Narutard chat thread - Page 1068 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #16006
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Narutard chat thread

↑ I tried that Tullamore Dew you recommended. Pretty good stuff for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
EDIT: @Mibs - I see. I guess I really wasn't active for the horrors this place was that I don't realize how good you folks have made it.
I was insta-banned for a week on two occasions: for calling someone "an idiot on so many levels," and sarcastically saying "thanks for nothing, morons."
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-24-2011), Miburo (05-24-2011), Nerox (05-24-2011), Tabris (05-24-2011)

Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #16007
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
Thanks, been 2 month though :>

I can understand that, but seriously, I couldn't get drunk alone. Luckily one of my roommates is always up for some alcohol if there is need.
I have to say, that this is a 1st. for me as well. Never gotten drunk alone before, whoch should put a thick line under, how sad and depressed I am. Not enough to kill myself, not enough to cut myself, but still very sad and depressed. Also, I have not been writing here for, well, 3-4 months I guess, I got myself a girlfriend, and she kept my busy with other stuff, untill I found out she cheated on me.. Literally threw her out of my apartment, followed by all of her stuff and a good old-fashioned: "Get the fuck off my place, you cheating bitch", slamming the door in her face. To the curious ones, she told me her side of the story, and knowing her, it was not 100% true.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #16008
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

OK, first off - you can't drink to fix anything. If life sucks and you're depressed, drinking won't fix it. What drinking does is make things a little mellower, a little easier to swallow and, if applied correctly, a little easier to move on. Mainly because you loose inhibitions and end up taking home that girl you never would have, for any number of reasons, and you learn that A) there is other enjoyments in life and B) you just slept with an uggo and know you can do better so shape the fuck up.

Plus, hangovers teach you that as low as you are, there's a long way down.

As for surgery - sucks. What kind? If you're set to lose a kidney, I say light it up for as long as you can, cause it's all about watching your behavior after that.

As for girls - women are bitches, men are jerks. It just won't change. She cheated, push her out the door, go find some friends and just do something fun. Find a girl to slam for no reason other than you can. Or don't. Life goes on.

OG - I do watch Supernatural, but intermittently. I have downloaded season one to start from the beginning. It'll be boring summer nights and rainy days until good tv comes back... but the way most of the shows I watch are going, I have a lot of empty nights. Even freakin' House has gone and tried to ruin a sure thing.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-24-2011), Miburo (05-24-2011), Nerox (05-24-2011), OG (05-24-2011), TheBaron (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #16009
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

OK, adding this - just poured a finger and half of El Dorado 5-year Rum. You are no longer drinking alone but with internet personalities. Feel better?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (05-24-2011), Miburo (05-24-2011), Nerox (05-24-2011), Shrike (05-24-2011), TheBaron (05-24-2011), Tzu Men (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #16010
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
OK, first off - you can't drink to fix anything. If life sucks and you're depressed, drinking won't fix it. What drinking does is make things a little mellower, a little easier to swallow and, if applied correctly, a little easier to move on. Mainly because you loose inhibitions and end up taking home that girl you never would have, for any number of reasons, and you learn that A) there is other enjoyments in life and B) you just slept with an uggo and know you can do better so shape the fuck up.

Plus, hangovers teach you that as low as you are, there's a long way down.

As for surgery - sucks. What kind? If you're set to lose a kidney, I say light it up for as long as you can, cause it's all about watching your behavior after that.

As for girls - women are bitches, men are jerks. It just won't change. She cheated, push her out the door, go find some friends and just do something fun. Find a girl to slam for no reason other than you can. Or don't. Life goes on.

OG - I do watch Supernatural, but intermittently. I have downloaded season one to start from the beginning. It'll be boring summer nights and rainy days until good tv comes back... but the way most of the shows I watch are going, I have a lot of empty nights. Even freakin' House has gone and tried to ruin a sure thing.
Damn. You made me use my brain to read that.. Well, in your own order:

I know that drinking doesn't fix anything, but I like the idea of alcohol, since it normally makes everything so much more fun. Even "Grease".

2nd. I don't get hangovers - I am lucky as a million $$ winner of the lottery.

I have my toenails grown into the flesh, and growing downwards, which means excruciating pain all the time, and no sports at all. Which sucks. I love doing sports.. They are gonna operate on both feet, which could cost me my job. So I am quite nervous about that.

Finally, I want to add, that I am not in any way suicidal, if any of you should have the least concern about that.

Also, ACT - I like the symbolic value of you pouring yourself a little something. Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #16011
ACt
Heart Wizard

No problem, but just so you know - I'm drinking with cats, so in no way am I the loser drinking alone.

EDIT: But, man. Warm weather and rum ... I can almost feel summer. Now, if only my backyard mint would grow faster and it will be mojitos for everybody.

Last edited by ACt; 05-24-2011 at 07:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-24-2011), Nerox (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #16012
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

Well - I have a cat too. And he does not drink my alcohol, so he is not drunk. Thankfully. I hate cleaning up cat-vommit enough already, should he be drinking, it would be far worse.. Fat fucker..
Old 05-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #16013
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
↑ I tried that Tullamore Dew you recommended. Pretty good stuff for the price.
Indeed it is. For a cheap one it's very enjoyable. It even tasted good with Soda. Been a long time since I drank good whiskey myself...I think I might try a new scotch these days. You guys know any smooth, "fruity" ones?

@Baron: Situation sucks dude, but chin up. I currently have no better advice than the rest, sorry.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #16014
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

Quote:
Indeed it is. For a cheap one it's very enjoyable. It even tasted good with Soda. Been a long time since I drank good whiskey myself...I think I might try a new scotch these days. You guys know any smooth, "fruity" ones?

@Baron: Situation sucks dude, but chin up. I currently have no better advice than the rest, sorry.
Don't be sorry - I am the one sorry. You should instead be happy, that you are not me (Might sound overdramatic, which it is obviously not...)

Also, so far, I only have ½ bottle of rum left, so I will probably head to bed soon... :P
Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #16015
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
I have my toenails grown into the flesh, and growing downwards, which means excruciating pain all the time, and no sports at all. Which sucks. I love doing sports.. They are gonna operate on both feet, which could cost me my job. So I am quite nervous about that.
Don't you have any kind of disability leave? I would expect it to be illegal to fire someone because they have a legitimate medical condition which prevents them from working. I know a friend of mine milked the system for all it's worth the two or three times he had surgery for his in-grown toe nails.

Quote:
How much are you looking to spend? Glenfiddich 18yo has a bit of an apple cinnamony flavour.

Last edited by Mal; 05-24-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #16016
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

Quote:
Don't you have any kind of disability leave? I would expect it to be illegal to fire someone because they have a legitimate medical condition which prevents them from working. I know a friend of mine milked the system for all it's worth the two or three times he had surgery for his in-grown toe nails.
Well - the owner of the restaurant I work for, does literally not give a fuck about rules. He does whatever the hell he likes, including breaking the rules, make illegal money etc. etc. He has some friends, who are part of a bikergang called "Hells Angels", so even if we report him for breaking the contract, he would just send a team of guys to beat ppl. up - so either way, he wins in some way or another. However, I have 2 weeks of vacation left, but this does probably only cover 1 foot. I have 2 feet, that need fixing and surgery
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #16017
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I like cheese.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-24-2011), Tabris (05-25-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #16018
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

Cheese has nothing to do with gangraping. Although, I like cheese as well.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #16019
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:

How much are you looking to spend? Glenfiddich 18yo has a bit of an apple cinnamony flavour.
Was looking something other than Glenfiddich. But I could get a bottle of Glenfiddich for the cabinet...Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
Well - the owner of the restaurant I work for, does literally not give a fuck about rules. He does whatever the hell he likes, including breaking the rules, make illegal money etc. etc. He has some friends, who are part of a bikergang called "Hells Angels", so even if we report him for breaking the contract, he would just send a team of guys to beat ppl. up - so either way, he wins in some way or another. However, I have 2 weeks of vacation left, but this does probably only cover 1 foot. I have 2 feet, that need fixing and surgery
Seriously, why don't you quit? It seems to me that this guy is a criminal and you don't have to work for one. Pretty sure you could get another job as well...
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-24-2011), Miburo (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #16020
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

[/QUOTE] Seriously, why don't you quit? It seems to me that this guy is a criminal and you don't have to work for one. Pretty sure you could get another job as well...[/QUOTE]

Well - Since I only have 9 months left to finish my education as a chef, including 2 terms of school, each 10 weeks length, making 5 months of schooltime, it is difficult for me to find any place, that want's me as an employee. Because I have such short time left, nobody really wants me, and therefor I basically have to stay here. It is only until march 2012, and I start school late october. So, I don't have that much to worry about. Only problem is the owner, who appears to like firing ppl. just for the fun of it. All I have to show him is the papers related to the surgery, and all should be fine. Still, with him, you never know. So I am quite nervous.