Games and all things related - Page 132 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #1966
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Games and all things related

Who's ready for Skyward Sword? Its already being herald the best Zelda game ever since OoT. I'm not sure about all that but from the reviews I've read and videos I've seen I'd say its one of the best games in years for the Zelda series and for the Wii in general. Nintendo has disappointed me on more than one occassion, I still continue being a Nintendo fan but still. So I've picked up a PS3 about two years ago and damn I'm glad I did. Now I have a chance of playing kick ass games like Arkham City and Skyrim (probably buy it in Janurary).

At least its almost a guarantee that Nintendo won't ever fuck up their forefront mascots. So I have a lot of hope for this new Zelda game.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 11-13-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #1967
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I still need to play Twilight Princess. Last non-portable Zelda game I played was Wind Waker on my Gamecube (and OoT special edition on it). Then after that it's only been the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks ones, maybe if I can find a really cheap Wii I'll give it a shot.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsall.../mayhembig.jpg <- Best Batman thing ever.

Also, DC Universe is actually really fun, especially for being free. Only annoyance is the huge download size, but otherwise it's better than Champions.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-24-2011), Spiegel (11-13-2011), Tzu Men (11-13-2011)
Old 11-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #1968
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Played the SWTOR beta for a solid eight hours over the long weekend.

I liked it. Probably won't get it.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #1969
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
Who's ready for Skyward Sword? Its already being herald the best Zelda game ever since OoT. I'm not sure about all that but from the reviews I've read and videos I've seen I'd say its one of the best games in years for the Zelda series and for the Wii in general. Nintendo has disappointed me on more than one occassion, I still continue being a Nintendo fan but still. So I've picked up a PS3 about two years ago and damn I'm glad I did. Now I have a chance of playing kick ass games like Arkham City and Skyrim (probably buy it in Janurary).

At least its almost a guarantee that Nintendo won't ever fuck up their forefront mascots. So I have a lot of hope for this new Zelda game.
I really want to play it, but goddamn I hate using that Wii remote. Just give me a regular damn controller. You can't play it with a gamecube remote can you?

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #1970
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I always thought you could plug in your Gamecube remote for the Wii, I have about 4 of them around the house.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #1971
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
I always thought you could plug in your Gamecube remote for the Wii, I have about 4 of them around the house.
You can, it's all I used when I played Smash Bros. But I highly doubt all Wii games are compatible with it.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #1972
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

New Zelda uses motionplus for more accurate sword control. It's one game I wouldn't mind playing with a remote.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (11-14-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #1973
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
New Zelda uses motionplus for more accurate sword control. It's one game I wouldn't mind playing with a remote.
Yeah, what Jax said. This is the first true Zelda game for the Wii so it isn't compatible with the Gamecube controller. Though I hear the WiimotionPlus features is what really sets this game apart from the previous games, kinda how Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks for the DS brought the new concept of purely using a stylus to play through the entire game. I hear its pretty good and makes the gameplay that a bit more challenging but its a good concept.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #1974
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

http://www.destructoid.com/review-th...d-215659.phtml

Got a 9.5. I would really like to play it, but I'm not buying a Wii and the accompanying shit just to do that. Too many other things I want to play this winter.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #1975
Demi-God
BEST

I'm going to keep my eyes out for a cheap pre-owned Wii, then get this Zelda game when it's on sale.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #1976
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

I've successfully resisted lesser games so far, but SS is so tempting. If I see a solid bundle deal for the game and motion+ around Black Friday time, the damn game is getting bought.

Also holyfuck CEA is amazing. Did not think it was possible to make Halo: CE better.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #1977
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

saints row da third = funfun. i swear the dildo hits are one hit KOs, except on brutes. lol

then next week, serious sam 3 aww yeah
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #1978
Trey
Legendary

Eurogamer's review combined with Joystiq's review of SR3 soured my excitement for the game. It's basically Saints Row 2, but stale. It would be awesome to anyone that didn't play the first two. But I have, extensively. EG gave it a seven because it was more of the same and didn't come close to advancing--or merely topping--SR2, and Joystiq gave it a 4.5/5 because the reviewer never played a Saints Row before.

Meh, if I catch it on sale, fuck it, I'll cop it.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #1979
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Halo's fun and all, but Keyes and Johnson look like shit. I'm glad all the exploits are still there, weapon damages are still astronomical, and it's pretty. Just glad I didn't have to pay $65+ for it.

Saints Row the Third is fun so far (granted I just started it). Opening made me laugh, and I can tell I'm going to have fun with it, even if it's just Saints Row 2 with better weapons and cars.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #1980
Trey
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Halo's fun and all, but Keyes and Johnson look like shit.
You ain't never lied. That shit is grotesque. My only real knock on the remake.