Games and all things related - Page 149 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #2221
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Games and all things related

Yep, it sure is. I use to play a lot a year+ ago. Made it up to blue belt or something like that. Just recently rediscovered it and trying to get my groove back.

It is pretty tough to get into in the beginning. But once you start to understand how things work, memorize some of the basic openers and then start developing your own moves. Shit can get crazy when a couple decent fellows duke it out.

Developed one opener when I played all the time, called the Drunken Dragon style. Was infamous for getting under my opponents and being able to just launch them out of the ring.(in the Aikido dojos, where I usually play) Need to try and get that down pat again.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-16-2011)

Old 12-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #2222
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

^This game sounds pretty goddamn manly. Going to have to look into this one.

Edit: Downloaded it. Figured I'd be uchi-mata'ing my way to glorious victory after glorious victory. Never been so wrong. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
Which was your favorite Boss fight? In Dark Souls as well.
Fuck yeah! Flamelurker and false king allent are really awesome bosses when battling pure melee style, so they're my favorites. King Doran and Garl are the manliest bosses. I liked how old monk summoned a dude to fight for him as a boss battle, thought that was psycho mantis level awesome when I first realized what was going on there.

Dark Souls, easily Ornstein and Smough, or whatever their names are. Manly duo. And fucking Gwen is a goddamn badass. So those two, with spider babe and Sif being good ones too. Sif limping around but still defending that grave was pretty heroic of him. Oh, and moonlight butterfly and four kings because of Beatrice. She solo'd the butterfly for me and kept a king busy before getting killed long enough so I wouldn't be overwhelmed. Would have died for sure otherwise. What a babe.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Axiom (12-19-2011), Scientia (12-16-2011)
Old 12-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #2223
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Revengeance is looking quite decent.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-17-2011), Scientia (12-17-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #2224
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Fuck yeah! Flamelurker and false king allent are really awesome bosses when battling pure melee style, so they're my favorites. King Doran and Garl are the manliest bosses. I liked how old monk summoned a dude to fight for him as a boss battle, thought that was psycho mantis level awesome when I first realized what was going on there.
Haha. Flamelurker gave me so much trouble when I first played. Even more so than the rest due to my terrible stats at the time. But I kept trying over and over so I felt relief and accomplishment when I finally finished him. Also, I loved the music that played during his fight. It was melancholic but seemed fitting, I dunno.

And False King Allant, the asshole with his freaking soul level steal. He got one on me and the level he took detracted from my equip burden, so when I tried to role away immediately after I was slower than a snail. I had to quickly cast some of my armor off so I could move fast again. It was kind of epic. Awesome fight nontheless. And yeah, Old Monk is really cool with how they did it, it's basically PVP, right? Kinda lulzy with that big tornado thing around the person's head, though.

Edit: Also, Old Hero was a pretty crazy fight. I always wanted to fight him with Biorr on my side, for some reason. On a NG++ of course, otherwise it'd totally be unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Dark Souls, easily Ornstein and Smough, or whatever their names are. Manly duo. And fucking Gwen is a goddamn badass. So those two, with spider babe and Sif being good ones too. Sif limping around but still defending that grave was pretty heroic of him. Oh, and moonlight butterfly and four kings because of Beatrice. She solo'd the butterfly for me and kept a king busy before getting killed long enough so I wouldn't be overwhelmed. Would have died for sure otherwise. What a babe.
Totally agree about Ornstein and Smough. Instantly my favorite as soon as the fight began. I was like "wtf, this is awesome, holy shit, fuck, THIS IS AWESOME" Then I got pierced with a lightning bolt, smashed, and died. I like how Ornstein just quietly looks down at Smough's body and calmly places his hand on him to absorb his powers. Like "you did well, comrade. Now it's time for me to end this." Ornstein, <3. Also, what's his name...the sunbro Solaire. I summoned him to help me with that fight, it was pretty damn awesome.

Yeah, Sif was badass. He's like "fuck that, I'm NOT giving up motherfucker." Wasn't he guarding the most badass of black knights' grave or something? Too bad you never got to meet that guy.

Fucking Four Kings. The instant I heard the song I was like "aww shit." Gang raped me. I didn't even know Beatrice existed. I mean, I found her catalyist or whatever but I didn't know you can summon her, anyway that was a fight just like Flamelurker....over and over until finally...sweet victory!

And I remember thinking Gwyn was Andre the blacksmith guy when I first entered the fog at the end. Awesome boss. But really, I pretty much loved all the bosses. I can't lie.

Edit: And Iron Golem! It felt so epic get knocked the hell around everytime he smacked at you (not sure if you need a large shield to be able to properly block it/show the animation I'm talking about, though) and also having to worry about getting knocked off. Though it was kind of annoying with the whole falling off thing.

Last edited by Scientia; 12-17-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-17-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #2225
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Bought a copy of Resident Evil 2 on Dreamcast.

I am playing my favourite game of all time on my favourite console of all time.

This is awesome.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-18-2011), Miburo (12-17-2011), Scientia (12-17-2011), Shrike (12-17-2011), zer0systm (12-17-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #2226
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post

This is awesome.
Reading this made me feel like I was playing it. Manly tears.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (12-17-2011), Miburo (12-19-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #2227
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Found my PS1 version of RE2 the other day. I don't know where it came from. I never bought it. It just showed up one day. I shit you not, how I got that game is a pure mystery.
Mal (12-18-2011), Miburo (12-19-2011), Shrike (12-17-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #2228
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

That game searches for awesome people knowing they'll find it of the same quality. Simple really.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-18-2011), Miburo (12-19-2011), zer0systm (12-17-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #2229
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

I'm getting Vanquish, guys. Fear me.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (12-17-2011), Miburo (12-19-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #2230
zer0systm
Antagonist

zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
That game searches for awesome people knowing they'll find it of the same quality. Simple really.
You had me at "Hello".
Miburo (12-19-2011), Shrike (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #2231
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Quote:

This is awesome.
Just played Claire A on Hard on PC version (since it's the only version to have that difficulty). I usually run through A scenario easily, almost in an hour without saving the game. I tried to play Hard with 3 saves and no First Aids, and wanted Claire A since it's harder then Leon A, like a boss. Failed like a boss, too. Died near the end just before William, was on Caution and forgot about naked zombies in the hall before him. They kill you even if on Caution in one bit on Hard.

Raged epically. Gonna have to cool down to try again. Saved before the train William.
Jaxon (12-19-2011), Miburo (12-19-2011), Scientia (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #2232
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I'm playing Leon A. I haven't played the game in about 7 years, so I know what I'm doing but it's little things I forget. I was trying to remember where the Unicorn medallion was for about 15 minutes, then realised I had missed the entire point of the STARS office.

This is after I had searched the desk 50 times and developed the photograph of Rebecca.

Also, is Hard mode the "arrange mode"? I've only played the Dualshock edition before this, so I've not played Extreme Battle or Arrange mode. I think the Dreamcast version is a mostly-straight port of the PC version, but I'm not sure.

It's nice to play the game at a decent resolution at 60fps. I love my PSone but PAL PlayStation games got fucked over, they don't go higher than 30fps.

Last edited by Jaxon; 12-19-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-19-2011), Scientia (12-19-2011), Shrike (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #2233
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Steam Sale time, git yo wallets ready.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #2234
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Quote:
I'm playing Leon A. I haven't played the game in about 7 years, so I know what I'm doing but it's little things I forget. I was trying to remember where the Unicorn medallion was for about 15 minutes, then realised I had missed the entire point of the STARS office.

This is after I had searched the desk 50 times and developed the photograph of Rebecca.
Oh, good for you then, you'll actually enjoyed the game helluva lot if you don't remember shit. I, unfortunately, played every RE so much that I remember most things. Especially RE2, I guess, since it's really replayable.

Quote:
Also, is Hard mode the "arrange mode"? I've only played the Dualshock edition before this, so I've not played Extreme Battle or Arrange mode. I think the Dreamcast version is a mostly-straight port of the PC version, but I'm not sure.

It's nice to play the game at a decent resolution at 60fps. I love my PSone but PAL PlayStation games got fucked over, they don't go higher than 30fps.
No, Arrange game has, I think, only the Rookie mode, where you have a machine gun with unlimited ammo in the start and then you can pick up an infinite rocket launcher from the item box, too.

Hard unlocks if you finish Normal, I think. At least in the PC version. Definitely not in the GC or PS versions, not sure about DC version. But even if there is no Hard mode you can still have so much fun with the Extreme battle.

Dualshock version should have Extreme Battle mode too, but you have to finish both scenarios for it to be available. You can play HUNK, too, if you finish both scenarios with A grade, I think.

So wish we could drink beer and play :/
Jaxon (12-19-2011), Miburo (12-19-2011), zer0systm (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #2235
zer0systm
Antagonist

Shrike, Save dosh, come to Japan.
Mal (12-20-2011), Miburo (12-19-2011), Shrike (12-19-2011)