Remember remember the 25th of January - Page 16 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #226
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Remember remember the 25th of January

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
I also agree with ACt.
A dollar five; boo-ya!
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #227
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
By the way Mal, we once discussed the topic of the Oil Sands...I read today, that China is hording that stuff like crazy. Seems like that we have to buy our oil from china in 50 years.
I think any hording being done by China is, at the moment, meant only to increase their "personal" supply so they aren't immediately hit by ever increasing oil prices once we hit peak oil (which should be happening soon, or already has). By 2050, unless there is a drastic change in oil consumption, oil production will be roughly half of what it is today.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (02-16-2011), Nerox (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #228
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
A dollar five; boo-ya!
Well, I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

Maybe you're right. But China is buying all sorts of important ressources. Silicium for example. I think China holds the largest amount of Silicium and minerals where Silicium can be found in. And it will be important unless we can make another technological "jump". And I think it might be possible that China is buying Oild Sand form around the world. But well, we will know in some years.

Last edited by Nerox; 02-16-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (02-16-2011), Mal (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #229
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I think any hording being done by China is, at the moment, meant only to increase their "personal" supply so they aren't immediately hit by ever increasing oil prices once we hit peak oil (which should be happening soon, or already has). By 2050, unless there is a drastic change in oil consumption, oil production will be roughly half of what it is today.
The rather alarming thing is that along with oil supply, China is doing the same thing with Canadian farmland, owning large stakes in a lot of Saskatchewan. Add that to the similar relationship with the US, Canada has a lot of its resources spoken for before they even address our own needs. Last I read over 60% of our current oil is ear-tagged for US consumption and we have no recourse to reduce the actual amount, even if production goes down.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (02-16-2011), Mal (02-16-2011), Nerox (02-16-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #230
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

This shit is crazy. The pics of guys body splashing waves of riot police is epic. I'm thankful for the photos, but I cant help think the guys behind the cameras should snapped some shots then joined in.

Nero whats the economic situation in egypt right now? I can imagine all this wreaking havoc on the commercial infrastructure. Leaving gaping wholes for inevitable corporate intervention. Im sure a great deal of income comes from tourism as well, and international travel has had to have slowed.

I fear that if this has taken a hefty enough financial toll. Egypt will be forced to ask for even more foreign economic aid. This situation should be the catalyst for the egyptian government and people, to start breaking outer sources of economic stimulus. I think the US should do the same.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #231
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Axiom, from what I gathered the economic situation in Egypt is getting better. Supposedly merchants are being forced to lower food prices to a more..."sane" price range than what it was when the protests were starting.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Axiom (02-21-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #232
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Yeah, DN earned his reds by leading a manly revolt in Egypt because of lack of brownie recipes. We are now prepared for that... so if you don't get your act together, there will be thousands of angry Egyptians at your door chanting.

Get on it.

Also, things in Egypt have turned a bit ugly I hear (despite the news' best efforts). Anyone seen Darth around?
Anti-revolution forces are slowly killing our victory and the new government + the supreme military council are taking no serious actions to stop it(this is exactly why we can't have nice things),plus all of those dipshit police officers accused of killing the manly protesters are not facing any accusation of any kind AND STILL DOING THERE JOBS. plus Mubarak and his faggots cases are being handled with the most slowpoke chain of action in the history of mankind. plus massive faggotry fucking every way at so many levels which makes the whole thing really depressing for me to talk about it any farther.

The only good thing that happened is that we revived the revolution yesterday (friday 27th) while the Muslim brotherhood refused to join along with the other faggy islamic groups and ran an individual protests else where to object on our revolution revival "cuz it's not of teh country's best benefits", it's good because it was a neat slap on the faces of all those who was saying that those huge numbers were hugley reinforced by the brotherhood and the other islamics. This is the peoples revolution and always will be,and we will continue to triumph.

Oh and am not around much because am really addicted on you guys and right now i need no distractions because i need to focus on my upcoming near as fuck exams who i haven't prepared to for shit.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-28-2011), Mal (05-28-2011), Miburo (05-28-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #233
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

English exams?

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote