Forum Manga Expansion - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Forum Manga Expansion

OK, so I purposed an organization effort in the latest bitchfest that is the Naruto chapter thread; I might as well put my money where my mouth is. We have quite a few serious members who enjoy manga - perhaps too much as it detracts from school and work - and we really spend too much of our day bantering back and forth about the original series that this forum was founded on.

And don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with that. Naruto and Bleach were two of the most popular manga around. Problem is, they've become two of the most popular train wrecks to read... so it is probably time we find something worthy, before we get more complaints about what a negative bunch we are (fucking whiners). So, in order to put down the idea that all we do is complain about how bad Naruto is, and it is rather terrible, I suggest we find some new series to talk about.

My first point will be that this is not a thread to just say "this series is really great." What I am looking for is people who want to starrt up new threads to support other manga (and eventually anime, though I find a lot less time to watch anime than read a chapter or two). I also don't think we should follow the chapter by chapter nature, because those threads get swept away too quickly. If we have one thread for a newer manga and post all the chapter releases in it, it'll be easier for people to get into reading the new manga. It's all well and good that there is interesting in One Piece, but when the posts are at 600-something, it can be a bit daunting to pick up and try to catch up. (I am currently around 460 having started in September.)

With that in mind, here are the manga I know there is discussion about, to gauge interest in maybe starting up a "beginners threads" for those who are going to start at Chapter 1 and want to work through them at a reasonable pace to catch up.

One Piece - for all intents and purposes an excellent example of a Shonin Manga, much like Naruto in quality and level of seriousness (it gets really stupid at times) but with far superior character development and being true to its themes and roots. But long. So long.

Fairy Tail - I call this brainless fun. It is silly, funny, full of action but nothing ground breaking. At 230 chapters, it actually won't take much to catch up on because the chapters don't generally go into much depth. t can be enjoyed on the same level as a mindless action film or those trash novels people leave at cottages to read in the summer when they don't care to be mentally active. Oh, and Hiro loves partial nudity of his buxom female characters... so it has that going for it too.

A few other manga have very minor followings: D. Gray Man (205), Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (333), Claymore (114), Soul Eater! (85) but most threads are limited to under 4 posts. Perhaps those who read would like to try and promote them (I've only read a bit of Claymore and Soul Eater). I also know a lot of us are watching our lives slip by waiting for the next Beserk chapter, so we could discuss that one, but once you're caught up (which I'm not), it can be agonizing.

Furthermore, if there are relatively new manga out there people want to strike up discussion on, discuss them along with posting a few early chapters and we'll gauge interest.

And yeah, I realize this has "book club" feel written all over it. Deal with it or don't participate. I enjoy comic books and manga a lot - to the point where I feel I should have a kid to justify any purchasing of new graphic novels at times - and want to broaden the discussion.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-12-2011), kael03 (05-12-2011), kluang (05-12-2011), Loke (06-24-2011), Mal (05-13-2011), Marlboro (05-13-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011), NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2012), Numinous (05-12-2011), OiB (06-25-2011), platinumrug (05-12-2011), SirBenoit (01-22-2012), Spiegel (05-12-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-13-2011), That1CheezyGuy (05-12-2011), Uchiha09 (07-03-2011), UchihaTaijiya (05-12-2011)

Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice
Re: Forum Manga Expansion

I full on support this!
Miburo (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Ok, should I post here

I just post here

Today I introduce.....

Sekirei.

Sekirei is basically the combination of harem manga and shonen action manga.

You have this guy, Minato Sahashi or I always call him lucky bastard who has failed the college entrance exam twice, is awkward around women, and he's unemployed. very much like kentaro from love hina.

One day a girl fall from the sky. Her name is musubi who is a sekirei and is looking for her ashikabi who is actually that lucky bastard.

sekirei almost entirely compose of cute girls, buxom women, and fight in a dangerous and sometimes deadly competition known as "The Game"

its basically one dude, the ashikabi who is the boss of the sekireis (he can have as many as he wants) fights other ashikabis and their sekireis. Lots of action and torn cloths that you can find in a shonen, funny, cute awkward moments you can find in a manga like love hina.

And people actually die here. Lots of them die.

The first chap link

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/sekirei/v01/c000.1/1.html

second chap

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/sekirei/v01/c000.2/1.html

third chap

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/sekirei/v01/c000.3/1.html

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-12-2011), ask me anything (05-12-2011), Marlboro (06-24-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011), Numinous (05-12-2011), platinumrug (05-13-2011), That1CheezyGuy (05-12-2011), Uchiha09 (07-03-2011), Vengeance (05-17-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Kluang, don't lie to us, you just wanted to post the cleavage!

Quote:
I also know a lot of us are watching our lives slip by waiting for the next Berserk chapter, so we could discuss that one, but once you're caught up (which I'm not), it can be agonizing.
QFT. But for those who don't read Berserk (yet), it is a monstrous task reading a manga with 20+ years until you catch up (the flashback to Guts' past lasts an whooping amount of 11 VOLUMES), but it pays off greatly every chapter along the way.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-12-2011), ask me anything (05-12-2011), k-lai (07-20-2011), kluang (05-12-2011), Mal (05-13-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011), Sensei-Q (06-24-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

@ Kluang: I've heard you talk about this one before. Thanks for the links, but how much tentacle rape is there? Just as a forewarning.

I'll also introduce one that I've read off and on for a while and am about halfway through the 98 chapters written - currently on hiatus too.

Ubel Blatt - it is a medieval fantasy story which follows the steps of Koinzell, who appears to be nothing more than a mere half human-elf child with a big scar over his left eye. He is on a quest of revenge against those who betrayed and killed him and now call themselves the seven heroes of the land.

Full of gore, nudity and sex like any fantasy story, so if that offends you, don't read.

I still haven't made up my mind. The structure follows the classic revenge quest, complicated that the men Koinzell wants to kill are establish lords who are heroes to the kingdom. Bits of sword play mixed with magic so the combat has lots of variety. However, parts of it just haven't come to fruition and I am waiting for the other shoe to drop that would propel this story in terms of quality.

EDIT: Two other series I plan to pick back up and catch up/finish are Claymore (read one volume) and Blame! (which is a completed series that was highly recommended by one of my OH brethren... Lonely?). Both are quite interesting.

Last edited by ACt; 05-12-2011 at 01:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-13-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Oh Kluang, don't lie to us, you just wanted to post the cleavage!
Ah, I was caught redhanded

Quote:
QFT. But for those who don't read Berserk (yet), it is a monstrous task reading a manga with 20+ years until you catch up (the flashback to Guts' past lasts an whooping amount of 11 VOLUMES), but it pays off greatly every chapter along the way
I read berserk until 1998. Then the translate company went bankrupt. And then I forget about it. then in 2009 someone here mention it. I miss it for more then 10 years. and for some reason I was like meh. I lost interest in it. partly because its now in english and it feels weird reading it after reading before in malay.

Quote:
@ Kluang: I've heard you talk about this one before. Thanks for the links, but how much tentacle rape is there? Just as a forewarning.
no tentacle rape what so ever.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 05-12-2011 at 02:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

There is Toriko. Its also a shonen series on par with Naruto quality wise and not gay. Its about food basically. Toriko, the main character, is a bishokuya (an ingredient provider) and like One Piece its an adventure series where the Toriko and his partner goes around the world looking for the rarest ingredients. Pretty good action and decent storyline. It has a deeper storyline than Fairy Tail but not as engrossing as One Piece. So there you go.

Here is a pic I guess:
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-12-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately... I'm not keeping up with any manga. =/ Except... yeah... Naruto, if you want to call my occasional skimming through 4 or 5 chapters keeping up... But I am up to date with the anime (minus these past two weeks). Bleach... I watch sporadically... but I don't have the intent to ever fully read or watch...

I could maybe start Fairy Tail though. Since I did watch about 15 episodes of the anime and did find it quite funny.. but I wasn't that interested in the stories & backgrounds provided up to that point. I just watched it cause it was funny and then stopped for awhile and never went back... I may start the manga though... Maybe...

One Piece I will never read. I can't stand the art. 8] Maybe if it wasn't so long I'd give it a shot, but that ship has sailed for me.

Berserk I just watched the anime about... 4 years ago? In English... Don't really remember it. LOL.

I DID watch Claymore on Netflix after Tabris mentioned it. Pretty good up until the last couple episodes where all the Claymores are fighting in the frozen north or whatever.. Teresa was fucking awesome... Sounds like its not super long yet either... I'll read that one if enough people wanna talk about it.

Other than that, I could talk about animes that are done.. lol. Yeah.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UchihaTaijiya For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-12-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, Toriko is a good manga, good start and has the potential for greater depth, will probably turn into a long manga ( to explain it in OP terms, its like they are still in East Blue and are preparing for the Grandline at 130+chapters) if not rushed by publishers/other reason.
Toriko is being scanlated by MS release, which most of you might know already.

Liar game is an interesting manga, though its on hiatus (almost a year, arghhhh). It focuses on trickery, trapping, deception and similar, even though (one of) the main protagonist(s) is a gullible, naive, trusting chick that tries to build trust and bonds and other stuff too.

I'd say, while ongoing, it has some discussion/speculation potential, as the manga is separated into game arcs and at the beginning you get the rules of the game.

I've read that hiatuses are pretty much reoccurring between game arcs, so that is a negative (and in one way a postive) thing

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 05-13-2011 at 10:23 AM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-12-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

I won't read anything even remotely similar to naruto anymore. By that, I mean nothing hardcore shonen-ish. I'm not a weeaboo, so I don't know what that even means. But anything that even looks unmanly and baby I'm going to skip. So fuck you, bleach. Suck it, soul eater. Etc.

That said, here are manly and awesome mango, read this shit and I'll discuss it with you:

Vagabond

Fucking Musashi Miyamoto, the manliest little asian dude that I know about. Fucking goes around and duels people and lives like a goddamn beast. Some chick wants to bang him, but he's all like "Maybe later, babe. Now, to battle!" and then kills like a fucking hundred trained swordsman or some crazy shit like that. There's manly battlin' philosophy shit in the mango too, because fucking musashi is a goddamn badass who writes fucking books of five rings and shit. So he's all like "Don't look at the fucking tree because you'll miss what's going on in the goddamn forest, you scrub." You know, because stupid people just stare at a dude's feet or something in battle instead of going all zen style and not focusing on anything, but seeing everything, like a true fucking warrior.

It's pretty good, and the art is nice too. Here's a link to a site ACT just told me about (Gratitude, by the way, comrade.):

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/v...volume-01.html

Holyland

This mango isn't bad. Main character is a wierdo and doesn't fit in or some shit. I dunno. So he decides to learn how to battle, because why fucking not, right? So he goes around and battles other dudes and makes friends by being a goddamn street fighting warrior. Like he beats the shit out of some karate dude, and then the karate dude is all like "Hey, you're alright."

What's really cool is that the author actually explains battle shit. Like if some guy uses judo the author is all like "Fuck yeah, judo. In judo you fucking brutally slam the fuck out of people, it works like this." And there are pictures and shit. So by reading it you guys can get some sort of idea as to how to not be so goddamn unmanly. It's pretty neat.

Fucking link:

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/holyland.html

I guess deathnote and shit like that are pretty alright too. In deathnote some dude is killing people with a book. Which sounds stupid, but it's actually not that bad. I mean, the main character is suppose to be some goddamn genius, but he's somehow always almost getting caught killing people with a goddamn magical notebook. Which makes no sense at all. You don't even have to be anywhere near the dudes you're killing for fuck's sake. It's nearly completely untraceable in every way. Holy shit. But if he just chilled in his room writing names down the entire mango that would be pretty boring, so it works better this way, I suppose. Link: http://view.thespectrum.net/series/d...volume-01.html

I don't really remember what is going on in vinland saga, but it's got goddamn vikings in it, so auto-awesome. Link: http://view.thespectrum.net/series/v...volume-01.html

I can't think of any others at the moment. Obviously Berserk is good. But everyone should already know about that one by now.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-12-2011), kluang (05-12-2011), Lightning (06-24-2011), NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2012), Scientia (06-25-2011), Sensei-Q (06-24-2011), Spiegel (05-12-2011), That1CheezyGuy (06-24-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Death Note! <3 I love that series. I think I'll reread it.

And damn you, Kluang... I'm reading your pervert manga. =______=

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-12-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011), That1CheezyGuy (06-24-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Until you've all read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I have no use for any of you.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-12-2011), kluang (05-12-2011), Mal (05-13-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011), Spiegel (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #13
ACt
Heart Wizard

Trying to help out here, but the best I can find is English scans for chapters 1 through 594, which isn't quite all of parts 1 to 5 of Jojos Bizarre Adventure... and there are two more parts if my research is correct. If anyone can do better, I'm all for it.

http://www.mangarush.com/manga/jojo3...arre-adventure

Oh, and in a while, if we start deciding to start up a new manga or you really want to push one, please open a separate thread for specific discussion about that manga. This is merely the advertising.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (05-15-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #14
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Don't know how many of you follow this series, let alone know about, but its called Gamaran. Basically set during the Middle Edo era; to give you an idea time wise I'd say about roughly 150 years before Himura Kenshin, considering that Kenshin was around towards the end of the Edo era during the Bakumatsu period and beginning of the Meiji era. Gamaran is part of martial arts school called the Ogame School that specialize in swordsmanship and his father is the Legendary 1000 Manslayer. Gamaran's father betrayed the school and nearly killed them all and went off on his own seeking even greater power. There are a shit load of other martial arts schools that specialize in their own respective fighting styles and somehow they all end up fighting each other to find out who is the best. There tons of blood, gore, and fucking awesome action.

http://www.mangareader.net/408/gamaran.html
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-12-2011), ask me anything (05-13-2011), kluang (05-13-2011), Miburo (05-12-2011), platinumrug (06-24-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #15
kluang
One Punch Man

My fav manga of all time has to be Great Teacher Onizuka. If you dont know what this manga is, I suggest you find a new hobby.

GTO is about a guy who decides to be a teacher so he can fuck japanese school girl.

But as the series progress he discover two important things: He has a conscience and a sense of morality. This means taking advantage of impressionable schoolgirls is out, but their attractive mothers are a different matter.

And soon he starts helping those kids with his own brand of moral justice.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/great_...01/c001/1.html

The sequel GTO shonan days

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/gto_sh...01/c001/1.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-13-2011), platinumrug (06-24-2011), Spiegel (05-13-2011)