Games and all things related - Page 52 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #766
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

Oh God, fuck that pretentious bullshit. Extra Credits makes some good points sometimes, but it's presented in such a gratingly patronising way that it makes me want to scratch out my own eyes.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-07-2011)

Old 05-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #767
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

How early do you usually wake up to make enough time in the day to hate everything?

Edit: Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are on Steam Sale today.

Last edited by Demi-God; 05-07-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-07-2011), Miburo (05-07-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #768
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I lost faith in Steam sales now, something wrong with the pricing or something its getting stupid to the point of its cheaper to buy the game on Gamestop or Best Buy than Steam even with sale.

Last sale it showed me Mass Effect 2 at 24.99$ when I bought it at $20 a few months back at Gamestop(now at $15). Now Dead Space 2 is at "sale" for 35$ when I see it at $30 on Gamestop.

Mind you when I put my settings its Country: US, State or Providence: PR

Why the hell are they charging me at a higher price? This means I'll maybe only buy indie games from Steam, anything else I can just get it cheaper physical.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-07-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #769
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Yeah usually the newer games are cheaper to get a physical copy for PC. But still love their sales for older games.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-07-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #770
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,581 Times in 2,261 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

And I have finally entered the last chapter of Portal 2. The Part Where He Kills You.

EDIT: And I have finally beat Portal 2.

Last edited by AOTKorby; 05-07-2011 at 05:17 PM.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #771
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

lol make a run for it O=

gun stuck on shoe and evil gnomezzzz

check out the health bars, lololol //proz
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-07-2011), Miburo (05-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #772
Demi-God
BEST

Lol, that team was so shit, Totem incapped me a good 3 times. Always knew Chompski was hiding a dark side.

This is from the Zelda map we tried:

Sennin, whatcha think of the game?

Also, PCGamer has an interesting article every week I think where they review a horrible game from the past(ish). This week is Captain Bible: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/07/sa...captain-bible/
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #773
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,581 Times in 2,261 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Portal 2 is very, very good. I've come to the conclusion that 80% of both game's difficulty comes from whether you are able to actually notice parts of the environment, and the other 20% is timing and finesse.

The ending was freaking hilarious.

What's probably made this especially awesome though is that I can go ahead and read the Tropes now that there aren't any spoilers to be had. Every single clever part of the game pretty much mapped out. In addition, the theories and such surrounding the endgame and GLaDOS are really interesting (and depressing as all fucking hell in some cases).
The Following User Says Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #774
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Oh God, fuck that pretentious bullshit. Extra Credits makes some good points sometimes, but it's presented in such a gratingly patronising way that it makes me want to scratch out my own eyes.
If by patronizing you mean they intentionally take ideas and information that they are well versed in and deliver it in a simplified manner so that those ideas and information will be more accessible to people who may not have any background in such fields of thought, then yeah, I suppose you may have a point.

Do you also dislike anyone who is labeled as an "expert"?

In more important news, TF2 is functioning on the laptop. Ran a solider training run. I believe I am rather terrible at it.

Let's rock.

Next test: Mount & Blade.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #775
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
If by patronizing you mean they intentionally take ideas and information that they are well versed in and deliver it in a simplified manner so that those ideas and information will be more accessible to people who may not have any background in such fields of thought, then yeah, I suppose you may have a point.

Do you also dislike anyone who is labeled as an "expert"?
Are you saying the guy who does Extra Credits is "an expert"? If so, NOPE. He's exactly the same calibre as your average Kotaku commenter.

No, I mean patronising as in, he takes ideas already dissected among the interested parties at large and repeats them like nobody has ever considered these ground-breaking ideas. So what if he tells this stuff to people who are clueless about it? In that case, he's pontificating to the most pointless of people. People who aren't interested enough to come up with this stuff on their own or by general inquisition are not going to put themselves in a position to spread these lines of thought, or declare them to people that matter. People like game designers, publishers, and critics.

You want videogame discussions that don't treat someone like an idiot? Watch something like Rev's Rants. At least that guy conveys somewhat original ideas, and practical approaches to solving them, with some passion, and doesn't regurgitate tired pseudo-philosopy about videogames behind a "quirky" flash animation.

Last edited by Jaxon; 05-07-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Lol, I spelled calibre like SOUL CALIBUR.
Miburo (05-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #776
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

No, I don't consider him an expert, but was making the point that these videos, to me, appear to be an attempt to publicize these ideas to a wider audience and perhaps provoke any intellectual ideas from outside the gaming industry, just like news programs bring in "experts" to explain things to the general public, even though they don't say anything an average intelligent person may already know. It isn't supposed to brand new but rather just expanding the conversation.

I disagree thoroughly with the thought that there is no merit for spreading these ideas beyond the, as you say, "people who matter" because often in certain businesses, new ideas or development does truly come about until there is a demand for something different. Often, new ideas and participants will emerge from unlikely places. Why is that wrong?

And it still doesn't truly count as patronizing because I don't think they are targeting specifically the "in crowd" but, being a website with advertising, trying to get as many people in as possible.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #777
Demi-God
BEST

On the expert topic, what exactly would you count as an expert? The main talking guy is an animator at Pixar, the woman who does design work for a development company, and the 3rd guy mentioned who writes most of the shows and takes care of the ideas worked for huge publishing companies, ran his own development studio and now runs his own consultancy.

I just watched some of Rev's Rants and it's pretty much the same stuff except Rev swears and has a beard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-08-2011), Miburo (05-08-2011)
Old 05-08-2011, 12:33 AM   #778
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Jaxon, if you don't like Extra Credits then don't watch it. As for the rest of us simpletons, we'll stick with being exposed to ideas we and our friends may have never considered.

By the way, you're completely wrong about "People who aren't interested enough to come up with this stuff on their own or by general inquisition..." You could throw any story at me and I couldn't even begin to explain the theme or any of that other literary bullshit. Does that mean I'm not interested in it, or learning how to read between the lines myself? Of course not, it just means I don't think that way and have trouble with shit that isn't straight up logic.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-08-2011), Miburo (05-08-2011)
Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #779
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Jaxon, if you don't like Extra Credits then don't watch it.
Guess what? I don't.

I just explained why the show annoys me, I didn't explicitly state it was completely invalid. OPINIONS LOL. As I say, it makes some good points. Y'all are perfectly free to have this stuff explained to you like warm baby porridge, by a cartoon man at a lectern. Maybe it'll calm all your collective butthurt.
Miburo (05-08-2011)
Old 05-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #780
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Accessibility and method of delivery don't affect the quality of the information.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-08-2011)