Games and all things related - Page 157 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #2341
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Games and all things related

I have a few boxes similar to Servo hidden away in storage. With a Nineteno, original Sega and Dreamcast relics. Next time I'm out that way I'll dig that stuff out.

I miss Dreamcast.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Show us your old stuff people.
Luckly this bad boy was sitting in the closet.

Last edited by Axiom; 01-14-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: 'sitting'
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-14-2012), Mal (01-15-2012), Servo (01-14-2012)

Old 01-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #2342
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Someone please tell me one of us has a powerglove. Please.

I pretty much lost the battle on a lot of the old tech with two older brothers and never truly having a lot of the games but fortunately, I married into a working NES and N64. Good times.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-14-2012), Mal (01-15-2012)
Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #2343
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

My family was poor when I was growing up, so my brother and I got mostly hand-me-down systems (an early generation sega from my cousins when they got a 64, and an original playstation from a friend whose mom forced him to get rid of it since it was hurting his school work amongst other aspects of his life). Somehow my parents got my brother and I a 64, but I got rid of it after I got a gamecube.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #2344
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

The one and only console I ever had. Until Mibs sent me a PS2 but anyway. Sure, played the fuck out of Sega Mega Drive and original PS, but only in some gaming...centers? Not sure if you had that kind of shit, but we did back when I was kid. Friend gave me a Dreamcast for a few months too.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-14-2012), kael03 (01-14-2012), Mal (01-15-2012), Numinous (01-14-2012), Servo (01-14-2012)
Old 01-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #2345
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

The Dreamcast was awesome. Besides the fact it was ridiculously easy to just burn your own games. Had many long and sweet local MvC2 tournaments in my living room. Played the fuck out of Phantasy Star Online too, first console game I ever played online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Someone please tell me one of us has a powerglove..
That would be nice, but not me. There is half a chance an old VHS copy of 'The Wizard' might be sitting in a box somewhere around here though. Probably right next to Wargames.

Last edited by Axiom; 01-14-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #2346
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Oh my Cthulhu, how I remember playing the shit out of Alex Kidd and Sonic on that console when I was a wee lad.

And suddenly I have the urge to dust off old consoles in remote corners of my house... and maybe find one of these.
A Mega Drive! I refuse to call it Genesis.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #2347
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
I nostalgia'd so hard.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #2348
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Gameboy Pocket, with Pokemon Red as the only game I have ever owned for it.

My brother and I also have a Playstation and a PS2, but neither work because they were broken by women.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #2349
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

My PS1 was broken after somebody decided to put a screw driver in the disk drive.
My PS2 was broken after someone tried to see how it would do if thrown on the floor.
My Gamecube broke after someone pulled on the controller and it flew out of the shelf and smacked into a wall.
My PSP broke after my uncle gave it to his son without my permission and he was playing while jumping up and down on a bed, fell over and tried to use it to break his fall.
My PS3 broke after someone played too much on it without giving it a break and it overheated and fucked up.

I don't like people is what I'm trying to say.

Edit: Mass Effect 3 confirmed to require Origin and won't be on Steam, not surprising but blah. Was looking forward to it too.

Last edited by Demi-God; 01-15-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Scientia (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #2350
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

"Someone" was you. Don't even try.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #2351
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

How very dare you, I treat my consoles as if they were my children. "Someone" was always a brother, cousin or a little kid. Though the PS3 may have been partially mine and Dragon Age's fault, mostly brother though.

I missed my Gamecube the most, Super Smash Bros with Mewtwo was the best thing.

Also James, finished all the FEAR series now and FthreeAR wasn't bad at all, I actually enjoyed it more than FEAR2, in that you get literally raped. Have you tried playing it in co-op?
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Scientia (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #2352
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, but I actually enjoyed FthreeAR much more in single-player. Didn't like Fettel's powers at all. Neither of the sequels hold a candle to the original, anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPhG...eature=related

Next time I'm at my PC I'm playing this. I think it has co-op too, could be a laugh.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-15-2012), Demi-God (01-15-2012), Mal (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #2353
Demi-God
BEST

I think Fthreear was a little closer to the original than 2 was, but the first was definitely the best. I played both as Point Man and Fettel and I did like his powers, was a good change and it also made for fun support in co-op. I'll most likely end up playing it again both in co-op and solo. I think they could have made the "scary" moments a lot... well scarier, they weren't as well done as in the first one. Do love the series though, I don't know if they'll make more but I hope they do.

I'll give Elevator a download too and we can try out co-op. I still want to make an indie hipster game, sell it on Steam and make monies!

Also, the Dark Souls petition for PC has reached over 70,000 signatures and Namco has responded that they've taken notice and are keeping an eye on it. I really hope it happens, and then I hope people actually buy it so that other companies see it as a viable thing to do for some console exclusives (Uncharted, I'm looking at you).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-15-2012), Mal (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #2354
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

So I got my new power supply, and gpu (gtx560ti) installed. Downloading Skyrim from Steam presently I did see a way to transfer my save from the 360 to pc on youtube, hope I can get it to work.

Perusing Steam's game library, they have some decent stuff. They have a complete Age of Empires 3 pack featured, too bad I already have all the add-ons.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #2355
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Over the next few paychecks I'm going to be buying upgrades for my computer, essentially everything but the hard drive, power supply, dvd-rom, and case are being replaced so I can play skyrim and tor on sexy settings.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Servo (01-15-2012)