Games and all things related - Page 126 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #1876
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

You know a game is pretty incredible when shooting down dudes and airplanes while free-falling is the tutorial.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-06-2011)

Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1877
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

^what game is that? MDK?
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-06-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #1878
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Saint's Row 3.

Although MDK is awesome.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-06-2011), Miburo (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #1879
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Is MDK some acronym I don't know about or are we talking late '90s MDK?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #1880
Darth-Nero
Victory!

the late 90's one. MDK 2 HD just gotten released a while back,i guess, but haven't tried it. i prefer the dusty old ones.
Miburo (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #1881
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I prefer the original MDK to MDK 2. This is mainly because I first experienced MDK 2 on the Dreamcast, which, while my favourite console of all time, was woefully ill-equipped to control shooters. Might give it a go on PC some time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-06-2011), Miburo (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #1882
Darth-Nero
Victory!

MDK 1 is superior in every way. man those were good times.

you remember a game called "heart of darkness" ? was my favorite besides the abovementioned.
Miburo (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #1883
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Yesss. My dad saw it being played by a kid he taught at school. He thought it looked awesome, and told me about it.

That Christmas, my dad got me a copy. I still have it.

My dad's a bro.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-06-2011), Miburo (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #1884
Darth-Nero
Victory!

my 1st games CD that i had was brought to my by my dad,it contained mk3,pitfall tma,EwJ,sonic,xmen children of an atom,space dude (a funny weird game about a bodyless man surfing the outerspace and fighting evil in different planets) dukenukem 3D and about 25 other games that i can't remember atm. back then there was no internet in Egypt nor there were any place to purchase games as the computer itself was a new high tech,so i got no idea where did my dad got those games. it was really a pleasure to play MK3 at home instead of waiting in the line at the arcade.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-06-2011), Miburo (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011), Tzu Men (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #1885
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

That's awesome. My dad pretty much introduced me to video games in the early/mid 90s, when we got a Windows 95 PC. Used to play Terminal Velocity, Mechwarrior 2, and Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, and other LucasArts games together. He's still kind of interested in them now. He doesn't really play them, but he takes an interest in whatever I'm playing, if he finds it interesting. He'll sit and watch me play GTA, Fallout, Assassin's Creed, stuff like that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011), Tzu Men (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #1886
Darth-Nero
Victory!

ooohohoo terminal velocity..i loved this game. i got mechwarrior back then but it was too advanced to be played on my pentium 1 so i never played it. the only game that i remember my dad spending hours playing it with me while trying to figure out what to do and where to go was blizzard's "blackthorne",man that game was the shit. but my dad ain't really into vidya so i mostly played with my brother. there was also that game that drove me crazy back in the day, was called "crusader no remorse" (or no regret) which i got really sucked into it but never been able to finish it.

then a while later came "CAPTAIN CLAW" along with an awesome era of 2D gaming.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #1887
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, good to see my comrades also had awesome fathers. I think one of my earliest memories is playing Contra with my dad. He was the dude with red pants and I was the dude with blue pants and he'd always leave me behind in the first level where you're jumping up that cliff thing with the rock things falling down, laughing at me. I trained hard to not suck so I could keep up. I said fuck coloring or watching david the gnome or what the fuck ever stupid shit I did as a little kid, I needed to get good at fucking contra. So that's what I did. Fuck yeah.

Then we got a Sega Genesis and neither one of us could beat Shinobi III. We would take turns playing the shit out of that game. But that fucking level near the end where you're climbing through that fucking ship was brutal. Eventually I made it through and beat it at like six thirty in the morning on a saturday. We were going apeshit celebrating as the shinobi rode his horse into the sunset or some shit during the credits. I remember calling my best friend's house and telling his dad to tell him I beat Shinobi III and his dad was all like "Don't fucking call our house at six thirty in the morning" and my dad was loling (I did the same thing with sonic 2 when I beat that, but it was like 2 in the morning then). It was awesome. My dad would also whip me in the face with a metal chain in Road Rash. I don't think I ever beat him at that game.

He didn't really play too many console games after that besides the first resident evil. He was watching me play when I first got it and we both OH SHIT'd when those goddamn dogs busted through those windows for the first time. He thought that game was pretty awesome. And he liked Dynasty Warriors and games like Need for speed and GT. He was a goddamn master at internet checkers though. He would play that shit all the time whenever he was bored for years and years and I don't think he ever lost. Fucking grand champion boss level shit.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-06-2011), Jaxon (11-06-2011), Mal (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011), Tzu Men (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #1888
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Then we got a Sega Genesis and neither one of us could beat Shinobi III. We would take turns playing the shit out of that game. But that fucking level near the end where you're climbing through that fucking ship was brutal. Eventually I made it through and beat it at like six thirty in the morning on a saturday. We were going apeshit celebrating as the shinobi rode his horse into the sunset or some shit during the credits. I remember calling my best friend's house and telling his dad to tell him I beat Shinobi III and his dad was all like "Don't fucking call our house at six thirty in the morning" and my dad was loling (I did the same thing with sonic 2 when I beat that, but it was like 2 in the morning then). It was awesome. My dad would also whip me in the face with a metal chain in Road Rash. I don't think I ever beat him at that game.
i remember you saying that you did the exact same thing after beating sonic,and that you did finish the final boss near the early morning as well. now it makes sense why the father uses F bombs while talking to a child,lololol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #1889
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

You guys are cute. My father... played Asteriods. That's right. Fuckin' Atari. Pretty much began and ended there for him and video games.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #1890
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

^That was that game with the triangle that would shoot at the rocks, right? I think my dad played that on the computer or some shit(He also played Duke Nukem on his PC, what a hero). I know we never had an atari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
i remember you saying that you did the exact same thing after beating sonic,and that you did finish the final boss near the early morning as well. now it makes sense why the father uses F bombs while talking to a child,lololol.
Yeah, I have no clue how early it actually was. I just remember him yelling at me. My friend's dad hated me, I'm pretty sure. Also pretty sure my dad didn't like him too much, which is probably why he was all alike "Yo, you should call Zach and tell him about this harharhar."
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-07-2011), Mal (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011), Tzu Men (11-06-2011)