CM PUNK!!!! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
joessj5
Genin

joessj5 is an unknown quantity at this point
CM PUNK!!!!

I dont know who watches wrestling, but if you don't i feel sorry for you. For those of us who do, what do you think about CM Punk throwing the greatest Promo in history!!! June 27, 2011, Cm Punk is the truth!!!!
joessj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: CM PUNK!!!!

I watch and the mic was cut way too conveniently for it to have been anything but scripted. $10 says Punk will ignore the "suspension" and appear on every smackdown and raw until Money in the Bank to hype things up. And I just looked on his facebook, apparently it was spoiled on prowrestling.com that this was just scripted just to further hype up the next PPV.

His argument about not being promoted as much recently I can agree with, but it's because the writers poured so much into his straight-edge life (which is legit) that they can't find an easy out of him being that much of a heel.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
joessj5
Genin

there was no way that this was scripted. talking about vinces death, brock lesner, apersonal story, the conversations in the show are not scripted. It would be cool if he ignored the suspension though
Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Yeah, man. Wrestling doesn't script anything.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (06-30-2011), kael03 (06-28-2011), Miburo (07-01-2011), Numinous (06-28-2011)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by joessj5 View Post
there was no way that this was scripted. talking about vinces death, brock lesner, apersonal story, the conversations in the show are not scripted.
Actually, they are scripted. Every promo shot, every instance of "talking smack", every interview, it's all scripted. The Rock and John Cena have both come out and said that when they make fun of someone, they are given a script but ignore it. During DX's more recent gathering, Triple H even brought out the night's script at the beginning of one Raw. Their popularity allows them to do what they want to do to draw more crowds and make more money for the company.

And if last night wasn't scripted, they would've cut the mic the second Punk mentioned Japan's wrestling circuit or his time at Ring of Honor. Hell, the second he started talking about Heyman and Lesnar they would've cut the mic and the live feed. This "stunt" is just to hype up Money in the Bank, that's all.

Edit: Btw Austin, who is best friends with Vince outside of the WWE storylines, mentioned on twitter that this was all a promo stunt.

Last edited by kael03; 06-28-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
joessj5
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Actually, they are scripted. Every promo shot, every instance of "talking smack", every interview, it's all scripted. The Rock and John Cena have both come out and said that when they make fun of someone, they are given a script but ignore it. During DX's more recent gathering, Triple H even brought out the night's script at the beginning of one Raw. Their popularity allows them to do what they want to do to draw more crowds and make more money for the company.

And if last night wasn't scripted, they would've cut the mic the second Punk mentioned Japan's wrestling circuit or his time at Ring of Honor. Hell, the second he started talking about Heyman and Lesnar they would've cut the mic and the live feed. This "stunt" is just to hype up Money in the Bank, that's all.

Edit: Btw Austin, who is best friends with Vince outside of the WWE storylines, mentioned on twitter that this was all a promo stunt.
I disagree.. They cut his mike, the thing is they werent sure where he was going, if he was going to far, CM Punk is unpredictable. They cut his Mike, right before Bully Camp.. It was definately real, it told the truth. The idea that Cena is the best... Paul heyman... Vince;s Brass rings... he even talks about Vince's death, which superstars, or people are afraid to tlak about... that was real.. That is entirely too much hype for just a money in the bank ppv.. A lot of wrestling is scripted, but not all of it...
Old 06-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

I'm going to go ahead and call you an idiot if you think monday was legit. It is part of a STORYLINE. Several higher ups have already said it was a worked shoot (an interview that appears to be real but is all part of the story). He's already been confirmed to be released from his suspension on the condition that if Cena loses at Money in the Bank he'll be "fired"...again.

Since Punk's contract is supposedly due to expire at Money in the Bank, convenient timing for the story/promotion, why would they just suspend him indefinitely? Think about it for a second. His contract supposedly is up in 2 weeks and they suspend him indefinitely? It would be easier to just say "he was released from his contract" or "he was fired for his actions". "Suspending indefinitely" means he's going to stick around, they're just hyping up the pay-per-view.

Edit for Protip: 99.9% of everything happening in wrestling is scripted. The only times they aren't is when there is a legit injury/death.

Last edited by kael03; 06-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Numinous (06-30-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by joessj5 View Post
A lot of wrestling is scripted, but not all of it...
Everything plot-related is scripted, the only exceptions are when impromptu actions (like some in combats) influence the script itself. Say someone is accidentally knocked-out, they can't possibly do their part in the script, so some improvisation is needed.

Don't be fooled, wrestling is just the testosterone-filled version of soap operas, if they aren't scripted then there wouldn't be any plot linked to the characters.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (06-30-2011), Miburo (07-01-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

The only thing that wasn't scripted, Macho Man Randy Savage fucking Vince's daughter.

OHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HMMMMMMADNESSSSSS

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
kluang (07-01-2011), Miburo (07-01-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
The only thing that wasn't scripted, Macho Man Randy Savage fucking Vince's daughter.

OHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HMMMMMMADNESSSSSS
lolwut? Savage wasn't in anyway involved with McMahon when Stephanie became involved with the business. The only "nonscripted relationship" involving Stephanie was when she started dating Triple H, which H called the worst kept secret in the WWE.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Pro wrestling is unmanly all male dancing soap tv faggotry. No one over the age of 10 that isn't at least mildly retarded likes that shit, and it brings great shame to real wrestling.

I'm talking about the shit shown in the US. I'm sure the japanese version is pretty cool, because japanese dudes can make tons of shit that would normally be stupid pretty cool. Like throwing two bugs in a hermit crab tank turns into epic gladiatorial insect battling.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (07-01-2011), Marlboro (07-01-2011), Numinous (07-01-2011), Spiegel (07-01-2011)
Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #12
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

I don't watch WWE for two main reasons:

1.) It's all acting. And pretty lame at that.

2.) Nexus.

Like the others have said, it's all scripted. And to say otherwise would prove to be stupid.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #13
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
lolwut? Savage wasn't in anyway involved with McMahon when Stephanie became involved with the business. The only "nonscripted relationship" involving Stephanie was when she started dating Triple H, which H called the worst kept secret in the WWE.
It's all a rumor though not a relationship just her virginity xD, mainly brought up because McMahon just plain hates Macho Man.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Soooooooo

Who the hell is this cm punk dude?

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #15
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

He's the new leader of Nexus. Like it didn't already suck enough before. I know this cuz I have fanatic friends.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote