Jesus, not the first - Page 7 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #91
Skullbat01
ANBU

Skullbat01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina View Post
It's a remark that some Christians like to make. They'll say that atheists are hateful, gloomy and miserable.
you hit the nail on the head

@Kael03
ohh my "7(?)" was a question about how long the forum has been running

and to respond to your remark this isn't my first account its my 2nd maybe 3rd
I was locked out of the original because my isp has changed a few times over the years so that corresponding email was deleted

yes I know NOW that I could have asked for help from the mods but at 13 I wasn't the brightest bead on the rosary

Last edited by Skullbat01; 08-01-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #92
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

I can't tell if you're agreeing that atheists are hateful or not.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #93
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Sound quality is kinda meh, but George Carlin voices my opinion pretty accurately (yes, I worship the sun and Joe Pechi).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-02-2011), Scientia (08-03-2011), Skullbat01 (08-04-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #94
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Bah - Joe Pechi is a chump. I'd sooner worship Robert DeNiro.

Interesting change of events that I missed over the weekend. But Miburo, pretty much all deities throughout human history have asked for some form of human or blood sacrifice, including the rape, pillaging and conquering of "infidels" of some kind... why should our modern gods be any different? By which, I do not truly advocate for child rape, but that all gods are replaceable and often temporary.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-02-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-03-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #95
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Interesting change of events that I missed over the weekend. But Miburo, pretty much all deities throughout human history have asked for some form of human or blood sacrifice, including the rape, pillaging and conquering of "infidels" of some kind... why should our modern gods be any different? By which, I do not truly advocate for child rape, but that all gods are replaceable and often temporary.
Well, wait wut? If you're saying lolgod, then I totally agree.

I was actually just posting about a discussion I had with some crazies on that one site Fayrra posted about (In which the thread he posted in seems to be missing now. Weird...) regarding what I guess would be the problems of evil. I'm sure it applies to some other gods, especially the ones that are supposedly purely moral, all-powerful, and all-seeing. I just don't know about other religions all that well besides the jesus one.

And I think the manly Norse Heathenism Gods are just suppose to be badasses. Mission fucking accomplished. Now that's a good religion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Skullbat01 (08-04-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 AM   #96
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

I think that he's saying that almost all religions allow irrational killing of somekind, probably including the raping of innocent women and children. Which, as you stated before makes you sick. So, I guess the Norse religion, while not being hypocritical should still make you sick? I know a manga isn't the best thing to base my history off of, but in Vinland Saga I know a lot of the norse people just fucking killed and/or burned the villages/village people simply because they were in their way/needed supplies, etc. It was badass, as in it wasn't like for personal revenge or some shit, but rather they were just in their way or something like that.

Or maybe he's not saying anything like that. lol

Last edited by Scientia; 08-03-2011 at 04:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-03-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #97
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Norse Sacrifice:
Quote:
Sacrifice could comprise of inanimate objects, animals or humans. Amongst the Norse, there were two types of human sacrifice; that performed for the gods at religious festivals, and retainer sacrifice that was performed at a funeral. An eye-witness account of retainer sacrifice survives in Ibn Fadlan's account of a Rus ship burial, where a slave-girl had volunteered to accompany her lord to the next world. Reports of religious sacrifice are given by Tacitus, Saxo Grammaticus and Adam of Bremen.

The Heimskringla tells of Swedish King Aun who sacrificed nine of his sons in an effort to prolong his life until his subjects stopped him from killing his last son Egil. According to Adam of Bremen, the Swedish kings sacrificed males every ninth year during the Yule sacrifices at the Temple at Uppsala. The Swedes had the right not only to elect kings but also to depose them, and both king Domalde and king Olof Trätälja are said to have been sacrificed after years of famine.

Odin, the chief god of the Norse, was associated with death by hanging, and a possible practice of Odinic sacrifice by strangling has some archeological support in the existence of bodies perfectly preserved by the acid of the Jutland (later taken over by the Daner people) peatbogs, into which they were cast after having been strangled. One of the most notable examples of this is the Bronze Age Tollund Man. However, we possess no written accounts that explicitly interpret the cause of these stranglings, which could have other explanations, such as being a form of capital punishment.
Pretty tame in the long run, really. I believe most sacrifices were to be honoured among the gods rather than desired/required by the gods. But yeah, my point was that over time, all association with gods have generally required some level of "life sacrifice" to "appease the gods", which was often closer to "appease the godly". Whether it be the slaughter of animals or virgins to the providing temples with your best produce and sons/daughters for "use" of the priests. Today's religions are, in the long run, no different on many of those levels but are much more secretive about it. I know you were arguing that someone making the case that religion OKs child rape is completely asinine, but I am presenting that these sorts of things have always been associated with gods and religions (and, let's be honest, humanity) that there could be many who see that as a very valid argument - particularly when you look at one catholic church and its inability to even deal with any of their rapists, er, priests beyond moving them to a new seat of power.

It's like scolding the dog for killing chickens by moving it into the coop.

Last edited by ACt; 08-03-2011 at 07:57 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-03-2011), Miburo (08-03-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #98
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't talking about humans doing evil things. I was talking about an all-powerful, all-seeing, perfectly good deity watching little kids be raped and not doing shit about it. So I was criticizing the god himself for doing what we would, under normal circumstances, consider pretty fucked up shit. The only time I was criticizing people is when I was talking about how people will argue that their god doing that shit is still perfectly good by suggesting that him allowing children to be raped is totally morally acceptable; or how they worship such a morally disgusting figure.

Not that religions condone immoral behavior for their followers, though I agree that many do that too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-03-2011), ask me anything (08-03-2011), Scientia (08-03-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #99
ACt
Heart Wizard

Ah, I understand. I was on the tack that gods demand many of these acts of us, and while they don't intervene, it would be thought of as god working through us. For if the gods made us like them, and we are pathetic, vengeful, spiteful dangerous creatures... well.

Although the argument that god asks us for everything and then allows bad things to happen when it is supposed to be able to step in and stop whatever it wants, but doesn't making it an insensitive jerk, is also a good one.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-03-2011), kael03 (08-03-2011), Miburo (08-03-2011), Scientia (08-03-2011), Skullbat01 (08-04-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-03-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #100
Skullbat01
ANBU

Skullbat01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina View Post
I can't tell if you're agreeing that atheists are hateful or not.
sorry I ignored the thread no I was agreeing that its a common tactic used by more fundamentalist christians
they act like christianity is some oppressed minority and use that as an excuse to lash out at anyone who doesn't agree

if my rosary statement was confusing it was an old married with children joke about being stupid a nun made
( and yes if you're wondering I was raised catholic but I by no means advocate the radical 1920s(?) tent revival shit this country has been putting up with for the last 90 years)
Old 08-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #101
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,023 Times in 583 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I wasn't talking about humans doing evil things. I was talking about an all-powerful, all-seeing, perfectly good deity watching little kids be raped and not doing shit about it. So I was criticizing the god himself for doing what we would, under normal circumstances, consider pretty..........
Quote:
.....................Although the argument that god asks us for everything and then allows bad things to happen when it is supposed to be able to step in and stop whatever it wants, but doesn't making it an insensitive jerk, is also a good one.
Don't know abt others but as a xtian, I got ma 2 cents abt this issue

Here goes:

God is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere but the same rules apply. His influence is limited by how much Man lets Him [Individual Issue]. Your rights end when somebody’s own begins [Just as how u can’t come to ma house and order how things shd be to ur liking, the same way I can’t come to ur house to order things to ma liking]. You have to remember this very important thing: God’s words are law even unto Himself. He [Himself] and the whole world are governed by what He had said. The heavens are the Lord’s but the earth He gave to Mankind. So the earth and whatever happens to it is out of his jurisdiction. He has absolutely no influence on how it is run unless the owner [Man] allows Him.

Now, Man was made as a spirit, has a soul and living in an earthly vessel which is the body. The most important part of Man is the soul. It consist the Feelings, the Mind [for thought formulations] and the Will [for choices].

Man’s fall brought about all evil. God is good and he loves us cos we [Man] was His greatest creation. No earthly father gives his child cancer, or breaks his legs, or let them get raped, or do him any evil just to teach him a lesson. How much more God. The point is, I am engulfed by the choices I made as a person.

Most sufferings and I mean MOST are self inflicted. E.g what is God suppose to do when I do crack/joint/alcohol/ecstasy etc when I very well know it kills? Come and knock it out of ma mouth every time I try to? Most evil happening is just due to the lack of common sense. If we could only apply a lil common sense [Like checking the water level in the pool b4 diving head in, Not pointing weapons at people, Staying indoors when storm is coming etc].

what about victims of rape, carjacking, robbery etc. What about them, does God not see them? Yes he does. But he is restricted by his own words. He cannot temper with our choices and so has absolutely nothing to do with the decisions of the rapist, murderer, arson or the carjacker etc to carry out their ordeal [which they shd be blamed for not God]

Victims, sorry to say are at the wrong place and at the wrong time [which is actually also due to their choices], but there is a way out. Just by the mention of the name Jesus, I personally have avoided many of such happenings. He is ready to [influence your choices and surroundings] if u allow him into ur heart.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #102
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
Don't know abt others but as a xtian, I got ma 2 cents abt this issue

Here goes:

God is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere but the same rules apply. His influence is limited by how much Man lets Him [Individual Issue]. Your rights end when somebody’s own begins [Just as how u can’t come to ma house and order how things shd be to ur liking, the same way I can’t come to ur house to order things to ma liking]. You have to remember this very important thing: God’s words are law even unto Himself. He [Himself] and the whole world are governed by what He had said. The heavens are the Lord’s but the earth He gave to Mankind. So the earth and whatever happens to it is out of his jurisdiction. He has absolutely no influence on how it is run unless the owner [Man] allows Him.

Now, Man was made as a spirit, has a soul and living in an earthly vessel which is the body. The most important part of Man is the soul. It consist the Feelings, the Mind [for thought formulations] and the Will [for choices].

