Games and all things related - Page 68 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #1006
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Games and all things related

Civilization IV is on sale on Steam today for 75% off, I've never tried a Civ game before but always wanted to, for those that have played it would this be a good one to start with? If s,o I'll get it.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)

Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #1007
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,715 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I'm drawing a blank on the title of a game they demo'd on Tuesday. It was the one where you control Epoch, the only human from Heaven, to take on several of the archangels that came down to Earth and created their own little worlds. Anyone remember the title?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #1008
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

El Shaddai I believe.
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #1009
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, now to see if it's on the PSN like they said it was.
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #1010
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Civilization IV is on sale on Steam today for 75% off, I've never tried a Civ game before but always wanted to, for those that have played it would this be a good one to start with? If s,o I'll get it.
Absolutely. It's a very compelling game, especially if you're a history buff, and double especially if you enjoy methodical, deliberate, strategy games. Civ is no RTS; no twitch action required. It's a turn based game, but with heavy interaction with the map and other nations. There's four ways to win a game: culturally, by building (and defending) world wonders, satisfying your citizens, and being the envy of the world; domination, by wiping out all nations on the map; technologically, by building a spaceship to get colonists to Alpha Centauri, or diplomatically, by founding the UN and leading the world to peace.

Games are generally long winded, but very satisfying, because you micromanage your entire empire down to the worker. You have to balance your priorities with both the other nations and the resources you uncover on the map: broker deals to trade money, declarations of war, tech, or resources with other nations. Combat is very strategic as well, with unique units throughout the ages for each civilization.

I started in this franchise with Civ III, which kept me up well into the morning. I've played Civ IV and its an improvement on all front. So I heartily recommend it.

I haven't played the most recent entry, Civ V, yet, but plenty of people in the Civ community have said Civ IV was much better.

Last edited by Trey; 06-09-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (06-09-2011), Jaxon (06-09-2011), Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #1011
Demi-God
BEST

I think I'll be taking the path of domination. But cheers man, think I'll get it now.

Playing a little more ME2 right now, got Mordin and Garrus on my team, not sure what squad to go with once I collect them all, I hear they're all fairly balanced. What did you guys go for? Also, preferring the M-3 Predator Heavy Pistol at the moment, heeeadshot!

Dead Rising 2 is on sale now for 50% off alongside Resident Evil 5.

Edit: Trey, get Steam.
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #1012
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

I mostly had Garrus and the psycho chick, can't remember her name right now. It was a great combo for an Infiltrator. They drew the attention while I sat back and sniped.
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #1013
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

Recently finished a second run through of AssCreed.... The otherwise awesome nature of that character you play would be much more so, if every random guard wasn't as equally adept at scaling walls, and free running about rooftops. Regardless of the fact the many of them are clad in full chain armor, a plate helm, and a long sword. Not to mention I could throw a soldier, off a building, directly into a crowd of his comrades, just to have them look around and say "huh?"

Last edited by Axiom; 06-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-10-2011), Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #1014
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Playing a little more ME2 right now, got Mordin and Garrus on my team, not sure what squad to go with once I collect them all, I hear they're all fairly balanced. What did you guys go for?
Garrus and Grunt were my go-to guys. Garrus sniped, I played midrange, and Grunt got in nice and deep-like.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #1015
Demi-God
BEST

Yeah that was always annoying, full on knights being able to follow me up a building. Too many other games to finish before I get to Ass Creed 2 though, but I definitely want to finish 2 and Brotherhood before Revelations comes out. I wonder if Revelations will have the same type of multiplayer as Brotherhood, sounded interesting.

LN - Yeah, I think that may end up being my team too. Garrus and a Krogan worked well for me last time. Right now using Garrus and Miranda since I haven't unlocked the others yet.

Last edited by Demi-God; 06-09-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #1016
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Any announcement on GTA5?

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #1017
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Big fan of Civ IV - if you like strategy games that involve armies, city improvements and political intrigue, this is your game. Also, a lot of fun to found every religion and laugh at the heathens as they begrudgingly accept your rule, knowing the financial boon to you and that the just have to like you that much more. ;-) However, playing with people is kinda boring as you have to wait for everyone to set up and it can take forever.

Garrus eh? I've been running with Grunt and Thane... even though I also have sniper capabilities. Perhaps I should reexamine the abilities. However, in truth, as long as Grunt is there...
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011), Trey (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #1018
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

I rarely switch teams. Soldier and Infiltrator is mostly Grunt and either Samara or Miranda. I mean, you really don't need AI hacking, just shoot the robots before they shoot you.

Trying out Kasumi as a fix in the team now. She is pretty much unkillable.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #1019
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

I enjoyed Civ 3. Haven't played any of the newer incarnations. Lost many-a-hour on galactic civ 1&2. Usually opted for cultural domination via propaganda, and extensive media campaigns. Allowing the citizens of rival civilizations to simply usurp the power from their leaders, and come join my empire willingly. Didn't have multiplayer that I remember, but sins of a solar empire, which was less about managing economies, politics, and rigid governmental hierarchies(though it did have such things), and was a tad more on the real-time strategy side, but Those has some pretty epically long online campaigns, that could take days if not weeks.

Last edited by Axiom; 06-09-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #1020
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Civ IV for 5€? I think I will get that shit. Never played a Civ game before. Going to play it until the NBA finals game. Go Dirk :>

Edit: Plus expansions for 6,24€...0o I shall get.

Edit2: What the fuck? They want me to enter a code, which I didn't get...sometimes I hate Steam.

Last edited by Nerox; 06-09-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)