Games and all things related - Page 117 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #1741
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
There is also the The Kindle Fire due out in the States next month. For less then $200, it might be a worth while alternative. Not sure when it ships to Canada/UK but I doubt it'll be long.
I feel that most of what the Kindle Fire does can be fulfilled by the iPhone/Android phone I eventually get. I'd rather have an e-ink Kindle for strictly reading.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #1742
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

The only way am buying a Kindle is when it's sold daily as the only way to read the newspapers.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #1743
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Play Final Fantasy IV. Greatest FF of all time. In my opinion of course. It's not bogged down by all the cutscenes and slow progression that plagues the 3D iterations. You just go and kick some magical ass all over the world.

Honorable mentions go to III and VI. And out of the 3D joints, XII. Fuck what the VII and X weaboos say. XII had the best fighting mechanic and characterization. Story kind of drags on though.
Personally, Balthier is the best character from FF.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Trey (10-07-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #1744
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

For those who enjoy Borderlands, I suggest getting RAGE (all caps necessary). Kinda has the same feel with weapons and vehicles, but since it's supposed to be super cereal about the post-apocalyptic world shtick it's obviously missing the off-the-wall humor of the former. Plus, Anarchy edition comes with Fists of RAGE. What's not to love?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #1745
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I'm gonna wait till it's on sale then try it out. More looking forward to Borderlands 2.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #1746
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Shadow of the Colossus never gets old on me.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Scientia (10-07-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #1747
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Dark Souls is staring me the fuck down. I think my soul might break if I don't buckle under its gaze and pony up my money like a little bitch. And enjoy it.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (10-21-2011), Scientia (10-07-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #1748
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Shadow of the Colossus never gets old on me.
All of my love for that game.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #1749
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Pumped for the HD remastering of it and ICO. Which reminds me, I need to look into getting my busted-ass PS3 fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Scientia (10-09-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #1750
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

All the pre-release trailers and such they did for the Team Ico Collection did not do them justice, honestly. Actually playing the game remastered has so much greater an impact than any of the trailers and screenshots suggested. Hot. Damn.

That being said, the only two colossi I have left for Normal Time Attack on SOTC HD are kicking my ass. #6 with its bullcrap 3:30 time limit, and #15 because fuck him.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #1751
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

The character seems to stumble for any little movement which makes it harder. The game looks amazing, and its the only game I would like to see IN THREE DIMENSIONNNNSSSSS*twilight zone music*

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #1752
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

I managed to get #6 anyway. Now to deal with that asshat #15.

One major complaint I have with the A.I., though it's derived from a really well-done boss design spec in which you have to take advantage of what the Colossus does instead of it just opening itself up completely (giant enemy crab for massive damage blah etc), is that the game can easily make itself unwinnable. Most prominently in #3 because of his two different sword attacks. If he chooses the one you can't use to your advantage, there's no way of beating the damn thing. Which sucks. And of course, 15 can pull the same shit.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #1753
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Worst Colossus is the very last one. Fuck him. Fuck him hard.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:47 AM   #1754
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
The character seems to stumble for any little movement which makes it harder. The game looks amazing, and its the only game I would like to see IN THREE DIMENSIONNNNSSSSS*twilight zone music*
Fuck 3D.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #1755
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Worst Colossus is the very last one. Fuck him. Fuck him hard.
Eh, he's not that bad if you know all the tricks to beating him (especially the "run straight at him without getting hit" trick which I have no idea how to do). If you need to get his arms to stop moving, you stab the top or sides (he'll make his hand perfectly still to examine the wound on the top), if you can't find the next trigger, use your sword to locate them. There's at least two possible shortcuts to the 16th (the run straight at him one and the shoot an arrow into his last trigger point to get onto his left arm more quickly one).

16th doesn't give me much trouble anymore just because I've figured most of the tricks to him and beaten the game at least 8 times. It's assholes that you have to trick into doing what you want that piss me off. #s 3, 9, and 15 can all go suck dicks. Which reminds me, 15 is now the only thing between me and the GLORIOUS FLASH ARROWS.

EDIT: 15's time attack has finally been conquered, Flash Arrows are still amazing.

Last edited by AOTKorby; 10-08-2011 at 04:27 PM.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (10-12-2011)