An open letter to the Democrats and the Republicans - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #16
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,709 Times in 3,840 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: An open letter to the Democrats and the Republicans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
Also, I recently found out that the feds stopped printing money. So umm, I just think everything will cost more.
Everything's been costing more because the Federal Government has been printing more money to introduce into the economy in an attempt to boost it/attempt to cycle out older, more easily counterfeited bills. High school economics: if you have more of something, its value goes down. The value of the dollar has been dropping over the past couple decades, so prices/wages have been changing to reflect that.

Like Mibs said, the current system needs to erased. Senators have been in office for decades, raking in money from lobbyists to keep personal agendas up. Congress holds almost as much power as the President (more so in some ways as they can fuck over a Presidential bill by stalling it to death or add their own retarded bullshit), but they don't have term limits? The 2 party system ideology fails, as it divides people instead of helps them. I align myself more with Democrats, as I feel the liberal minds understand what needs to be done to create progress, but I think the Democrats are cowards before the Republicans. The Republicans put more emphasis on religious nonsensical ideology, which in turn inhibits growth of sciences by creating an outlandish form of ethical control.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
KatrinaKatt (07-24-2011), Mal (07-10-2011), Miburo (07-09-2011), Nerox (07-10-2011), Skullbat01 (07-17-2011), UchihaTaijiya (07-10-2011)

Old 07-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

K .
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #18
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
K .
Just trying to point out that it isn't due to money not being printed that shit will cost more, but it's because money was overly printed that shit costs more. Not to mention your "costs increase" assumption is inherently wrong. If you think about it after that lesson, the Federal Government ceasing the printing/distribution of more paper money may actually cause prices to go down, as the dollar's value will (very) slowly rise.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
UchihaTaijiya (07-10-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #19
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

I was saying that I understood what you posted.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #20
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Then actually say that instead of just "k". Text based conversations don't have typical nuances like tone of voice that would convey that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
RNB (07-10-2011), Spiegel (07-10-2011), UchihaTaijiya (07-10-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #21
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

You know, at least there are some people that really understand our problems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5spMjy8uhc

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-10-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #22
Skullbat01
ANBU

Skullbat01 is an unknown quantity at this point

well august second is getting closer my friends

frankly to address alot of issues

1. america may have alot of outspoken political bullshit but go to any European country's system as a point of reference and you'll realize 2 parties is better then 11 (my god!!!! try to get something done there)

2. In recent years we saw G.w gain massive amounts of power for the executive branch unfortunately it had little social power and was mostly militaristic
( something best left to congress 100s > 1 as far as preventing dictatorships)

its a not horrible set up we have its just that the world is changing at a faster pace and it needs to be restructured
( term limits greater then 4 years for the presidency would allow us to avoid the president doing anything more then making pandering speeches like Obama is being constantly relegated to) and term limits for senators would finally stop alot of corruption unfortunately its these same politicians that make that reform impossible

3. I am all for military cuts most of that money goes to the private sector and this raises two issues no one wants to tackle

the last major u.s manufacturing industry is munitions and weapons defense (our tanks our jeeps and of course our bombs) they make money hand over fist but I guarantee if you cut their profits its the POOR factory workers that get screwed

worse then that if you cut the funding people will get in some uproar about how your betraying our soldiers even though the MID is private sector and is actually removing the government jobs that where carried out by enlisted men and woman ( in other words defending the beast that killed 'em)

there is alot more that I could go into but I'm gonna sum it up like this:

while we can all get mad and curse and nitpick the rest of the world does not have it much better its rife with it's own set of issues that can't seem to ever get solved (universal health care being impossible to fund without pissing people of over taxes etc)
whether you want to admit it being an American is a pretty sweet deal,

now as far as economics goes Canada you got no reason to blame the U.S we are NOT entering an age of global economy any idiot who opens up a history book can tell you that since the age of explorations ( and arguably before that) there has been a world economy ALREADY IN PLACE where humanity became interdependent its just that now you can't stick your head in the sand ( a huge flaw with the U.S I admit to that) things will get better this depression won't last forever but it will happen over and over again until humans ( on a personal NOT political basis) change their outlook on the world

Last edited by Skullbat01; 07-17-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Skullbat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #23
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Since this thread is regarding the U.S. national debt, the Speaker of the House just walked away from the table.

Republicans are really starting to show they don't give a damn about the country or the people they supposedly represent, only lining their pockets as shown with their "plan" that would cut costs to education and research yet ask nothing from oil and gas companies. Obama's plan may cut into Social Security, but with the baby boomers getting to retirement age, those of my generation and the next won't see a dime from Social Security.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Since this thread is regarding the U.S. national debt, the Speaker of the House just walked away from the table.

Republicans are really starting to show they don't give a damn about the country or the people they supposedly represent, only lining their pockets as shown with their "plan" that would cut costs to education and research yet ask nothing from oil and gas companies. Obama's plan may cut into Social Security, but with the baby boomers getting to retirement age, those of my generation and the next won't see a dime from Social Security.
The speaker of the House didn't walk away from anything. He simply gave up on trying to settle things with Obama and shifted his discussions towards working something out with the Senate. The House has already passed a budget with an overwhelming majority, including a good many Democrats voting for it. So now he's pushing the Senate to do the same, or at least something similar to his bill, in which they can work out the full details in a joint committee. He's hoping if he can get the Senate (which is still run by a slim Democrat majority) to go along he can force the presidents hand as the deadline gets near. It's a game of chicken and the Republicans are sure that Obama will back down first. And they're probably right.

The fact is major budget cuts are going to be made. They simply have to. Raising the debt ceiling isn't the answer to the problem. If anything the people we owe our debts to are more worried about this matter then we are. They're the ones with nearly $15,000,000,000,000 invested in the problem, and you better believe they want that money back. If the U.S. doesn't show it can handle this problem and get its spending under control, that's going to cause way more uncertainty in the global markets. At this point all raising the debt limit is going to say to the world is "We can't handle the problem", and that's the last message we want to send.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote