Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 12 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #166
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

YES! Here are my favorite parts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
What you call a shit shifting expedition, I would call removing all the truth from my statements.
Might be the only thing he was actually correct in saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I simply have more possibilities available to choose from than you do, hence there is a higher probability that the one I choose to believe will be correct.
Oh, probabilities.

But this part was the best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I'm 34 years old man, I have scored in the top percentile of almost every test I have ever taken. When I take an IQ test today I still score around 150. My knowledge is based on experience. In other words it is wisdom. To put it in layman's terms, I'm no dummy. I am an idiot. You are an idiot. We are all idiots. Don't try and talk to me with authority about anything that you've read. I don't care if you can provide me a link on the internet that says something or not. It could still be bullshit while being on the net, it could still be 100% true while not being on the net. Give me your deductions, not what someone else says. Give me something you came up with, not something you destroyed. Tell me what happened to you, not what's on the news.
He's like a retarded man-child version of Tyler Durden.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-22-2011), ask me anything (12-22-2011), J-man123 (12-22-2011), kael03 (12-21-2011), Mal (12-22-2011), Numinous (12-22-2011), Scientia (07-15-2012)


Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #167
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

You guys are really something else.

I have never met another group of people that were so quick to claim something proved wrong without ever addressing the actual points that were brought up, and instead just resorting to childish trickery and applying terms and designations that have no bearing whatsoever on the makeup of the discussion you are frivolously tearing apart.

You can go ahead and claim it's just me since you all think the same, but I have been around the block more than once, and this group here is the first one I have ever encountered that had even ONE person insist upon some of the stupid shit you all pull out as the straight dope.

Whatever, you all can enjoy your little community, I will not be returning to these forums again as there is no point in even attempting to have a discussion with you all.

Last edited by almightywood; 12-21-2011 at 11:54 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
matta (01-23-2012), xxMESTxx (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #168
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Oh, favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I'm 34 years old man,
Quote:
To put it in layman's terms, I'm no dummy. I am an idiot.

Quote:
For the last decade I have been taking care of people with traumatic brain injuries.
Before that I did a variety of different things. At one point I started a cult, kind of petered out after getting to about 14 members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Then, my loser father came along and taught me "1 + 1 = 2" and from there on in, my knowledge was completely limited what with only one option for the answer to "1 + 1 =". I was SO much stupider after that day.

I mean, who cares about knowing truth and reality when you could KNOW. SO. MUCH. MORE.


who is this douche?

Quote:
OK - first off, bullshit. We know a whole fucking lot. I hate the whole "we really don't know anything" statement. Humans are an impressive bunch when it comes to how much they have figured out about the world around them and used that information to manipulate it. Then we even have manged to create external memories (books, computers, etc) that provide us with the brain capacity to learn more! We are fucking intelligent beasts (and yes, I know that is oxymoronic with my utter opinion that we are fucking stupid beasts but that is more about information use and the fact that we could be doing so much better). Humans know a lot, there is just a lot to know. Wisdom comes from the acknowledgement that your knowledge is not complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
It must be some game they play at wherever they keep 34 year old retards at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You are attacking my belief that I am intelligent, honest, respectful and completely correct. You must be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
How fucking dare you bring my personal beliefs into this! I base my entire life philosophy on the sun rising. For you to trivialize it by calling it 'just a random belief' and that your philosophy is "something much more" is a blatant insult against me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Whatever, you all can enjoy your little community, I will not be returning to these forums again as there is no point in even attempting to have a discussion with you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
GLORIOUS VICTORY!
I lol'd at everything. Accept for the one with act talking about humans knowing a lot, I just fully agreed with it.

Edit: Oh, and congrats/thanks OH, and Numinous for a while. You were successful in making this forum a slightly less stupid place.
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 12-22-2011 at 12:05 AM.
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-22-2011), ask me anything (12-22-2011), kael03 (12-22-2011), Mal (12-22-2011), Miburo (12-22-2011), Numinous (12-22-2011), Scientia (07-15-2012)
Old 12-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #169
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I want to change my favorite parts to this:


Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
You guys are really something else.

I have never met another group of people that were so quick to claim something proved wrong without ever addressing the actual points that were brought up, and instead just resorting to childish trickery and applying terms and designations that have no bearing whatsoever on the makeup of the discussion you are frivolously tearing apart.

You can go ahead and claim it's just me since you all think the same, but I have been around the block more than once, and this group here is the first one I have ever encountered that had even ONE person insist upon some of the stupid shit you all pull out as the straight dope.

Whatever, you all can enjoy your little community, I will not be returning to these forums again as there is no point in even attempting to have a discussion with you all.
Pretty sure this is the debate version of a flawless victory fatality or some shit. Once again, reason and manliness prevails! Well done, comrades.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-22-2011), ask me anything (12-22-2011), Axiom (12-22-2011), J-man123 (12-22-2011), kael03 (12-22-2011), Mal (12-22-2011), Numinous (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 12:23 AM   #170
Axiom
[something clever]
 
Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 487
Thanked 824 Times in 305 Posts
Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Holy hell, this is some of the most mind numbing shit I ever read. Don’t know how you guys manage to keep up with this gobbledygook. Kudos to you.

Favorite part? Aside from the constant backpedaling and self-contradictions on a near post by post basis(and the subsequent I'm not doing that stuff you just misinterpret my words). It’d probably be this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Before that I did a variety of different things. At one point I started a cult, kind of petered out after getting to about 14 members. I hitch-hiked around for a couple of years. I have had jobs in construction, factories, food and otherwise. I have spent a couple years in prison, and a couple years in jail on various charges. About the only walk of life I could have been down that I haven't is that of a high powered executive type, and believe me, I don't want to be one. That would go against my whole philosophy in life.
I hitch-hicked around for a couple of years. I was homeless for a long ass time.
I have had many jobs in.. I cannot hold steady employment..... Accounts for the homelessness?
I have spent a couple years in prison, and a couple years in jail I am a criminal.... Accounts for the lack of employment?

Also, I believe the cult part. Because that totally explains this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
your best efforts at intellectual conversation have been circular metaphysical crap, it has been a shit shifting expedition to even come up with rebuttals.
The utter lack of content and substance in anything posted, is the exact kind of ambiguous, dogmatic, pontification one might expect an aspiring cult leader using to try luring some confused and disenfranchised youth into signing over their trust funds to come to live in his barn or some shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Good thing I've already Identified MYSELF as an idiot, can't say that applies to everyone in this thread. Let's see that makes everyone in this thread but me, HR, and axiom fit with this statement, since we all acknowledged OUR own stupidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Thanks for reminding me HR also posts, so you're not the only idiot. And dude, don't put axiom on your side, he's actually intelligent and actually disproved your silly position with logic.
Thank you Num.

AMW- Never said I was stupid, or an idiot. What I said was I make mistakes. There’s a big difference. You can be a reasonably smart fellow and still make mistakes. I’m sure any of these other guys are more than willing to admit to making mistakes. A part of becoming more intelligent is to realize a mistake and own up to it. That way it doesn’t happen again. Also it’s pretty fucking manly in my eyes to admit when you are wrong when proven so.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
You guys are really something else.

I have never met another group of people that were so quick to claim something proved wrong without ever addressing the actual points that were brought up, and instead just resorting to childish trickery and applying terms and designations that have no bearing whatsoever on the makeup of the discussion you are frivolously tearing apart.

You can go ahead and claim it's just me since you all think the same, but I have been around the block more than once, and this group here is the first one I have ever encountered that had even ONE person insist upon some of the stupid shit you all pull out as the straight dope.

Whatever, you all can enjoy your little community, I will not be returning to these forums again as there is no point in even attempting to have a discussion with you all.
Really? This shit again? People act like these other dudes are just straight out to get you and certain other people, just because they are big ol' meanies who like to pick on everyone for fucks sake.

From what I have been seeing since joining seems quite the contrary. Keeping in mind that I myself got hopped on too, in one of my first days on this forum ( actually think it was in the debate section IIRC). For nothing more than doing something stupid. Not for "hey here's a new guy, let's get him". But because of some shenanigans on my part, that they called me on. Rightfully so btw, because if I would have done it in my corner of the tubez. I would have gotten it all the same from internet denizens I have known for over a decade.

There was another instance IRC in one of the hello threads, that was all about why the reds where so mean to the blues or some nonsense. Think I was arguing with Act.. or maybe Mibs. I don’t remember exactly. But I was going on about what I thought was some sort of prejudgment, and why they were so relentless in pressing home the attack on how retarded some members where being.... Now I realise why. Because some people just refuse own up and learn.

Last edited by Axiom; 12-22-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-22-2011), ask me anything (12-22-2011), kael03 (12-22-2011), Mal (12-22-2011), Miburo (12-22-2011), Numinous (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 AM   #171
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

^ Truth. Axiom here was initially thought to be the same type of pseudo-intellectual you (AW) are, but once he stopped being such a n00b we all realized he was just being short-term stupid and is in fact one of the most intelligent members here.



I can't be bothered to go back and quote shit, but my favourite parts of this thread were when AW disproved himself while thinking he was disproving me. I lol'd hard.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-22-2011), Axiom (01-09-2012), kael03 (12-22-2011), Miburo (12-22-2011), Numinous (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 AM   #172
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Awww, I missed AW's rage quit!

About the favorite part, it has to be when he wanted to play the old geezer card on ACt. It had me in stitches from the sheer stupidity of that guy.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-22-2011), ask me anything (12-22-2011), Axiom (01-09-2012), kael03 (12-22-2011), Mal (12-22-2011), Miburo (12-22-2011), xxMESTxx (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #173
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

^ Yeah, nothing like trying to tell the (usually) oldest guy here to grow up and see the world how it truly is.

I'm going to go with Mal successfully getting the guy to argue in a complete circle. Have to think it was one of the easiest rhetoric conversations Mal's ever had. Give him enough rope...

Axiom - yeah, glad you stuck around, honestly. Just call it our personal philosophy that if you cannot back up what you believe, the only true recourse is to submit in the debate. Simple rules - you cannot argue a position you have no support for and if you best brain acrobatics do not convince without facts, you should concede.

Believe me, there probably isn't one person here who hasn't lost one of these. I'm pretty certain Miburo and Mal have done one over me and I know I've had my shit wrecked two or three times by Vanity - those are awesome, she really goes for the throat in like one paragraph. It's hot. So, whatever. I didn't quit because I can take a loss and admit to being wrong.

I fully enjoy this forum for that. Yeah, it's a bit cutthroat and maybe unkind in that way, but so much good can come from having everything challenged agressively - either abandon a faulty premise or push yourself to gain knowledge to support it. That's the definition of the search for knowledge and truth. Shame that AW couldn't realize that we were truly helping him.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-22-2011), Axiom (01-09-2012), Human Rasengan (12-28-2011), kael03 (12-22-2011), Mal (12-22-2011), Miburo (12-22-2011), xxMESTxx (12-22-2011)
Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #174
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,344
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
^ Yeah, nothing like trying to tell the (usually) oldest guy here to grow up and see the world how it truly is.

I'm going to go with Mal successfully getting the guy to argue in a complete circle. Have to think it was one of the easiest rhetoric conversations Mal's ever had. Give him enough rope...

Axiom - yeah, glad you stuck around, honestly. Just call it our personal philosophy that if you cannot back up what you believe, the only true recourse is to submit in the debate. Simple rules - you cannot argue a position you have no support for and if you best brain acrobatics do not convince without facts, you should concede.

Believe me, there probably isn't one person here who hasn't lost one of these. I'm pretty certain Miburo and Mal have done one over me and I know I've had my shit wrecked two or three times by Vanity - those are awesome, she really goes for the throat in like one paragraph. It's hot. So, whatever. I didn't quit because I can take a loss and admit to being wrong.

I fully enjoy this forum for that. Yeah, it's a bit cutthroat and maybe unkind in that way, but so much good can come from having everything challenged agressively - either abandon a faulty premise or push yourself to gain knowledge to support it. That's the definition of the search for knowledge and truth. Shame that AW couldn't realize that we were truly helping him.
I would have to whole heartedly agree.. I'm not good at debating and pretty much everyone here has handed me my ass on a silver platter but it's the quality of the intellect here and the way everyone is cutthroat on these debates that has kept me here.. I see people bitch n whine about going to other forums.. I've been there and the level of discussion is far from up to par.

Sure you could go somewhere where people are gonna pat you on the back n say "it'll be ok but there's something to be said of having a challenge.. even if you loose over and over again you learn from what has transpired and sooner or later you get one in.
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #175
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
I'm going to go with Mal successfully getting the guy to argue in a complete circle. Have to think it was one of the easiest rhetoric conversations Mal's ever had. Give him enough rope...
Any all encompassing philosophy is circular, how else could it encompass anything? That is just proof that it works, not that it is feeble.

Quote:
Axiom - yeah, glad you stuck around, honestly. Just call it our personal philosophy that if you cannot back up what you believe, the only true recourse is to submit in the debate. Simple rules - you cannot argue a position you have no support for and if you best brain acrobatics do not convince without facts, you should concede.
I was never arguing shit, you all were. Just because not one of you gaggle of trolls has the brains to tell the difference between an opinion and a statement of fact, doesn't mean that your view of an intellectual DISCUSSION isn't completely twisted. There is no room for debate or argument about any opinion, unless you are imposing your opinion over others. Something I have never done, and you should probably look into this practice as well.

Quote:
Believe me, there probably isn't one person here who hasn't lost one of these. I'm pretty certain Miburo and Mal have done one over me and I know I've had my shit wrecked two or three times by Vanity - those are awesome, she really goes for the throat in like one paragraph. It's hot. So, whatever. I didn't quit because I can take a loss and admit to being wrong.
Funny thing, I couldn't lose to begin with. We were discussing my beliefs which means I could never be wrong when I tell you what I believe: no matter what I believe that.

Quote:
I fully enjoy this forum for that. Yeah, it's a bit cutthroat and maybe unkind in that way, but so much good can come from having everything challenged agressively - either abandon a faulty premise or push yourself to gain knowledge to support it. That's the definition of the search for knowledge and truth. Shame that AW couldn't realize that we were truly helping him.
You were not helping me in the slightest, the only people you were helping all along was yourselves. If you WERE helping me, you would have deigned to have a discussion with me about what my beliefs entail, not tried to tell me that my beliefs are wrong - this is the opposite of help, no matter who it is directed at. I have had more than my share of debates, and have usually won them. I stopped having debates a while ago in favor of discussions since there is no winner, and I'd rather learn more than "be right".

Once you think it's possible that there is a winner in a conversation you or someone else is having with me, you better go reread some shit, because there is no such thing.

In other words I didn't stop posting here because you all "beat me". I stopped posting here because I deemed you all sufficiently un-open-minded as to not be worth having discussions with.

Go ahead and respond again if you want, but I won't be checking up on it.


Oh and Mest, the only way these forums would be less stupid is if you left. You seem to think that being antagonistic is clever. (When it is really much closer to the opposite of that) Because of this, you are actually less intelligent than Kael (something I didn't think possible), I think he actually understands there is a difference between the two, and occasionally manages a comment that falls into the latter category, whereas I have only seen the former from you.

Last edited by almightywood; 01-17-2012 at 05:42 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
matta (01-23-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #176
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
There is no room for debate or argument about any opinion, unless you are imposing your opinion over others. Something I have never done, and you should probably look into this practice as well.
I'm having difficulty even remembering what we were talking about, but I seem to recall you trying to force on us your opinion that logically and reasonably disputing someone's core belief is an attack on their character.


What I don't remember is where the difference between fact and opinion came into the discussion. I'm going to assume it never did because I am certain I would remember something like that, given the bullshit I imagine you would say. Probably something along the lines of "if I believe hard enough and base my life around that belief, then my idea that Jews aren't people will become fact."

As for you not being able to be wrong, you are correct in the very narrow way you chose to word your statement. You cannot be wrong about what you believe, but what you believe can be wrong.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Your problem is that you have really stupid ideas, and we merely tried to help you realize that.

Discussions are for pussies. If you can't defend your beliefs in debate, then accept that there is no logical reason to hold them.

Last edited by Mal; 01-17-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-18-2012), ask me anything (01-17-2012), Human Rasengan (01-19-2012), kael03 (01-17-2012), Miburo (01-18-2012), Numinous (01-17-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #177
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,715 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Whatever, you all can enjoy your little community, I will not be returning to these forums again as there is no point in even attempting to have a discussion with you all.
Hypocrite much?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-17-2012), Miburo (01-18-2012), Numinous (01-17-2012), xxMESTxx (01-18-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #178
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 9,035
Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
No, calling someone stupid for any reason ever is an attitude problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Oh and Mest, the only way these forums would be less stupid is if you left. You seem to think that being antagonistic is clever. (When it is really much closer to the opposite of that) Because of this, you are actually less intelligent than Kael (something I didn't think possible)...
LOL. Kid just pwned himself.
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-18-2012), kael03 (01-17-2012), Mal (01-17-2012), Miburo (01-18-2012), Numinous (01-17-2012), xxMESTxx (01-18-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #179
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Any all encompassing philosophy is circular, how else could it encompass anything?
Bullshit. Disregarding the fact that claiming to have a philosophy that encompasses all is ridiculous by itself, any philosophy worth its salt isn't circular. Philosophies branch and have some branches that intersect, but don't form any circularity (for example, both Law of Minimal Effort and Occam's Razor appeal to simplicity and complement each other, but they do not form circular reasoning).

Quote:
That is just proof that it works, not that it is feeble.
Bullshit. Any circular reasoning is feeble by nature, because they're the logical equivalent of what perpetual motion is to physics: a paradox.

Like you can't create new energy and every process has an associated loss of energy, therefore dooming perpetual motion to eventually stop, you can't add/substitute arguments in the reasoning for better ones in fear of losing the circularity and you'll always have the chance of having one or more weak/fallacious arguments, so in the end you'll have something that stops making sense even if it was designed to always be right.

Quote:
I was never arguing shit, you all were.
Bullshit. Stop using the colloquial term when everybody else is using the academic one. You're not a lil' special snow flake to use a different meaning to justify your pussiness.

Quote:
Just because not one of you gaggle of trolls has the brains to tell the difference between an opinion and a statement of fact, doesn't mean that your view of an intellectual DISCUSSION isn't completely twisted.
Bullshit. You're the one with a twisted view of intellectual discussions. Being politically correct is completely OPTIONAL when it comes to discussions/debates, discussions are all about fact(oid)s and backing them up/refuting them. It does not matter if you don't like the responses you get, as long as they're valid they're fair play.

For the beginning of this thread, you presented factoids and we refuted them, then you (poorly) backed them up and we refuted them further. That's how discussions work, positive statements are matched against negative to determine which side of the statement is the most valid, so we can learn from such statements and evolve our knowledge.

Quote:
There is no room for debate or argument about any opinion, unless you are imposing your opinion over others. Something I have never done, and you should probably look into this practice as well.

Funny thing, I couldn't lose to begin with. We were discussing my beliefs which means I could never be wrong when I tell you what I believe: no matter what I believe that.
Bullshit. Beliefs can be wrong: many people believed that the Earth was flat and it was the center of the universe. Many others believed in spontaneous generations and that diseases were caused by demons, among others. But logic/science allowed humanity to deem such beliefs as wrong and to move on in search of the truth. If we don't challenge our beliefs to see how weak/strong they are, we cannot grow as human beings.

Quote:
You were not helping me in the slightest, the only people you were helping all along was yourselves.
Bullshit. If you deny yourself the chance of admitting your mistakes, someone has to say why you should do so. One of the best learning tools humanity has is learning by erring, because it grants the knowledge of how things do not work and by proxy increasing the knowledge of what actually works without resorting to the same/further mistakes.

Quote:
If you WERE helping me, you would have deigned to have a discussion with me about what my beliefs entail, not tried to tell me that my beliefs are wrong - this is the opposite of help, no matter who it is directed at.
Bullshit. Did your teachers help you through your education by giving relief to your beliefs or by improving them, changing them for the better? The latter, wasn't it? Exact same deal here, we're not here to pat you on the back and say your beliefs are completely reasonable, because they're not. They're hipster rubbish designed to make you invincible in your arguments by delusions and dilutions of proper rationality.

You need to realize by yourself how much of an ass you're sounding right now, we're just helping you to such epiphany by the roughest road. Think about it for a second: if you manage to survive and even learn from the coldest of logic, you can survive against any kind of logic or you know, actually win debates, unlike what you say next...

Quote:
I have had more than my share of debates, and have usually won them.
Bullshit. With your kind of argumentation, you actually winning debates is highly contrived, it's much more probable you just kept denying your opponents any chance to win over you. You just jinxed on this forum because people here already know how to curbstomp such argumentation.

Quote:
I stopped having debates a while ago in favor of discussions since there is no winner, and I'd rather learn more than "be right".

Once you think it's possible that there is a winner in a conversation you or someone else is having with me, you better go reread some shit, because there is no such thing.
Bullshit. Ties in worthwhile debates are scarce because the chances of both sides of the dichotomy of a statement being equally valid are very slim. There's always a side of it that is more valid than the other, because that's how reality works. So, in debates, the most valid side wins, simple as that. Saying that nobody wins is exactly the kind of pussy PC I despise, because that's denying both sides their earned rights (of being right or wrong).

If you want to comfort the losers, say that they should learn from their defeat and/or that they should learn from who won. You know, actually growing a pair instead of indoctrinating their wrongness as valid.

Also, you want to learn more than "being right"? Your whole shtick is making sure you're always right at all times, stop trying to fool people when you clearly can't.

Quote:
In other words I didn't stop posting here because you all "beat me". I stopped posting here because I deemed you all sufficiently un-open-minded as to not be worth having discussions with.
Bullshit. Or is it irony for the closed-minded retort? Or perhaps hypocrisy, since you said you wouldn't come back and you came anyway? Most probably all of them.

Quote:
Go ahead and respond again if you want, but I won't be checking up on it.
Bullshit. You said that before and didn't fulfill it, what guarantees are you giving us that the same won't happen again?

Quote:
Oh and Mest, the only way these forums would be less stupid is if you left.
Bullshit. AMA already indicated why.
Quote:
You seem to think that being antagonistic is clever. (When it is really much closer to the opposite of that)
Bullshit. Being antagonistic is independent of cleverness, but to make the assertion you just made, now that is indeed closer to the opposite of cleverness.

Quote:
Because of this, you are actually less intelligent than Kael (something I didn't think possible)
Bullshit. You'd give up both gonads to be as intelligent as Kael if you actually cared about being intelligent.

Quote:
I think he actually understands there is a difference between the two, and occasionally manages a comment that falls into the latter category, whereas I have only seen the former from you.
Bullshit. Mest isn't that strong of a debater (sorry, but it's true), but he's capable of creating clever arguments, something that nobody with proper argumentation can say about you.

If I'm wrong, prove me so. Until then, grow a brain.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-18-2012), ask me anything (01-18-2012), Axiom (01-18-2012), J-man123 (01-17-2012), kael03 (01-17-2012), Mal (01-17-2012), Miburo (01-18-2012), xxMESTxx (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #180
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Thought he wasn't going to come here anymore. Stupid and not a man of his word. What a pansy. Har har!

Last edited by Miburo; 01-18-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-18-2012), Axiom (01-18-2012), Mal (01-18-2012), Numinous (01-18-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.