Games and all things related - Page 127 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #1891
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road
Re: Games and all things related

i had the Atari 2600,was my 1st console that dad brought from the US along with a fuckton of cartridges. my favorite game was "food fight" (about the dude who sneaks into the kitchen to steal the ice cream) and my dad used to play it with us.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Yeah, I have no clue how early it actually was. I just remember him yelling at me. My friend's dad hated me, I'm pretty sure. Also pretty sure my dad didn't like him too much, which is probably why he was all alike "Yo, you should call Zach and tell him about this harharhar."
yeah i remember that i did something similar when i 1st figured out how to pull a Hadoken in the 1st time i played nintendo's SF at home. the sense of achievement you get from games is so priceless that you want to share it with everyone =D

Last edited by Darth-Nero; 11-06-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-07-2011), Miburo (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011), Tzu Men (11-06-2011)

Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #1892
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Fuck yeah.

My Dad did the same pretty much. He used to work at home with computers and so while babysitting he would challenge me to BATTLE CHESS, and get me to play Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, Sim City 2000, Team Yankee, and SWOTL (he liked killing Nazis, I just kept crashing the jet plane into villages). We also spent ages trying to beat Star Trek but that game was a fucking abomination. We'd always get stuck in the cave or get the ship blown up by gay pirates. Then one day my Mum gave it a try and jumped like five levels ahead and we were the proudest family imaginable. We didn't have many fighting games but he trained me and my brother to be fucking machines at Civilization. I remember being the Aztecs and becoming the first person in the family to actual win - it was at like 5am in the morning and my Dad was telling to fucking forget about school in the morning as this was where shit really was at.

We had a bunch of other games, mostly on DOS, but my Dad kind of lost interest in games around Windows 98 time. We spent a lot of last Christmas on Red Dead Redemption though and he was in tears over the fact you could repeatedly summon and shoot and infinite amount of horses.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-07-2011), Darth-Nero (11-06-2011), Demi-God (11-07-2011), Mal (11-06-2011), Miburo (11-06-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #1893
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

I am in nearly in tears laughing at that star trek game when they're just flying around or some shit and Captain Kirk is shifting back and forth in his captain's chair. I dunno why. Also brother chub.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-07-2011), Servo (11-07-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011), Tzu Men (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #1894
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

It was shit back then as well but the infuriating quality of it made it all the worthy as a challenge.

We also had SimLife which is still better than Spore, but more importantly I forgot to mention the Christ-like figure of my childhood that was Designosaurus II. You could make your own fucking dinosaurs and you had to survive against hordes of mean bastards in the ancient wilderness as you searched for satellites or some shit. At the time it felt like the bloodiest thing ever when you got slashed to death by raptors. When you beat the game you even got to print out a certificate on the dot matrix printer, shit was so cash.

Last edited by Tzu Men; 11-06-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-07-2011), Demi-God (11-07-2011), Miburo (11-07-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #1895
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

The one time my dad tried playing video games with me was NHL 2000, and he could not understand it for the life of him. Apparently he tried COD a few months back, but that was with some of the younger RCMP officers so I wasn't around to see how miserably he failed at that.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-07-2011), Miburo (11-07-2011), Shrike (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #1896
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Oh man, I literally rofl'd (not interwebs rofl) upon reading/watching some of the above. As for my old man, I don't think he ever played a game. He did, though, watch Berserk with me (every goddamn episode) back when I was 15. So fuck yeah for him!

Edit: Also fucking awesome Mibs' dad played Resident Evil!

When I am at that, my aunt helped a fuckton while I played Silent Hill back when I was a kid with solving some riddles. So fuck yeah for aunt, too.

Last edited by Shrike; 11-07-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-07-2011), Demi-God (11-07-2011), Jaxon (11-07-2011), Miburo (11-07-2011), Tzu Men (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #1897
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

All of this makes me think I'm going to be a flat out awesome dad.

Also, found a copy of New Vegas for $15. Winter plans are set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu Men View Post
We spent a lot of last Christmas on Red Dead Redemption though and he was in tears over the fact you could repeatedly summon and shoot and infinite amount of horses.
Wow. That kinda makes me want to cry... beyond that, if you're fuckin' stupid enough to be a cowboy who shoots his horse, you should be made to walk home and die of thirst.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (11-07-2011), Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #1898
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

You do know the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas is coming out February, right?

It's not that big of a deal tbh. There's a ton of stuff to do in the vanilla game. The expansions do make it better though.

Man, I love New Vegas.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #1899
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

New Vegas is fucking awesome, I love listening to Big Iron while in a fight. Is it the same as Fallout 3 where being a general douche isn't as rewarding? Or are there more options to ally yourself with some of the gangs.

Also, getting ready to play Amnesia and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, both of which are apparently pants shitting material.

ACt - You gotten any further in Borderlands? Was thinking this winter could try out the 4 player co-op on it. Oak, me, you and I think James has it too.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #1900
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

It's pretty impossible for the game to regard you as a douche unless you literally become a senseless butcher. But doing that will probably close a lot of the game off to you.

You can basically go NCR, Legion, Independent Vegas, or Mr. House. I've done a playthrough for all of them, they're all fairly entertaining if you have a vision for your character in mind.
Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #1901
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post

It's not that big of a deal tbh. There's a ton of stuff to do in the vanilla game. The expansions do make it better though.

Man, I love New Vegas.
I had just started playing New Vegas again like three days ago. Downloaded the last two dlc's (Lonesome Road, and Gun Runners thingy), resumed my one character who I had about 135 hrs into the game with, then the game froze, and I couldn't load either the regular save, or the autosave. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. So I started a new one It's only to occupy me until Skyrim drops anyway.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #1902
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Yeah. Actually, I saw it then phone the wife, had a conversation where she looked up all the expansions and potential complete edition release, and we debated the purchase. The final conclusion was A) we'd heard good things about New Vegas but weren't going to pay more that $20 for it, so Ultimate Edition could put us off another year. B) Neither of use are so serious gamers that we need the game to be expanded - we play the shit out of good games that we'll log a go few months of New Vegas without expansions if it is as good as Fallout:3 and we expect it to be better. C) the expansions to the last Fallout were less than needed, except for Broken Steel which made Dogmeat an unbeatable monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
ACt - You gotten any further in Borderlands? Was thinking this winter could try out the 4 player co-op on it. Oak, me, you and I think James has it too.
Not really. Haven't been on the computer for games much - more Xbox. But I'll get to it. Just being a fairly ordinary shooter (as in amusing to shoot stuff all day with) it isn't holding my interest as strongly. Will play co-op so long as it isn't glitchy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (11-07-2011), Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #1903
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Nah, Borderlands has one of the smoothest co-op's I've played. I think once you get more into it and develop your character then it should hold your interests a bit more, also it's a lot more fun in co-op.

Don't worry man, New Vegas expansion packs will be amazing, like Mothership Zeta amazing.

And Amnesia isn't scary at all. On a completely unrelated note, it's perfectly alright for people in their early 20's to sleep with the all the lights on, yeah?
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
kael03 (11-07-2011), Mal (11-07-2011), Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #1904
ACt
Heart Wizard

If I decide the whole "try to help doctors cure disease" science route isn't for me, I'd definitely look into studying the effects of the electrical age on the mental states of our generations. The idea that we can always be in light has got to be fucking us up somehow... like sleeping with all the lights on (which is not normal for diurnal animals like ourselves).
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #1905
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Dude. Mothership Zeta was the worst expansion ever. The FO3 expansions sucked generally, to be honest.

The New Vegas ones are good though. I enjoyed all of them enough to justify buying them.
Miburo (11-07-2011)