Games and all things related - Page 139 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #2071
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
This is what gaming has come to.

Where is the option for all three?

That's why old games own. Play Baldur's Gate II and you got it all, and you cannot even play it if you don't want to read the conversations. So the Black Isle sends a good message - You don't wanna play an awesome game? Fuck off then.

That's also probably the reason why they don't exist anymore. No kids would buy the awesomeness like Planescape Torment.

Last edited by Shrike; 11-28-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Axiom (11-28-2011), Miburo (11-28-2011)

Old 11-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #2072
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno, I think it's kinda stupid. I mean, if I just wanted to run around killing people without having to deal with clicking my own responses to shit I'd get whatever Call of Duty everyone is playing now. Not pop in Mass Effect. Because that's retarded. And on principle, I'm always against catering towards total fucking retards.

Especially if all it does is pick the dialog for you. Does that mean you still got to go around talking to people, you just don't pick what you say? That just seems pointless unless people really can't be bothered to click on some replies and just want to zone out while going from map marker to map marker until they see something to shoot, like total mouth-breathers.

Buy hey, fuck yeah more options. They should add another playstyle for people that suck at games and don't care about the story and want to be able to eat while playing. It would just play the game for them while skipping all the cutscenes and dialog and shit so the player can down a sandwich and chips. Because sometimes I just want to have a delicious sandwich while unlocking achievements.

Come on. Yeah, you don't have to pick that playstyle so it's not a huge deal or anything (Assuming nothing else is dumbed down that I don't have a choice over, like equipment options and shit). But it is still fucking stupid.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Axiom (11-28-2011), Servo (11-29-2011), Shrike (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #2073
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I see no problem with it, but only if it is optional. As long as it is still possible to get the full experience if I want it, I don't care what concessions they offer for the idiots who don't care about story or challenge. If they want to miss out on half the game, their loss.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Axiom (11-28-2011), Demi-God (11-28-2011), Miburo (11-28-2011), Servo (11-29-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #2074
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

A good place for automatic functionality (for casual gamers) would be in overall game management appose to plot development. Even if you are too lame to be caught up in an interesting story, missing important plot points would require you to alt-q or whatever brings up the quest window to view what you missed. Unless this whole thing is just referring to the non-plot shit. Like the good/bad moral decision making stuff. Which imo most games nowadays fail at making me care enough about any given ethical dilemma anyway, so whatever.

But Yeah, I can see many people choosing to automate stuff like character progression, party and inventory management ect. Though that escapes me too, I prefer to micromanage the the fuck out of every little aspect I can. To hell with letting the game make terribly erroneous decisions about anything on my behalf. So what you guys said, if its an option I can ignore doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Buy hey, fuck yeah more options. They should add another playstyle for people that suck at games and don't care about the story and want to be able to eat while playing. It would just play the game for them while skipping all the cutscenes and dialog and shit so the player can down a sandwich and chips. Because sometimes I just want to have a delicious sandwich while unlocking achievements.
Holy shit reminds me of Project Quest. Anyone remember PQ? That “game” shrunk into oblivion pretty quick, but it was huge back in the late 90’s. If you don’t remember or haven't heard of it. Basically it was what Mibs described. An rpg that played it self. You set a char, role for stats and skills and shit, gave your char a name then clicked go. Then it was just a window that displayed text about what your character was doing, along with a progress bar indicating how far long you were in any given mission. And the missions were generic as all hell, like “Placating the piedmont posse. You have successfully placated the posse, you took 12 damage, gained 32 exp, and looted 9 gold.” Though you couldn't spent the gold on anything, nor level yourself up manually.

It was queer.... But I had that shit running in my taskbar for months while I played UO and shit.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-28-2011), Miburo (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #2075
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Mal - The way they've said it is that the Action mode will automate the decisions and so on and focus more on the combat, the Story mode will dilute the combat for those who have problems and then the RPG mode will just involve both like a regular Mass Effect game. I don't think they'll have automated character progression, maybe party for the Story one.

The Action mode doesn't mean it will strip away the story completely, just give an automated one to take that burden off the player since frankly a lot of people don't give a shit, and they have no reason to do so. Even if it's an automated story, doesn't mean people won't pay attention to it, it just turns it into a normal type game with a set story. Those are all 3 options that I sometimes would love to be able to pick in some games and defines a lot of players out there at the moment.

This way they cater to a wiiide variety of people without sacrificing the quality of the full game that people have come to expect from them. This type of stuff should be encouraged, at least you're not getting shafted like with some games that don't even offer the options.

Last edited by Demi-God; 11-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Axiom (11-28-2011), Mal (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #2076
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
This is what gaming has come to.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #2077
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

It's a me,Mario
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:28 AM   #2078
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

i like watching cutscenes sometimes. if theres action cutscenes >.> but if its all talk, just give me the quest and go away e.e

i have finals next week but after that gamingggg. i could call in to work cause ill be off school but nahhhh.

steam says im still averaging about 35hrs gameplay a week though soooo

Last edited by OG; 11-29-2011 at 03:31 AM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (11-29-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #2079
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I enjoy reading everyone's take on new games they are playing. It's like seeing into the future. Over the next few months I shall be playing: Fallout 3 (finishing up the random shit and DLCs, which is the current go to); Borderlands (I can only guess I am roughly halfway through my first play); ME2 (third time) and hopefully get around to starting ES: Oblivion, in between wasting hours with strategy games Civ V and the Total War series.

I'm living outside of time, I tell you.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (11-29-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #2080
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Fus Ro Dah!
http://youtu.be/hAo1nttwmQA

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-29-2011), Tzu Men (11-29-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #2081
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Phil - Don't worry about that, it's taken me ages to catch up to some games too. What mission are you on in Borderlands? Since you have the DLC too, I wouldn't think you would be halfway yet. Soon you should encounter some armoured soldiers, fire does a lovely job with them so try to save a strong fire gun.

As for Oblivion, lemme know when you're planning to start it and I'll start a new game too, Macy wants to play through it too.

Was playing GTA 2 a while ago, still amazingly fun and the driving handles really bloody well. I thought I would try to play through them all but I had to skip 1 because the camera gave me a headache.

What do you guys think of Minecraft? Might be fun to set up a OH server.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #2082
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Minecraft is fucking terrible, but if we all pirate it and play it together it mite b cool.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-30-2011), Nerox (11-30-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #2083
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Wait... you can play pirated version online? O__o

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #2084
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, on pirate servers, I'm pretty sure.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #2085
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Wait... you can play pirated version online? O__o
It's the internet dude. There's a pirated version of everything.

Which reminds me about that censorship bill being lobbied about in Congress. How about that fuckery, huh?
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote