, because none of that makes you an expert in the context of high end server security. Bringing this shit up at all is logically fallacious. Appeal to authority. You're not anywhere close to being an authority on the subject. It's stupid to even post that shit.

Quote:
Um...in what fucked up world is that even the case? "We have access to the login servers" means they have access to every piece of data in those servers, meaning they had the means to take whatever they wanted if they so chose. They chose not to touch any of it, even though they had the access to it.
The fucked up world where people know how to read? The fucked up world where people can understand context? What was said in the video was that they could attack the PSN servers. That doesn't imply the ability to steal info. It could simply mean they can perform a DDoS attack on them. Your stance goes beyond what was stated.

Quote:
I never said they were. I said the timing behind it was too coincidental. Anonymous was attacking Sony, they backed off because the PSN was taken down, all of a sudden someone hacked into PSN and took information.
I never said you said they were. You are an idiot.

The analogy best suited for this is the guy leaving his front door open, was told he would get robbed if he did that, and continued to leave said door open and get robbed.

Your own analogy. You think this best suits the situation. This is not a logical chain of thought on your part. The person telling the guy that leaving his front door open isn't smart is AnonOps. You say sony left the door open, as shown by them getting robbed. You don't know this. Sony could have shut that door and locked it. The person who is responsible could have burrowed underneath the house or some shit for all you know. Because you don't know what the fuck those dudes did. You have no info. You have no foundation for the stupid shit you are posting. That's why you're an idiot.

Quote:
No, shit was stolen.

I'm ending this bullshit with that article. Sony admitted personal data was stolen and there was a possibility that credit card info was also compromised. You don't want to believe it? Fine, whatever. I'm done with this shit.
Congrats. You found someone else who can't read, and wrote an online article. In that article is what Sony has actually stated:

"It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained,"

It is possible that data may have been obtained. Exactly what I said in my last post. Good job, retard.

Oh, and you don't get to end shit, except for your own stupid posts. I'm sure you'll be an unmanly puss and not end shit despite your claim to be doing so. Just like you so gallantly decided to 'end shit' right before responding to any of the shit I posted calling you out on your complete misunderstanding of goddamn anons.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:29 AM   #39
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I think its pretty stupid getting them to jail for DDoS, 10 years? Come on they are just protesting. Also they don't even know who hacked their system so they can't blame them and press charges at the people they arrest. I see the whole jail thing failing. Fucking FBI/News/Sony fans furfags.
Yeah 10 years is completely ridiculous, since they aren't doing any real harm. Yeah, they can put the sites down which could indirectly harm the owners of the sites, but like that guy said in the video, DDoSing is just like a protest blocking a building (which could indirectly harm the owner of the building) or something, nobody is breaking a window or anything.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #40
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Parody yo
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (04-29-2011), Axiom (04-29-2011), Demi-God (04-29-2011), Miburo (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #41
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Yeah 10 years is completely ridiculous, since they aren't doing any real harm. Yeah, they can put the sites down which could indirectly harm the owners of the sites, but like that guy said in the video, DDoSing is just like a protest blocking a building (which could indirectly harm the owner of the building) or something, nobody is breaking a window or anything.
For the guys who were actually just going the the DDoS yeah, 10 years seems kind of harsh. The malicious motherfuckers who sought to do actual damage, by stealing peoples digital pedigree is another story. Could careless what kind of repercussions they are looking at. Considering sony already has a multi-billion dollar class action lawsuit against them because of this mess, and are being investigated by I think its up to three separate governments as well. One would imagine they are looking to make heads roll, and rightfully so imo.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Miburo (04-29-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #42
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Dunno if previously mentioned, but if you rely on Netflix on PS3, login to Netflix 2-3 times and you can use Netflix.

I originally thought it wasn't anon, but I am surprised. I consider Anon as the vigilantes that make things happen, though I don't like that we as users have to be affected. Doesn't affect me. I never gave them my credit card, and I honestly only use the system for Netflix and Street Fighter IV.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Freshgrease For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-03-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #43
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

So sony is gonna give away some free stuff and some premium days to people, great

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #44
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Sony goona give free stuff and they say psn will be on my this week

and.......

They gonna attack sony for the third time

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote