One Piece 650 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One Piece 650

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/650

Enjoy.

Sweet chapter, packed with lots of new info.

It sucks that the fight between Aokiji and Akainu happened off panel. They each have one of the most powerful DFs to date, it must have been a sight. 10 straight days of fighting, that is badass. I'm really curious about what Aokiji is up to. My money is on relaxing, since he has no duties to attend to now.

BB is a Yonkou, and he didn't even use the gura gura no mi. Holy shit, he must be a freaking monster now. They are killing powerful DF users and taking their powers, which makes me wonder how they are transferring them. Aokiji will most definitely be a target now that he isn't a marine and is on his own. The WB pirates should watch out as well, specially Marco with his Mythical Zoan.

We got to see the casket in action, that is a pretty useful tool and as usual Zeo was hilarious.

" I got old on purpose "

Lol at Luffy just punting Caribou off the castle, and Sanji's reaction to Shirahoshi holding him. Caribou knows Shirahoshi's secret, so what happens now ?

Also, we have the confirmation of a 3rd weapon, Uranus.

Sea, Land and Sky, can't wait to see the other two in action.

Big mam is up next. With no candy to offer she might hunt down the SHs lol.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-14-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-14-2011), CrustaceaN (12-14-2011), HookedOnSonics518 (12-15-2011), Numinous (12-14-2011)

Old 12-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road
Re: One Piece 650

Well first I would like to say great chapter really did enjoy it, it answered a great deal of things ive been thinking about, mainly things that happened during the Time Skip.

Now I didnt read this link as i found it on

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/64985431/1

Some of the stuff seems to be translated slightly different that to that link.

Well about the chapter.

I am a little annoyed at the battle of Aokiji and Akainu being off panel, on mangastream they said the fight lasted several days but I think the mangareader is more badass, 10 straight days off fighting just sounds so awesome !. I would like to think the Aokiji is just cycling around New World and the SH's bump into him one day that would be just so funny :P But if hes gone from the Marines do you think there is a chance that there could be two new Admirals as there is two slots now open, one being Aokiji and the other Akainu being promoted. I was a little suprised at hearing Akainu got the promotion, but when I think of the fight between him and Luffy in the distant future, that will be indeed Epic, Supreme Fleet Admiral Versus Straw Hat Captain.

I wasnt really surprised that Blackbeard was an Pirate Emporer now, I mean he basically has WB's DF if he wasnt consider strong enough then who else there ?. In the Mangasteam translations it states that BB is going around using the Gura Gura fruit, but Dagoro qutoed he wasnt using the fruit to take lands so I have mixed feelings ont that. Glad to see I was right about BB probably going around to find the strongest version of each category for the DF's, already has Logia and Paracemia so I wonder which Zoan he will be looking for as he said he studied a book of the fruits so must have some idea.

To the ancient weapons. Im glad they stated the proper amount of the weapons, 3 now we know they will be invovled in a later point rather than just saying there scattered a round the world without mention of the amount. In the Strong World Chapter, Shiki states Roger found a weapon I think he must have referring to Uranus, mainly due to it being the last one we found out about and we have had mention of the other two.

Big Mom should be making an appearance very soon, still hoping that its Lola mum would be a funny thing to see how she reacts to Luffy and the guys.

And lastly im looking forward to the next Cover page hopefully it will show all the folk involved Enies Lobby Arc, Like the Franky Family and the shipwrights.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Last edited by Buck09; 12-14-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

It would be really surprising if Big Mam isn't Lola's mom.

I wonder what was Kizaru's stance in all of this. The guy is one of the Admirals, possibly the strongest, yet he just sat quietly while his peers were skull bashing one another ?

I know he is super lazy, but that is taking it bit too far if he had nothing to say.

BB will be looking for the best DFs only, no weak shit allowed. Sengoku might be in danger too, his DF was pretty beastly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
HookedOnSonics518 (12-15-2011)
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Sengoku and Aokiji are next on target.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
EliminatorTC
Academy Student

EliminatorTC is an unknown quantity at this point

There is at least one more combination of DF's that is a must have... the Gomu Gomu no Mi and Buggys DF as they make u invincible at both bullets and swords.....
Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Good chapter - been a while since I enjoyed a purely text based chapter in any manga for a while. In truth, with a timeskip, Oda needs a few more, particularly about certain pirates and marines. But I'm sure as the SHs leave and meet up with other past characters, the NewGen pirates especially, we'll get filled in.

I am not upset about the Admiral fight being off panel - it pretty much as to be for suspense. Both Aokiji and Akainu have a history with Luffy, particularly Akainu, and to showcase their complete powers in an even fight would diminish at future turns when the fights with either SH or BB pirates happen. You want those surprise turns, especially as a writer, to entertain the reader. Has to happen that way. No qualms on this one.

Um, conquer a country for candy? Er... OK, I'll accept that. Spin this one for me, but it better be more than a further showcase for Luffy power ups - that's what this whole arc was about. Time to move on to the new seas. Although, they probably have to do something about Caribou, but it would be more interesting if he disappeared until later when the other mythical weapons came into play (i.e. get help and then make a play for Poseidon to cause upheaval of the pirate world). But then, Caribou has been devious, not smart.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-14-2011), Shrike (12-14-2011), uzumakinagato (12-14-2011)
Old 12-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Excellent chapter. I knew Oda was going somewhere with the whole arc. Getting prepared for the New World.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Aoikiji vs Akainu, pretty freaking boss! I agree with ACt, as much as I would have wanted to see the fighting, keeping it off panel does build up good suspense for future battles between SH vs Akainu or SH vs Aokiji. I think Kizaru has a motive for not intervening. He's probably there as a neutral party to mediate between the pacifist and extreme factions. Maybe he's still following orders from Sengoku and is there to observe. Either way, can't wait to here more about the Marines like who are the new two replacements for the position of Admiral. I'd assume they would elevate two of the Vice Admirals. We need to know how Coby is doing, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a high ranking officer now considering his new haki powers.

Would also like to know where Shanks stands in all of this and if he has clashed with Blackbeard since becoming Yonkou. Too many questions, too little patience. lol Oda knows how to cook up a nice story dammit.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

I came...

Didn't read the other comments yet but my guess is that aokiji joined revolutionary army.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

This is what am talking abt. Let's move on to BigMom. Will be a good scale to measure the SH power. Good Chapt.

Letting two admirals fight for fleet admiral is the worst way I could think of to settle this issue. If voting doesnt cut it, they could do the power-sharing stuff. By using violence they lost a super power and who are they going to get to replace him? Judging by the war, the only VA that impressed me was Momonga. So am thinking the new Admirals if they must be three are Kizaru, Magellan and Momonga.

Smoker shd be a VA by now.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
CrustaceaN
-

CrustaceaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome chapter.

So its possible now that Zoro and Sanji have Kenbunshoku Haki.
CrustaceaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
This is what am talking abt. Let's move on to BigMom. Will be a good scale to measure the SH power. Good Chapt.

Letting two admirals fight for fleet admiral is the worst way I could think of to settle this issue. If voting doesnt cut it, they could do the power-sharing stuff. By using violence they lost a super power and who are they going to get to replace him? Judging by the war, the only VA that impressed me was Momonga. So am thinking the new Admirals if they must be three are Kizaru, Magellan and Momonga.

Smoker shd be a VA by now.
Sadly I cant see Smoker being a Vice Admiral, his Devil Fruit and his skills are definately worthy of being one, but I honestly do think he will be but fingers crossed he might.

Thats interesting to think about Magellan being one of the new Admirals, he definately is deadly enough to be one what with his DF, but due to his..erm..constant diahorrea, do you think he will be able to be up for the job ? I mean imagine there was another big war he would spend half his time in the toilet haha but honestly though its a good possibilty DF and Strengths wise.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #13
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I just noticed that Nami sent Luffy, Zoro and Sanji flying off the castle just like Luffy did to Caribou.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/64985431/14

Lol, Nami. When money is at stake she is Admiral level.

On the Big Mam front, what if she really destroys the island over candy ?

That could be what Shirley saw in her vision, and it would be Luffy's fault since he ate everything lol.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-14-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #14
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonder what would happen if she actually did destroy it o.o..

Also..am I the only one who doesn't like Caribou? He hasn't seemed like an end-game villain at all to me..Yeah he stole the treasure, but anyone could have if no one was there >.>
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #15
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senkradlol View Post
Wonder what would happen if she actually did destroy it o.o..

Also..am I the only one who doesn't like Caribou? He hasn't seemed like an end-game villain at all to me..Yeah he stole the treasure, but anyone could have if no one was there >.>
At first I didn't like him but he has grown on me. He seems fun for the SH crew to kick around. He's like a bad recurring "villain" like Emperor Pilaf.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote