Fairy tail 263 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Fairy tail 263

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy...25/c263/3.html

Enjoy.

Aside from finding out that raven tail will be participating in the tournament, this chapter was face palm worthy. Why include this easy way BS ?

Either have the group train or don't bring it up at all.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-09-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-09-2011), OiB (12-09-2011)

Old 12-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fairy tail 263

At least love doesn't power them up lol
But seriously a container that is never been used and ultear will unlock that, so cheap. Just put this manga in the container.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Im not too bothered about there power up to be honest. I would have been bothered if Hiro made them enter the tournament without some sort of training and having them win. I really enjoyed this chapter becuase I have been dying to see more of Raven Tail and to find out what happened with both Ultear and Gerard.

I couldnt stop laughing at Natsu running straight into Ultear's tits. And Hiro showed her ass for no reason just some good old fan service. Meredy got big in many areas too .

If it will please any of you that are so annoyed at this 'power up' then there all going to go through some pain.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

The last page makes me think there may be some other catch to it. Maybe erza sensed that not all of the three have undergone the procedure, so maybe only some will do it (Natsu will definitely, the lightning+fire (foreshadowing) thing makes it a must). Maybe its how much time it takes (for the pain to go away) or maybe there is something even worse.

Oh, and I lol'ed at "I dont get it"

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Mashima's though process: "How can I show off a new guild's emblem in a cool and memorable way? Oh! Lets have it tattooed on a completely naked chick!" As if this series needed anymore fanservice.

Considering how absurdly predictable this chapter was coupled with the fanservice, it makes me wonder if he is serious anymore with this story.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
Considering how absurdly predictable this chapter was coupled with the fanservice, it makes me wonder if he is serious anymore with this story.
That answer is already known for about a year.
It's a shame, this series had so much potential.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
jafar3001
Genin

jafar3001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we're all jumping the gun alittle. I dont trust that bitch Ultear for 1 second. Shes still a lying little cunt saying gerard was controlling her when it was the other way around. I bet this powerup is gonna have a serious drawback
jafar3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
Loke
Genin

Loke is on a distinguished road

ib4 giant asspu-- oh sh*t...

If the powerup is really that tremendous as Ultear say, then it's very anticlimatic... (ofc, they always win, they're the heros, but this would definitely be too obvious...).

Anyways, was expected, was done, checked, now time to carry on with plot.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Once I saw the bridge repair itself I knew Gerard, Ultear, & Merady would show. The bridge was obviously fixed with time magic. Seeing Gerard again pretty much made the whole chapter for me. I was a little disappointed in Raven Tail they look like joke villains. Also are they going to crash the tournament or take part? How is a dark guild allowed to take part in the first place?

I like how Gerard, Ultear, & Merady formed a rogue guild.

The powerup isn't a surprise I mean this is a manga about magic. The so called explaination reminded me of the concept of using 100% of your brain at the same time. So basically Ultear, Gerard, Merady, & the fairy group here are going to be evolved humans? I'm surprised we don't see more types of powerups like enchanted items to boost magical energy.

PS: It's funny how Gerard's guild crest on his cloths is close to his penis.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-09-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Loke (12-09-2011)
Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Gratuitous naked Ultear for no reason? Check. Plot line to completely negate the idiocy of partying in the Spirit World for three months? Check. Utterly stilted conversation with three of your former nemeses in which no one denounces them, questions them and just accepts an offer of power up at no apparent cost? Check. Pretty standard chapter from Mashima.

Pretty awful, really. I can't believe Natsu just bought it - he's the hot head who just wants to fight. Everyone else was like "oh cool, hi there villains, I guess if you say you are working for good, you're good." Someone should have realized that an independent guild might not have anyone's good interests in mind. But whatever, right? We got ourselves a power-up at no cost. Can't imagine the life lesson out of this one:

"Don't worry kids, if you piss your time away, someone who once wished you dead will drop by and fix everything for you."

My general thought that the normal plotline for these types of manga will be for Ezra to stand up and reject the offer because it is not of hard work and sacrifice, willing to be humiliated in the arena rather than take the easy route (which is nothing for her because she was one of the strongest to begin with) then convincing the others to do so as well, and the title does suggest that, but stranger things have happened. We'll see.

Also, Ultear's time bubble powers are just bullshit. They make no sense in the what she can or can't warp forward or back or whatever. A true controller of time would be invincible. Hiro uses it as an "as I need it" power rather than any fixed rules it seems.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
Loke
Genin

Loke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
I was a little disappointing in Raven Tail they look like joke villains. Also are they going to crash the tournament or take part? How is a dark guild allowed to take part in the first place?
Agreed. I don't think they can take part (same reasoning as yours, dark guild stuff). Also I'm not sure... it depends on the translation as well I guess. But maybe they won't be crushing the tourment, yet do something to Fairy Tail specifically. "Painting FT black" might refer to some sort of defamation or scheme that leads to FT losing their official status. Or black = "dark" and thus refers to whatever Lumen Etoile is (if we associate "light" with it).

Quote:
PS: It's funny how Gerard's guild crest on his cloths is close to his penis.
LOL, hadn't even noticed this until I read your PS XD

Last edited by Loke; 12-09-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Loke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loke For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (12-09-2011)
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

This manga needs more books. Where are the grimoire's of ancient witches & warlocks? I mean for a manga that revolves around magic the only hint of spell research I'm seeing is with Wendy who's looking at a couple of pages. Hopefully Levi's book that she got from the spirit realm is a grimoire. A little confused on how magic works here if every mage has a container wouldn't that mean that every person has a predetermined potential to use magic? Is Gildartz powerful simply because he was born that way? Also where does intelligence & willpower (those things normally associated with powerful magic users) come into play? I mean really the majority of fairy tail mages seem borderline retarded with the exception of Levi, Freed, Evergreen, & Laki. Let's see...

1. Natsu was raised by a dragon & can use magic people normally can't naturally? Does that mean he isn't human? Does that mean Igneel did something to Natsu's body which gave him the ability to eat fire & convert it into energy?

2. Gray became a mage by running around naked in a blizard? Umm ok get in touch with your inner cool.

3. Lucy is a mage because she uses enchanted keys to call on spirits. Ok this one actually makes sense in the realm of magic. Still haven't seen her dads gift but at least she meditated for 2 minutes before getting a headache.

4. Erza seems to have been born with telekinesis? I mean I don't recall any training while she was a slave. Then she had to have done some research into summoning objects followed by some expensive shopping & item hording. Now if a mage who draws strength from enchanted armor & weapons wanted to become stronger why wouldn't she seek out the latest enchanted armor model or some shit instead of wasting time at a beach? Does she enchant the items herself(DOUBT IT) or some shit?

5. Elfman & his sister gain new transformations by defeating powerful monsters, animals, & or demons & emulate their forms. Let's hope that this stays true & the trio went off to fight some uber beast.

Quote:
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Old 12-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

The only problem with the book idea is that there has been no indication that there is any learned ability or magic units. Everyone has a very distinct magic and the only true root we have is Laxus' dad implanting the Lightning Fake-Dragon magic in him and Gray's magic which was learned by tutelage under a master. This really lends itself to everyone having an innate set of skills that may or may not be shared by others. And each of these power sets seem to be the limit - Gray isn't going to learn to use Ezra's battle armor any more than Ezra is going to learn Natsu's fire eating.

Books are written when there a multiple people who can benefit from it, otherwise it is a lot of effort. Wendy appears to be a special case. The spell research seems to be more trial and error at this point rather than actual learning.

Hey, maybe Hiro will change that and bring down "how to learn magic" manuals and that would be pretty cool, but for the moment it just seems like it'll remain unexplained.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
The only problem with the book idea is that there has been no indication that there is any learned ability or magic units. Everyone has a very distinct magic and the only true root we have is Laxus' dad implanting the Lightning Fake-Dragon magic in him and Gray's magic which was learned by tutelage under a master.
1. Gray wasn't born an ice mage he learned his abilities from training with Ur. Some applies to Leon.

2. Ultear learned time magic since she was originally an ice mage.

3. Erza learned re-equip summoning though seems to have been born with telekinesis. Other mages use re-equip magic as well such as Alzack & Bisca.

4. Romeo learned rainbow fire magic from Totomaru.

Anyway my point is simple there are apparent learned abilities that are not unique to a specific mage or bloodline. If magic can be learned why wouldn't they document this type of stuff for general reference?

Quote:
This really lends itself to everyone having an innate set of skills that may or may not be shared by others. And each of these power sets seem to be the limit - Gray isn't going to learn to use Ezra's battle armor any more than Ezra is going to learn Natsu's fire eating.
Erza's battle armor are just enchanted items. Harnessing the magical properties in an enchanted item isn't limited to Erza. The Shikamaru dude(forget his name) was going to use a magic floot. Brain was looking for Nervana which was a giant weapon. Why woudn't others be capable of using these type of items if only to enhance their ability in whatever magic they use?

PS: Erza must have tons of cash to offord all of thouse armor & weapons.

Quote:
Books are written when there a multiple people who can benefit from it, otherwise it is a lot of effort.
Totomaru teaches rainbow fire magic in a classroom. Would it be entirely out of the question to say write a book or pamflit on rainbow fire magic that his students can use for refference? Or do books not belong in schools now?

Quote:
Wendy appears to be a special case. The spell research seems to be more trial and error at this point rather than actual learning.
Huu how so? She needs to research the matiral given to her so she can understand the concept of the spells. So she'd be learning from written information that could been used along with other material to create a grimoire on sky/wind/air magic.

Note: Sky/Wind/Air magic isn't unique to Wendy just as Fire Magic isn't unique to Natsu.

Quote:
Hey, maybe Hiro will change that and bring down "how to learn magic" manuals and that would be pretty cool, but for the moment it just seems like it'll remain unexplained.
I really don't get why Hiro hasn't touched on that much. I'm hoping Levi's spirit book would at least touch on the subject.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-09-2011 at 06:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-10-2011)
Old 12-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Why include this easy way BS ?

Either have the group train or don't bring it up at all.
I agree. This whole situation could have been handled much better. At the very least they could have used Ezra's extreme training idea and had Ultear use her time manipulation powers on their bodies to turn back time, effectively rejuvenating them. That would somewhat justified their powerup, and wouldn't have been as big an ass pull as what we got.

Quote:
The so called explaination reminded me of the concept of using 100% of your brain at the same time.
It reminded me of Jiraya's explanation to Naruto that he has 2 different types of Chakra inside him. I wonder if this "process" that pulls out their other magic power includes being thrown off a cliff.

Quote:
So basically Ultear, Gerard, Merady, & the fairy group here are going to be evolved humans?
Nope, Jinchuuriki..................400 chapters later Natsu transforms into 9-tail dragon mode. <_<'

Quote:
I'm surprised we don't see more types of powerups like enchanted items to boost magical energy.
Not to worry, I've seen an advance copy of the script. Ezra is getting a Bankai soon, and Grey will unlock his Sharigan. Oops, spoilers.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote