Jesus, not the first - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #46
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart
 
-SassyLady-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: -Nebraska-
Age: 20
Posts: 2,044
Thanks: 1,239
Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitomare Urufu View Post
@1 The new testament is written from shortly after he died to the end of the life of the last living Apostle.

@#2 That's why I used Wiki.

@#3 Everything in the Bible has been translated from Greek, Hebrew, and Chaldee which to my understanding have no commas and periods. Plus you have to look at the verses before #9 aswell, what was he talking about? The gifts to the church.

@#4 Not really i just wanted to burn Obama.

@#5 Where did the NRSV come from? Last I heard they were corrupt manuscripts.

@P.S. I may be a genius but I'm a very lazy genius. Kinda like Shikamaru but not as smart as him.

I disagree with the NAB the Catholics have too many corrupt teachings.
Wait wtf? Enlighten me more because you have just confused me.
__________________
-SassyLady- is offline  


Old 05-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #47
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

Holy necromancy, Jesus!
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-13-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-12-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #48
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU
 
Gakure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The New World
Posts: 2,553
Thanks: 1,682
Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

1 Cor. 2:14:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Explanation is useless to those who have already made up their minds about God and his existence, and don't give room for changes.

Everything must be physically, logically and plain in sight before they believe it is true.

Well, I have news for them, God is Real. So is Jesus and the Holy Spirit. You cannot understand this mystery until you open your hearts. This things are spiritually discerned. You cant use your earthly knowledge in this matter.

I pray God will grant you the grace to understand these things.

Peace out.

Edit: Check out my sig. HELL IS MORE THAN REAL.
__________________
HELL IS REAL

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll

Last edited by Gakure; 05-21-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Gakure is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Gakure For This Useful Post:
Ero-Sage (07-10-2012)
Old 05-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #49
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jesus, not the first

I'm an Atheist. I find you quoting scripture as an argument for the existence of "God" laughably pathetic and ill-conceived. Have fun with the Rapture today.
kael03 is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-21-2011), Demi-God (05-21-2011), Kina (08-01-2011), Miburo (05-21-2011), Numinous (05-22-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #50
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,200
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
1 Cor. 2:14:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Explanation is useless to those who have already made up their minds about God and his existence, and don't give room for changes.
So you're basically wasting your time, since we have our minds made up, and you admit you lack the ability to change our opinions.

Quote:
Everything must be physically, logically and plain in sight before they believe it is true.
For me, if you can give a logical argument about how God does his miracle, then yeah I'd totally believe in him. Before you go, "But it can't be done. Miracles are a one time deal." ,take a good look at the universe around us. Obviously there are certain indisputable laws that govern everything. Gravity doesn't just stop working some days does it? If some Deity created our universe, then certainly he would have been the one to implement these laws of physics. In which case "miracles" would be nothing more then that deities manipulation of the universe in a way that mankind doesn't understand at this point. In any event it should be a re-creatable event that would be testable if we had the opportunity.

Quote:
Well, I have news for them, God is Real. So is Jesus and the Holy Spirit. You cannot understand this mystery until you open your hearts. This things are spiritually discerned. You cant use your earthly knowledge in this matter.

I pray God will grant you the grace to understand these things.
Perhaps before you start preaching to us, you should understand your own bible a bit.




Romans 14:1-13

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.


tl;dr, Quit preaching and get your own life in order. Also quit pestering people in book stores. I grew up in a very chritian household, and it pains me greatly when I hear guys at Books-A-Million trying to out-preach one another, and neither has any idea what they're talking about. It almost makes me want to go up to them and say "You're doing it wrong".

I'm atheist by the way, but I still know my stuff, and have actually read the ENTIRE bible. If you want to get into some debate over this shit, then just quote a passage, and I'll quote 5 more that completely contradict that shit.....because it does.


Quote:
Edit: Check out my sig. HELL IS MORE THAN REAL.
There's something more real then real?!?!?! Oh, shit.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 05-21-2011 at 06:45 PM.
ask me anything is offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #51
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU
 
Gakure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The New World
Posts: 2,553
Thanks: 1,682
Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
I'm an Atheist. I find you quoting scripture as an argument for the existence of "God" laughably pathetic and ill-conceived. Have fun with the Rapture today.
First of all, I quoted no scripture to explain the existence of God. I did to tell people not to try to understand this mystery with common knowledge. That's all I did.

By the way, no true christian believed this rapture thing cos we know from Jesus' own words that only the God Almighty knows that particular time. Hit Matt 24:36. It will explain the rest. Camping is no true christian, ignoring the Word like that. Get it at the back of ur minds, THE RAPTURE WILL HAPPEN.


Quote:
So you're basically wasting your time, since we have our minds made up, and you admit you lack the ability to change our opinions.
Exactly. As long as u keep to ur 'common knowledge and logic', no one can help u. All I can do for u is to pray for a change of heart to even listen and then u go make ur decision.

Quote:
For me, if you can give a logical argument about how God does his miracle, then yeah I'd totally believe in him.............
I stopped right there. 'logical argument'? See what am talking abt. I will be wasting my time since u want it 'LOGICAL', which it isn't.

I've had this argument b4 with Mibz, Mal, ACT and Num.

Quote:
Perhaps before you start preaching to us, you should understand your own bible a bit.

Romans 14:1-13
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...
Hahaha, u make me laugh. U are not even in the faith to begin with.

Quote:
Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.


tl;dr, Quit preaching and get your own life in order. Also quit pestering people in book stores. I grew up in a very chritian household, and it pains me greatly when I hear guys at Books-A-Million trying to out-preach one another, and neither has any idea what they're talking about. It almost makes me want to go up to them and say "You're doing it wrong"
Am no saint, not perfect, never said I was. Being a born-again xtian doesnt mean u are a saint. Xtians do wrong, they sin, are fallible, and that is a fact. If u are ready to criticize someone, check to see if u deserve the same critcism. That's what the message is abt.

So if someone does something wrong(xtian or not), we shd overlook it. NO. Jesus' statement is against the kind of HYPOCRITICAL, JUDGMENTAL attitude that tears down others in order to build oneself up(look holy). It is for as to be 'discerning' rather than 'nagative'

A good example is Harold Camping. What he did was wrong and Jesus said to expose such people(Matt 7:15-23)and trust God to be the final Judge(I cor 4:3-5)

Quote:
I'm atheist by the way, but I still know my stuff, and have actually read the ENTIRE bible. If you want to get into some debate over this shit, then just quote a passage, and I'll quote 5 more that completely contradict that shit.....because it does.
See how u are using the same bible u dont trust to try prove ur points. As for 5 more quotes, I will be waiting for them.
__________________
HELL IS REAL

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Gakure For This Useful Post:
Ero-Sage (07-10-2012)
Old 05-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #52
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI
 
Jaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,393
Thanks: 3,584
Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure
HURR HURRR DURF DURF OH GOD I'M SO RETARDED DURR
Quoted for truth.
Jaxon is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-22-2011), kael03 (05-22-2011), Kina (08-01-2011), Miburo (05-22-2011), Numinous (05-22-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #53
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU
 
Gakure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The New World
Posts: 2,553
Thanks: 1,682
Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure
HURR HURRR DURF DURF OH GOD I'M SO RETARDED DURR
Quoted for truth.

Hahaha. I know. No need to pour fuel into fire.
__________________
HELL IS REAL

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #54
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

Gakure is yet again praying for our souls, while we pray he grows some common sense. It seems that both prays are highly ineffective.

Quote:
Explanation is useless to those who have already made up their minds about God and his existence, and don't give room for changes.
Of course we can change our minds: if we are given highly undeniable proof that God exists, we'd be stupid for not believing in Him. But since such proof is yet to be found, the lack of belief on such a thing as a god is the most logical stance.

Quote:
Everything must be physically, logically and plain in sight before they believe it is true.
Well, duh? How the hell are we to believe X exists if we can't perceive it or obtain a mathematical law that leads to the discovery of the existence of it? You can't simply ask for faith to people who have none (because faith, like theism, is acquired through social interaction, it's not a standard characteristic of the human being).

Quote:
Well, I have news for them, God is Real.
O'rly? Care to prove it within logical parameters, with 0% of faith in it?

Quote:
So is Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus? I think Jesus was a real man (only hugely exaggerated in his feats), but the Holy Spirit? Again, a logical explanation would be appreciated.

Quote:
You cannot understand this mystery until you open your hearts.
And shut our brains, amirite? And why the use of the word "mystery"? It's no mystery, it's either the truth or shenanigans. And by the looks of it, the latter seems to still apply.

Quote:
You cant use your earthly knowledge in this matter.
But it's the only one we have, extrapolating outside of it is more trouble than worth.

Quote:
I pray God will grant you the grace to understand these things.
I hope your God tells you to stop evangelizing people, since it's rude.

Quote:
Check out my sig. HELL IS MORE THAN REAL.
We don't believe in hell, so why scare us with it? That's as effective as robbing a bank with a rubber ducky. And didn't your parents tell you that is rude to verbally assault people? Because argument ad infernum is pretty much it.

Quote:
By the way, no true christian
Define true Christian. Please, enlighten me, because with so many sects of Christianity, which one is the "true" one? And what is the right approach to the Bible that a "true" Christian should do, literal or more flax? Please, the expression you used is so loaded that I'm very confused by it.

Quote:
By the way, no true christian believed this rapture thing cos we know from Jesus' own words that only the God Almighty knows that particular time. Hit Matt 24:36.
I did better, I checked the whole chapter 24:

Quote:
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

I checked the Greek for you, humas, and it's very specific on the intention: Jesus was talking about the disciples, not the Christians in general, so the end of the world should have come shortly after the lifetime of the disciples. Which is reinforced by this verse:

Quote:
34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
So the world already ended if you are to trust the Bible. Which everyone and their mothers know it didn't, or else we wouldn't be talking here, so no rapture for you!

Quote:
Get it at the back of ur minds, THE RAPTURE WILL HAPPEN.

Let's put aside the fact I already debunked this, but so what? Who are the "true" Christians that we'll be target of it? See how this disaster of an expression kicks you in the back?


So let's take the most lax definition of it and say it's everyone that consider themselves Christians. That's 2 billion people out of the picture, and certainly a lot of us in the forum would lose many people dear to us, the upside is that the economy would receive an heck of an overhaul, we wouldn't need as much resources as we do (therefore things like fuel, food, clothes, among others, would be much cheaper), Christian abandoned wealth could be distributed to poorer countries, Christian estate could be given to poor and/or homeless people, science would progress much smoother without the Christian moral dogs, etc. So you guys getting raptured is pretty much the best thing ever to the rest of the world.


And all that Antichrist and demons shenanigans? Nuke them! Falling stars? Bunkers! Water turning into absinthe? We already have water filters to turn salty water into fresh water, absinthe would be easy as pie (and it'd be temporary, since the Bible says it just happens with the passing of the Absinthe star/comet). The world nowadays has a lot of ways to counter things that spooked Bronze Age farmers, so I'm not the least bit worried about the future of the human race, even if the fairy tails of the Bible are true.



Quote:
Exactly. As long as u keep to ur 'common knowledge and logic', no one can help u.

As long as you keep preaching instead of doing something more productive with your time, none can help you.


Quote:
Hahaha, u make me laugh. U are not even in the faith to begin with.

So only Christians can use the Bible to kick your sorry ass? Nice double standards!


Quote:
Being a born-again xtian doesnt mean u are a saint.

Oh boy, the "born again" crap. Isn't being "born again" passing through the sacrament of baptism (at least by Acts 2:38)? If that's so, I should be considered "born again", since I was baptized, and yet I'm an atheist.


I know, I know, you are referring to truly accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and the rest of the spiritual truckload, but by observation of my Christians friends, they always believed in all of that since they have memories, so I really don't get that interpretation of "born again". But maybe it's a cultural dissonance, being the US mainly protestant while Portugal is mainly catholic.

Quote:
Am no saint, not perfect, never said I was. Being a born-again xtian doesnt mean u are a saint. Xtians do wrong, they sin, are fallible, and that is a fact. If u are ready to criticize someone, check to see if u deserve the same critcism. That's what the message is abt.
So, if Christians in practical terms aren't better than non-Christians, what's there for us? Poor literacy bad enough to not being able to write "about"?

Quote:
See how u are using the same bible u dont trust to try prove ur points.
Because the best way to shut up evangelizing buffoons like you is to make them taste their own medicine.

So, since by the inflection on the "true" Christians and being born-again, I'm sure you would:
  • Allow being castrated and not marry just to get a spot in heaven. (Matthew 19:10-12)
  • Send your wife (that you no longer love) to be stoned to death with the excuse of "she wasn't a virgin we got hitched" and the parents couldn't prove she was a virgin. (Deuteronomy 22:13-21)
  • Stone a man to death for working on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:32-36)
  • Kill birds, wash others in the dead bird's blood, shake them to sprinkle the blood towards the leper to cure him. But no, that's not enough for the cure: you also would kill a lamb and place its blood on the ill and then kill 2 more birds as offerings, then you have the leprosy washed off! (Leviticus 14:1-32)
  • Offer your virgin daughters to sexual predators if you think that'll protect the asses of supernatural manifestations that are dining at your home (Genesis 19:1-8)
5 examples of many in the Bible that work wonders against apologists and evangelists.

So, Gakure, I have nothing against you in other matters, but when it comes to God & Zombie Jesus and whatever, just sit down and have a nice cup of shut-the-fuck-up.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-22-2011), Demi-God (05-22-2011), kael03 (05-22-2011), Miburo (05-22-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-22-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011), Vishnu (07-29-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #55
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Num... I love you in a totally non-homosexual way.
kael03 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-22-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011), Vishnu (07-29-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #56
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Num... I love you in a totally non-homosexual way.
Good, or else Gakure would have to stone us, in the bad way >.>
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-22-2011), kael03 (05-22-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-22-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011), Vishnu (07-29-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #57
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
I did to tell people not to try to understand this mystery with common knowledge.
Why?

If someone said that invisible magic space turtles (Or whatever totally imaginary thing that I make up) existed and are real, and logic and reasoning don't work in regards to them, would you believe him? I'm hoping you'd say no.

What makes what you're doing in here any different than that? I assume you don't believe in the existence of any imaginary thing I make up. And I assume you don't believe in the gods in norse mythology, greek mythology, the deities in hinduism, the kami in shintoism, etc. Despite the fact that your god has the same amount of evidence supporting his existence as all those deities have supporting theirs. That being none, of course. What makes your god different? Why believe in your god over, say, Odin? I mean, fuck, at least Odin is cool.
Miburo is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-22-2011), kael03 (05-22-2011), Kina (08-01-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #58
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,200
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
Exactly. As long as u keep to ur 'common knowledge and logic', no one can help u. All I can do for u is to pray for a change of heart to even listen and then u go make ur decision.
If you want to pray, then do so, but keep it to yourself. I for one have long since made my mind up on this issue, and there's nothing you can do to change my mind. I'm certainly not going to sit here and try to talk you out of your beliefs. You have every right to believe what you will, just as I have the right not to. Difference is, I don't have a "holier then thou" attitude, and attempt to convert people over the internet. Because I'm humble like that....just like jesus. Oh, snap.

Quote:
I stopped right there. 'logical argument'? See what am talking abt. I will be wasting my time since u want it 'LOGICAL', which it isn't.

I've had this argument b4 with Mibz, Mal, ACT and Num.
What? You can't be christian and logical at the same time?

Quote:
Hahaha, u make me laugh. U are not even in the faith to begin with.
That's right. I see the bible as nothing more then parables. Most of it's good stuff to live by. Does anyone really need faith to understand the meaning behind the stories. Of course not. In fact, it's because I'm not blinded by unyielding faith, that I can see the meanings much clearer then you.


Quote:
Am no saint, not perfect, never said I was. Being a born-again xtian doesnt mean u are a saint. Xtians do wrong, they sin, are fallible, and that is a fact. If u are ready to criticize someone, check to see if u deserve the same critcism. That's what the message is abt.
That's exactly the point. Now apply it to yourself.

Also wtf is this Xtian shit? Aren't you proud to be a christian? If so call yourself one.

Quote:
See how u are using the same bible u dont trust to try prove ur points. As for 5 more quotes, I will be waiting for them.
It's the fact I'm using your bible to disprove you that IS the point. Apparently the irony went over your head.
__________________

ask me anything is offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #59
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jesus, not the first

I believe in the Golden calf
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-22-2011)
Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #60
Vishnu
Hunter-Nin
 
Vishnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Romania
Posts: 1,328
Thanks: 1,857
Thanked 2,172 Times in 789 Posts
Vishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Actually is like AMA said, the bible is an alegory of parables. You cannot actually apply to the society that we are living in the whole biblical concept of life. My country in terms of religion os based on the Eastern Orthodox Church. This Eastern Orthodox Church promotes ( no other term coming to me right now) the rite of Fasting. For the guys that don't know what fasting means, fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. The irony here is that it's not quite wilingly because e whole mentality is screwed up and it's considered a grave sin if you don't do it. So now i ask, why an entity that is all powerful, that created us the people and everything that we see would care about someone who doesn't eat let's say cheese for a month? So you see, the religion is the first manifestation of fraud to control limited minds. How can you control a population? Threaten it with the hell : eternal sufference if they don't obey what the bible said. Amd who wrote the bible? Men did.

Personally i belive in God, but god only. I don't belive in the church or the rituals. I belive that some entity exists, i don't have rational arguments to support my faith but i'm not a church maniac.

Also, It is not for the gods to decide whether or not Man exists,it is for man to decide whether or not Gods exist.
__________________
When other men blindly follow the truth remember:
Nothing is true!
When other men are limited by morality and law remember:
Everything is permitted!

Quote:
We know the light...but when we shall create the dark?
Check out the new fanfiction bloghttp://celestcity.blogspot.com
Vishnu is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.