Man’s fall brought about all evil. God is good and he loves us cos we [Man] was His greatest creation. No earthly father gives his child cancer, or breaks his legs, or let them get raped, or do him any evil just to teach him a lesson. How much more God. The point is, I am engulfed by the choices I made as a person.

Most sufferings and I mean MOST are self inflicted. E.g what is God suppose to do when I do crack/joint/alcohol/ecstasy etc when I very well know it kills? Come and knock it out of ma mouth every time I try to? Most evil happening is just due to the lack of common sense. If we could only apply a lil common sense [Like checking the water level in the pool b4 diving head in, Not pointing weapons at people, Staying indoors when storm is coming etc].

what about victims of rape, carjacking, robbery etc. What about them, does God not see them? Yes he does. But he is restricted by his own words. He cannot temper with our choices and so has absolutely nothing to do with the decisions of the rapist, murderer, arson or the carjacker etc to carry out their ordeal [which they shd be blamed for not God]

Victims, sorry to say are at the wrong place and at the wrong time [which is actually also due to their choices], but there is a way out. Just by the mention of the name Jesus, I personally have avoided many of such happenings. He is ready to [influence your choices and surroundings] if u allow him into ur heart.
Ignoring how in the bible God breaks his rules a fuckload, especially the not killing/murdering people rule (Or even this 'don't fuck with people's ability to make choices rule.' I think he hardened the hearts of the pharoh and his advisors so that they wouldn't puss out and release his chosen people from slavery. Just so he could kill a bunch of innocent egyptians. Been a while since I actually looked at this stuff though...so not 100% on the details.), He still makes all the rules. If the rules don't let Him help out a kid being raped, then that is still on Him. He still is choosing to just sit there and watch children be raped. The rule thing is irrelevant.

And saying that a young child that is being raped was just 'in the wrong place at the wrong time' and implying it's her fault because her choices put her in that situation (What the fuck?!) isn't what we would normally consider a morally righteous stance. It's actually pretty disturbing.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-05-2011), ask me anything (08-05-2011), kael03 (08-06-2011), Numinous (08-05-2011), Scientia (08-05-2011), Sensei-Q (08-06-2011), Skullbat01 (08-05-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-10-2011)
Old 08-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #103
ACt
Heart Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
God is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere but the same rules apply. His influence is limited by how much Man lets Him [Individual Issue].
Just stop right there - that's a perfect depiction of religion. We have this all powerful, master god who's powers are limitless, except that he is bound by religious laws made by man given to us by him, except for when it is convenient to ignore those laws... as in when we want to smite our enemies or deny women their rights as people. Then, he allows us to do what we want, leaving it until after we die to have us truly atone for our sins, unless we say enough words and are absolved by those appointed by us for him to speak for him (or did he tell us to appoint them for him for us for him?).

It is a beautiful little thought loop, isn't it?

As for man being the greatest creation, for an all powerful, all knowing god, that seems pretty sad. Dude just doesn't want to try.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-05-2011), kael03 (08-06-2011), Miburo (08-05-2011), Numinous (08-05-2011), Scientia (08-05-2011), Skullbat01 (08-05-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-10-2011)
Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #104
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Ignoring how in the bible God breaks his rules a fuckload, especially the not killing/murdering people rule (Or even this 'don't fuck with people's ability to make choices rule.' I think he hardened the hearts of the pharoh and his advisors so that they wouldn't puss out and release his chosen people from slavery. Just so he could kill a bunch of innocent egyptians. Been a while since I actually looked at this stuff though...so not 100% on the details.), He still makes all the rules. If the rules don't let Him help out a kid being raped, then that is still on Him. He still is choosing to just sit there and watch children be raped. The rule thing is irrelevant.

And saying that a young child that is being raped was just 'in the wrong place at the wrong time' and implying it's her fault because her choices put her in that situation (What the fuck?!) isn't what we would normally consider a morally righteous stance. It's actually pretty disturbing.

I would go one step further. The Bible shows numerous accounts of God personally intervening in the matters of his "chosen people"(<---discrimination) but not into others. Doesn't this show he cares more about some people then others? The incident with Moses and the Egyptians shows that He intervened on behalf of an entire people. So why not intervene during the Holocaust? Were his "chosen people" not so chosen anymore? And what of all the accounts of God helping single individuals (David, Solomon, Paul, John, etc..). Are we to believe that they alone were so worth His precious time, that he took then from poverty and slavery, and made then kings and leaders of men, but that innocent children being raped aren't worth his divine intervention?!

What a fucked up belief system. I sincerely hope there is no God. I couldn't imagine a troll with that much power running amok through the universe.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-06-2011), Miburo (08-07-2011), Skullbat01 (08-06-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-10-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #105
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

It's like this:

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-07-2011), ask me anything (08-07-2011), kael03 (08-06-2011), Miburo (08-07-2011), Skullbat01 (08-09-2011), UchihaTaijiya (08-10-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011), Vishnu (09-07-2011)
Closed Thread