Forum Manga Expansion - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #31
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Forum Manga Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Wow, I'm lovin' vagabond and eden. Thanks mibs!
How far are you into Vagabond? I read the first few chapters a long way back, but could pick it up again if enough people wanted to start up a "Let's all read Vagabond" thread.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
xxMESTxx (06-25-2011)

Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #32
Lightning
Genin

Lightning is an unknown quantity at this point

im about a 150 pages into chapter 1, then several NSFW pages popped out. lawl. almost got caught by our art director.

I'll continue reading when i get home.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #33
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Since it hasn't been mentioned, I thought I'd do it. Basilisk. Great "short" manga, 34 releases. Some time since I read it, but I can thoroughly recommend it.

http://www.mangavolume.com/serie-arc...angas-basilisk

And also one manga I read a long time ago and have no idea how it has progressed is AIKI. Also a Seinen manga, crude humour, sexual themes and martial arts. Weird but quite fun to read in my opinion.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/aiki/

Last edited by Nerox; 06-24-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (06-24-2011), Spiegel (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #34
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

I was actually into vagabond before naruto started taking a turn for the gay.. i mean worse.. well you know what I meant. I LOVED the fucking art style, but after about 175 chapters or so, I stopped. I didn't really get the whole point behind the Kojiro dude, i lost interest and here i am lol.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #35
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
Since it hasn't been mentioned, I thought I'd do it. Basilisk. Great "short" manga, 34 releases. Some time since I read it, but I can thoroughly recommend it.

http://www.mangavolume.com/serie-arc...angas-basilisk

And also one manga I read a long time ago and have no idea how it has progressed is AIKI. Also a Seinen manga, crude humour, sexual themes and martial arts. Weird but quite fun to read in my opinion.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/aiki/

I just got through reading basilisk a couple of days ago, after hearing Spiegel recommended it. I was going to read a few chapters at a time, but I just couldn't stop, and read it all at once. Fuck Yeah!!! Now that's an awesome ninja story, with an epic ending. I'll check out AIKI when I get a chance. Gotta read some AG stories first. =D

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #36
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

someone need to sticky this

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
That1CheezyGuy (07-02-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 01:28 AM   #37
Lightning
Genin

Lightning is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrug View Post
I was actually into vagabond before naruto started taking a turn for the gay.. i mean worse.. well you know what I meant. I LOVED the fucking art style, but after about 175 chapters or so, I stopped. I didn't really get the whole point behind the Kojiro dude, i lost interest and here i am lol.
im currently in the kojiro chapters. I don't get it either. I thought the kojiro dude got killed already? so are all the kojiros roaming around fakes?
Old 06-25-2011, 02:49 AM   #38
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Seems the general consensus is vagabond, i think it would definitely entertain me, plan to start reading tommorow night, its way to late now haha.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:05 AM   #39
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Eden

Started reading it, had no clue what the fuck was going on. But once you get in a bit it's pretty awesome. I actually can't even figure out how to describe what it's about. So just take my word on it, it's pretty good. When have I ever been wrong about shit? Come on. I wouldn't let you guys down.

You know how in that shitty mango called naruto pretty much no one ever dies? This mango is almost like the exact opposite of that. I was constantly like "Oh, hey. This guy is pretty fucking cool...," and then a couple pages later he'd step on a landmine or get fucking liquified by a barrage of gunfire or some shit.

Link:http://view.thespectrum.net/series/eden-volume-01.html
FUCK YEAH. This was pretty much the first thing that popped into my head when I started reading this thread. Loved that manga. Kenji = <3

Anyway;

Battle Royale -Seinen (Koushun Takami)

Based off a novel, it's a manga about a modern gladiator-like game thing, where they take classes of kids, give em weapons and have them all fight each other to the death. While it's happening they record it and then broadcast it as a show. And if you're wondering I don't think they're trying to play it off as a fake or anything. It seems that the government is completely alright with the whole thing since it brings in a lot of money.

http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_sca..._Battle-Royale

Also, prepare to lol when you see the artwork of the spin off manga "Battle Royale 2: Blitz Royale."

Also, read Gantz.

http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_sca...ew=manga_Gantz

Edit: Also, about the Death Note thing. Yeah, he was a genius, but his ego got in his way. He wanted to show the world that he is a god not to be fucked with, and L showed the world that he couldn't kill anyone he wanted. And because of that Light put himself at risk to get closer to L so he could take the fucker down. So there was a reason to make sense of, though it may not have been the smartest, I'm sure Light knew that as well (or rather the authors). Humans can't be all logic and shit because we are bound by passions and emotions. Not to mention if he let L get away, then others might not be as ready to obey his rule.

Last edited by Scientia; 06-25-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #40
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Just started reading something called Ga-Rei after watching some anime called Ga-Rei Zero on netflix. Apparently the anime is a prequel leading up to the start of the manga. Anime was cool no opinion on the manga yet. If you watch the anime first without knowing anything about the series you'll have a WTF just happened moment after watching the first episode. Actually glad I started with the anime first.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
OiB (06-25-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #41
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Only 32 pages into volume 1 of vagabond, but holy fuck, this takezo dude just crushed this other dudes skull against a tree. Hell yeah.

From what i can tell this is def. going to be worth the read.

edit: 69 pages into volume 2 and this shits pretty good. Im getting a kick out of this black monk.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/v...ume+02&page=69

"If a person doesn't realize he's incompetent, thats all the more reason he needs to be told" qft haha

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 06-25-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #42
OiB
Dust Eater

OiB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Just started reading something called Ga-Rei after watching some anime called Ga-Rei Zero on netflix. Apparently the anime is a prequel leading up to the start of the manga. Anime was cool no opinion on the manga yet. If you watch the anime first without knowing anything about the series you'll have a WTF just happened moment after watching the first episode. Actually glad I started with the anime first.
Ga-Rei is an awesome manga. Short and sweet, cool story.

I have a couple of good mangas I think people would enjoy.

Cage of Eden (or Eden no Ori):
Akira and his classmates are travelling on a plane when it crashes onto an island inhabited by species thought to have been extinct. The situation becomes increasingly desperate as some of Akira's classmates are eaten alive, while some kill others in desperation. Now Akira and a few other survivors are trying to survive what seems to be a horrible nightmare. http://www.mangareader.net/213/cage-of-eden.html

Deadman Wonderland:
The Great Tokyo Earthquake. Ten years ago, it destroyed lives as it tore buildings asunder. Among those who lived through the disaster was Ganta Igarashi, now a middle school student finally getting a footing in his own life... that is, until the day the 'Red Man' appears at his school and turns his world upside down again. Ganta's entire class is brutally murdered, and although innocent of the crime, Ganta is sentenced to death and sent to the bizarre prison known as 'Deadman Wonderland.' There, a brutal game of survival begins, where Ganta must discover the truth behind his classmates' murder. Can Ganta break out of Deadman Wonderland... or will it break him first?
http://www.mangareader.net/666/deadman-wonderland.html

Bloody Monday:
A virus deal clinched in Russia on the Christmas eve. Purpose: unknown. Two clues: a mysterious lady Maya, one of the gangsters, and Bloody Monday, the keyword for the project. Then an incident happened in far-distant city of Tokyo. Fujimaru Takagi, a second grade student at Mishiro Gakuin high school, is commissioned to find out the truth by Public Security Investigation Bureau for his great ability as a super hacker. Now, Maya, approaches Fujimaru, as his high school teacher...
http://www.mangareader.net/311/bloody-monday.html ^This is a pretty fast paced series and the hacking aspect of it is done pretty well. If anyone finishes it and likes it, there's a season two available as well.

Medaka Box:
Kurokami Medaka, a first year, is elected as Student Council President, and the first thing she does is establish a suggestion box. Since she was just elected as Student Council President, she's holding all the Student Council's responsibilities, and wearing their armbands. So, she asks her childhood friend Hitoyoshi Zenkichi, for help. <--This is the actual description for this, but it eventually changes pace and introduces a bunch of climatic battles and what not. The fights become the center point of the manga, but they circle around the whole student council aspect so it stays true to the plot.
http://www.mangareader.net/215/medaka-box.html

Hunter x Hunter:
Hunters are a special breed, dedicated to tracking down treasures, magical beasts, and even other men. But such pursuits require a license, and less than one in a hundred thousand can pass the grueling qualification exam. Those who do pass gain access to restricted areas, amazing stores of information, and the right to call themselves Hunters.<--Fucking awesome series. Great fights, excellent character development, people dying, great story, no rainbows. IMO its everything Naruto and Bleach wish they could be. I'd recommend this to anyone. It's on hiatus too so you have time to catch up. http://www.mangareader.net/207/hunter-x-hunter.html

Thanks for the thread ACt.

Last edited by OiB; 06-25-2011 at 01:24 PM.
OiB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OiB For This Useful Post:
Marlboro (06-25-2011), NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2012)
Old 07-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #43
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

So im completely caught up on vagabond now, really manly, awesome manga. when do the new chapters release? or just pretty much whenever?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #44
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Anyone else reading History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi? Solid writing, plenty of chapters, interesting characters, pretty funny, and manly hand-to-hand combat and honor and shit.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #45
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

^Yeah, read a bit of it, almost caught up. Awesome manga.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote