Games and all things related - Page 104 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #1546
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

So pumped for Deus Ex. Got my Augmented Edition on pre-order.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (08-18-2011), Miburo (08-18-2011), OG (08-18-2011)

Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #1547
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
gw2 better come out this year grrrrrrrrr
Skills no longer cost energy to use: http://www.arena.net/blog/jon-peters...-gamescom-demo

It sounds more like an action MMORPG every time I hear something new, thank you based god.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-18-2011), Miburo (08-18-2011), OG (08-18-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #1548
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

curious about how the dodge thing is gonna work

character customization, yesssssssssssssss

im hoping more on ranger, wanna see pets XD
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-18-2011), Miburo (08-18-2011), Trey (08-18-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #1549
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Skills no longer cost energy to use: http://www.arena.net/blog/jon-peters...-gamescom-demo

It sounds more like an action MMORPG every time I hear something new, thank you based god.
Because ArenaNet realizes that a game can be great and addictive without resorting to the bullshit grind-fest tactics of other MMORPGs.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011), Trey (08-18-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #1550
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Battlefield 3 on PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-18-2011), Miburo (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #1551
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Two friends of mine are die-hard COD fans. Or, at least they were until I showed them a single BF3 trailer.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #1552
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

i was gonna get it but it wont be on steam and theyll make u use origin whether you buy it retail or online[most likely, i herd] so ehhhhhhh i pass on it.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-18-2011), Miburo (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #1553
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

EA's being a bitch.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011), OG (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #1554
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Been playing E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy.

It's confusing as hell. Like Deus Ex on crack.

I am having a good time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-19-2011), Miburo (08-18-2011), OG (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #1555
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

I d/l'd Jade Empire from Steam because that game is awesome, but it doesn't want to work on account of electronics being generally ass at the absolute wrong time. Somehow, it is still worth the fifteen bucks I paid for it.

Also, GW2 pvp all up in this bitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmGs6...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUB677OVIus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB8z_2OJE70
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc...-wars-2/719377
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-18-2011), Miburo (08-18-2011), OG (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #1556
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Guild Wars is looking more and more awesome each time we get more info.

Played Morrowind for about 20 minutes and uninstalled it, Oblivion's going to have to do.

Last edited by Demi-God; 08-18-2011 at 02:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #1557
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I think Steam is more at fault here, all EA wants is complete control over their product. Personally I hate a few things about Steam, like the auto patching which sucks for some games like Just Cause 2 (can't use the Bolo Patch, best mod for the game) and others. Also waiting for some patches like in CoDW@W was horrible for some of the guys in my clan. Besides its all trivial, I wouldn't miss the chance of playing one of the best games this year over something like that, I'm a gamer I play games, not overlays.

That said Valve wants EA back and personally I wouldn't buy it on Steam anyways because having to go open Steam, then Origin to play a game is just cumbersome. And competition is good.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #1558
Demi-God
BEST

EA wants more money and to launch Origin to more people. Basically what EA refers to when they say Valve has "restrictive terms of service," is that under Valve's new terms and conditions Valve wants all DLC for a game to be available through Steam too. Which is fair as if someone is buying a game through Steam then they'll most likely want to be able to download or buy DLC through it too and make it easier, as opposed to having to run off to the EA website to get it or buy it through the in-game stores.

EA doesn't want that because they don't get as much money from it, so they're being difficult and not releasing certain DLC through Steam. Such as Dragon Age 2's Legacy DLC, which is what caused it to get removed from Steam, same with Crysis 2. So they want to use Steam to sell the game and allow customers to download it through their service and so on, but make it so customers have to get the DLC through in-game stores which means Valve get no cut of the profit and EA gets everything.

As for Battlefield 3 and Star Wars: TOR, those require Origin to be installed to work. That's just EA knowing that these immensely popular games will get them a lot of Origin accounts. As for more competition, I don't see this as doing much to cause any significant price competitiveness. They'll be selling EA games only and some seem to be at a higher price than the ones that were at Valve or they still have at Valve aside from a few sales here and there. I think both have their faults but EA is more to blame here and for a while now they've been trying to push all the blame to Valve through PR bits.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #1559
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

EA are being complete fuckheads and forcing people to use their inferior service. There is NO incentive to use Origin. They are charging you $60 for a new gane, a retail price that, in a store, can be broken into it's respective components: construction cost, retailer, publisher. Construction can be ignored, it's a tiny fraction. But the retailer cut is substantial, it's how they make their money. EA is charging that same cost to you, under the "justification" of what is essentially miniscule bandwidth costs. Games on Origin should be cheaper than games in a store. But they aren't, so EA can make dirty money. It's that simple.

Anyone that supports Origin on the basis of "competition" has it totally wrong. Competition runs on the assumption that multiple parties are being competitive. EA is not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #1560
Demi-God
BEST

^ Pretty much that.

From their games on Steam a publisher gets about 70% of the profits with Valve keeping 30% for their operating costs and some profit themselves, from retail stores it's the other way around. With retail stores taking that larger cut of 70% or more. Not to mention rubbing salt on the wound with the pre-owned stuff. As James said, from their own store they get the entire amount, with small amount going towards paying the operating cost and they're still charging full retail price, or in some cases even higher. Not to mention that PC games are generally cheaper in retail anyway, hell Crysis 2 is £13.91 on Amazon right now, around £20 in GAME (a UK games retail chain)... and £34.99 on Origin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-18-2011), Trey (08-18-2011)