Games and all things related - Page 102 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #1516
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
The Mothership Zeta DLC for Fallout is the worst thing.
I'm certain I've warned you of this. I watched my wife do it and it looked like nothing but tedium and stupidity... and carrying around more stuff than you can manage. She saved and redid it like four times at the end to move all the crap she garnered (bit of a video game pack rat) into a spot she could go back to and retrieve it.

I'm going to finish everything else (some day) and then maybe do it as a side game. Though, I did the country bumpkin add on and there wasn't much there either. The only real DLC worthwhile is Broken Steel because it turns your dog into an absolute machine.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-04-2011), Miburo (08-04-2011)

Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #1517
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Yeah I think you warned me about that earlier in this thread, but it's just... the worst thing... luckily I'm on PC so I just turned on god mode to get through it quicker because I couldn't take running through those corridors and doing that tedious shit.

Broken Steel was great and Into the Pitt wasn't too bad either. Point Lookout would have been great if it wasn't for the walking, it's annoying having to walk long distances to get to a quest. I think right now I just need to do the Anchorage one.

As for Fallout 3, amazing game, though at around the Tranquillity Lane mission I stopped caring about the exploration and side missions and just went for the main quests.

Fawkes is awesome.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-04-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #1518
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Keeping with the Magic the Gathering convo in the Narutard Chat Thread, those that want to try it but don't have ~$8,000 to buy enough cards to make some decks should check out Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2012 on steam. There is a free demo where you get 2 1-on-1 matches and an Archenemy match, along with starting with 2 decent decks. It's essentially a digital version of the game. Has cards and all. It even explains the abilities so you aren't going "...huh???". Aside from the free demo, the game itself is $10, $25 if you want to buy all of the decks instead of earning them through the campaign.

Fair warning, I've been playing Magic for ~15 years and I couldn't beat the first match on the hardest difficulty (before you start the campaign it asks how much experience you have with the game to gauge difficulty).
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #1519
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Finished Brother's in Arms: Hells Highway because I heard a new one was coming out. Disappoint in the news that the new one is an arcade shooter :/. Series definitely has(until now) the best WW2 stories of ALL TIME, and the tactical commands and situations definitely made it one of my favorite FPS.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #1520
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Is "Vampires: The Masquerade Bloodlines" any good?
I've never played that one, but Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption holds a special place in my PC gaming heart. That series had the potential to be fucking legendary, but it seemed like it just petered out.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #1521
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I think it's about time that I played Deus Ex and with this new texture mod (1.5GB) looks like it'll finally fix what was holding me back from playing it. Gonna do the same with Morrowind if I can, just need to find some good mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-ne...ion-version-10

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
manta (08-09-2011), Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #1522
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

You'll want to install Shifter, New Vision and the HDTP.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #1523
Demi-God
BEST

I've installed HDTP, just not the other two.
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #1524
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Shifter pretty much takes the annoying stuff out of the game, it's a gameplay mod. I recommend it.
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #1525
Demi-God
BEST

I installed New Vision from the one I linked up there, HDTP and I'll look for Shifter now.

How long would you say the game play is? Main quests wise.
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #1526
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Dude, it's ALL main quest. There's just different ways of going about it.

I played for 20 hours and got basically to the end.
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #1527
Demi-God
BEST

Ah, thought it might have some side quests. I installed Shifter and whenever I loaded a game I could see my HUD and then just see black so uninstalled it and it worked fine.

It's alright, I would have probably liked it a lot more if I played it when it came out. Then again still at the start, I'll play more and see how it goes.
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #1528
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

It's fucking Deus Ex, man. Trust me, play it for a few hours and you'll start asking yourself why modern games have such shit writing and so little actual choice, when this game got it right over ten years ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-09-2011), Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #1529
Demi-God
BEST

If you're wrong, I want your red EVA model.
Miburo (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #1530
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Tough balls.
Miburo (08-09-2011)