Fitocracy - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fitocracy

400 meter dash is just sprinting, I'd assume?

If so, if it were me I'd go for pure strength gains and explosiveness. Muscle mass isn't really an issue for sprinters, I would think. It's really only an issue for sustained long distance shit. I would think you'd want as much power as possible, and just be able to go all out for a relatively short amount of time with quick recovery. Strength training (Starting strength is a great workout for good all around gains, pirate bay the dvd or some shit if you have access to a decent gym) and HIIT cardio (You can do it with lots of shit, just google it) does that. Same shit I do for battling, pretty much. You want to be like a goddamn predator. Cheetahs and shit fucking sprint. Gazelles, or whatever the fuck cheetahs eat, are the long distance dudes. No one wants to be a goddamn gazelle, unless you do marathons or cross-country or whatever.

Makes sense to me. And it works great for manly grappling.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-20-2011)

Old 08-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

^ That. I do HIIT for my cardio and that shit is lovely.

Also, I suggest you divide your muscle groups more and spend more time on them during one routine as opposed to doing just upper body and lower body all at once. So start off with chest, biceps and upper back, then do shoulders, triceps and lower back and then do forearms, legs and glutes. Do abs daily and obliques as often as you can, either daily or every other day.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-20-2011), Miburo (08-20-2011), Scientia (02-21-2014)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #18
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Demi did you get your own invites to share?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-20-2011), Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #19
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I gots mah invites, Nerox is next? Send me your email mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #20
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I have his email from Facebook, I'll PM it to you.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #21
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

SO WHO HERE DOES P90X

I think you guys think way too much into working out. I mean, if you are going to be a professional athlete then sure, but I know plenty of people who do basic push-ups, sit ups, and cardio and look plenty toned.

Also, running burns more fat than any other exercise, including swimming.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 08-20-2011 at 09:06 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2011), Scientia (08-21-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #22
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

What kind of superficial fag does exercise to look better. Real men work out so we can punch heads off and shit.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-21-2011), Miburo (08-20-2011), Scientia (08-21-2011), The Madness (08-25-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
I think you guys think way too much into working out. I mean, if you are going to be a professional athlete then sure, but I know plenty of people who do basic push-ups, sit ups, and cardio and look plenty toned.

Also, running burns more fat than any other exercise, including swimming.
By 'toned' you mean 'unmanly,' right? Chicks get toned. Even if I did work out just to look spiffy instead of to augment my battle capabilities, I wouldn't want to look like a woman who jazzercises.

And I dunno. I think I could probably burn more calories swimming than most people would running. Because most people go running by jogging, and jogging blows.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (08-21-2011), Mal (08-21-2011), Scientia (08-21-2011), Tzu Men (08-21-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #24
Demi-God
BEST

RNB - I've heard about P90X, all I know about it is that it's some regime a lot of people in the US seem to use to get toned quicker.

Some people don't want to just look plenty toned. Some want to be able to build muscle mass, proper stamina, concentrate on specific muscles, speed up the process and so on for quite a few reasons (punching heads off shit being one of them). And there are much more efficient and better ways than to do it with just push-ups, sit ups and cardio. I'm not saying they don't work, because to a certain degree and with a correct diet they'll get results, but there are much more efficient methods if you're willing to put the effort in.

As for burning more fat, do something like HIIT and the running part of it doesn't need to be more than a fast jog. When you're just constantly sprinting you start burning away at the muscle too and sometimes completely bypass the fat. Maybe I'm being picky on what constitutes running and fast jogging and shit, so let's just taking jogging out of it and leave it to walking, running and sprinting. For HIIT, if you're using a treadmill do about 2 minutes walking at around 5-6kmph then run for a 1 minute at around 10-11kmph, then back down for 2 minutes. That alone for about 15-20 minutes will burn a lot of fat but also keep burning fat for quite a while after.

Weight training itself will also burn a lot of fat too, especially if you're doing lower weights at higher reps, and doing cardio after a weight workout will burn more fat and build more muscle as opposed to if you did your cardio routine before it.

A method of getting strong endurance is called Fartlek, similar to HIIT but it doesn't have as set of a structure. You basically walk at a decent speed until your body warms up, can be about 5 or 10 minutes, then run or sprint till you're out of breath, then back down to walking to cool down for another 5 or so minutes till you can run again. Repeat that for about 45 minutes, someone I know did this for 5 weeks straight and was about to run a complete marathon after it.

Punch shit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-21-2011), Miburo (08-21-2011), Scientia (08-21-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #25
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I have his email from Facebook, I'll PM it to you.
Goddamn Zuckerberg...but thanks guys. Off to Croatia for a few days, see you then.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-21-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #26
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

I just do push-ups, sit-ups, and squats whenever I workout. I start out doing 10 of each, each day. Then after a week I move to 20. Then after two weeks I move to 40, then after four weeks I move to 60. Then after another month I move to 80. After one more month I move to 100. Then in two months I move to 200, 4 to 300, 5 to 400, 6 to 500, 7 to 600, 8 to 700, 9 to 800, 10 to 900, 11 to 900, and 12 to 1,000. And then I just do 1,000 of each everyday and I'm obviously Big Boss-level if I make it to this point.

I've only ever made it to 80 a day-for a month, and I kept that up for about a week or so. Then I stopped because I was too lazy. Once I stop for too long (two weeks or so), then I demote myself to a the next lower level, so when I start again I don't take on more than I can handle. Come to think of it, I kind of do this Fitocracy thing myself in a way. Kind of. I'm currently on level "10 a day-for a week." Yeah, it's been a while. I'm a lazy fuck.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-24-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

I run bike swim rock climb bike and pirate all day erryday. I lift free weights and use the leg press at the gym to warm up before climbing. Lateral lifts and deltoid lifts at 25lbs for a set of 8,8,12 then leg press at number 16/16 which is like 345? Idk the machines are these stupid fucking dutch jobs that are a dick to figure into lbs. Used to just lumberjack and lift so I was like 260lbs of heart attack waiting to happen but after a year of this I've gotten down to 170 and I am not gonna lie being in great shape is fucking awesome.

Ultimate goal is just continue to be, for the most part, unstoppable.

Trail running not track.

Zombie apocalypse training is how it started.

Last edited by The Madness; 08-25-2011 at 02:42 PM.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Madness For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-25-2011), Miburo (08-25-2011), Scientia (08-25-2011), Spiegel (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #28
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

You actually cut 90lbs in about just a year? That's fucking beastly impressive, comrade. Indomitable will. Fuck yeah.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-25-2011), Scientia (02-21-2014), The Madness (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #29
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

I cut 100 but gained back 10 for the upcoming winter. Which I will be spending in the mountains of Vermont training.

That and fuck being that light. Too easy to get me off the ground.

Last edited by The Madness; 08-25-2011 at 03:53 PM.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Madness For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-25-2011), Scientia (02-21-2014)