One Piece 649 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road
One Piece 649

Was surprised it wasnt up yet, havent read myself so ill post for you guys.

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/649

And just read it, and wow I was happy to get some info on ' Joy Boy', he seems like he could be extremely interesting, think he might have met Roger at some point ?

Also we finally found out about one of the Ancient Weapons, was a cool twist.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Last edited by Buck09; 12-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-07-2011), Gakure (12-07-2011), Numinous (12-07-2011), Senkradlol (12-07-2011)

Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One Piece 649

Yeah, i thought that jimbei was gonna decline, well for now at least.

He will reappear at a crucial moment and then become a member, seems really obvious.

Btw this is how you do a party, Hiro Mashima lol

Still would prefer if Oda would just move on with the story.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I'm ok with Jinbei's decision. The dynamic of the SHs will remain intact now, but I like how Luffy is gathering allies with each voyage. The Kuja pirates, the rolling pirates, Elbaf will probably also be an ally since Luffy helped Brogy and Grogy and that giant in the human auction house.

And now he has a friend in the form of Shirahoshi and FMI, and she is an ancient weapon to boot. When the future wars come into play all these connections will come in handy. As Mihawk said during the war, Luffy's most terrifying ability is getting others to stand by him.

Does anyone else see Shirahoshi joining the SHs ?

Otohime said that a person would come who would guide her to the right path, and the right way to use her power. She will also need protection, which Luffy has provided since they met.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-07-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-07-2011), Gakure (12-07-2011), Numinous (12-07-2011)
Old 12-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

LOL at Neptune thinking robin was gonna use seduction jutsu on him, and I thought the blank ages were 400 years. Where is this 100 years coming from. All these while I was thinking of a ship or an inanimate object to be the weapon. Does the WG know of this.

There shd be more to this power than just being able to call sea kings.

Nice chapt

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

To add to what has already been said, Maria Napole is quite the easter egg. Did you know that Maria Callas' first recorded performance was in Napoli?!

Oh Oda, you and your sneaky references...

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
Where is this 100 years coming from
Poor translation.

Quote:
All these while I was thinking of a ship or an inanimate object to be the weapon
I actually like the fact that Poseidon is not a physical weapon but an inherited ability. It makes you think about what this power can do, when Pluton, the power that was designed to counter Poseidon, can erase an entire island with a single blast.

Quote:
To add to what has already been said, Maria Napole is quite the easter egg. Did you know that Maria Callas' first recorded performance was in Napoli?!

Oh Oda, you and your sneaky references...
Interesting info.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-07-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
I'm ok with Jinbei's decision. The dynamic of the SHs will remain intact now, but I like how Luffy is gathering allies with each voyage. The Kuja pirates, the rolling pirates, Elbaf will probably also be an ally since Luffy helped Brogy and Grogy and that giant in the human auction house.

And now he has a friend in the form of Shirahoshi and FMI, and she is an ancient weapon to boot. When the future wars come into play all these connections will come in handy. As Mihawk said during the war, Luffy's most terrifying ability is getting others to stand by him.

Does anyone else see Shirahoshi joining the SHs ?

Otohime said that a person would come who would guide her to the right path, and the right way to use her power. She will also need protection, which Luffy has provided since they met.
I agree on the point about gathering allies, it makes me think that Blackbeard might take a page from WB and form his own crew made up of Division commanders and when the story finally comes to the end for One Piece we will have Team Straw Hat with all his allies competeing again BB fleet.

I dont know if you forgot or just chose not to include them but remember he would have the Nakama Kingdom to back him up to, Iva san has been through alot with him and even met Sanji so I would count him on his list of allies.

I dont see Shirahoshi will join the crew, but do a 'Jinbei' os to speak and say that she will meet him in the near future, but again back to my previous point she would play a very powerful role if Luffy and his allies did need to go against BB or heck even the Government.

I know you quoted Hawk Eyes comment on his ability to have everybody side with him, but I think there is a line between allies and crewmates sadly.

I did think though thats them just about to head out, what do you think the possibilites of Hachi coming along with them to New World are I mean he was no the ship as they were setting out ?
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
I dont know if you forgot or just chose not to include them but remember he would have the Nakama Kingdom to back him up to, Iva san has been through alot with him and even met Sanji so I would count him on his list of allies.
There are many more, but I was just giving a few examples.

Quote:
I know you quoted Hawk Eyes comment on his ability to have everybody side with him, but I think there is a line between allies and crewmates sadly.
That comment had nothing to do with the prospect of Shirahoshi joining.

Quote:
I did think though thats them just about to head out, what do you think the possibilites of Hachi coming along with them to New World are I mean he was no the ship as they were setting out ?
Were you on something when you wrote this ?

Heavens.

And no, Hacchi will not join. He had his time to shine during the SA arc, but was given very little panel time in this one. That indicates that he will not be joining, and on top of it all he is injured, and therefore would be useless to the SHs.

Edit: MS version is out and it is so much better.
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/26812784/6
And damn, what a badass coloring of Brook's new slash attack
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/26812784/22

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
ronnie_10
Genin

ronnie_10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the most interesting point in the manga I tht was the mention of Joyboy. He has to be some sort of ancestor to the D people.
The will of the D must be this mission of joyboy involving noah and poseidon and obviously the climax of this manga. Even the (fabled) name Joyboy generally fits the description of all the seen Ds, except ofcourse Dragon and to some extent BB.
Interesting.. these few panels with robin and king was the whole point of this arc.
Salute to your genious.. Oda!
ronnie_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
I thought the blank ages were 400 years. Where is this 100 years coming from.
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/World_Timeline

The Void Century started 902 years ago and lasted for 100. Thus the reason they called it the void century.

Quote:
All these while I was thinking of a ship or an inanimate object to be the weapon. Does the WG know of this.
I'm pretty sure they do, since they were the one's who destroyed all knowledge about what happened from the public. I'm sure they kept a record for themselves. They probably thought the power of Poseidon has been lost, so they weren't all that worried about FMI. When they find out the power has resurfaced, it could cause a huge uproar. The World Government is sure to freak out over it.

ask me anything is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Imagine what would happen if the WG found out about the weather balls in weatheria. Haredas said that in the wrong hands it could drop the world into termoil, and If I recall they have a lot of those lol.

The tech in OP is really interesting, imagine what Vegapunk will have in his nerd cave.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #12
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I'm curious if you guys are looking forward to any new DF powers in the New world, have any in mind you would like to see?
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

More mythical zoan types like Marco, 1st commander of the White Beard pirates.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
More mythical zoan types like Marco
I want that as well. A water logia would also be interesting, just to see if the dynamics would be the same in regards to the water weakness.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

NEW WORLD !!!! LET'S GOOOOO !!
This might become one of the greatest shit ever, don't shit your pants too much and enjoy it for the next 10 years.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote