Fitocracy - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Fitocracy

Fitocracy makes your exercising into a game. It allows you to track your workouts and awards you experience points accordingly, which earn you new levels. So it basically turns all of your exercises into potentially addictive RPG-style level grinding; there are even Quests and Achievements.

It is currently in closed beta, but this site still had some invites available when I checked is out of invites. You are able to follow people and join groups to make things a little more competitive, so anyone interested can find me here.

I currently have 10 invites available, but they will only be given out to people I like.

UPDATE: Anyone who is invited also gets their own invites, so if you are interested then post asking for one, and someone will send it to you. When you get your own invites, make sure you come back and invite the next person and provide a link to your profile. This way, everyone who is interested on NL can join and still have 9 invites left to invite everyone they want outside of NL.

Last edited by Mal; 08-20-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-20-2011), Miburo (08-20-2011), Nerox (08-20-2011), Scientia (08-21-2011)

Old 08-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Fitocracy

DO YOU LIKE ME MAL!? DO YOU!?!!! (I once directed you to a Wikipedia article on red light districts... remember that... remember that...)

Can I have an invite please?

Edit: Also, could make this a general exercise thread for people who are interested or need advice or anything of the sort. If so then could just sticky it.

Last edited by Demi-God; 08-20-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

PM me an email address and I'll invite you.

I suppose making it a general exercise thread would be a good idea. And while you're at it you could probably unsticky the threads that have seen no activity since 2009 so they're not taking up so much space. It really makes no difference to me since I use the New Posts search, but it may be annoying for other people.

Last edited by Mal; 08-20-2011 at 05:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011), Tabris (08-21-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a strange but interesting concept. Thing is, how do you progress? Isn't it easy to cheat when you can insert numbers as you like?

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested in seeing what's it all about.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Mal
Scotch

You just punch in what exercise you did for how long/how many and it gives you experience based on amount/time/distance/intensity of exercise. It is certainly possible to just punch in whatever numbers you want, but for what purpose? Ultimately, you're doing it for yourself anyway and being at an artificially high level is just going to make you feel guilty or stupid.

It also occurs to me that anyone I invite may also get some invites of their own, so I'll try inviting Demi first and if he does get his own invites then he can invite you and you can invite the next person and so on.

Last edited by Mal; 08-20-2011 at 06:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011), Scientia (08-21-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Right-o. Still pretty interesting concept. I'll wait for demi. Have to write a character for UT's story now.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Mr. Douglas may I have an invite please sir?
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I saw an idea like this but for schoolwork, pretty interesting. Though the only exercise I do is swimming. I can't do push ups because of my arm, I can't do abs because of my back and I can't jog because of my knee :/

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

How does the weight lifting work? Does it measure it by individual exercises and weight used in each, or time it took for the overall workout? I like to try to keep time between sets short, and with some things I'll just alternate between two exercises. Like, I do a set of one thing, then immediately do a set of the other thing, and switch between both until I'm done. I could see the individual exercise thing being a bit tedious, but I'm hoping they have some ground rules on the time thing so that they make you subtract time for when you're waiting around between sets and shit.

Because a lot of pussies just screw around and take forever working out, and it would be slightly irritating if those pussies got better strength level ups than me because I don't dick around like a pansy. Lol.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-20-2011), Scientia (02-21-2014)
Old 08-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I like to keep my time about 30 seconds to a minute between sets, then usually a minute between exercises. Longest break I take is about 10 to 15 minutes after weights and then go on to cardio.
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

^That's good shit, not fucking around.

I actually saw one of the little pictures on the front page seemed to have different exercises, and it looks like you put the weight and reps in. So I would assume it doesn't take time into account. Pretty awesome then.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Scientia (02-21-2014)
Old 08-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

I've been weightlifting for about half a year now, full body, upper body one day, lower body the next. Generally, I've been doing ten reps/three sets with a minute cooldown. I feel I should either lower the reps and increase the weight, or cut down the cooldown.

I think for my purposes (I'm trying to build more muscle stamina than actual density, generally) I should cut down on the cooldown, unless that's a bad idea. I'm just trying to condition my muscles into dealing with longer strain (the motive for weight lifting is to run track, primarily the 400m dash). I figure I'll gain body weight at a modest clip (I've accrued ten lbs of what I have to assume is muscle since I've started working out), but generally, I'm just trying to make sure I keep to my routine, and add intensity tolerance.

I don't know about any of this fitocracy stuff, though.

Last edited by Trey; 08-20-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Demi-God
BEST

What you want to be doing is lowering your weight but upping your reps. General rule would be doing 3 times the amount of kg you're doing. So if you lower it down to 10kg then do 30 reps, that'll help build muscle stamina as well as toning and fat burning but not build too much mass. 1kg is about 2.2lb if you're using pounds.

As for increasing weights, the moment you can easily surpass 12 doing one weight then you should increase it then. But you shouldn't go too high, keep your reps between 8 and 12. If you're hitting 8 or 10 and then struggling with 11 and 12 then you've got the right weight for you, if you can't even get to 8 reps then lower it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-20-2011), Miburo (08-20-2011), Scientia (02-21-2014)
Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
What you want to be doing is lowering your weight but upping your reps. General rule would be doing 3 times the amount of kg you're doing. So if you lower it down to 10kg then do 30 reps, that'll help build muscle stamina as well as toning and fat burning but not build too much mass. 1kg is about 2.2lb if you're using pounds.

As for increasing weights, the moment you can easily surpass 12 doing one weight then you should increase it then. But you shouldn't go too high, keep your reps between 8 and 12. If you're hitting 8 or 10 and then struggling with 11 and 12 then you've got the right weight for you, if you can't even get to 8 reps then lower it.
Yeah, I know the 8-12 rep thing. It's difficult. I guess I'm trying to find the right work out for me. I still want explosion (because you still need that sort of thing in track), and you only get that with high intensity. But I don't want to assume too much muscle mass, because that will have detrimental affects on my running efficiency. Hmm. I'm sure there's a mathematical formula in there, somewhere.

Perhaps in order to improve consistency I should enforce a stricter diet. I'm kind of all over the place with my eating habits.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
Demi-God
BEST

What workouts are you doing when you do upper body and lower body and how many times a week?
Miburo (08-20-2011)