Forum Manga Expansion - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 05-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #16
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice
Re: Forum Manga Expansion

I honestly think FT is a very good manga, yeah it isn't as deep as it could be, and sure isn't as deep as Rave was, but it is good and worth giving a read. Better than Naruto and Bleach combined IMHO.
kluang (05-13-2011), Loke (06-24-2011)

Old 05-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #17
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

How could I forget about Billy Bat! It doesn't have to be discussed, but read it folks! Only 53 chapters so far (dunno if its on hiatus or nobody is scanlating, MS was for a while).

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 05-13-2011 at 10:23 AM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #18
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Until Death Do Us Part is a good mature read. It's about this precog girl(loli) that is hunted by some very bad people and meets a blind swordsman that upon meeting him she had a vision and wants him to protect her "until death do us part". And so the story of the swordsman unfolds and everyone else, lots of guns, blood and stuff but it isn't mindless as the swordsman doesn't want to kill.

Edit: www.mangafox.com
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Last edited by manta; 05-13-2011 at 03:21 PM.
manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #19
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Links people!
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #20
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

I'll edit links in, but doing a (google) search isn't that hard or time consuming, though its more convenient to have the links up

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
Old 05-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

If it isn't hard, then why didn't you you do it for us?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-13-2011), Miburo (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #22
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Because I forgot?

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

Quote:
this is a quote

Quote:

4. Breaking up a quote

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Old 05-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #23
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Now for the ongoing manga I read is

Naruto(obviously is going to end so I will see it through)

Fairy Tail

Sekirei

GTO Shonan Days

Nurahiyon No Mago

What can I say about this manga. Its a combination of a yakuza manga with demon manga. The demons here are scattered by families and the Nura Clan is the combination of several demon family that controls Edo until the presesnt day Tokyo. You got territory battles, clan vs clan New guys building up their families.

Its like the author is doing a yakuza manga but replace the humans with demons. Instead of guns we got demon powers.

Link for episode 1

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/nurari...go/c001/1.html

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-13-2011), NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2012), platinumrug (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Nurahiyon No Mago looks really good. Thanks for mentioning kluang.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-13-2011), Miburo (05-13-2011), NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2012), platinumrug (05-13-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #25
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Yo, been reading some mango at work from the site ACT showed me. Fucking good site. Some decent mango I've read:

Eden

Started reading it, had no clue what the fuck was going on. But once you get in a bit it's pretty awesome. I actually can't even figure out how to describe what it's about. So just take my word on it, it's pretty good. When have I ever been wrong about shit? Come on. I wouldn't let you guys down.

You know how in that shitty mango called naruto pretty much no one ever dies? This mango is almost like the exact opposite of that. I was constantly like "Oh, hey. This guy is pretty fucking cool...," and then a couple pages later he'd step on a landmine or get fucking liquified by a barrage of gunfire or some shit.

Link:http://view.thespectrum.net/series/eden-volume-01.html

Oldboy

This was alright. Actually not sure if I liked it or not. It's about a dude who got locked in some room for ten years and then gets let out, so he goes around trying to figure out why the fuck he got locked up in a room for ten years.

Link:http://view.thespectrum.net/series/o...volume-01.html

Samurai Executioner

Reading this one now. It's about some dude who chops dudes' heads off with a katana. He's pretty srs business about it, it seems. Not far enough into this one to tell if it's good, but can't imagine anything about a dude who deheads people for a living to be horrible.

Link:http://view.thespectrum.net/series/s...volume-01.html
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Scientia (06-25-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #26
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

I'm going to note the Serikiri, as an anime was annoying but enticing at the same time. Must have been the english voice actor.

Personally, I like Phantom of the Inferno. It's about kids who get kidnapped, brainwashed, and become bad ass assassins. The girl character uses a Colt Python which is the sexiest revolver around. The animu is great too.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freshgrease For This Useful Post:
kluang (06-25-2011), Miburo (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #27
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

http://www.mangareader.net/dr-slump

Dr. Slump is one of the hardest manga to find on the internet. Its the first manga by akira toriyama and its funny as hell.

It have 12 issues but to find all 12 is hard. even manga reader have until the third.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #28
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
My fav manga of all time has to be Great Teacher Onizuka. If you dont know what this manga is, I suggest you find a new hobby.

GTO is about a guy who decides to be a teacher so he can fuck japanese school girl.

But as the series progress he discover two important things: He has a conscience and a sense of morality. This means taking advantage of impressionable schoolgirls is out, but their attractive mothers are a different matter.

And soon he starts helping those kids with his own brand of moral justice.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/great_...01/c001/1.html

The sequel GTO shonan days

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/gto_sh...01/c001/1.html
I love you for this... I watched the anime on showtime when it first debuted, very VERY good anime and the manga is even better (of course)
kluang (06-24-2011), Miburo (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #29
Lightning
Genin

Lightning is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I'm lovin' vagabond and eden. Thanks mibs!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #30
Loke
Genin

Loke is on a distinguished road

First off, thank you for your post, ACt!

I agree with your named mangas as well. One Piece and Fairy Tail would be good and probably the most obvious choices to start with. They're pretty popular and many places already handle them the same way as Naruto and Bleach (like in the Big Three and Fairy Tail ).

As for the rest, maybe a poll would be good? I mean, collecting some names and links now, then making a post with a poll to get an overview, how many people would be interested to have which manga?