Games and all things related - Page 76 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #1126
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

I can understand when a game needs the hardware of two systems to co-op - GTAIV and RDR being prime examples. But when a game can support good old fashioned couch co-op and doesn't, that annoys me. If obscure titles like Gears of War can offer splitscreen multiplayer, why can't massive blockbuster titles like 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand do the same thing? That was the only factor that prevented me from making that my Game Of The Year: All Years.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-16-2011), Miburo (06-16-2011), Servo (06-16-2011)

Old 06-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #1127
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Horde in Mass Effect 3. Fuck that noise. Now, a completely separate, new ME with multiplayer or is entirely multiplayer I can handle. But don't be fucking up my precious Mass Effect trilogy with Goddamn multiplayer.

Next thing we know Dragon Age 3 will have multipla--I've said too much already.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #1128
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

While I do believe that multiplayer is crucial for gaming in general, for specific games like Mass Effect it's entirely unnecessary and even unwanted. Mass Effect is designed to be a fully single player adventure. Giving it multiplayer is a bad move. What's next? inFamous multiplayer?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #1129
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

But inFamous multiplayer sounds very likely. I would be surprised if inFamous 3 didn't include some form of multiplayer, especially now 2 is experimenting with community created content.

Mass Effect 3 is SPACE KNIVES n' EPIC BATTUHLS. Face it, Bioware are aiming for CoD's audience. Any prentention to moral ambiguity, original storytelling and genuine RPG gaming were lost in ME2. Just sit back and accept that ME3 is a blockbuster game, that blockbuster games generally have multiplayer, and stab 12 year-old CoD kiddies with your space knife.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-16-2011), manta (06-17-2011), Miburo (06-16-2011), Servo (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #1130
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Horde in Mass Effect 3. Fuck that noise. Now, a completely separate, new ME with multiplayer or is entirely multiplayer I can handle. But don't be fucking up my precious Mass Effect trilogy with Goddamn multiplayer.

Next thing we know Dragon Age 3 will have multipla--I've said too much already.
Word. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if EA is behind this (being a big company, and being all about the bottom dollar as big companies are wont to do), and ordered Bioware to do it. Hay guize, make sure if you wanna keep ur jerbz, put a multiplayerz mode in der.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Mass Effect 3 is SPACE KNIVES n' EPIC BATTUHLS. Face it, Bioware are aiming for CoD's audience. Any prentention to moral ambiguity, original storytelling and genuine RPG gaming were lost in ME2. Just sit back and accept that ME3 is a blockbuster game, that blockbuster games generally have multiplayer, and stab 12 year-old CoD kiddies with your space knife.
While I don't see a damn thing wrong with SPACE KNIVES n' EPIC BATTUHLS, and I'll reserve judgement of the game until I actually play it, I will admit I have a bad feeling about the game. Especially now that it will allegedly have this hoard MP mode hanging off of it like a malignant tumor. If they've gone even further with the trend of "streamlining gameplay" as they've done with both the ME and DA series, it'll be clear that they only have an interest in marketing these games to the demographic of people with the attention span of a fucking gnat.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #1131
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Oh, ME3 is still a day-one buy for me, and I'm excited as fuck for it. It's mainstream sci-fi entertainment, and I'll take the most casual ME game ever over Avatar any day of the week.
Mal (06-16-2011), Miburo (06-16-2011), Servo (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #1132
Servo
Mega User

I think it would be pretty badass to have a game in the Mass Effect universe, separate from the Shepard story, where you and a buddy or two can play through a lengthy campaign, with the players choice between couch co-op or online. Each person picks not only class, but race as well. That shit would never happen in a million years, but a guy can dream....

Miburo (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #1133
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

I don't think enough games aim for that kind of "buddy-cop" feel in co-op. Things like Gears have that "brothers in arms" vibe, but a game where you and a friend are partners in crime would be fantastic. Imagine an ME game where you both create SPECTRE agents, and are given a campaign full of missions you can approach in multiple ways. Say, one person distracts security by keeping them talking in the lobby, while the other sneaks in through the back door. Or, you're assigned to keep a diplomat safe, with one person doing bodyguard duty while the other snipes from the rafters. Or maybe you both do bodyguard duty, or perhaps one of you walks through the crowd looking for assassins. THE CHOICES.
Mal (06-17-2011), Miburo (06-16-2011), Servo (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #1134
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Jax, your post about how ME3 has lost the original storytelling and genuine RPG elements made me think the awful, awful thought of non-singleplayer Shadow of the Colossus. Now I need to find a way to purge this injustice to gaming from my conscience.
The Following User Says Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (06-17-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #1135
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
I don't think enough games aim for that kind of "buddy-cop" feel in co-op.
Absolutely. Even though a lot of people were lukewarm on the Army of Two games, I thought they were brilliant, at least in concept. A game designed specifically for you and a buddy to play through together and kick the shit out of things using superior tactics.

Quote:
Imagine an ME game where you both create SPECTRE agents, and are given a campaign full of missions you can approach in multiple ways. Say, one person distracts security by keeping them talking in the lobby, while the other sneaks in through the back door. Or, you're assigned to keep a diplomat safe, with one person doing bodyguard duty while the other snipes from the rafters. Or maybe you both do bodyguard duty, or perhaps one of you walks through the crowd looking for assassins. THE CHOICES.
A game like that would be amazing. Shit, I would actually be alright with them tacking on a mode with trendy, frag-fest nonsense just to ensure that the game gets made.

Miburo (06-16-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #1136
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
be a Krogan
YYEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
Warband, Co-op
YYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!

Quote:
Imagine an ME game where you both create SPECTRE agents, and are given a campaign full of missions you can approach in multiple ways. Say, one person distracts security by keeping them talking in the lobby, while the other sneaks in through the back door. Or, you're assigned to keep a diplomat safe, with one person doing bodyguard duty while the other snipes from the rafters. Or maybe you both do bodyguard duty, or perhaps one of you walks through the crowd looking for assassins. THE CHOICES.
Or MULTIPLE MANLY VANGUARD KROGANS FUCKING SLAMMING INTO FUCKING EVERYTHING YEEEAAAAHHHH!!

Don't care about ME3 delay or a ME3 coop multiplayer addition (Assuming it's separate from the main game.) Whatever. Manly Mercenary mode in RE5 is coop awesomeness that is just an add-on in addition to the main game. So add-on coop modes are cool as far as I'm concerned. Even more so if they're well done and bad ass. And if it sucks then I just won't play it, so no biggie. Shit-tons of kick ass games coming out around the end of the year that will easily be able to keep most gamers occupied for a while, so not a huge deal that it's delayed until early next year. I know I'll be slaying fucking demons and shit in Dark Souls and slaying fucking dragons and shit in Skyrim for a long ass time. So no worries. Yeah!
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-17-2011), Jaxon (06-17-2011), Mal (06-17-2011), Nerox (06-17-2011), Servo (06-17-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #1137
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

So I shot this guy in the face so hard it became embedded in the ceiling.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-19-2011), kluang (06-19-2011), Mal (06-19-2011), Nerox (06-19-2011), Servo (06-19-2011), That1CheezyGuy (06-19-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #1138
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

So I shot this guy in the face so hard it became embedded in the ceiling.
There's a nail gun type weapon that lets you pin bad guys to different surfaces. I once used it to pin a soldier to a handrail by his hip.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-19-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #1139
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Saved the galaxy again... for now. Friggin' Moridin - funny guy, shit fighter. Went and got himself killed preventing my "everybody lives" achievement. Now, if it had been the useless hipster Jack, probably couldn't be bothered... but I just can't leave a scientist behind, dammit! Will need to repeat.

Also... whole end plot didn't really make sense. Maybe I missed something because so much dialogue, but seriously... it's like they didn't know how to explain it so they just gave you a cool looking final boss or something. Oh well. Bring on the Reapers.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Nerox (06-19-2011), Servo (06-19-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #1140
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Also... whole end plot didn't really make sense. Maybe I missed something because so much dialogue, but seriously... it's like they didn't know how to explain it so they just gave you a cool looking final boss or something. Oh well. Bring on the Reapers.
Which part didn't make sense?
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-19-2011)