The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 918 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #13756
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Baseball sucks. Most boring major sport in America by far in my opinion. Football >>>> basketball = hockey >.........> fucking baseball.

Also, it's the late Tupac's birthday today, so I'll be bumping his greatest hits all day.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Tabris (06-16-2011)

Old 06-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #13757
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

How long is a baseball game?

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #13758
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Too damn long.

But it averages ~ two or three hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Tabris (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #13759
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
9 innings averages a few hours. Sometimes more because they'll need extra innings to break a tie.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #13760
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
9 innings averages a few hours. Sometimes more because they'll need extra innings to break a tie.
Much shorter then cricket.

In cricket, two-innings matches have at least six hours of playing time each day

and in test they played for 3 to 5 days.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #13761
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Also, began re-reading the series in prep for Dance with the Dragons. I'm actually impressed how much the miniseries has gotten spot on with novel. I knew that certain character traits and scenes were from the book or close enough, but some are direct rips. Just read Tyrion double slapping Joffrey in front of Sandor... pretty much as is in the show as the book. Very cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
Finally started reading the books, and after that I'll watch the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Yeah, wasn't a good episode for nearly all of my favorite dudes. = (
I MUST READ THESE BOOKS! Im into it, and do not think I will want to wait another season for more. Its kind of telling in my opinion of the author, to have Lord Stark go out the way he did. So often in these fantasy type settings one would expect a character of his nature, to overcome overwhelming odds, to then succeed in the end. I did not expect it to unfold in this manner. Would be nice to see his daughter poke that pig sticker into that prattling incestuous twit of a king.

Im kind of digging Tyrion, I have the distinct feeling he is a far more honorable man then he allows others to realize. Wouldn't doubt for a second that he has plans perpendicular to the remaining lannistar clan..... We shall see.

I think my favorite scene so far was a few episodes back, when tyrion outed Lady Stark in the tavern. When she proceeded surreptitiously to illicit the support of the men at arms seated for a drink. "This man entered my house... as a guest, and there conspired to murder my son. A boy of ten. In the name of the King, and the good lords you serve. I call upon you to seize him, and help me return him to winterfell, to await the kings justice." Got a chill down my back when she resolutely spoke those words, and then those blades were simultaneously unsheathed. Its just to bad all those who aided her died to the first set of stick wielding tribal mooks they happened upon.=/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Republican Presidential debate. Oh, my bleeding logic appendage...
I fear that particular appendage has grown vestigial in the realm of american politics. That debate was a debacle, very little in the way of actual substance. The only person who did the event due justice imo was Ron paul, and even though it was not his best showing, at times being a bit to long winded for his own good. He was the only one that spoke creatively. Daring to stray from a preconceived, heavily edited, and surely over rehearsed talking points. That is to say Ron was the only candidate to have an actual genuine thought on anything, oppose to *regurgitated rivalistic rhetoric(*Hmmm say that five times fast)..... That may be a tad harsh. Romney spoke quasi-eloquently on health care, but yeah such glimmers of presidential worthiness were far and few.
The blame, I think does not solely rest on the shoulders of these zombiefied presidential hopefuls though. King did an outstandingly poor job in his role as 'moderator' if you can call it that. Not sure what his career as a political pundit has garnered that lends credence to his ability to run something of this nature..... but yeah, I was thoroughly unimpressed with his performance as well.

I tell you who needs to oversee one of these events. Robert-freaking-Krulwich. I saw him moderate a discussion at the New York Public Library in conversation between Steven Johnson and Kevin kelly, back in October of last year(Watch the video or read the transcript, it was enjoyably thought provoking). He did a fantastic job playing an antagonistic role, purposefuly challenging thee ideas of the participants. When ever one of these renowned authors got to speaking on a subject, that was obviously a rehearsed topic straight out of their books. Krulwich did a fantastic job of throwing metaphorical wrenches into the machinery, forcing Steve and Kevin off posture. To speak creatively. To prove, and justify their views.

Thats the kind of thing I would like to see in these national party, and presidential debates. Que sera....
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #13762
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

@ walloftext:

Tyrion is by far the one character I will forever take away from SoIaF. He's a great character on so many levels. When his storyline was put aside for book 5, meaning he hadn't a page in book 4, I was upset. This summer shall rectify that. Also, the rest of the Lannisters are great characters that go through a sweeping arc of a story... even though they are villainous for the most part, the whole story could be about them and you wouldn't mind.

Not that the other families aren't good too, just that the Lannisters just seem to dominate the scenes in such a good way.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #13763
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Ron Paul is the closest thing to a double agent that the Democrats have against the Republicans. That being said, yes, Ron's bits were a lot more tangible than the other dick stroking, rimjobbing, and otherwise knob gobbling shenanigans that were happening on that stage. Michele Bachmann alone made me want to slit the wrists of a starving immigrant child, but Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty, and Mitt Romney? Holy batshit-bandwagon, Batman. Herman Cain almost had me won over with this "I'm not a politician" introduction, but then it was all downhill from there. The "This or That questions" were unprofessional and out of place, none of the candidates save for Ron Paul actually answered a question, and the amount of Obama/Obamacare bashing reminded me of third graders, which might be giving the Republicans too much credit.

Now, so I don't sound horribly skewed, the Democratic party is one giant, crying vagina that constantly relents to the vigorous pounding from the dicks in the Republican party and compromises on important issues that will benefit the country.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #13764
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...nsidering.html

One and a Half Man.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Tzu Men (06-19-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #13765
Trey
Legendary

Bridesmaids was an okay movie. My lizard brain approves.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #13766
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

So I totally scored a ticket to the Carnival of Chaos in August. 3 day event, free camping, like 30 bands (mostly death and black metal) and it's being headlined by Mushroomhead with shows from Kittie, and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head (I have the info around but I don't want to dig it out), all for $25. I am excited.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
01purple (06-19-2011), Nerox (06-19-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #13767
01purple
Owlett

Thanked 1,373 Times in 913 Posts
01purple is on a distinguished road01purple is on a distinguished road

$25? Damn. That's fantastic.
01purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #13768
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01purple View Post
$25? Damn. That's fantastic.
Here's a list of bands on the card I got:
Mushroomhead (headlining)
Bleeding Through
Ventana
Kittie
X Factor 1
6 Prong Paw
Razor Kasket
Tumult
Gravel Pit
Flood the Desert
Trudg
Kill Tomorrow
Full Strike Frenzy
2nd System
Sin Theorem
Self Infliction
Stone the Manic
Dead Against
Weddg
Breach and Destroy
Mine Enemies Fall
All Ends Black
Bury the Silence
Kindred
Fable of Deceit (I got the tickets from the guitarist, whose younger brother is friends with my best friend's sister)
Failed Society
Damascus
Chaotic Line
Spare the Messenger
From Blue to Grey
Pain Therapy
Nu Skin
Hail of Fire
Drawing Down the Moon
Fatal Demise
Pass of Aggression
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Dozic

On top of the music there are a bunch of other side events like:
Professional Midget Wrestling by Half Pint Brawlers
Miss Pussykatt and the Daredevil Dolls
Body Suspensions by Escape
Custom Glass Blowing (the guitarist's brother might be there with some merchandise, since he does glass blowing)
Wet T-shirt contests
Body Painting
Lingerie Oil Wrestling and Pillow Fighting tournaments (I'm much looking forward to this)
and Kat the Midget Entertainer

All this for $25 >_>
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
01purple (06-19-2011), kluang (06-19-2011), Nerox (06-19-2011), Shrike (06-19-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #13769
01purple
Owlett

Thanked 1,373 Times in 913 Posts
01purple is on a distinguished road01purple is on a distinguished road

Jesus. That's crazy. I'm spending $40 on Megadeth tickets and the event lasts like three hours.

You really hit the jackpot. XD
01purple is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 01purple For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-19-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #13770
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, but to be fair, fuckin' Megadeth.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
01purple (06-19-2011), Nerox (06-19-2011), Shrike (06-19-2011)